3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

charlie! I will try to post photos soon!!!! Trying to get dh in gear to help me with the nursery- it's hard when you are insanely geared to do baby stuff and your dh who can actually move the stuff isn't geared at all!!!!!

ttc that is such great news about your sister!!!!!! I'm so happy for her!

Natalie- I hope your feeling a bit better about things!

TTC- that's such great news about your sister! She must be so happy!

I had my baby shower yesterday too! We got absolutely spoilt rotten! I even got a few things just for me like a hair voucher and some body shop stuff :) lots of clothes and linen and a great twin breastfeeding pillow :) I almost cried I was so overwhelmed with how generous ppl were! I'll try take a photo and put it up when I get a minute :)
DH goes back to work tomorrow and then he's back next week, so I'll be going through all the gifts and deciding what we still need and making a list and then going on a shopping spree when he's back.. The baby shower was just what I needed to cheer me up :)

Hope everyone else is well :) xoxo

Morning ladies how is everyone today? I'm up earlier than I would like but Internet man is coming woohoo!!! It's peeing it down today!!! I had cramp 5 times in same calf last night :(
Dare and proudmummy I'm sorry that u suffer as well I've had such a busy weekend I havent had time to think about me!! Which I'm seeing as a good thing!! Will be a lot happier when the fridge freezer works it's really getting to me at the min cos I can't eat properly :(

Morning Natalie :) Yay for the internet man :D That's one more thing crossed off the list :haha:

How are you feeling? Cause obviously after your post the other day, just checking that you're ok? :)

oooh I have H's going home outfit sorted out!! https://www.mothercare.com/Disney-T...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7 My mum bought me this nad a Winnie the Pooh one.... so I'm going to humiliate the poor boy and dress him in it on the way home :D Mean Mean mummy! I'm already planning what to put them in for Halloween too! :D

What's everyone's plans today?

I am excited about having Internet again!!! Hopefully brother in law will hurry up and look at this bloody fridge otherwise I'm gonna be so tempted to get a new one tonight hahaha!!! Takes like 2days to get up and working :-S I need coffee and ice cream!!!!

I forgot to say so happy everyone had lovely showers!! Did u arrange them yourselves I'm meant to be having mine on 18th but I'm getting fed up of trying to organise it!!! :-S

Charlie love the going home outfit!!! I can't wait to get all the Disney princess outfits!!!!
I am hmmm not feeling great great but really hoping once settled in and everything working I will be better!! Had quite a few walks over weekend Which always makes u feel better!!! I got a bit lost and ended up walking for 2hours!!! I'm missing having cafe Nero on my doorstep and cafes etc!!!
Do u know really am tempted just to buy a new fridge freezer cos just so fed up now!!! Xx

Hi ladies!

Hope you all had a nice weekend?

Yay for all the babyshowers! Would love to see some photos! :)

My replacement started today, I only have 9 working days left, i cant wait!

Yesterday we practised folding the pram up and putting it in the car- what a mission that was! It is actually quite simple, but you need to know which buttons to press when.

Also, where should you put the carseat (maxi cosi)? should it be in the front seat or the back? I read something about airbags, but i keep seeing people putting it in the front?

Tanasha we got maxi cosi too!!! Went for the pebble we are putting it in the back seat passenger side!

Natalie- my sister and best organized my baby shower (although my sister did most of the work).. I basically just showed up! I insisted on making some of the food tho coz I felt guilty lol was so stress free! Maybe you could ask a friend to help organize yours to take some of the pressure off?

Tanasha- here in aus it's illegal to have bubs car seat in the front so I cant help you with that question sorry.. I have a question about car seats too tho... Should I put each babies car seat behind the driver and passenger seats for easy access or should I put one behind the driver and one in the middle so I'm able to see then both while driving?

aww sounds good lucky you!!! one of my friends has offered to help!!! everyone else just so busy these days bit unfortunate!!!
i cant help you on what do with car seats maybe ask in baby club forum see how people are doing it?!!

We've gone for a maxi-cosi car seat too. The safest place is in the back, & that's what's recommended, but if you do decide to put it in the front for whatever reason, you MUST ensure the airbag is switched off (if you have them).

TTC- you can get little mirrors to post in the back of your car so you can just peak in the rear view mirror to see both babies! You wouldn't really be able to see either of them without the mirrors because they'll be rear facing, plus it would be a huge pain in the butt (I think) to get a baby in and out of the middle, and does your car even have latches in the middle?

We're going for the maxi cosi car seat this time, but only because it fits onto our pram so it's easier!

But, with Stephen, his infant car seat went in the back behind the passenger seat Rear facing, or if it was just me on my own, he'll come in the front seat with me (which is just as safe AS LONG AS the airbags are turned off). Not all cars are able to switch the airbags off though. Now his car seat if FF (the car seat spec and hte HV said it was the best thing to do) even though I hate it :( I want him RF but he's over the weight limit and there's no way we can afford to buy a new ERF one for him. The HV said earlier that as long as they're really sitting up well, have strong neck muscles and over hte weight limit then FF is just as safe :shrug:

TaNasha - car seats have to go in the back unless you can disable the passenger side airbags in the front. Even then I think its preferable to be in the back.

Congrats on all the lovely baby showers! Sounds like they were all brilliant and you got some lovely presents! Looks like we have some very giving friends and family!

Natalie - I hope you settle soon and feel better. Depression is a scary thing, especially right now, but hopefully talking through it before it takes over too much will help you to not fall into it completely.

X

Thank u batty!!! Everyone on here has been amazing I'm overwhelmed at everyones kindness and thoughts!!!

I forgot to say so happy everyone had lovely showers!! Did u arrange them yourselves I'm meant to be having mine on 18th but I'm getting fed up of trying to organise it!!! :-S

Here in the US people arrange them for you- and they are SUPPOSED to be a surprise! Right now i know my mom is having one for me too but i don't know when or where. Assuming at her house but that's really all i know.

Hi ladies!

Hope you all had a nice weekend?

Yay for all the babyshowers! Would love to see some photos! :)

My replacement started today, I only have 9 working days left, i cant wait!

Yesterday we practised folding the pram up and putting it in the car- what a mission that was! It is actually quite simple, but you need to know which buttons to press when.

Also, where should you put the carseat (maxi cosi)? should it be in the front seat or the back? I read something about airbags, but i keep seeing people putting it in the front?

Wooo hoo to 9 more days!!!!! Here in the US it's also illegal to have the carseat in the front. It HAS to be in the back!

Well, just been to the doctor to discuss my blood test results & turns out I'm anaemic, so have been prescribed iron tablets. Hopefully they won't mess with my tum too much, as I've heard horror stories! I feel fine, no symptoms of low iron at all, which is a bonus.

It's not really common here (UK) but my girly friends are throwing me a shower. I only know because they told me the date so I don't double book! I think it'll just be a little gathering with tea & cupcakes rather than a gift-giving extravaganza like in the USA though :)

Sarah - glad you haven't been feeling the effects of low iron! And hopefully you'll be lucky with the tablets! My mum was quite lucky..except the black poo!!! :D

I'm having a baby shower - but I don't know when or where!!! I did make a mothercare gift list - but I think because we're not used to that kind of thing over here I felt SO cheeky!

I am SO jealous of all the ladies that are on or are close to maternity leave!!! I have 6 1/2 more weeks for go!! 33 working days!

I still have 7 weeks left at work, boo :-(

Haha, yes, the doctor did warn me about the black poo!!

Just off to Aquafit. Have outgrown my swimming cozzie, so resorted to a bikini with a vest over the top, as I refuse to spend £25 on maternity swimwear!!

Sarah - glad you haven't been feeling the effects of low iron! And hopefully you'll be lucky with the tablets! My mum was quite lucky..except the black poo!!! :D

I'm having a baby shower - but I don't know when or where!!! I did make a mothercare gift list - but I think because we're not used to that kind of thing over here I felt SO cheeky!

I am SO jealous of all the ladies that are on or are close to maternity leave!!! I have 6 1/2 more weeks for go!! 33 working days!

Maternity leave is pretty nice, but i'm so tired all the time i'm not getting as much done as i would've hoped! I can't believe you are working that much longer!!!!!

And i hated registering for baby stuff! i had NO idea what i would really need as this is our first and well- i have no idea!

I still have 7 weeks left at work, boo :-(

Haha, yes, the doctor did warn me about the black poo!!

Just off to Aquafit. Have outgrown my swimming cozzie, so resorted to a bikini with a vest over the top, as I refuse to spend £25 on maternity swimwear!!

Lol i haven't had the black poo problem- do you have slow releasing tablets over there? That's what i use and haven't had any trouble- they also told me to take it with orange juice to help absorb- so that's what i do every morning.

And i just spent a LOT on maternity swimwear. I hated that. I bought two suits and i'm so happy i did- i absolutely love that i don't feel so strange with a shirt over an ill-fitting old bikini! I got stared at more for that, then the actual maternity swim suit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->