3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Yea a boy and a girl lol. Goodness. No one told me that my braxton hicks would be stronger the second time around. :/ anyone else had that problem? With my son, i had them but they werent that bad and this one, wow, they are way stronger than they were with him.

FYI Charlie, I'm flexible with work so even though I'm not stopping for a few weeks I can take a few hours off in the day. Am going away on the 24th for a week though.

mrstacporter9 - I hope they don't get worse when I have the second.....these have taken my breath away as it is when they come!

i havent really noticed any braxton hicks??!!! i've had a fewtummy tightenings but not really thought anything of it?!!

where are we thinking for a meet?

I've had a few period type pains too Charlie- I didn't even think of mentioning it at my last appointment because they've really been so scattered. Now I wish I had, did they say what it could be?

My mw told me they are early contractions- or the start of them. So if i feel them, if there are more than 4 in an hour i have to call and talk about coming in.

?

The braxton hicks i get later in the evening usually and i really don't enjoy them at all. :(

Also i have a mw appt on friday- i HATE that it's that long from now- because i had been having them on tuesdays but our insurance changed so i had to wait for the damn card to get here. Now i have to wait until friday. sucks.

OH btw anyone looking into nursing bras yet? I mean, what size are we supposed to look at? What we've grown to i guess right? I know i shouldn't be but i get embarrassed when i go to look at these things!

Just got back from the midwife and everything was okay. It was different one again (so the fourth community midwife i've seen in five appointments..but this one was lovely. In fact - I've actually liked them all more than mine!

Babs heartbeat was very strong and very easy to find...and she's definately head down, 4/5th palpable..which may be why my fundal is slightly lower. Midwife was so nice and got excited that it was a nice appointment that I forgot to ask about waterbirth. First time I felt so comfortable and confident with the people dealing with me that I didn't even think to ask!

I have some nursing bras left from my son, but they look so ratty I think I might get some new ones this time around. I might wait to be measured in the hospital (there's a lactation center in my hospital so I wouldn't have to go anywhere), but my boobs never get bigger, I swear I can gain 30 pounds and I still have the worlds smallest boobs- oh well!!

mrstacporter9- I have way more braxton hicks this time around, I don't think I had them at all with my son until the very end!

Oh - nursing bras. At our classes they said to maybe not get them until after as they engorge so much for the first 4-6 weeks its hard to tell what you will need.

Oh wow, i was noticing that alot of you are pregnant with your first. O.O i so feel old right now... im only 24 for the record. lol. If you guys want to ask me any questions about labor and delivery I can answer them for you as best as I can ^^.
And im scared to look into nursing bras BattyNora lol. I have small breasts and they all look like they could swallow half of my body LOl.
Oh and TTCNumberTwo - im a dork i just realized that your own your second as well. :) congrats and Im glad at least someone else feels the strength in these darn contractions like I do. I swear some of these feel like my VERY VERY early labor contraction with my son.

ooh where... urm where's best for everyone? Watford town centre maybe?? :) There's a couple of coffee places and then loads of restaurant/bar places we could go too?

haha Mrstacporter9... i'm on the 2nd one too! :) and even though I only had him 8 months ago, I've still got no real clue what's going on :p :haha:

Still getting those period pains and now I think I might be losing my plug, it's the same sort of stuff I lost a week before last time :( But, I can't tell if it's paranoia cause of what the midwife said so I'm noticing more or whether it actually is! When OH finishes work, might see if he thinks we should get checked out just incase. Doesn't help that a couple of people at playgroup this morning said I'm more likely to have a prem baby as they're so close together :dohh:

Batty - CANNOT believe you forgot to ask :p :haha: What you gonna do now - wait until the next appt? At least she was nice!!!

mrstac- I'm 25 and only on my first! I will be 26 in sept. And I def don't feel old so don't say we're old!!!! :)

anyone else care to share age here?

and ttc it's not fair so many ladies are saying their bbs didn't grow at all- and mine have doubled! And I worry because the engorging makes them even larger :shock: I'm scared of my own bbs!

hmmmmm coffee :) sounds good to me charlie!!!! sounds lovely!!! everytime i been near i coffee place i been getting like 2 coffees at once well i say 2 coffees, more like a milkshake and a mocha!!!!
eak!! are u going to go get checked out tonight? they say your mucus plug grows back if lost early? i think they can do a test if they think baby on its way to see if baby will come in next 2 weeks or something!!! i think from what i gathered at hosp when i had to pop in they only seem to worry if bloody!!! let us know how u get on!!!
batty!!! ahhh i cant believe u forgot!!! i know i always forget to ask things!!!
i'm quite nervous about my midwife appointment tomorrow!!! i hope she is nice!!!

Hi ladies!

Hope you are all well!

I am 24 :)

We had a scan yesterday and LG is already weighing 2kg (4.4lbs) and she is measuring at 33.6 weeks instead of 32.3!

and ttc it's not fair so many ladies are saying their bbs didn't grow at all- and mine have doubled! And I worry because the engorging makes them even larger :shock: I'm scared of my own bbs!

I am also scared of my ladies getting any bigger than they already are! It feels like they are popping out of everything and are all over the place!

Haha Im sorry I didnt mean it to sound like I was calling everyone old. LOL I meant I feel old cause im already on my second and LAST child, when everyone else was on their first.

And for the boob thing :/ I wish mine would double in size.... Im not very blessed in THAT department lol

Tanasha glad your scan went well!! Wish I could have another scan would love to know how this one is doing in weight and size!! Can they only estimate weight by a scan? Did they say what it means as your measuring ahead a bit??

I don't think mine have changed much in size gone up like a cup or so but was already big to begin with!! :-S hopefully won't get much bigger!!!

Wow I've missed a lot! I am back from the beach trip we took our teens on. It was a great trip, but I was so thankful to have all of the help I had otherwise I wouldn't have made it! Just walking back and forth to the beach in the 100 degree heat through the sand did me in! We got back Monday night but I went straight back to work Tuesday morning and worked today so I'm still a bit worn out and haven't had a chance to catch up here!

Batty glad your appt went well! Tanasha I should have a scan to measure baby boys size either Friday or in two week bc they want to check his weight... I am glad she is big and healthy!

I am 25 turning 26 in August expecting baby #1... Dare looks like we have a lot in common! :)

My bbs have doubled in size too and they were big to begin with, I hate it bc they make me look obese between my huge baby bump and the huge chest I now have sitting on top of it... I avoid being in pictures! I can't imagine them getting bigger :-/ yikes! That'd scary!

I think I started having BH contractions the past few days, very few and really sporadic ... I though it was just a crampy stomach & back pain but my mom told me they were prob BH. The baby had hiccups for the first time today :) it felt weird but was pretty cool... He is so low it kinda felt like my girl parts had the hiccups lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->