3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

its oka but ya glad that everything went ok at dr.

Mal glad your results were all ok!! Sorry your husband is away a bit longer!!!

Hope u girls that were dtd had better luck than me :haha: :cry:

Mal - sounds like you're doing really well controlling the GD by diet! Just ignore the negativity she gave you! and why's your hubby away? Is it his job? :(

Natalie - what happened? :( We DTD but will admit it didn't last long.... probably as he hadn't got any for ages :haha:

Haha we DTD!... It was awesome as always... Although it hasn't done much for me in the way of progression! ... Would prob do it everyday like usual
if we both weren't so tired trying to work and then finish our house before the baby gets here! We mostly finished his room so decided to go ahead and paint living room! Lol always a new project!

Dare I went swimming a ton last weekend... Quite active swimming and jumping around in the water actually bc my 3 little nephews, a neighbor who
's the same age, and my 4 yr old cousin were all in there playing with me! I was the playground in the swimming pool lol ... I may try birthing ball and just relaxing more... I sat for 4 hours this evening and did nothing ... So rare ... I cried bc I felt guilty about it afterward lol but I did rest a bit!

On another note I'm not sleeping well at all... It's 2 am here and I still haven't fallen asleep... Restless legs, peeing, hip pain, and anything else you can think of are keeping me up! Urg :( looks like I may have to move to the recliner chair to get any rest!

Krystal the amount you get up to in your days, I think you deserve to have 4 hours off!! :D

Mal - sounds like you're doing really well controlling the GD by diet! Just ignore the negativity she gave you! and why's your hubby away? Is it his job? :(

Natalie - what happened? :( We DTD but will admit it didn't last long.... probably as he hadn't got any for ages :haha:

Lucky!! :haha: he got into bed, muttered something seconds later snoring so bad I had to sleep on sofa.... My back was already hurting now I'm walking round like an old lady that's lost her stick haha

On another note I'm not sleeping well at all... It's 2 am here and I still haven't fallen asleep... Restless legs, peeing, hip pain, and anything else you can think of are keeping me up! Urg :( looks like I may have to move to the recliner chair to get any rest!

I'm the same at the min!!! Every little noise wakes me up as well!!!!

Ugh emotional day already-sat crying like a muppet.. Despite being SO lucky and having so much to be grateful for all I can see is the other stuff. Bad thoughts GO AWAY!

Mal - glad things are looking good.

Dare - sounds like a good appointment!!!

All you gals DTD....use protection! ;-D

I'd have kicked him out of bed and he could have snored on the sofa! hehe!

:rofl: batty!!! I think it might be a little bit late for that :O

What bad things are you thinking about? :(

Thats funny, I guess all of our OH's have snoring problems- I put a pillow over his head last night! Batty, I hope everything is okay, and Krystal you deservse some relaxation!

Effacement -- The thinning out of the cervix- Your cervix must dialate (open up) and Efface (thin out) before the process of labor can continue. With dare being 80% effaced that means her cervix is less than 10% away from being completely effaced- At 100% your cervix will be as thin as a tisse- which helps the baby come out!

Mal i glad you got better news. Also To whoever asked (sorry multitasking) Yea these stupid contractions were an all night thing. The only thing that helps is a hot bath. They hurt pretty bad sometimes. Since the dr says im gonna be like in prelabor until I actually go into labor- Im just trying to adjust to the contractions being so strong.

My contractions have come back in full force- so Ive just been dealing with them. These have made me a little crampy today and Ive been going to the bathroom ALOT and everytime I go pee, I feel like I gotta go number 2. TMI I know (sorry) But woowee, i feel like my stomach is staying hard. :/

I am so sorry hun that's horrible. My mw told me when they start i should take baths? I've gotten conflicting issues with that though. Like my birthing class instructor (who lied about internals) told us that if you take a bath it'll stop the contractions. But the MW said- if it's the real thing, it's the real thing and nothing is going to stop it. So it's way for me to relax and take it easy and find out if it's real. At least it would be somewhat relaxing while waiting right.

its going to be quiet on here this weekend then..... :haha:

yeah charlie my midwife said the same!! are u naturally brown then? im not too sure what my natural colour is... i think its almost back to it... cant see any roots anyway!!! hahaha

Yeeep not a natural blonde at all! Though I've not seen my natural hair colour in about 8 years :haha: what colour do you normally dye yours?

ive been all colours years and years ago i used that sun in that makes your hair go lighter.... well i kinda went a strawberry blonde but hair has never recovered from using that stuff!!! since then ive been using deep reds but now i have been trying dark brown part of me wants to go back to strawberry blonde cos i feel i look washed out being brown and i was never getting any colour to my face staying white all year round but now im actually starting to get a bit of colour so will probs stay brown... till i get bored anyway hahaha also i've been told cos of colours sticking to my hair i would really have to get hair stripped a few times before i could think of going lighter!! :( might try and do it gradually... hmmmm hehehe

HA my mom always wanted me to be a blond when i was little. i have naturally dark brown hair with natural red highlights. My brother was blond but it got darker over years and she would just put lemon juice in his hair in the summer and it would blond up again. She tried this with me and got mad because it turned my hair orange... hahahaha. Then i got blond highlights, almost dying my hair blond- and she told me never mind she was wrong i would not be a good looking blond. So she's not happy with anything about me it seems.

well got my results today from my urine collection and its all normal so nothing to worry about, loved the Nurse Practionor I had today she is really nice. She said I was controling my GD very well said my numbers were good, and my weight gain was really good considering the GD. But she scheduled me for a growth scan next thursday YAY! as I have been asking for weeks to have one due to the GD and wanting to be sure. So she made one for me :)

on another note just found out my OH is gone be gone even longer then I expected :(

anyways sorry to rant :)

Glad your urine results came back normal!!! that is fantastic news lady!!! and i am very sorry about your oh being gone longer than expected. :( :hugs:

Effacement -- The thinning out of the cervix- Your cervix must dialate (open up) and Efface (thin out) before the process of labor can continue. With dare being 80% effaced that means her cervix is less than 10% away from being completely effaced- At 100% your cervix will be as thin as a tisse- which helps the baby come out!

:thumbup: thanks for explaining for me- i hadn't gotten here in time! lol. But i have 20% more to go, not 10%. A little longer yet. :) Now i wonder if they will check me out at next appt. Now i have my weekly ones scheduled until the first week of august.

one more day until full term! so excited. Did i tell you ladies about the dream i had thursday night? that i was having the baby on the 11th of july- which would be this monday. In the dream i looked at my watch and it said the 11th- and i was in the hospital and calling DH to tell him- it's time! you might want to leave work.

never had a dream like that- wonder if anything special will happen on monday? probably nothing- but curious!!!

Had a bfp the morning i woke from a dream telling me i had a bfp- and i hadn't even been planning to test that day. :)

Lol your right dare I put the wrong number, I mean 20 percent. I was explaining to natalie, who asked what effacement meant.

ooh not long to find out Dare!!! :D

I keep getting texts from my MIL saying 'how are you feeling today' and 'any signs yet'... I think she's just excited she gets Stephen for a few days :haha: but it's like Steve would have called you if we thought we were in labour!!! She's being nice really! :dohh:

It does look like all our OHs snore! I get moaned at for waking him up when he snores...a nd he says 'you really need to stop waking me up'... URM REALLY? Who woke up up first? :haha: Did the pillow over the face work TTC?

So with effacement (I never heard about that until this pregnancy) if your cervix is 100% will labour start pretty much straight away OR can you be effaced for a while? :shrug:

I think you can be effaced for a while- just like dialated. But once your that close- being that effaced, as long as you begin dialating, it shouldnt take long. I think it depends on the body. Like some people may be 90% effaced and be 2 cms dialted. But active labor still wont begin until you hit like 4 cms, i think. I was dialated 2cm and 50-60% effaced for 2-3 weeks before I ever went into labor.

Dare, I will die if you go into labor on the 11th- that would be crazy!! Is anyone else getting annoyed at people asking if you're in labor yet? People keep asking me that when they see me, even though I'm not due for 3 more weeks- I'll probably lock myself in my house when it gets alot closer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->