3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Ladies i am so bloody confused right now. The mw office had told me to time my menstrual like type of cramping because that can be labor. Now i'm reading online that BH contractions can turn into the real thing. SO where the hell do contractions actually occur? top or bottom of the uterus because now i feel like i don't know anything!!! I was told lower down and now online is saying above near the fundus and i just feel very lost.

eak dare im not sure!!! i know when i was on the monitor i had one lower down nearer bellybutton which was for baby's heartbeat and one higher up which measures contractions!!! can u call and ask??

Both my real contractions and BH ones have been where I get period pain - others claim Bh are at the top of their belly and then some say contractions start at the back and work their way around the belly.

And mal - hope your day improves :) just ignore the bitching and concentrate on you and your bubba!!

my bh ones are above- that's what they've told me they are anyway. And the cramping I had down low they said were the real ones. But really... I've read and heard so many different things. And my family has been full od women that could talk and walk during their contractions even when at 5 minutes apart. They had to be told by other people they needed to go in. Just scared I'm not going to recogonize them. Because the menstrual cramps they told me were contractions didn't feel that bad I could walk around and everything with them.

Looks like Samira beat you two too it - cheeeeky!! :)

Good luck Samira!!! :D

Dare - the early ones usually are the ones you can walk through etc - it's when you hit established labour - they're the ones that you struggle with, hopefully you should find they'll eventually start to intensify and get closer together and last longer

just thinking has anyone heard much from mumtomiller and how she is getting on??

my bh ones are above- that's what they've told me they are anyway. And the cramping I had down low they said were the real ones. But really... I've read and heard so many different things. And my family has been full od women that could talk and walk during their contractions even when at 5 minutes apart. They had to be told by other people they needed to go in. Just scared I'm not going to recogonize them. Because the menstrual cramps they told me were contractions didn't feel that bad I could walk around and everything with them.

i also worry im not gonna know when actual contractions start!! but keep getting told.... you will know.....:shrug:

:haha: at the time when youre getting started you're like I do know I feel it now but it is true you will know when the established ones kick in!!

I know natalie me too! But if my mother didn't know- how will I?? And when I alled about the period type pains they said those need to be timed! I said "what?! But they don't feel like anything!" and they said "for some women that's all they get!!!" how was I supposed to know that??

I know natalie me too! But if my mother didn't know- how will I?? And when I alled about the period type pains they said those need to be timed! I said "what?! But they don't feel like anything!" and they said "for some women that's all they get!!!" how was I supposed to know that??

oh no really!!! its soooo confusing isnt it!!! i've heard it can start like period pains for some women then progress?!! i guess we hope that our waters actually go so we know :haha:

I don't really want my waters to go first- because they only give you so long after it breaks to have baby- which scares me- they do a csection if its over a certain point and i think it's like 24 hours or something. I think i would panic and freak out and cause more trouble to myself if my water went first and i was scared to death i wouldn't get baby out in time. You know what i mean?

SO natalie from what i'm reading- it sounds like braxton hicks are only called braxton hicks when they are preterm type labor? Sounds like the SAME area can be called true labor contractions when they start occuring that close together. Which is hard because it says they can come normally between 10-20 minutes. I just feel like they are leaving a huge chunk of information out!!!

What the hell am i timing?! lol i feel like i'm mad.

oh really?! i didnt know that they only give u a certain amount of time then its a section!!! i thought (maybe its over here) that if no contractions etc after waters break after certain time they induce u and put u on hormone drip?
from what i have read is that:
phase 1- early labour
duration- 12 hours or more
contraction- 30-60 secs
frequency- 5-20 mins apart
dilation 0-3cm

phase 2- active labour
duration- 6hours or more
contraction- 45-60 secs
frequency- 2-5 mins apart
dilation 3-7 cm

phase 3- transition
duration- from a few mins to a few hours
contraction- 60-90 secs
frequency- 2-3 mins apart
dilation- 7-10cm

phase 4 delivery
duration- from a few mins to over 1 hour
contraction- 45-90 secs
frequency- 3-5 mins apart
dilation 10cm

does that help at all i just copied that from my app on phone!!!

Natalie over here- at my hospital i think it's 24 hours from the time the bag goes. They will in there try inducing but if baby doesn't come out by 24 hours they cut you open and take baby.

Ok ladies i have another question- anyone have a change in their discharge? TMI i know but curious? I have had clear discharge- DEF smells like normal discharge so the only reason i'm not worried- but it's clear and a lot more than normal. now mw did mention there would be tons more in the last bit here- just wasn't expecting it to be clear. Anyone else experiencing this?

Oooh I see!! I don't really know how long they give u here!!!
Hmmm think I have noticed had clearer discharge but to be honest I haven't really been paying attention!!

so um ya Im waiting for on call dr to call me back... I think my water may have broke....

Wow, Mal and Samira have had their waters break- this is starting to get really exciting around here!!! Dare, I've had increased discharge as well but I would describe my as white and not clear, so I'm not sure what to tell you! I also wish I could distinguish between BH and real contractions, but I can't remember how I felt before I had my son, you would think I'd be better at this since I've done it before but I feel like I'm in the same boat I was as the first time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->