3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

how effective is nipple stimulation? does anyone know?

i guess its as effective as sex, pineapple, tonic, walking and all that jazz. Cant hurt to try.

jus trying to think of things cause I cant have sex due to OH being outta town for who knows how long. But seeing as how baby as dropped and I am 1 cm already I have a small head start..

my nips started leaking as well too.

well oka I need to go to bed now its 415AM now lol

Nat - Ahh I so hope it works! It's about time these babies started showing their cute little faces :) at least you have some reassurance your m/w is good at her job too!

Ooh tanasha - never thought about freezing meals - we just stocked up on pasta and things like that at first and then after a week or two I was up for cooking again :) though last time steve bought me two massive bars of galaxy - they lasted a couple of days at the most ;) but I would say cooking and freezing is probably a really good idea :)

Mal - it's apparently effective as it stimulates your uterus but your body has to be near labour or cervix has to be ready fir it to have any affect (or so I've read)

i was thinking of making some lasagne, cottage pie and mac and cheese so DH can just pop them into the oven. But then I will have to find the energy to make all of them!

Hmm mac & cheese!! :) you have to think about whether you'll have more energy now or when she arrives :haha:

i was thinking of making some lasagne, cottage pie and mac and cheese so DH can just pop them into the oven. But then I will have to find the energy to make all of them!

I think it's a great idea - I'm just like you and don't know if I can bring myself to do it! The way I am at the moment I'd probably scoff them before they made it to the freezer!! :D

Hmmmmmmm galaxy chocolate *drools* I am sooooo getting me some of that!!!!

I was gonna cook some bits up but I have no room in my freeezer!!! We have stocked up on things like pasta and bits that are easy/quick to cook!! I was advised to make sure u have things u can eat easily and one handed!!!

So maybe fajitas isn't the best idea then!!!! Not they way I stock mine up anyway.

That is the one massive plus of still living with our parents - my mum tends to cook anyway because it's 'her house' so I'm not really too worried about having to get anything special in.

Hmmmm galaxy chocolate.........*dribble*

Yay Charlie for progresss!!!

Natalie good luck! My fingers are crossed!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Natasha, you are a better woman that I am! I can't imagine riding a bike right now! It seems all the pressure the seat puts on your cervix could have a good effect toward progressing though! Just be careful & don't go into labor lol! I'm afraid I'd feel like my pubic bone was going to pop apart worse than it already does!

I woke up this morning at 5 am with DH & when he was kissing me goodbye a min ago he asked if I was ok & I told him yes, but that this baby needs to come out now bc I am so uncomfortable & I went on a rant about how I want my body back now lol & I was tired....& he said he felt like he could go back to sleep himself right now (seeing as he only gets 5 or so hours a night and works 10 hours in the 100+ degree heat I am sure he needs more sleep!) but right about that time morning sickness kicked in again and I Sat up really fast and said "I feel like I could throw up right now!" You should have seen him jump backwards away from me haha ...it was hilarious ... Thankfully I haven't been sick yet this morning even tho I feel nauseaous!

Haha batty I had veggie fajitas last night!!! I thought so not gonna get a chance to eat them for a while esp as I make them very spicy and if I express milk and monkey has reflux cos I gotta remember what I eat they also eat through milk!!!

My parents are going to stock up on groceries and I'll cook at their house after the baby is born for all of us & they will pay me so we can save money on groceries and have extra income which is nice. I've thought of freezing meals but have no energy for it! Lol

Ttc- I've never tried nipple stimulation so I wouldn't know how safe it was contraction wise, but I doubt they would be Any stronger than regular contractions you'd naturally have in labor! I can't see them being insanely strong unless you were going into active labor ... Then again asking the mw is always safest! ... although mine get stimulated during sex a lot of the time lol :) and I've never noticed anything from it ....I'm
curious to know if it works! I am becoming increasingly miserably uncomfortable & would love to evict this baby or at least speed the process if possible lol

Hi ladies

I was feeling a little sad yesterday that baby was due this week (Thursday) but reading your posts and feeling your excitement has cheered me up.

I'd like to wish you all luck for the speedy, straightforward labour you'd like. Hopefully it won't be too long for you now. I'll be keeping an eye out on FB for those of you who are FB friends and look forward to reading your birth stories on here in due course.

I genuinely can't remember a great deal about my labour (it was almost 15 years ago) but I do remember going in to the hospital on the Saturday after a show (I was 38w) and being sent home as nothing was happening, and then throwing up Sunday morning and contractions starting Sunday tea-time (Note to self: don't have lots of fibre as your last meal before delivery :rofl). I eventually went in on Sunday night and was found to be 6cm dilated and my DS was born Monday morning after a 16 hour labour.

Take care everyone.

:hug:

Pip x

Thanks pip, good to hear from you! Sounds like were all ready to meet our LOs, I think ill take a long walk today

Thanks Pip. Hope you are doing ok?

Hmmm fajitas that might be whats on the menu tonight!

So went out on the bicyle and just my luck as I was half way it started to rain! I decided to rather go home as I did not fancy walking around in town all wet! Got home and then offcourse the sun started shining!

I have a mw appointment later this afternoon, so it will be me and the boke once again, but this time hopefully without rain!

:haha: before I even read any of these latest posts I went to tescos and I have faijtas for dinner!! How weird! :)

Pip - :hugs: i hope this week goes ok for you and feel free to come and cry on our shoulders Thursday if you feel you want too :) I'll be thinking about you and soon you'll be here showing off the LO you've been blessed with now.

Natalie - what time was/is your Appt? Getting a bit excited? Ooh and good point about bf and food!!

Krystal - I had to laugh when you said you felt sick and hubby backed away - is he a bit squeamish?? Hehe! And lucky you (and batty) having the parents cook for you! Then again I can always go downstairs for a carvery if I'm desperate :)

Tanasha - you're riding a bike this far along?? Go you!! Hope your appt goes well!! :)

Hiya!!! I am 3cm dilated and waters bulging!!! She said she could easily break them if she had a hook! Was a bit of blood when she did it which is good! 4/5 engaged as well :D
WOW!!!!!! She was surprised I haven't had any pains getting to 3cm dilated I said I'd only been achey!!!!

Hiya!!! I am 3cm dilated and waters bulging!!! She said she could easily break them if she had a hook! Was a bit of blood when she did it which is good! 4/5 engaged as well :D
WOW!!!!!! She was surprised I haven't had any pains getting to 3cm dilated I said I'd only been achey!!!!

Ahhhh yay :) so your waters could go at any time!!! And you didn't even know! Did they say what your supposed to do now? Just wait?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->