3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

wanted to add- that here they told us that you really aren't allowed to do anything for like 6 weeks after a C-Section- basically bed ridden. So if you have been moving around a lot you probably just irritated it a bit- probably superficial. What time is your appt? Will be thinking of you!!!!

awww thanks dare!!! its pretty hard to touch!
bed ridden? really!!! wow i couldnt imagine being stuck in bed for 6 weeks i know they say recovery takes 6 weeks but meh i cant sit around!!! hope i havent done anything!! my appointment is in 10 hours time! i hope they are not running late last time we were there she was an hour behind!!!! am trying not to worry believe it or not i have a bit of a phobia of doctors etc!!

I understand you being scared. I have a bit of a phobia myself. But it's probably because of how pushy they are and how many times ivw seen them screw things up! But I'm sure you are just fine hun. :) will be praying for you!!!

Thank u so much dare it's horrid isn't it I hate having to go there!!!

Natalie - Hayden has the same! im BF though but he has constant trapped wind! i think im going to take him to the docs today coz im pretty sure its colic. he is also sick after most feeds so i want to check this is all ok.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeek congrats TTC!!!!!! lovely ig healthy baby! and go you for saying it doenst hurt too much!!! i was in agony hehe!

And natalie dont worry about clots! i had a few HUGE ones come out! i had a panic attack when the first one came i hooked it out n kept it incase MW wanted to see it when i called them going omg omg omg! but apparently its fine lol

and krystal sorry i am here!!!! im so useless with time! trying to fit in looking after hayden and working from home is hell. I have no time at all! I have so much i want to do! i have my birth story to write still! ive got a million pics of hayden i want to sort out and put on FB and make a picture collage for the wall!

and sorry to hear your sick too :( i feel awful to you! is LO ok?

AFM - im shattered today! hayden did not want to sleep last night! he is so irratable at the mo, im more than sure he has colic! he is always straining and screaming and then lets out either a HUGE fart or poo later! its horrible seeing him in so much pain so we have the docs today at 12.50!

Also yesterday he had his tongue tie snipped :( was so horrible!! im a bit annoyed at my HV! she said she didnt think he would need it and then when i took him to the clinic the woman there was like its a 50% tie and its really thick so it 100% needed cutting!!!! stupid HV!

On top of that he has a constant gooey eye and ive been told to clean it with breast milk!!! and if it doesnt go in a week then he will need medicine for it!

I feel so bad as whenever he is awake most of the time he has a grizzle and a cry coz hes uncomfotable :( hopefully the docs will help today :(

I also had a panic the other day too! was watching hayden and all of a sudden he stopped breathing for a few seconds then took a huge breath!!!! then was fine! obv called the MW in a scared mess and she said its completely normal! so i watch him all the time now and he does it quite a lot! its horrible!!!! every time i see it im glaring at his chest waiting for it to move again!

On the plus side he is so much more alert when he is awake! eyes wide open and looking around everywhere! he seems to be growing a lot too, taking him to the weigh and play clinic at the childrens centre tomorrow to see how hes doing :)

so whos in the baby club! only a few more of us to pop then we will have to make a new thread in there!!!! so emotional, all our pregnacies are nearly done! xxx

oh also.........do you girls sing to ur babas if so what?? i dont know any songs and kno i should be singing to him!1 xx

Samira good luck at docs! Is Hayden bringing up much milk they say up to 2 tablespoons is totally normal it's just possiting more than that they think reflux which is so common just not nice!! Reflux is more like clear stuff they bring up!
And I don't sing for anyone poor little m
an won't have mummy singing happy birthdays lol!!!
Oh with gooey eye I been told cold boiled water and cotton wool!?!

Oh I have found an app for iPhone like the one samira was saying about to track baby's feeds, nappies, sleeps etc it's what to expect baby tracker!!

oooh il see if i can find that one too! the one i had was a trial and now they want £3, ive found another one but its not as good! I wouldnt be without it now!! id never remember when i last changed / fed him other wise!!! xx

ooh missed your post before!

Oh phew im not the only one that hasnt sung! they have these groups called sing and rhyme at the childrens centre down the road but ive not gone yet! il go when hes a bit older so i can learn some nursery rhymes! x

Oh samira! You poor thing working From home already? I can't imagine! I barely have time to post here from my phone and all I do is keep house and take care of Silas who rarely fusses ATM! ...next week I'll start back cleaning and cooking for my parents & I hope it won't be too bad!

I sing some church songs & babyish songs from Disney movies like the baby song from
prince of Egypt & there's a song in dumbo called "baby mine" it's like 4 stanzas, I always leave out the 3rd one and change it to baby Si, instead of baby mine lol .... DH swears the baby hates my singing bc I'm a terrible singer & he did spit up on me
when I sang to him once lol but I still sing to him some .... I don't think it matters what you sing ... You can google ideas but I think any calm or happy song even off the radio is fine- singing is singing they don't understand the words yet anyhow! ;)

I have always had a phobia of doctors "white coat syndrome" they call it here bc my blood pressure goes way up but only bc I am the doctors. After my recent birth experience with my doctor I think it will be 10 times worse! I am praying this new doctor will be as nice and excellent as I've heard
he was!

Samira I'm sorry Hayden isn't feeling well with the gas and such... You are breastfeeding right? Could it be something you are eating that he is sensitive to? Like gas causing foods like broccoli, beans, etc sometimes cause belly/gas problems for them or if you drink a lot of milk/dairy products he could be sensitive to the extra lactose or milk protiens ... Also things like onions, garlic, spices etc cause sensitivity & gas in some babies.... It always differs from child to child but you may want to see if there is anything in your diet that he may be sensitive to? Sometimes it takes a day or two for it to have effect so you have to think back over the past couple days ... Just an idea.. I've been told this a lot & avoid a lot of foods bc I don't want to make his belly hurt

we are all better now & lo is fine as far as I know, it was food poisoning :-/ which isn't usually contagious so we are hoping he stays ok! I feel like all we've done is sleep for 2 days around feedings and I'm still sleepy! *yawn* :) we are about to lay back down for a bit but I'm waiting to hear if DH made it to work... It's suppose to be really bad thunderstorms today, they haven't hit here at the house yet & im nervous being with the baby and having all the big trees about our house! I'm just hoping it didn't hit him too hard on the way to work (he has an hour drive) and doesn't hit here bad or at all!

Dare you & Charlie still hanging in there?

ooh yes Krystal - still hanging in there! The pineapple did set off a lot of cramps last night, but then fell asleep and they'd gone :( Doesn't help I keep getting the MIL reminding me she goes away in a few days so I need to have him before then :dohh: Just extra pressure :haha:

Glad you're feeling better too!! :)

Samira- glad to see you on here :p and Poor little Hayden he seems to be having a bad time of it at the moment :( Hopefully, they'll sort it out today but I've never heard of cleaning a gooey eye with BM! I got told the same as Natalie cool boiled water and a cotton bud/wool! Then again the HV told me and I really really don't trust anything they say as every one has their own opinion!

Natalie - hope your appt goes ok!

Dare - how you feeling?

ooh and I sing to Stephen (but only when NO ONE is around) but he LOVES humpty dumpty, The wheels on the bus, row row row your boat etc... but they're the ones I've sung to him since he was little - and I do recommend the baby rhythm and rhyme classes :) You feel stupid at first but if you keep going you'll realise how much they love it!

Finally back from docs basically gonna start of as treating it as infection so given me loads of strong antibiotics if they don't work or if I notice any changes I have to go back they did an internal as well and did a swab so yeah wasn't too bad!!

Natalie- glad the appointment went well and hopefully you'll start to feel better once the antibiotics kick in!

Dare and Charlie- how's the pineapple coming? I hope it does something for one of you!

Samira- I sing to LO, but usually songs that my other son knows so we can sing to him together. I have a horrible singing voice so it probably doesn't sooth him at all! I remember being shocked at all of the uses of breastmilk- it can cure eye infections and if baby gets a scratch it can help make it heal faster, its really interesting, try googling it some time!

Same old here, just enjoying my little guy. My stitches are starting to bother me, I keep taking baths to soothe them.... any suggestions?

I heard 2 15 min baths a day with tea tree oil and lavender seems to help!
Thank u hopefully that will be it sorted :)

Glad you got seen about Natalie! Hope you feel better and the antibiotics help!

Glad your hanging in there Charlie... Henry will wait til she's gone to make his appearance if she puts pressure on you! ... She better not put pressure on you! ... He will get here when he's good and cooked and ready! Hopefully you and dare will hve quicker easier labors than some of us!

Ttc you had an episiotomy right? Mine bothered me pretty bad for a week, I had to wear atretchy pants or cotton pants... I couldn't sit in blue jeans! I finally was able to wear them Tuesday. I took shallow baths with Epsom salt .. That helped bc salt helps heal ... Mine is feeling much better now I think my stitches are mostly dissolved .. Still scared to look...it itches some where it's healing but not bad ... Yours should get much better in the next few days just hang in there!

oh also.........do you girls sing to ur babas if so what?? i dont know any songs and kno i should be singing to him!1 xx
You don't have to sing anything special! You can just hum and make up songs too you know? :) they just like the sing song voice and the attention. So sing, well, anything! And i agree with Krystal- working already?!!! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Dare you & Charlie still hanging in there?

Yeah i'm still here. pineapple did NOTHING for me. Ate spicy chips, tried to get dh to have :sex: and he didn't feel like it- had a horrible headache from fasting all day for blood work. So here i still am. Miserable.

Glad you are all better!!!! That's great news!

ooh yes Krystal - still hanging in there! The pineapple did set off a lot of cramps last night, but then fell asleep and they'd gone :( Doesn't help I keep getting the MIL reminding me she goes away in a few days so I need to have him before then :dohh: Just extra pressure :haha:

Dare - how you feeling?

ooh and I sing to Stephen (but only when NO ONE is around) but he LOVES humpty dumpty, The wheels on the bus, row row row your boat etc... but they're the ones I've sung to him since he was little - and I do recommend the baby rhythm and rhyme classes :) You feel stupid at first but if you keep going you'll realise how much they love it!

I'm doing alright charlie- just bummed out. Thought the pineapple was going to do something. Had the dodgy stomach last night- and then today seem alright again. I have lower back pain which i'm hoping is a sign of something. But not holding my breath.

Finally back from docs basically gonna start of as treating it as infection so given me loads of strong antibiotics if they don't work or if I notice any changes I have to go back they did an internal as well and did a swab so yeah wasn't too bad!!

wooo hooo! told you it was probably not too big of a deal!!! So glad you are ok! I would've freaked too but still- so happy for you hun!

Dare and Charlie- how's the pineapple coming? I hope it does something for one of you!

Samira- I sing to LO, but usually songs that my other son knows so we can sing to him together. I have a horrible singing voice so it probably doesn't sooth him at all! I remember being shocked at all of the uses of breastmilk- it can cure eye infections and if baby gets a scratch it can help make it heal faster, its really interesting, try googling it some time!

Same old here, just enjoying my little guy. My stitches are starting to bother me, I keep taking baths to soothe them.... any suggestions?

psssh... pineapple did nothing!!!!!!

AFM- today i was thinking about using the tens unit on my back. I remember hearing you shouldn't use them before 37 weeks because it can cause you to go into labor. And since my back hurts and no one is massaging me- i was wondering if i should give it a shot? Anyone heard anything about this? Think i will ask the mw tomorrow.

My next appt is tomorrow at 2pm, and not looking forward to seeing them, and hearing more about inducing. Now it's not fun anymore- it's like battling against someone and i really don't want to do that. Fighting for what you believe in gets hard sometimes.

Spending the day relaxing here at the house- probably going to sleep again. Just feel exhausted today. And totally bummed out.

aww Dare - I know it's hard cause you are overdue but try and enjoy the rest whilst you can....though I know how much you just want her in your arms now! Someone said try pumping as that can get labour going and I think as you're overdue it won't hurt to try? Got told this yesterday :)

I'm so mad... I try not to let things bother me but this is realyl starting to bug me. Basically, I can't stand how Steve and his manager act together. She constantly texts him or calls him - even on his DAYS OFF! Even though she is the actual boss so whatever she asks him to do she should be doing herself. He's constantly going into work on his days off to 'help out' and then when we all went out to dinner they were acting like they were teh couple and not me and him. It made me feel so sick watching them and when I bought it up into conversation with him, he told me I was imagining it. EXCUSE ME?! Stephen seems to like her more than me as he just seems to be crying all day when he's with me - as soon as he sees her, he gets all excited and starts laughing and making these happy noises?!?!?! Then Steve has just come in saying he has to go to Enfield to get something which will make him late home... oh and guess who's taking him! Urgggggggggh!!!!!

Awwww Charlie :hugs: that's horrid for u!!! I wish i could suggest something!!! Only thing I can think of is to sit him down and have a serious chat with him make sure he knows how much it's really upsetting u and make him understand that and not let him brush it off as u imagining things he needs to know how upset it's making u!!!!! Oh and when it's his day off take his phone off him lol or switch it off and hide under sofa say it must have fallen down there!! Then if u have a doorbell, take batteries out or summin if not get to the door first and say u are all busy!!!! Maybe even talk to her and say this carry on is not on!! Use your pregnancy hormones while u still can!!!!!!!

Dare can they not try a sweep on u rather than inducing?? Sorry u are not feeling to happy!!! I can totally understand!!! I found I had to make myself as busy as poss just to stop driving myself mad!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->