3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

I think the liver condition (cholestisis - sp?) mainly affects hands and feet from what I've heard - my friend who suffered from it with both her pregnancies had red-raw extremeties from scratching and they monitored her babies very carefully as a result. Every time I get a slight tickle in hand or foot now I have a panic!

My stomach's been itchy the last few days. I think it's a combination of stretching and me deciding that I must have a reaction to Bio-Oil which I've used a few times to try and ease any imminent stretchmarks!

Does anyone not feel very pregnant at the moment? I'm eating better, feel quite awake at 10pm (miracle), constant weeing has diminished... the only signs are my constant appetite, back ache, fat stomach and, bizarrely and TMI, a really snotty nose!!

My friend didn't have any symptoms other than the serious itching. just scared the crap out of me when i read about it.

It's always better to be safe - it's what these boards are all about - sharing the experience of others to help those around us!

And flat stomach?! Gosh, that's an ego boost and a half. I'm having "blob' days as I call them when I'm feeling particularly flabby. Something I learnt - losing the weight doesn't stop you from feeling fat. And I guess I was lucky,

Oh, I want to see Paul! And Conviction!

I'm glad I'm not alone in the being big thing... I actually put on weight because of my abuse, tried to make myself as unnattractive as possible and haven't been able to lose it :blush:

:hugs: awww Hun :hugs:

It's Paul!!!! I can't wait to see it!!!! :0)[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is... god I really can't remember :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Ah that's only one u could think of Its got Simon pegg and Nick frost!

It's Paul!!!! I can't wait to see it!!!! :0)

I don't think it is... god I really can't remember :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Ah that's only one u could think of Its got Simon pegg and Nick frost![/QUOTE]

omg yes that's the one!! :rofl:

I can't wait to see it! Those two make the best films!!! I'm gonna wait for a few weeks, I hate over crowded cinemas!!! And feeling so huge at the moment!
I've also had itchy tummy and shoulders!!
Sequeena I love your bump!! I am the same size! But no where near as beautiful as your bump I just look fat and not dealing with the extra weight gain so well!! I put on weight when I suffered with depression!! I used to be a size 8! I miss being that size!! Ahh well lots of walks with little one soon get me there!!!

Wow this thread has been busy today but I've been quite lazy & not been on!

My scan is Friday at 5 pm! Ttcnumbertwo can't wait to hear!!

My stomach has been itching as well, but from 13-14 weeks it like PoPPED out! I had lost 6 lbs and now I've gain about 1 back but am still 5 lbs less then when I got pregnant... But my belly just really popped out there overnight. One day I could still button my "fat jeans" they were lose and sat under my belly then I went to put them on Monday and they were inches from buttoning! It's not too suprising for all the stretching and itching pain I've had but still I figured i would be further along when i started showing, maybe my ab muscles are weak, oh well I still just feel fat... But at least I know my weight on the scale isn't going up!

I was interested in water birth til I saw a baby delivery story & the mom had a water birth & it showed how nasty the water gets & even showed them using a fish scooper to scoop the moms bowel movements out of the water, & the dad was in the water & I just got grossed out lol I have a weak stomach. I never even bathe unless I shower afterwards lol

I had a dream I made my birth plan that was silly! Most of my birthplan will be for after the baby is born. I want to avoid c section but I'll prob have an epidural. In the US it's pain med &/or epidural that's the only choices pretty much. I am more concerned about baby being handed straight to me, and then skin to skin contact rather than a heat lamp, & breastfeeding.... I do not want the baby given any formula whatsoever! I don't intend to write a long or difficult one since you have little control over things anyways and it tends to create stress!

Hi ladies, back from the scan and everything was great!!!! The anomaly they saw at my earlier scan is now gone- so we have a healthy.....BOY!!!!! I can't believe I'm team blue again, but I'm so excited for DS to have a little buddy!! I have to go change my tickers to blue now!

Congrats ttcnumbertwo!!! I am so excited for you! I can't wait til friday I really hope we find out what we are having I am 99% sure I'll be team blue with you & "I'm always right" just ask DH haha :)

Hi ladies, back from the scan and everything was great!!!! The anomaly they saw at my earlier scan is now gone- so we have a healthy.....BOY!!!!! I can't believe I'm team blue again, but I'm so excited for DS to have a little buddy!! I have to go change my tickers to blue now!

Congratulations!!!! So happy that everything went so well for u!!!!

Hi Ladies ..

Im looking for a little reassurance here .. I will be 15 weeks on Friday and I have no symptoms whatsoever, not even sore boobs. I knows u lose your symptoms between 10 - 12 weeks but I still thought u would feel 'something' .. I have lost weight and apart from a little ligament stretching dont even feel pregnant and I think I have scared the C**p out of myself that something is wrong with baba (I lost first one at 8 weeks). I can only get to see my doctor tomorrow at 11am .. I am only going to gynae on the 25 Feb for next scan and I CANT wait till then .. i will land up in a mental assylum by then. Will she be able to listen with a stethoscope to hear the heartbeat? Im freaked out. Part of me says stay calm .. chance of mc now is very slim etc etc .. part of me thinks what if something is wrong and im just trying to overlook it and the baby has died etc etc .. I dont want to go for my next scan to find out i have been walking around with a dead baby for weeks .. Forgive me for the 'straight forward' words but thats what im thinking and losing sleep over ..................... and I hope i dont upset anybody by saying that but when u hear of what happens to other Moms u cant help but wonder ..

Thanks for your advice/help/reassurance .. really appreciate it !!!

I'm sure all will be ok hun. I still suffer with ms but apart from that I have nothing... and I suffered terribly with everything in the first trimester! I've lost weight too and often wonder if there's still a baby in there :hugs:

i am also feeling a little this way, more in the sense that i dont feel like i am showing though. i still seem to have symptoms but feel like everyone around me is getting bigger and i just seem to be staying the same. is anyone else not really showing much yet?

i am also feeling a little this way, more in the sense that i dont feel like i am showing though. i still seem to have symptoms but feel like everyone around me is getting bigger and i just seem to be staying the same. is anyone else not really showing much yet?

Hi Mum2miller

Just read your story and I cant imagine wha you went through and continue to go through .. Gosh I thought I had it bad :cry: ...

You are so strong and I find it hard to say an inspiration to us all because it feels like those are the wrong words to use but I just wanted to say thank you for making us all so aware of 'what could be' .. :hugs:

I wouldn't say I'm showing as much as what I thought I would be by now but I have a bump.. you can see there is something there other than just a fat tummy :happydance: .. my doc told me it depends on how you are carrying as to how much you will see so I wouldnt let it worry you. Hope this helps a little.

I wouldn't worry tOo much (easier said than done!) but every pregnancy is different! With DS I was ill right up until the end, had bad hip pain, dizziness all the time, couldn't stand longer than 2 mins but with this one i've got nothing - only difference is I've got pregnant boobs which I didn't have before :haha:

If you are really concerned phone your Dr and make an earlier appt because you are concerned? Or can you afford a private scan?

I wouldn't worry tOo much (easier said than done!) but every pregnancy is different! With DS I was ill right up until the end, had bad hip pain, dizziness all the time, couldn't stand longer than 2 mins but with this one i've got nothing - only difference is I've got pregnant boobs which I didn't have before :haha:

If you are really concerned phone your Dr and make an earlier appt because you are concerned? Or can you afford a private scan?

:wacko::wacko: .. it costs R1,000 for a private scan in SA :blush::blush: and I am watching the money spending because I quit my job due to stress so am short on cash as well .. I will just have to wait till tomorrow but am not sure if the doc will even be able to find heartbeat with stethoscope :cry:

Will he not have a Doppler? I'm sure he'll be able too - if they can find HBs at 8/9 weeks sometimes im sure you have a really good chance of hearing it :)

I have hardly anything either!! Hang done for few weeks now!
At the Docs they should use a Doppler to pick up baby's heartbeat! Maybe invest in one of those they are around £20 but if u need it for that but of reassurance I would get one!! Try not to worry too much as u don't want to get blood pressure up!!! ( I did this with many a freak out!!)

Dont worry about it... I was 17 weeks before I started to 'show'

It's different for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"