3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

I wouldn't worry tOo much (easier said than done!) but every pregnancy is different! With DS I was ill right up until the end, had bad hip pain, dizziness all the time, couldn't stand longer than 2 mins but with this one i've got nothing - only difference is I've got pregnant boobs which I didn't have before :haha:

If you are really concerned phone your Dr and make an earlier appt because you are concerned? Or can you afford a private scan?

:wacko::wacko: .. it costs R1,000 for a private scan in SA :blush::blush: and I am watching the money spending because I quit my job due to stress so am short on cash as well .. I will just have to wait till tomorrow but am not sure if the doc will even be able to find heartbeat with stethoscope :cry:

What part of SA are you in?

I wouldn't worry tOo much (easier said than done!) but every pregnancy is different! With DS I was ill right up until the end, had bad hip pain, dizziness all the time, couldn't stand longer than 2 mins but with this one i've got nothing - only difference is I've got pregnant boobs which I didn't have before :haha:

If you are really concerned phone your Dr and make an earlier appt because you are concerned? Or can you afford a private scan?

:wacko::wacko: .. it costs R1,000 for a private scan in SA :blush::blush: and I am watching the money spending because I quit my job due to stress so am short on cash as well .. I will just have to wait till tomorrow but am not sure if the doc will even be able to find heartbeat with stethoscope :cry:

What part of SA are you in?

I am also from SA! But I now live in The Netherlands with my dutchie DH!

My husband is from Cape Town... I love holidaying there.

I have had the same worries ... I finally ordered a Doppler to ease my mind bc the fear/worry was causing anxiety & my blood pressure to go up .. Mine should be here today!.. I understand the worry though but it's not best for you or the baby to get anxious, so relax and the doctor can reassure you in the morning! He should be able to use a fetal stethascope or a Doppler either one to pick up the heartbeat! I'm
not sure how easy they are to use but fetal stethascopes are very cheap like 15$ (don't know what that is in anyone else's money but it's about half the price of heapest Doppler)
you might could read up & order one of those! (((hug))) hang in there and try to relax!

i have a Doppler i just haven't wanted to use it in fear of not being able to find he heart beat and panicking plus i have a anterior placenta which i think makes it a bit harder to pick up. i think i will ring and make an extra appointment just to put my mind at ease, im sure everything is fine i just worrying so much but i think its normal to have some extra anxiety when you have had a scary history. Its actually weird because i am fine for the first week after an appointment or scan then over the second week my anxiety increases and by the end of the 2nd im a nervous wreck thinking the worst has happened so i see my doc and the circle starts again. i think im better off just to have fortnightly appointment as standard rather than monthly. what gel does everyone use for their dopplers? i have aloevera gel but dont know if it will work?

I also have a doppler and I have not been able to find a hb however hard and long i try. I bought it so i would not have to worry inbetween midwife appointments, but this is making me even more worried!

yes exactly what im afraid of. i just clicked on your blog and the first thing i saw was your apple bloq talking about how delicious and juciy they are now all i can think about is apple. Gosh if it wasnt 10pm here id be out hunting down apples mmmmm!!!! Damn cravings now i wont be able to stop till i get one 2 morrow!

One of the things I was shocked at is when midwife looked for hb was it was lower than where I thought it would be, like below trouser line and to the left! Hope that helps when looking for a hb!!

Morning ladies! Thought I'd share the most recent bump pic taken today (14+5). what do you think? Is it still bloat or is it finally bump?

https://i52.tinypic.com/29ybza.jpg

is it bright red? call your midwife, but i am sure everything is ok.

Maybe its just a vein that popped?

my best friend is 15 weeks and today she had bleeding so raced into the hospital to her OB and she was diagnosed with placenta praevia. So there can be lots of reasons why bleeding can happen, i know its easy to say dont panic but try not till till you know whats going on. Hope everything is ok xx

I was walking around asda and kept getting sharp pains in my abdomen. Bad enough to make me stop and keel over, they've eased off now. Got a tummy ache, hurts a bit to pee and got a pain in my bum (but it's in the bone if you get what I mean). Also got an ache in my vagina. If I wasn't bleeding I would think nothing of it.

Lucky I was wearing a pantyliner. The blood was brown with bits of bright red. I was wiping bright red for a few minutes, put a new pantyliner in and now it's just spotting.

I've got to pee in a jar and take it down... here's hoping it's something random. I've not had sex so that's not it.

All I can say is I had a bath this morning and used femfresh which I haven't used in this pregnancy. It's the only thing I've done differently.

Just try to relax I know it's so unbelievably hard! Are u going to Docs, hosp or midwife? When are u going? Least with a urine sample they check it in seconds!! I really a hoping everything is ok!!! :hugs:

I'm going to primecare in the hospital and will go up to antenatal afterwards x

I'm doing my best to relax, thanks girls :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"