3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

well after the jaundice test today her numbers are coming down YAY, I have a dr appt tomorrow for them to do a checkup on her. Im so glad breat feeding is going good but today it seems as if i have nothing coming out and it takes forever to get a good latch so I eventually move her to the right as she has no problems feeding on that side .

She looks like she is changing efore my eyes already.barely have time to get online but she has been sleeping a little more today.

My little angel is only 5 days old :( seems like yesterday I was pushing her out.

Natalie - he's gone from no poo to a pooping machine by the sounds of it! :haha: Henry seems to do a poo everytime I change him! how'd the drs go?

Dare - saw the photo shoot on fb! They're lovely :) can't believe how like you she is! Have you got things planned for when he goes to work?

Ttc - how do you cope when he goes away overnight? I'm staying with my sil so she can help out :) does your sister have children too?

Afm - got a decent night last nigh - steve took over everything past midnight cause was just so exhausted - had been up pretty much non stop since 2am of the 11th so he did it all! Didn't wake me up, just took Henry out of the room and fed him etc :) it's amazing how a few hours makes a massive difference!

Also my milks come in! My boobs are leaking like mad & are like boulders!! It's too late to get him back to nipple - have tried but on weds it's pay day & I really wanna express is it gonna be too late to pump and feed that way then? Haven't got a clue how long it lasts for :-/

It's such a lovely day here today! Took both boys to the supermarket & they were soooo good! So proud of Stephen especially! He's doing so well!

Natalie - I'm always around :) def gotta meet up with our boys soon! Seems silly being in the same town and not too! And batty's down the road etc :)

Has anyone heard from Sarahbella? Wondering if there's any news from her?

Hope everyone's having a lovely day! :)

@Mal- glad everything is going well hun. i know time flies so fast- it's insane. The latch will come- but make sure you are using that one bb even if it's not perfect- you don't want to decrease your output in that one and only have one good working one- and lord you don't want to engorge like i did! Sheesh!! It hurts! Best of luck hun x

@charlie - thanks hun! i had a blast doing it. I love doing my photography. Being pregnant made it so hard to get around i had a horrible time getting to any locations to just shoot and it was awful. I think that's what i missed the most while pregnant. Is the photography. I just want to go and shoot shoot shoot! can't wait til she tolerates the stroller a bit so i can go out and do that again. Miss it so much. So for now, she will have to deal with being the center of attention. Something tells me she won't mind too much. Is it really too late to get him back to nipple? I would still try if it's something you want to do.

AFM- Trying to order baby announcements today- but the site isn't working, won't let me click or save the product. So all that work and i can't do anything and the company isn't answering its phones. :grrmad:

Didn't get off to a good night sleep last night, Ava cluster fed from like 8-130 this am- and a million diapers in between. Rough. Then she woke me up maybe once or twice more in the night- which was fine but that head start was awful.

She refused her co-sleeper so again i had to hold her all night. And she's so fussy today, i can't put her down for 5 seconds or she screams. :( Poor baby.

Mom is coming by for a bit- which could be good- she tends to ignore me when i tell her to ignore the freaking dog because if he goes wild i'm throwing him in another room and locking him up. She asks everytime what she should do, and then doesn't do anything i ask. I don't want him to be held the whole time. no i don't want him to scream and be fussed over. He has to learn, he's not first. he's last. Baby is first. and if he freaking loses it and screams when she gets here today i'm going to lose my mind. For real.

Frustrated. sorry for the rant.

lol charlie he is all over the place with his poo's!!!! one day loads other days none!!!
docs went well my lumps are just scar tissue they not gonna do anything with them unless they grow, become red or sore!! so woohoo!!!! i spoke to her about little man as well and she agrees its reflux and given him some baby gaviscon! hopefully that will work anyway!!
yes we should meet up soon!!! would be lovely!!! :D
hmmmm whats sleep??? i am soooooo tired!!!! i got 30mitns last night he was so unsettled again just wanted to be held!! (we in same boat there dare!!!!) today has been mega busy i havent stopped!! by time got everything done and came back home i thought ahhh he has nearly 2 hours till next feed so thought i would sleep nope no chance i got 30mins then he decided he was hungry!! now dh home, well he has fallen asleep and daniel is unsettled :( i am exhausted and havent even managed to eat much!!! on the plus side we got him weighed, 12 days ago he was 9lbs 1.3oz, today he is 10lbs 3 oz!!! i am shocked how much he has gained!!!!

aww dare sounds a nightmare i would not be able to cope with pets!!!! hope your mum does as u ask her and doesnt fuss over the dog!!!!
i used to love doing photography too mainly of bands though!!!!

ahhhh i just looked over and daniel was asleep so was just hoping..... nope dh snoring has woken him up ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi ladies,

I still have not had time to catch up!

Esmé has colic, so we are in for a rough few weeks! Im taking her to the chiripractor for the 1st time tomorrow, so hopefully that will help. Today she has been awake from 8 am and only fell asleep at 6.30 pm, so I am exhausted! Hopefully she will be so tired she will sleep loads tonight! Fingers crossed!

Hope all of you and bubbas are doing well, sorry for being so rubbish with keeping up with everyone!

@Charlie- glad to hear you got a good night's sleep, I'm still waiting on that one! I have gotten so used to DH being gone alot, that's just his job, but I'm really nervous now with two! My sister has a 4 year old, and she sleeps over at my house all the time, so my sister and her daughter can stay over and that will be a big help! I bet you can express if your milk is just now coming in, I'm not sure about that one- I bet your midwife could help you out with that one!
@Dare- sorry your having dog troubles, I know my dog acts up whenever we have company, but I just put him outside. Luckily, my dog has gotten very calm in his old age and just likes to lay around alot. He knows when DH comes home, thats when he gets his exercise so he doesn't bother me much during the day.
@Natalie- I'm glad the doc's went well, I really hope the gaviscon works! I can't believe how much your little guy weigh's already, I can't wait until our 1 month appt. to see how much Jack weighs!
@Tanasha, I'm sorry to hear little Esme has colic, what can they do about it? I've heard that makes life pretty rough, good luck!

AFM- Just got back from a visit to my sister's house, once again both boys are sleeping so its nap time for me!

ttc i know!!! i was so shocked!!! i hope he isnt too much of a chunky monkey!!!!
he has been soooo unsettled since dh came home, he just hasnt been to sleep in 5 hours now!!!! i hope this isnt a sign of things to come tonight!!!! he has been feeding every 2 hours today!!! sometimes takes 3.5oz sometimes just 1!! ahhh!! i cant keep up!!!!

tanasha is it worth trying infacol? i cant remember if u are bf or ff if ff i reccomend dr browns anti colic bottles, well they seem to be good with us anyway!!! i would maybe try one and see if it helps!!?? also i had an email about colic babies it says:
If your little one cries repeatedly for 2-3 hours and has a flushed face, clenched fists, and pulls their legs up to their chest, 15 minutes or so after feeding, they could have colic. If they’ve got any of these symptoms, you should make an appointment with your midwife or GP. Colic can occur any time in the first few weeks after birth but the good news is that it usually disappears by the time they're 3-4 months old.

No one really knows the exact cause of colic. It could be anything from swallowing too much air, causing their tiny tummies to fill up; to having an immature digestive system, making it harder to digest some parts of milk, like lactose, until their systems are mature; or they could be sensitive to the proteins in cows' milk. Any of these things or a combination of them may be the cause. To help soothe your colicky baby try cuddling, rocking or gently massaging their tummies in a clockwise direction.

lol charlie he is all over the place with his poo's!!!! one day loads other days none!!!
docs went well my lumps are just scar tissue they not gonna do anything with them unless they grow, become red or sore!! so woohoo!!!! i spoke to her about little man as well and she agrees its reflux and given him some baby gaviscon! hopefully that will work anyway!!
hmmmm whats sleep??? i am soooooo tired!!!! i got 30mitns last night he was so unsettled again just wanted to be held!! (we in same boat there dare!!!!) today has been mega busy i havent stopped!! by time got everything done and came back home i thought ahhh he has nearly 2 hours till next feed so thought i would sleep nope no chance i got 30mins then he decided he was hungry!! now dh home, well he has fallen asleep and daniel is unsettled :( i am exhausted and havent even managed to eat much!!! on the plus side we got him weighed, 12 days ago he was 9lbs 1.3oz, today he is 10lbs 3 oz!!! i am shocked how much he has gained!!!!

aww dare sounds a nightmare i would not be able to cope with pets!!!! hope your mum does as u ask her and doesnt fuss over the dog!!!!
i used to love doing photography too mainly of bands though!!!!

ahhhh i just looked over and daniel was asleep so was just hoping..... nope dh snoring has woken him up ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Glad that your lumps are just scar tissue! it should go down a bit over time i think? Can't remember too much about it. LOL if i were you i'd probably be playing with it all the time! i'm a fiddler.

And thanks nat she did alright with the dog. Better than normal. But not great. I mean she sat on the floor with him to keep him content. And honestly i just don't think we'll be able to keep him long- because of all his issues and the fact that all three of these animals are too overwhelming for me I just can't handle them. Baby is fine. Baby plus 3 nut job pets- NOT FINE.

Hi ladies,

I still have not had time to catch up!

Esmé has colic, so we are in for a rough few weeks! Im taking her to the chiripractor for the 1st time tomorrow, so hopefully that will help. Today she has been awake from 8 am and only fell asleep at 6.30 pm, so I am exhausted! Hopefully she will be so tired she will sleep loads tonight! Fingers crossed!

Hope all of you and bubbas are doing well, sorry for being so rubbish with keeping up with everyone!

So sorry about baby having colic! :( i know my cousin used the gripe water for that- said it helps.

@Dare- sorry your having dog troubles, I know my dog acts up whenever we have company, but I just put him outside. Luckily, my dog has gotten very calm in his old age and just likes to lay around alot. He knows when DH comes home, thats when he gets his exercise so he doesn't bother me much during the day.

AFM- Just got back from a visit to my sister's house, once again both boys are sleeping so its nap time for me!

i WISH i could put him outside. we don't have a yard! If i put him on the porch it's against rules and regs of the building he has to be WITH someone at all times on the porch. Sucks. I wish he was better but people fuss over him and encourage him to be bad. He's not like that with us. Just with people.

I wish ava was sleeping! so lucky! i can't nap unless i'm napping with her today- she won't let me put her down at all! i've had no time to me!

hahaha dare i dont notice them unless i poke about!!! :haha: glad she was better, its a improvement eh!!! hmmm i know sooooo many people that have had pets then had a baby the pets have gone a bit bonkers etc and theyve had to rehouse them!!! my friend at the min has a newborn and a cat that shes had for years the cat was all over her newborn and bit her, i mean if police here heard about a dog bitting a child the dog gets put down!!! i dont know if different for other pets etc but its just not worth the risk!!!
how old is Ava now? daniel is not sleeping well at all its a nightmare isnt it!!!!

ava is 9 days! She just always wants to be held!!! Love her still though :) and here they would go after the dog too! I'd throw the animal out so fast if it bit my kid!!!!

It sounds like we've been so lucky with pets - we have four cats and a black lab and haven't had a problem with any of them. I was warned to feel totallu different to them once babs made her arrival but so far (so far!!) That hasn't been the case. Still making sure to give them all cuddles in Bee's down time and they"ve all had a asniff but pretty much ignored her!

This time last week she was almost here! How mental. Timw goes too quick.....she's only a day old, right!?! Had mw check today and she's lost 75g so just dipped under 7lb...happy with that! Boobs must be working!

hye guys well things are going great jaundice levels are down and today she almost looks like different baby cause her skin is going back to normal. She is up to 6lbs 8 ounces so 1 ox past her birth weight. Which is freaking amazing as friday she was 5lbs 14ounces. Dr was amazed at how fast she gained weight... but thats my little porker for ya Im so so so so in love.

cannot wait for the OH to come home just 3 weeks anywhooo i took some photos of my lily bug today so here are some.

Attachments

• lillian grace 056.jpg
    lillian grace 056.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
  • lillian grace 055.jpg
    lillian grace 055.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
  • lillian grace 043.jpg
    lillian grace 043.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
  • lillian grace 041.jpg
    lillian grace 041.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
dare thats gone so quickly hasnt it!!! i've only had a couple of nights where he has settled in cot or moses basket the only way i can get him to sleep without being held is in his bouncer, but this evening we put him in it for at least 5 hours he didnt sleep, he has just had a feed so dh put him back in it and he is wide awake!!!!! ahhh!!!! i need him to sleep i am exhausted i was sat here on laptop earlier and just fell asleep while on here dh took laptop off me and let me get like 2 hours which was good but i feel like i need so much more!! knowing my luck if he does sleep he will do what he did last night sleep for 30mins and decide he is hungry again!!
yeah if i had pets and they were showing signs of biting or going for the baby they would be straight out i would rather they were rehoused than out down!! batty sounds like u have been lucky i know so many where their beloved pets had changed after there was a baby in house and they were no longer centre of attention!!!! thats fab batty only little dip!! daniel was 50g and thats being formula fed so well done u!!!
i still cant get over how much he weighs now!!! seems mad!!!! least will hopefully tone my arms up quickly and soon!!!!

Hello all! Sorry I've not been around… have hardly been near the computer since I've been on maternity leave, and then last night when I was all settled down for a BnB catch-up, we were plunged in to darkness with a power cut! :-(

So, it's finally my due date today! I still feel 100% fine though, not desperate to get him out or anything, which is unlike me as I'm so impatient!

Had a mini panic yesterday when the midwife thought he was breech & sent me for a scan… luckily she was wrong, phew!

He was back to back, so I've been going swimming which is meant to help, and it looks like it has as he's now in the perfect position for birth, yay!

The sonographer was also able to estimate his birth weight at 7lb 9oz.

So, now I just (continue to) play the waiting game. Absolutely no signs or twinges yet, no braxton hicks, no plug loss… so could be a while yet.

I'm meeting my NCT group today, and they've all had their babies, so maybe being surrounded by newborns will spur him on..??

Xx

happy due date sarahbella!! wow!! i was going mad at your stage wanting him out hahaha!!!

we've had a sicky morning so far!!! but his reflux wedge has turned up now so i put it in his cot and then put him down in cot after feed and fingers crossed he is asleep and happy in there!! fingers crossed anyway!!!!
i plan nothing today!!!! i am exhausted and seriously need to find a dress for sil's wedding next week!!!! i saw the most perfect dress but its not available for 7 weeks i am gutted was so perfect :( can anyone reccomend any dresses/ online shops???? i am getting desperate ive been through most of my normal shops with out finding anything!!!! damn being so fat!!!!!! and horrid spotty arms!!! did anyone else get spotty arms during pregnancy??

Oka... did anyone else here have to get cut during labor? its been 1 week since baby was born and I am more sore NOW then I was when I gave birth... they said to expect it to itch and burn and omg its soo sore I cant sit right because it hurts and I have meds for the pain which it knocks pain off for a while but I dont want to cover the pain and then run outta my pain meds as I dont havea refill.

And if you did get cut how log did it take to heal

Oka... did anyone else here have to get cut during labor? its been 1 week since baby was born and I am more sore NOW then I was when I gave birth... they said to expect it to itch and burn and omg its soo sore I cant sit right because it hurts and I have meds for the pain which it knocks pain off for a while but I dont want to cover the pain and then run outta my pain meds as I dont havea refill.

And if you did get cut how log did it take to heal

I think i might cry after reading this i got cut twice during labor and im only 3 days into my recovery i hope you start feeling better soon :flower:

everyones different miss so hopefully you will heal face, its just soo uncomforatble but it also may be my fault as I have been active since I ve been home. with OH being gone I have to do everyting myself with no help

havnet really had a real day to rest as Ive had to go to hospital everyday since we got discharged for her jaundice testing but luckily went to dr yesterday and they said she is doing wonderful so no more dr appts till next week. So hoping maybe me resting today will help.

My little angel wll be exactly 1 week old at 2:04 pm today omg i cannot believe its been a week i think she is fixing to have a mini growth spurt as she spelt more last night and this morning then normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->