3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Krystal - is your cut fully healed yet or does it still feel sore/not healed? I have no idea how long it takes to heal hence why I'm asking :) I've heard a lot of ladies who've been cut say to use a lot of lube for the first few times and to go slow! Oh and try not to be nervous.... relax as mucha s you can :)

And thank you :) He's too clever for his own good sometimes which worries me cause he's starting to outsmart me on things and he's only 10 months :haha: I have to say I love seeing everyone's baby pics on FB!! It's amazing how much some of them have changed since the birth photos to now! :) and I can't believe how cute all of the midsummer babies are!!!!! You should all be sooooooo proud of them :D

im also very nervous about dtd for the 1st time again! I still feel my cut even though it looks completely healed. It feels very tight though!

@charlie- thanks hun- he FINALLY got them last night. antibiotics are working great- i'm doing really well. almost back to my old self! Glad you got to stay with in-laws so that you had help! so glad he passed the tests!!!! awesome news! And your henry sounds like ava! moving along fast!!! She is also smiling and trying to roll around :)

@sequeena- i hear you!!!!

afm- i haven't even thought about dtd anytime soon. I'm still bleeding- anyone else? please tell me someone else so i'm not the only one. It's not heavy but it's still there. nothing feels tight down there! i feel loose! ugh. gross.

Ava seems to be in her 2 week growth spurt. she ate every half hour all day until about 8ish. she went to sleep at midnight- up at 4 am, then eating every 1-2 hours since 530.

And with the antibiotic- i have to take it either 2-3 hours post meal or 1 hour prior to. Which is a pain in the ass. I feel more like me again- but am tired. Going to run to the dollar store today (to get out!) if she stays quiet. But if she starts eating like yesterday- i'm going to have to make dh go. i like to get the paper so we have coupons- and know where to shop for the week so we can save some cash.

OH dh got promoted on friday :) so that means some more money our way which makes me feel tons better about cash! scary sometimes. Especially since i have nothing coming in anymore. I've been working hard since i was 17 - had my own income and savings and so forth, so having that not changing and having income on my part drives me nuts.

Baby has ped appt on wednesday for the repeat of the pku- mom is coming with me (thank goodness). I can't handle that trip myself yet. I am kind of ashamed of not being able to go out, but i'm just not ready yet.

dare I am still bleeding... its a tease some days its non existant and then it comes back. I notice if I am just sitting at home doing nothing its pretty light but if I am active and out n about it comes out more. Buts its not heavy just light-med. Im ready for it stop though I hate having periods and having a constant bleed like this sucks as the pads are irritating my upper bum :( TMI I know but its givin my but zits haha....

things are going good. will update more in just a sec. haha

I am so worried about tomorrow!!! I haven't been able to look after lo at all today with the pain, the painkillers are now doing nothing at all!!! :( dh is back at work tomorrow I really don't know how I am going to cope I've been in tears most of day :(

Dare - I'm bleeding still too. A lot like Mal I'm javing days of nothing, then some pink and some bright red back to nothing. Still wearing disposable pants just in case. Can't wait for it to stop!! Glad to hear the antibiotics are working and you're feelingmore yoursef but sorry that you've hit a growth spirt. Ava sounds like a monster feeder anyway so I can't imagine how hard you are finding it!

Charlie - woohoo, so glad Steve passed his exams. And go you supermum with the two boys....can't believe Stephen is walking now. To think he was only a couple of months old when this thread was started!

Nat - hope the infection gets better and you find your meds soon!!

All you crazy ladies thinking of dtd. Paul can stay away from me at the moment....I'm so sore at the moment and I think I've either got an infection or thrush. It's so painful too and my stitches don't feel right.

AFM - I've done it - we NIP'd for the first time....I feel very proud.

On Friday I went to a pub with some of the ladies from my NCT classes and at some point we all had to breastfeed. No one said anything and in fact just got a smile from an elderly couple. I know it helped that there were six of us but I was still proud.

Then yesterday I took Bee to her first football match and had to give her a feed on the terrace while the game was going on and again in the clubhouse after the game. I felt so proud that I'd done it, as I know I would have ended up being more and more apprehensive of it!

Oh - and Bee is awesome...latched on perfectly, fed like a dream and fell fast asleep after!

nat! I'm so sorry hun! Hope you will feel better soon and in time for tomorrow!!!!! Don't stress too much it might make you worse off! Though I'd be the same!

batty- so proud of you! Don't know if I could feed in public! And how are you ok going out and about already? Is there something wrong with me since I can't yet? :(

Batty - might sound a bit stupid but what's NIP'd?? lol And go you for taking Bee to the footie match! What did you do about it being loud? Steve wants to take Stephen but he's too worried about the noise levels. And I could never BF in public... when the midwife asked me to BF him to do his heel test etc I was like nah he'll be fine lol - it's sad that women get so self-conscious about something so natural! So, it must of been a relief to have reassurance when doing it :) Bet you have the confidence to just whip them out now :haha:

I know tell me about it! He was so young when we all first started talking and now he's nearly a year old :( It's sad in a way cause he's growing so quickly but at the same time the age he's at is hilarious! The stuff he does just makes me laugh all day (apart from the hitting people in their faces phase!) and his personality is really starting to come out! :) But then to think we've all got our babies now is a bit surreal sometimes too! Time flys by!!!

Natalie - I'm really hoping you'll feel better tomorrow! :( Is there no way he can look after Daniel tonight (even though he has work tomorrow) just so you have a chance to recover for tomorrow? I know he has to work but one night's disturbed sleep so you can get better will be worth it in the long run :( And if you are still ill tomorrow - cause he's so young you should really try and sleep when he does and just chill out! If it means not moving from the sofa all day (apart from nappy changes/bottles) then do it! :)

Dare - Congrats to your hubby on his promotion! :D More money coming in is def a bonus now with Ava hey?! :) Why does she need a repeat PKU?

ooh and I stopped bleeding but then on Friday I was in agony and it started up again and got really heavy! I was literally popping paracetamol when I could cause it hurt so much! But then I passed two big clots and it's stopped again! Midwife said that's normal - the uterus will do what it needs to do to get rid of anything it needs too!

nat! I'm so sorry hun! Hope you will feel better soon and in time for tomorrow!!!!! Don't stress too much it might make you worse off! Though I'd be the same!

batty- so proud of you! Don't know if I could feed in public! And how are you ok going out and about already? Is there something wrong with me since I can't yet? :(

I don't think there's anything wrong with you, but if the thought of going out literally terrifies you or it's so bad that you don't ever leave then that is a problem. Apparently that's one sign of PND - which is why it's a good to make sure you get out every chance you get :)

Dare - NO, there is nothing wrong. Babs feeds hourly every so often but usually in the evening so I know in general I get a couple of hours to do what I want, plus she's only fussy if she needs a feed and I'm now quite happy to get it out! Plus, I bit the bullet early on and got out when she was only three days old and have tried to get out almost every day.....I don't think I could have managed it with a monster feeder like Ava. Plus...with my ME and EDS I'm used to pain so have tried not to let it slow me down.

I'm now furious though....dad just realised there is actually a HUGE chunk out of the side of my car. Some ****** has crashed into my car and driven off leaving me with a screwed up door. Brilliant - that's going to be £500-1000 to fork out now (my excess on insurance is silly after I rolled my car on icy road last year)

Thank u all so much!!!! I couldn't believe it when doc said could take 2-3weeks for swelling to go down!!! The deafness doesn't bother me it's just the pain most of time it's a constant pain but then u get shooty pains that are just amazing I'm really hoping that the antibiotics kick in a bit by morning I'm just praying that my little man doesn't get it!!!! Charlie I think he will do the nightshift he knows how bad it is he also knows how deaf I am!!! He has to shout so I can hear him!!!

Batty well done u!!! I'm guessing nip means nipples in public or something!?! That's fab so happy for u!!! That's awful about your car!!! It's things like that that make me wanna have some sort of CCTV outside!!! I'm sorry I can't remember what ME and EDS is?

Dare congratulations on your hubby's promotion that's awesome news!!!!! I can imagine it being overwhelming for u to go out esp way Ava is feeding I could never bf in public!!! Have u thought if expressing some and seeing if she will take it from a bottle so u can go out and about with her without worrying about having to bf in public? My friend struggled sooooo bad as her baby won't take bottles at all and she could never ever bf in public so she couldn't go far and if she got stuck she would do it in her car which is all tinted windows so no one could see in!!!
Charlie wow Stephen is walking!! Wow he is growing up so quickly!!! I can't wait to meet him and have a punch in face hehe!!!! What's his personality like? Does he take after u or steve? He has such a gorgeous cheeky face!!! Looks so much like u!!!! Henry gorgeous too!! Need to see some more pics of him!!!!

Oh dtd.... Thought hasn't even crossed my mind if I'm honest!!!!! Any time we get when daniel is asleep is time for us to eat,tidy sleep bath etc!!!! Or just to have quiet time and just chat!!! We have to make sure we talk cos I have a habit of shutting down and not talking esp about feelings that's one thing after my mum and depression I have never Been able to erm fix I'm very emotionally shut down!! I can write my feelings down (like when I'm on here(even more so cos I never feel Like u ladies judge me etc)) but I do still struggle with that!!!
Hope I haven't missed anything!! Can't get on laptop I have a daniel fast asleep on me :)

need to vent real fast ladies... Went out to store for like 15 min tops- dh stayed with ava. I get home she's wailing (hungry again surprise) and he's almost ripping his hair out. I say How long she been crying? He says 5 minutes. 5 minutes and he looked insane. Hetells her sternly to stop it when she's crying. Only holds her when on the computer or laying down. Never talks/sings to her and I told him he had to. Doesn't. She's already starting to cry when he holds her just because she wants me!!!! She's so young for that.

then he wanted to see her at tummy time. Finally he was ready. He wanted to put batteries in it- he got mad because a screw was striped (came like that apparently ) and he blamed me first. I didn't put batteries in it because she's too young to enjoy the top half. And- they'll probably die in there before she gets to. Then it's not even the battery compartment.

then it's together, on the floor she's in it... He took like 3 phone photos (to show off no doubt) then reads a baby bjorn booklet. Not even watching her! Why did I have to wait for that???? She was ready hours before and wide awake then. Now she was a bit tired so she cried a lot. And he's reading the book and I had to move her because he was about to hit her in the eye. Seriously? Pay attention to your damn kid! I feel a bit down right now.

he changed her diaper right after I did- I put cream on her because it was very red. Think she's having a reaction to the aloe (im allergic) in the diaper- no more of those- and he changed her and put a new one on and didn't put more cream on. She pooped a few mintues later- and she was all red again because he put another aloe diaper on her and didn't use cream. At all. Then he kept trying to put the lid back on the cream while I was using it!!!!!! So mad!!!!

Oh Charlie I had massive clots scared me I was like ahhhh what is that!!!??? I panicked hahaha
My bleeding has virtually stopped now although I darent not wear any pads incase!!! I still have a little when been very active!! I'm wondering how long will be Till get a period??

Awwww dare!!!! I know someone in the exact same position as u!! Her baby will scream murder if her hubby or anyone else for that matter holds her!!! She has no relationship with her daddy and never has done well since a week old She is now like 16weeks old if he doesn't persever with her and stay calm etc he will have no relationship with her!!!!

Just a thought dare he might feel a bit helpless not being able to feed her so if u were to try expressing he could do some feeds and hopefully be able to bond with her through that!?!

Nat - he's got a bit of both really... he's got my moodiness :haha: but the rest is pure Steve! He's such a Daddy's boy it's unreal! But he's so cheeky with it and he knows how to get round you cause he's got this smile that you're just like oooooh ok you're forgiven for being naughty lol :)

And glad he's doing the night shift :) Should give your body the rest it probably needs! Your body's been through a lot of stress in teh last few weeks/months - pregnancy, c-section, then running around after a newborn, so it's not surprising you're not too well :( And I hope Daniel doesn't catch it too!

Oh and the massive clots - my god did you get major period type pains? They're like contractions lol! And how disgusting do they look :haha:

Dare - Have you spoken to him about how he's irritating you? I've got the opposite problem - steve won't let me do ANYTHING! Everytime I go to do a bottle or change him (or Stephen) he's like NO i'll do it :dohh: If he's getting stressed now he's going to be even worse when she's throwing diva strops and when she's old enough to throw tantrums etc. With the doing things wrong you do have to be careful..... men tend to get a bit upset if you keep telling them they're doing it wrong.... so I'm not quite sure how to approach that - I usually just ask him 'oh did you put the cream on?' so it's not so aggressive or making him feel bad :shrug: I would def have a word though or he's just a) gonna get worse or b) he won't realise he's acting in a way that you're unhappy with.

Also need your opinion ladies - what do you think of this dress? https://www.dorothyperkins.com/weba...d=212426&parent_categoryId=208648&pageSize=20

I have a wedding to go to in a couple of weeks and I need something that's flattering...and nice. My belly has gone down A LOT but obviously it's still a jelly belly but do you think it's gonna look ok with a bit of a belly?

nat- first off right after birth I passed a clot the size of a small octopus. Horrified. Lol. And I'm still bleeding esp after feeding (so... Seems like a lot this weekend that's to chubs mackenzie) and I know- when I just walked the dog- she started screaming when I left and screamed the whole time. But when I take her back even when she's hungry she settles down a bit because I talk to her and kiss her until I'm set up. She responds to love. He sits there angry and doesn't try to soothe.

charlie- I agree- he gets angry if you say don't do this. So I do it the same way. Like I had to say "oh I think WE are putting her diapers on to tight." to get him not to squeeze her body. And I ask how her bum looks because I had to put tons of cream on (clearing up pretty well). I try to talk to him to get him more involved but... I feel as though he does it for a day and goes right back. I worry he wasn't really ready for this. Sometimes- he's such a child. I was ready. And I know it holding her and seeing her. Even in the middle of the night I hate getting up and I'll mumble and grunt and get up and hold her... And it's gone. I love her. He just gets frustrated and he's not up feeding/changing all day and night. I feel 26 for him... Was too young. That saddens me because I want the world for her. She deserves tons of love from both of us. Not just me. :(

and the dress isn't my style and I don't like red- but- I don't think anyone would be looking at your belly. I know what you mean but girl you've had two babies and look good! Strut your stuff! (and I have jelly belly too. And I can't get my butt in my pre-pregnancy pants!!!!! :( )

I'll reply quickly in min but Charlie great minds think alike I've got a wedding on Friday and I've been looking at same style dress: https://www.next.co.uk/x482222s1 I love this one but in my size it's out of stock and no where online or shops have it!!! So I am trying it in a diff colour!!!! I have to say I've ordered LOADS of dresses online to see what fits and what style suits and how they look!!!

oh someone asked why ava needs another pku? Forgot to answer- they do one in the hosp and the ped does another one- now that she's on the milk they say it can alter the test :shrug: sounds ridiculous to me. Poor ava.

and they said I shouldn't express and feed her yet because it could cause nipple confusion. They suggest doing it after 6 weeks at the earliest.

Haha Charlie hubby said he hopes he doesn't get my moods and attitude and hopes he takes after him (he is pretty laid back!!!)
And oh yes I had pain passing that final clot!!! It was sooooo huge that I wondered if I should call up l&d!!!!! Lol I remember when they took my pee bag out they said I had to go wee in these bowler hat style pots I looked in it after first wee and there was a huge clot floating in it i sat there for ages wondering if I should take it out in case they would make me stay in longer haha!!!!
What's puk???
Yeah I do the we tactic and make out I'm asking his opinion if doing stuff right!!! Otherwise he won't do stuff and gets frustrated and upset If he's done it wrong!!!
Oh really hmmm that's a shame u can't express then :( I don't know if advice here is any different :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->