3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

I loved C&W, they were amazing with me. I actually moved there because Queen Charlotte's were not looking after me as well as I thought they should (at 20ish weeks). It is really supportive, and if you have a low risk pregnancy they have a lovely birthing centre (I didnt, but stayed in one of the rooms one night). I would of gone there again, but I moved, I lived in Hounslow which meant the Piccadily line right there, it was quite a long journey still but worth it, but it would be a pain to get to, and as two of my .

I agree about travelling further, I have done and am, but again it is worth it. Brentford is near Chiswick, maybe you heard of that?

Yep heard of Chiswick :)

I have found them nice there too. I'm scared of needles but they were so nice and considerate instead of rushing me to get the blood tests done.

My mum goes to the local hospital for her illness and they are just so shoddy there! Hubby and I agreed to just get in the car and drive to C&W when the time comes. He has also mentioned staying in a hotel but I cant see that happening.

I'm glad you had a good experience there... I had to really think about what I wanted when I picked it. I plan on going for a tour towards the end so I can get a peek at the centre.

Ahh well it is the next part of the Hounslow borough to Chiswick.

I am really glad they are supportive with your phobia. I was seen three times a week in that pregnancy, so saw quite a few women with the same phobia, it isnt uncommon, so you are not alone :hugs:

I am sorry your Mum is getting shoddy care, push for better care sweetie, maybe use PALS if she or you feel they are not listening.

It is a huge decision deciding where to go because it is a life changing journey, and yours and the baby's care is massively important.

They have a car park underneath which was actually empty when we needed it (middle of the day), I think hardly anyone uses it because of public transport is good.

The tours are weekly (or were in 2008), but Queen Charlottes isnt running any atm because of swine flu, so hopefully C&W is, or will be when you want a tour.

I'm going to drop off my application for my passport today! We live in Canada and are flying to the USA for a few weeks to California for vacation. It's the first time I've been out of the country so I didn't have a passport before. I followed all the steps so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is nothing wrong with my application and it doesn't get denied for some reason!

Wish me luck! :D

I'm a bit of a wuss and my hubby does worry about how I will cope with the birth. But strangely as time passes I feel better and more confident... I think I picture myself being calm, cool and collected...:rofl:

I think they are doing the tours because they mentioned it when I was there.

I'm going to drop off my application for my passport today! We live in Canada and are flying to the USA for a few weeks to California for vacation. It's the first time I've been out of the country so I didn't have a passport before. I followed all the steps so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is nothing wrong with my application and it doesn't get denied for some reason!

Wish me luck! :D

Good luckkk! im sure it wont get denied :) x

Hey girlies! OK coz the mods have changed the rules on siggys I have reduced the size of the Midsummer Dreamers Logo. Sorry about anyones who has shrunk loads already, i was messing about with sizes on the site i used and i didnt create a copy so it saved the old one as tinnyyyy so here is the new one.....

https://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7619/beachbabysmall.jpg

so if you want it the code is:

https://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7619/beachbabysmall.jpg[/IMG*][/URL] - you just need to copy and paste this and remove the * from [/IMG*] to make the pic work :)

il post this on the 1st tri one too xx

Hi everyone one, Sequeena hope everything is ok. I'm glad to hear that you feel better today.

Does anyone know if they take blood when you go for your 20 week scan?

No next set of bloods 28 weeks although my midwife said go week before so they have the results to go through at the 28week appointment!

Thanks - Thats the GTT one isnt it?

I am so cold and it's raining here in London :( I can't wait for Spring to get here!

GTT if you need it and a few others I got to have a few done that were missed from the 12week!

I'm cold to soooo yukky out there!! Better than snow tho!!!

I'm having the GTT as my dad has diabetes and so does my mother in law.

I just met my friend and her baby for lunch… Nando’s :) So nicely full now.

She was also kind enough to lend me 5 of her baby books... Lots of reading!

Good morning ladies! I start my new (old) job today! I am excited! I got to let my mom and DH hear baby with the Doppler last night! Hb was from 155-165 but I'm still convinced it's a boy! ... It is so awesome and reassuring to be able to just listen to it! I found it this morning a couple times for a few second but I think baby was getting annoyed at my prodding and moving away haha :)

Welcome Tasha!!

Sequeena I am still waiting to hear how you are! Thinking and praying for you and baby!

It snowed 3" here last night that is a WHOLE lot for here but the kids all had to go to school bc they used up all the snow days when we had ice! It is still beautiful out!

Do you have to wait around for an hour aswell? I have to change my day off at work for it I think as I don't have a letter confirming the gtt!
What books have u got? I've only got the day by day pregnancy book, modern girls guide, and yummy mummy survival guide!
Good luck at your new old job love krystal does that mean no more 3am starts?? Glad u got your doppler Id like one so dh can hear but I would worry if I couldn't find it :-s I'm wondering if at the 20week scan u hear the heartbeat?

I've been told to fast for two hours before the time. and then an hour before I must drink lucozade (within a few mins - not take my time and sip). After an hour they take your blood. I think I have a pm appt so i will just get the afternoon off work. They dont take it from my annual leave as by law they should give us that time off.

I have a 12hr overnight fast my appointment 9am, then have blood taken given sugary drink wait around and have another sample taken!
My work place so funny about people having time off, I have to have a letter to prove it!! So annoying! I had to have a second 12week scan for the downs as baby was naughty and they couldn't take measurements so they phoned up to give me emergency appointment jeeez my workplace kicked up a stink saying I needed a letter same as when I was off sick this was before the 12 week (I told work early cos needed rick assessment) they wanted a letter to confirm it was pregnancy related!! Sorry rant over hahaha

oh btw- on the front page it says all names in green are on team yellow---- i'm still team yellow, and what does the purple font mean? most people are all on that.

Ahh thats terrible! I was told that they would accommodate any appts and if I can try and keep it to minimum interference (as in take early or late appts).

I wasnt told that they would take blood twice. Just the once after the lucozade to see how my body has processed it. I should call and check with them really.

I'm sure that's what midwife said.... My memory is bad all I can remember is that Im hungry!!!
Yeah never work for a supermarket that's all I can say :0(

I was told yesterday to keep a record of everything I do for my replacement... Lol I thought how many times should list Babyandbump?

Hahaha excellent!!! Hmmm to add baby and bump, replace with facebook for the non expectant mummy!!! One lady already trained up on my job, I do wonder if tryin o get rid of me hahaha

They cant get rid you off just like that! When are you starting your mat leave?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->