3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Well I didnt get to have chicken and rice last night. Went to visit family friends and they fed me so many snacks I just couldnt handle dinner afterwards! Woke up starving though...

As for the sex - well he just has to know then! I think I have more power... muwahaha!

Samira: It's so rare it doesn't have a name, it's just referred to by the location of the duplicated section of the chromosome! Findlay is 21 months old but he has severely delayed development along with a variety of medical problems and we have no idea what the future holds for him (I've got a parenting journal in my sig if you want to have a look).

The chromosome abnormality can't be detected through scans, we can have an amnio carried out later in the pregnancy and then a specific genetic test done on the sample to look for it (as standard amnio only looks for the common chromosome disorders) but even if that came back clear the baby would still have to have genetic tests done at birth to confirm it as with the rare abnormalities the amnios don't always pick them up even when they are looking specifically for them.
Of course if the amnio did come back confirming that the baby did have the same abnormality then we'd have to sit down and discuss it with the geneticist etc and decide what would be in the baby's best interests.

For those that are finding out the sex: When you find out will you be telling everyone, just telling close family or will you be keeping it a secret?

Hi all, well im still here thank god had my scan last tuesday and they put my due date forward to 29th July baby is well and has a strong heartbeat:thumbup:, having another scan on the 8th Feb to check that all is still well. Im getting a bit anxious now as around 16-17 weeks is when my last preganacy ended last July:nope:! But saying that i feel so much worse this time and still have all my symptoms when i didnt last time, so im taking that as all is well!!:happydance: xxx

Heyy TTC82 – welcome and congrats! How do you know its 100% boy? I had my scan at 12 weeks and was put forward 12+4 and she said she was pretty sure it was a boy but not to take her word till the 20 week gender scan! ( i was naughty and bought some boy bits hehe)

Hello to all newbies! Great to see lots of 1st tri’s dropping in hehe! So many summer babies!!!! So many familiar faces it doesn’t make 2nd tri seem so scary any more hehe!

Heyyyy SiBelle!!! Nice to see you too!!! Feels like ive lost so many girlies since they moved the other thread to discussions!

Michelle im 100% finding out! I cant not! Luckily my OH feels the same! Ive got a friend who is a week behind me and she wants to find out and her OH doesn’t so they cant i guess! It would be impossible for one to find out and the other not to!!

Ooooh and heyyy emk10 and dolcebella and krystal!!! Great to see you over here now too!!!! Right il update the front thread with all our new dates :D

How is everyone feeling today! I had the worst night last night! My MIL made a thai green curry for dinner and i don’t think bean liked it! Half way through dinner i rushed from the table to bring it all back up!!! And then i thought i felt fine so i went back and tried the other half! But nooooooooo bean wouldn’t have it! I was then rolling and churning in bed being sick every 5 mins and feeling faint and just awful in general!!! So.....i will not be touching thai green curry again!!!!!!!! I still feel awful this morning but i braved work! You would think at 14 weeks the sickness would vanish..nooooooooooooooo! xxxx

I have weekly scans due to some issues, and they are very detailed, its incredible how much you can see. Anyway, Dr said she was minimum 90% sure it was a boy and that she would be amazed if it was now a girl! Then showed us a snap where it was very obviously a willy between his legs!

hi im Carrie another snooper from first tri will be moving very soon. im due aug 3rd and will be staying team yellow.....unless i crack by my next scan march 14th,my oh realy wants to find out and cant get his head round that i dont. this is my first and ive now become totally obbsessed with babies, pregnancy and all that goes with it :)

well I have finally gotten computer access to upload my first scan pic! I posted it in the first Tri Midsummer Dreamers Thread but its pretty much dead so I thought I'd post it here too! ...

It is "old" haha It was from 6wks6 days, of course its been a while since I am 12 weeks 3 days now! But its the first time Ive been on a computer I could post it from & I still wanted to share :) It was a really clear pic even though there wasnt much to see! (this is a pic of the pic though!) The angle this pic was taken at made the yolk sac look like a heart :) Boy was I in LOVE too :) Cant wait to see the baby again! hopefully in the next few weeks!!!

Here is the little grizzly bear that lives in my belly & uses my bladder as a trampoline!:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/krysykat77/HPT/photo-11.jpg

So i had my scan, but it went so quick! But the risk of downs is very low.

I have another scan on Thursday at the university. They are looking for pregnant women for students to practice on, so i saw it as a free scan!

Attachments

• IMG-20110125-00062.jpg
    IMG-20110125-00062.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
Oh wow Lisa thats fab!!! And thank god you didn’t have to go down the ivf route!!! I was always scared of that when me and OH were trying as we were told our chances were pretty slim and IVF seemed so scary!

Ahh Yasmin sorry you didn’t get the dinner you wanted !i bought some tuna for work so I can now make myself tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches at lunch time! I also slipped and got some digestive biccies too nom nom nom!

Oh lottie im so sorry to hear that i will deffo look at your journal now! Im sure its going to make me sob! I really hope and pray that this little one doesn’t have the abnormality! BabyBoyle on here is in a similar situation to you, she has found out her little baba has Turners Syndrome which is a chromosome problem, i don’t know the ins and outs but might be good to chat?

As for your other question hun, il be telling everyone the sex but im keeping the name a surprise till baba is born! My mum is going to try and get it out of me but il try to be strong hehe! What about you hun? X

Welcome Mumof twoboys :D congrats on a good scan! Im so sorry to hear about your last pregnancy! Its such a shocker when you hear stories like that as we all think we are in the safe zone after 12 weeks but were not! Did they give you reasoning as to why it happened? But woooo to next baba :D so glad your symptoms are different this time :D

And welcome carrie too! Ahh tell me about it ive become obsessed too! And i don’t know if anyone else has found this – on facebook i now talk to a lot of girls i never really used to talk to (ie. Ppl from school i knew but didn’t really hang about with etc!) because they are pregs or recently have had kids lol!

Awww Love_Krystal! Thank you so much for posting your scan pic! Its so amazing! Takes me back to when i had my 7 week scan done! Seems like forever ago but it was only 2 months ago!!!! So haven’t you had 12 week scan yet?!!!

And TaNasha congrats on your scan! Its amazing! And your so lucky to see your baba again!!!! I want to be practiced on hehehe! Im going to look into ultrasound training in Bournemouth see if they need any volunteers!!!!! I could watch my bean allllll day!!!!! xxxx

My goodness lottie ive just read your journal! You are one strong lady!!! you truly are amazing doing what you do for Finlay! hes is a gorgeous little boy and he has the best mother to be caring for him! Absolutly amazing! xx

Samira, I am in the US, I only get a dating scan between 7-9 weeks & an anatomy scan between 18-20 weeks. I think I could have the nuchal testing but I don't know if INS covers it, it wasn't offered to me and I think they just do a blood test between 14 & 16 weeks to test for abnormalities.. Private scans are unavailable til at least 16 weeks but usually after 20 weeks. I do have friends who can scan me that work at the hospital I am depending on that to find out sex early! I have to drive 2 hours though! There is also a college that does it for free. But I am sure it's during the day and dh & momma ccouldnt be with me and I Want to make sure they are included ESP DH :)

So this is where you're all hiding..... :D
Due date is 27th July- we don't mind what we have, but we are DEFINITELY going to find out the sex of our bubba. We have no patience at all! We had a feeling from the start that it would be a girl but after the most recent scans, EVERYONE who has seen it without exception, said they think it's a boy! We'll have to wait and see on 9th March!

I just wanted to say to BabyBoyle- for some reason, I wasn't allowed to post in your thread (the site kept logging me out!?). I read every post in the thread though, and I did try and reply. Just wanted to say that your strength has been amazing throughout the whole process, and Madison will be one lucky little girl to have you as a mummy :)

Hi

I wasn't around on the other thread you mentioned but I thought I'd come and introduce myself :)

I'm Rachel living in the UK and I'm due on the 26th July. Still debating whether or not to find out the gender. I'm 21 and my partner is 25, this LO came as a bit of a surprise to us so we have a lot of planning to do :)

friday and i will be over here in 2nd tri!! (July 29th) can't wait to rejoin this thread :)

I have my scan at the university today! They it will take about 30-45 mins! Woohoo!

Owwww love_krystal yea i did look online didnt find very much! Even at the scan colleges down here you have to pay!!!!! Rip off lol!

Heyy waitin4astork!!!! So happy your here!! So weve don’t TTC, 1st tri and now in 2nd tri!!! Bnb graduates at its best! Had bad news today – babyhopes got her bfp after 2 years and she thinks shes MC’d now shes bleeding really heavily  goin to hospital today to confirm so sad for her!

Heyy Geek!! Welcome and congrats :D and babbs welcome back again hehe! Lets hope we have as many as last time!!!!

TaNasha your so lucky!!!!!!!!! Id kill to see my baba again!!!!!!! 5 more weeks to go zzzzzzzzzz!

I managed to get the next best thing last night! My best friend has just given birth to a gorgeous baby boy and she had a Doppler which she has kindly lent to me for the duration of my pregnancy wooooooooo! Me and Chris had a listen together last night and it was beautiful! Ive already heard it before when went to midwife with tummy pain scare but he hasn’t heard it yet so to listen together was amazing! Had a lovely beat of 145ish beats p min it kept changing but that was appx! Goddam placenta was making a racket though behind it but what can you do LOL! xx

Hi all

I am in the UK. I am 38 and my husband is 39. It didn't take us too long, 3 months. My first baby is due July 18th (though have also been told 17th!).

I want to find out whether I'm team pink or blue :)

Good morning ladies (well its morning here), I have a snow day today!!! Perfect opportunity to take all my skinny clothes out of my closet and pack them away (I feel like they're taunting me). I hope everyone has a good day, I think me and DS might have to build a snowman and have some hot chocolate!

Love_Krystal, is today your auction? Good luck, I'll be thinking about you!

Samira- I'm jealous of the doppler, DH said its a huge waste of money, so I won't be getting one!

I bought a doppler a few weeks ago, but I can only find my won hb and some other random noises :-(

Good morning ladies (well its morning here), I have a snow day today!!! Perfect opportunity to take all my skinny clothes out of my closet and pack them away (I feel like they're taunting me). I hope everyone has a good day, I think me and DS might have to build a snowman and have some hot chocolate!

Love_Krystal, is today your auction? Good luck, I'll be thinking about you!

Samira- I'm jealous of the doppler, DH said its a huge waste of money, so I won't be getting one!

SNOW!! where are you! we have about 2degrees temp here but no snow! which is a good thing i guess coz the UK comes to a big fat halt when snow is involved! bring on the summer for sunshine!!! and skirts and flipflops!!!! and babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh you should get one hun! you can hire them for 10er a month too! i wish i could afford one of my own but we are saving like mad and thankfully she had one waiting for me :D i think yuo can get ones called angel sound dopplers for £15 on amazon and also theres threads on bnb somewhere where ppl sell 2nd hand bits n bobs? or you could get one on ebay? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->