3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

I bought a doppler a few weeks ago, but I can only find my won hb and some other random noises :-(

Yea the whooshing noise is the placenta i think where are you looking? i have to go really low down just above pubic area and push down quite hard! also go slowly in each spot as can take a while to get on there! xx

Hi all

I am in the UK. I am 38 and my husband is 39. It didn't take us too long, 3 months. My first baby is due July 18th (though have also been told 17th!).

I want to find out whether I'm team pink or blue :)

Hiiii welcome hunni! congratsd :D xxx

We're saving like mad too... I wanted a doppler but I just keep thinking that the money could be used on babygros and nappies. My husband is retraining at the moment so for a few months things will be tight :(

I'm lucky my sister has kept some baby things for me. She's also helping me out with childcare when I have to go back to work. My friends pay £950 per month for day care! It just wouldn't be worthwhile working if I had to pay that out.

I live in the US, on the East Coast. I just love the snow, it makes everything look so pretty. I hate driving in it, but since I'm a teacher, school is usually canceled if its bad so I can just stay home.

We're saving like mad too... I wanted a doppler but I just keep thinking that the money could be used on babygros and nappies. My husband is retraining at the moment so for a few months things will be tight :(

I'm lucky my sister has kept some baby things for me. She's also helping me out with childcare when I have to go back to work. My friends pay £950 per month for day care! It just wouldn't be worthwhile working if I had to pay that out.

Yea im quite lucky with freebees too! the tenants at our house have a 7 month baby boy and they are moving to canada when they leave and we move back in they said they will leave any baby stuff they dont want behind! on top of that my best friend has just had a baby boy a couple days ago ( HE IS GAAWWWJUS!!) so she will have lots of bits n bobs that he has outgrown! and then got the mothers who buy loads and another friend of mine has told me she will be holding a babyshower for me - which i was a bit jubious about but i think il take her up on it but only ask for small things between £5-£20! i went to a baby shower once and on her list of things were going upto £150!!!!!

My OH is self emplyed so for him to be able to have 2 weeks or so for paternity will be rather costly for us so we need to save for them 2 weeks to be able to eat haha! xx

Aww I wont have a baby shower... I lost touch with a lot of my friends (some I chose to!) I dont feel as though I have any close friends anymore. My bestest friend is busy with her own family and her in laws are rather more traditional (asian descent) and she hardly gets time to meet me :(

Hi all :)
can't wait to join you here, feel ready to leave first tri now i've had my scan!
scan pic is in my sig, all is well and baby waved at us, amazing!

Oh I just had an email from pampers... for anyone thinking about going to the London Excel baby show, you can save some money on tickets...

Exclusive Ticket Offer
Join us at The Baby Show ExCeL, London for just £11.50 saving £8.50* against the on-the-door ticket price. Simply quote EX29 when booking. And don’t forget, Kids 0-10 GO FREE. Book today at The Baby Show website or call 0871 231 0844**

*Offer relates to advance ticket sales only. The Advanced Ticket Box Office closes 16 February 2011.
**Calls cost 10 pence per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other networks, or mobiles may vary.

Ahh sorry to hear that yasmin! Im quite lucky i grew up with my 2 best mates at school and one of them has just had her 1st child and the other is a week behind me in pregnancy!!! Ppl all say we planned it but we didn’t haha! All our kids will be in same year bless em! I wudnt worry though hun you will meet soooo many more ppl through being pregnant at antenatal classes and also when you are pregnant!

Im not sure about the baby show! Its a bit far for me....well 2 hours or so! Plus i know il spend if im there so its a bad idea hehe!

Hi Emily!!! Join in now! You don’t need to stay at 1st tri ne more :pP! Congrats on scan too :D pic is fab xx

Hi all :)
can't wait to join you here, feel ready to leave first tri now i've had my scan!
scan pic is in my sig, all is well and baby waved at us, amazing!

hun what date are you so i can add you to list x

I get a big present from work when I leave for maternity and I get a leaving party so that makes up for it.

I wont be going to the baby show either. It's not far from me at all but I dont want to end up buying things that I cant afford :) I'm such a consumer so best I stay away really.

I get a big present from work when I leave for maternity and I get a leaving party so that makes up for it.

I wont be going to the baby show either. It's not far from me at all but I dont want to end up buying things that I cant afford :) I'm such a consumer so best I stay away really.

awww thats alright then hehe! i keep wanting to get organised and buy things but im going to wait till after 20 week scan! i want to know sex so i can be a colour coordinated mess LOL x

Me too! I haven't bought anything yet (which is surprising)... but I thought I might aswell wait till my scan and then go shopping for all my essential bits.

Though I think I may need to sart buying bigger clothes for myself. I think I've gone from an 8/10 to 10/12.

Me too! I haven't bought anything yet (which is surprising)... but I thought I might aswell wait till my scan and then go shopping for all my essential bits.

Though I think I may need to sart buying bigger clothes for myself. I think I've gone from an 8/10 to 10/12.

yea ive bought some bigger trousers! im usually a 12 but they are uncomfortable now! ive got 14 trousers on but they are a bit baggy but i made sure i bought long leg trousers so i can then pull these up over my belly haha! so unsexy this pregnancy malarky in the winter! i cant wait fr the summer when we can wear dresses and look nice with a bump!!!!!!!!!

Iev bought some bits! i got a sterilier kit from babies r us as it was an unmissable deal!!! let me get it

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...ippee-Closer-to-Nature-Essentials-Set(0070825)

and they also have an avent one from 130 to 65 but im a cheap scate and went for the cheapest one lol! babies r us have some FAB deals on at the mo! i saw a travel system we loved to which was on offer but our aunty is buying us our travel system so we left it! ive sat on babies r us website for hours before looking at all the deals and wished i had all the money now!!! xx

I never knew how expensive buggies/prams are! I think that will be our biggest buy! What have you got in mind for that?

We liked this one:

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...our-Sport-Travel-System-in-Black-Mist(0076980)

It was so easy to manouver and also put down and it comes with a car seat! and it also has a car seat clipper thing too which stays in your car permanently and then you just have to clip it in or out! i thoiught 229 for that was amazing! and its so nice looking too! a cheaper one we liked was a diff colour ummmm let me find it!

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...Sterling-I-Love-My-Bear-Travel-System(0076974)

This was the original we liked till we saw the other one! it was rele cheap but practical! the only worry i had was its size! im so weak LOL but im sure you get used to it! i dont know why i seemed to like all the graco ones! i really dont like the alien looking prams they look so uncomfy lol! xx

I like the first one and that is a really good price!! Can you get it without the car seat? Hubby wants to research the safest carseat out there before we buy one.

My friend got a bugaboo for £800-900. I nearly had a heart attack but good to know there is something out there for those who have a lighter bank balance.

Samira that is awesome about the Doppler! So exciting! I want one so bad but we don't need to spend the money right now!

Ttcnumbertwo, I packed my clothes away last week! DH is moving them to the garage today I couldn't handle the taunting either!

And thanks for the thoughts & prayers about the auction!!!
We got it!!! I cried!! We have to wait up to 14 days for the bank to approve our offer, then we have to go through closing before we begin work on it! It does need quite a bit of work but we got it for a low enough price we can do the work & still will only have spent 1/3 of it's selling value when it is done! It is a huge blessing & we are so Thankful God answered our prayers! Just hoping everything else goes well! Our lease is up in April so it would be nice to move in some time in April or May! I am soooo thrilled!

Isnt it! Its really cheap! Umm not sure about without the car seat! Let me look – i cant see anything but you don’t have to use that car seat i guess and to be honest...the car seat is small (well they all are that fit in prams!) so I would be getting another one probs 6 months after anyways! Its mad about 900£ prams! Our tenants pram was £800 i cant remember the name they said!!! How is it possible! You can get a working car for 800 lol! im pretty sure they wont be leaving that behind haha!!!!

OOOh congrats about the auction!!! Fingers crossed it all goes through for you!!!! I love renovating places! Me and OH gutted our place last summer and got everything new! And then decided to save some cash a few months after and rent it out so we haven’t had the luxury of it for that long! Cant wait to move back in!!!

Is this everyones 1st child? xx

In love with this too!!!

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...ur-Electra-Bassinet-in-I-Love-My-Bear(0073999)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->