3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Yeah hahaha i know!

Hey Charlie- sorry if i missed but are you having a scan for this one?

Evening ladies...how are we all?

Have any of your been to a pre-natal yoga class? I went today and was surpised how LITTLE yoga we done. I guess it was aimed more at 25+ weeks ladies, and I can definately see me loving it then, but it was mainly breathing with cushions and candles. Incredibaly relaxing though..I nodded off at the end!

Oh,...I'm uber confused about whether I want to be on Team Yellow - we have the scan in three weeks and I swear I change my mind every day. I'm veering towards staying Yellow but I just don't know...I thought I would be convinced what to do one was or the other but I'm properly torn. What reasons did you have to finding out or not?

Have any of your been to a pre-natal yoga class? I went today and was surpised how LITTLE yoga we done. I guess it was aimed more at 25+ weeks ladies, and I can definately see me loving it then, but it was mainly breathing with cushions and candles. Incredibaly relaxing though..I nodded off at the end!

Oh,...I'm uber confused about whether I want to be on Team Yellow - we have the scan in three weeks and I swear I change my mind every day. I'm veering towards staying Yellow but I just don't know...I thought I would be convinced what to do one was or the other but I'm properly torn. What reasons did you have to finding out or not?

It's totally up to you hun. Finding out when you give birth must be an amazing experience and I was very tempted to do this myself. But because I'm an organized freak and found finding out the gender really helped me to bond with my baby so quickly, that's why we're finding out again. Staying team yellow would be such a great experience though.

I think for me i want the bonding experience- to know what it is, to call it by name, to say this is my little baby boy/girl growing in here- i think that would be really awesome.

BUT i've thought about staying team yellow too! It's a big decision to make- If you DO stay team yellow, i think that's amazing that you avoided the temptation- and think it's fabulous! i just don't think i could do it. But like you, i've gone back and forth. I just am positive, yes, now i want to know. :)

Either way, make sure it's really what you want! Do you think you'll regret later finding out? That's the biggest thing- don't do anything you'll regret. We're almost half way, and it's gone by so fast... soon enough, you'll know anyway. So do what's in your heart! :)

i wish we hadnt now, dh seems sooooo upset its a girl and not a boy he had his heart set on his first born being a boy
it annoys me cos im just sooooo happy and relieved its healthy!! i've just done a thread on it i dunno what to do till he snaps out of it!!!!

have to ask, do any of you ladies ache all over?! for no apparent reason?? i dont understand why everything hurts and aches so bad!!??!!

a lot of men wants boys as their first borns but trust me as soon as he gets 'used' to the fact it is a little girl he'll be so happy! And as soon as she's born he'll get all over protective like Dad's are to girls lol Just give him time cause he'd probably convinced himself so much it was a boy it was a shock?

i hope so i really do!!!! i know his work getting to him aswell but ive never known him quite so sad :( x

It probably is his work and because he's a little bit disappointed it seems to have just magnified - whereas if work wasn't getting to him, you might not have noticed it? All men want boys - but after this little girl has come and he loves her so much, he won't be as bothered. Plus I'm assuming you'll probably have another baby at some point? There's plenty of time :) I know that's not what you want to hear? But when work settles down you'll probably find he won't even care it's not a boy :)

Ah Natalie - sorry to hear that, but CharlieKeys is right, as soon as he holds your little girls for the first time he won't even remember once wishing his first born was a boy!

I was team yellow with DS#1 and I loved that moment when he was born and they told me he's a boy. However, this time I found out at my scan, and I've loved telling people its another boy, and being able to buy blue stuff (even though I really don't need to). Both are a great experience, it just has to be a decision you know you can't unmake!

Oh, and I am very achy! Especially my hips and lower back, but I'm pretty much sore everywhere, I could really use a massage!

awww thank you ladies!!! i just dont like seeing him like this and wish he would appriciate how lucky we are to have a baby on the way!!!
im sure he will snap out of it soon!!! plus she is obviously going to be daddys little girl!!!
i said to him you know we will have another didnt improve things lol!!

im glad not just me aching i dont know where its come from my back is the worst!! dh just tried to give me a massage didnt help tho least thought was there!!! hot water bottle tonight, if that doesnt improve things gonna think about booking in for massage!!! xx

Yeah hahaha i know!

Which scan? I've had my 12 week one... and have the 20 week scan on the 21st March :)

The 20 week one i meant :) Was wondering if you were going to find out what you are having for the second one. Any feelings more towards one gender or another?

awww thank you ladies!!! i just dont like seeing him like this and wish he would appriciate how lucky we are to have a baby on the way!!!
im sure he will snap out of it soon!!! plus she is obviously going to be daddys little girl!!!
i said to him you know we will have another didnt improve things lol!!

im glad not just me aching i dont know where its come from my back is the worst!! dh just tried to give me a massage didnt help tho least thought was there!!! hot water bottle tonight, if that doesnt improve things gonna think about booking in for massage!!! xx

My dh really wants a boy for our first as well- i think it's just a male thing. My sil had a child before us- he had always thought that since we were the oldest couple and the ones actually married we'd have the first baby and the first grandchild and so on. So it's important to him now that we have the first boy.

HOWEVER- my dad wanted a boy first, and they did NOT get a scan. And, i was his favorite even when the boy came later. and even though the rest of the family favored the boy. Which was pretty cool. At least someone liked me best! Nothing like Daddy's little girl! He'll come around.

I'll be happy either way. And i know Dh will be too.

And i'm thinking about the massage as well. My lower back is killing me along with the sciatica on my right hip bleck.

Anyone else having round ligament pain a lot? Sheesh. They just like to pull and pull all day long!

awww thank you!! its so nice to know not the only one going/been through this!!
ahh my sciatica been playing up a bit nothing too bad but jeeez!!! it all adds up doesnt it!!
i've felt the round ligament pain too!!again on and off but ahhh my body hurts, i need a new one!!!! LOL

Yeah hahaha i know!

Which scan? I've had my 12 week one... and have the 20 week scan on the 21st March :)

The 20 week one i meant :) Was wondering if you were going to find out what you are having for the second one. Any feelings more towards one gender or another?

God... I think we're staying on Team Yellow ... we have to have a private scan to find out and I don't really wanna waste the money - OH said we can find out at the 4D scan but that won't be until 29/30 weeks which tbh there will only be 10 weeks left (12 at the most! but if my labour was like the first... it will be a week early lol!) so not much point really.

I'm leaning more towards girl on the basis that with Stephen I craved meat, junk food, pepsi max and I felt ill all the way through whereas this time it's apple juice, oranges, orange juice and I've gone off all the things I wanted when I was pregnant first time around (which sucks cause I get Carvery's on tap here!) but my OH thinks boy and he's starting to persuade me!

Do you know yet if it's a girl or boy? Any ideas? What names do you have? :)

i wish we hadnt now, dh seems sooooo upset its a girl and not a boy he had his heart set on his first born being a boy
it annoys me cos im just sooooo happy and relieved its healthy!! i've just done a thread on it i dunno what to do till he snaps out of it!!!!

Aw hun, he'll come round to the idea. Plus, surely it's better that he knows now & has a few months to get used to it.

Friends of ours have stayed team yellow, yet convinced themselves it's a boy, named "him", bought his first pair of shoes... for their sake I really hope it is a boy, as they've spent 9 months bonding with "him"!!

Ah, that is what worries me - because although I wouldn't buy one set of things (boy or girl) I have half convinvced myself its a boy - no idea why! - and I know without meaning to I will bond with a boy!

Maybe you're right - maybe it is a boy? :) Mother's instincts are usually right 99.9% of the time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->