3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

I like the idea of the birthing pool. I will ask to use that at the hospital and hope for it to be as natural as possible.

I think my hospital has a birthing unit attached to it so will definitely find out more about that.

I dont think anyone has heard from Samira yet. Hope her and bubba are ok.

On Samira....She updated FB on Friday and put pictures up of the scan earlier today.

x

I'd say that's def a boy. A girl looks sort of flat and the lines are right between the legs but that's an obvious appendage! And remember your tech had more to judge from than this picture! I had mine earlier and the boy bits looked a lot like that, not as obvious as a 20 wk scan, but my tech even turned on color mapping to make sure the appendage we saw did not have blood flow (which would mean it's the cord)... And u can cleary see the three bright white likes above your boys bits that are the cord. (it has 3 veins so when it's between the legs without using the color map technology a boy can sometimes be mistaken for a girl) our tech happened to get us a front on shot at the very end that had an obvious penis and scrotum (the turtle everyone looks for) otherwise I would have been unsure as well. But I'd be very shocked if your baby turned out to be a girl!

Thank you very much for your detailed reply! Really appreciate it and a huge congrats on your baby boy :)

I said the other day it looks like a little winky :) :)

and type of birth... pretty much the same as last time - birthing unit, g&a, birthing ball, and then if it gets too much pethidine :) lol Just hoping the labours the same now too! ;)

Batty, ask her on FB if you can tell us the sex of bubba, I'm going a bit mental waiting to know! Lol xxx

Im thinking of having a waterbirth, in the hospital though.

Samira and baby are fine, I will leave it to her to let you know if its pink or blue!

Batty, ask her on FB if you can tell us the sex of bubba, I'm going a bit mental waiting to know! Lol xxx

I wouldn't want to intrude on that! I'm sure she'll be on in time. :thumbup:

Looks like a lot of us are similar in what we want. I'm hoping very much to be allowed to go into the midwifery led unit attached to the hospital, where I can use birthing balls, stools etc. I can't stand the thought of being in a bed for x hours...with my hips I'd be in more agony with them if I can't move. I also like the idea of being able to play my own music and just keep on the move - and without the consultants the chances of unneccessary interventions plummet, but I'm still in the hospitla building if I need.

I was hoping to stay a home with a TENS for as long as I can...but we'll see if I make it to 2cm before begging to be allowed to pushh!!!!

I'm definately up for some gas and air, although looking into hypnobirthing techniques as I don't think it will hurt (ha, labour pun!). Any technique that will help me be any calmer than I think I will be is a good thing in my book.

I'm also thinking about water births (like you TaNashe, at the hosp)...but got a lot of research to do first before I decide!!!

X

PS....This is going to sound bizarre...but I'm feeling SO good at the moment..you ladies are awesome and I'm very thankful to have the MidDream's..you're all brilliant pregnancy buddies.

I wanted a waterbirth with my other two pregnancies, but because of the risks in my pregnancies I wasn't allowed. Fingers crossed maybe this time!

Batty... where are you having your baby again.... I swear I've asked you this like 100 times! :/

Oh fingers crossed Proudmummy!! I have heard some amazing water birth stories, so hope you get what you want.

CharlieKeys - I'm going to Lister in Stevenage. I've heard good and bad stories, and had the choice between there or Bedford. Even though I don't like there I'm a Stevenage girl so i'd rather be close to my family and friends! They've just built their midwifery-led unit and new maternity ward so feeling very luck to get shiny new services!!

I've heard good things about Lister! You going for the midwifery-led unit? I think they are best tbh! Much more relaxed imo :)

So not that far away then I don't think from Watford? :/

Got a little BOY cooking over here!

Still low fluid though, you can see how little there is just by looking at my avatar.

Just got back from gender scan and we are having a beautiful baby boy! Very happy. Alot can be said for your gut feeling. I knew all along it was a boy.

Ahhh Congrats!!! :) :)

Yeh there's hardly any fluid! What did they say about it?? You're gonna be all baby! :)

My waters went when I had my bleed :dohh: but cervix is tightly shut so hopefully I won't get an infection. I will most likely deliver in July!

Had my scan and she reckoned team :pink: ! Although baby had it's legs closed so she couldn't rule out boy bits and told me not to go buying a load of girl stuff just yet! So maybe 80% team :pink:

ooh didn't know that! So do you need extra monitoring? Can the waters re-grow (so to speak!)

and congrats Firerabbit! :) Are you going to have a gender scan to confirm?

ooh didn't know that! So do you need extra monitoring? Can the waters re-grow (so to speak!)

and congrats Firerabbit! :) Are you going to have a gender scan to confirm?

I'm still not quite sure, it will all be explained next week hopefully! But don't think they can increase as the membranes around the fluid have ruptured so there's nothing to hold it in iykwim :wacko:

I might go for a gender scan if I can't hold out 15 weeks until my Growth scan!

Conrats sequeena and miniwilf on team :blue:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->