3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Has anyone had problems getting a midwife? I mean I see midwives at my hospital but am I supposed to have a midwife who is assigned to me?

I needed help with pains the weekend and had to go around the houses before getting someone at the hospital to see me.

The NHS Direct guy told me that I should have a local midwife that I can contact and who should be checking up on me.

Phoned my GP and they told me that they dont do that??? I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall!

I think you should have a community midwife, the one who sees you at your appointments and may be with you in labour depending where you're going.

How do I go about getting a community midwife? I've called around and no one wants to take responsibility and it's frustrating for me.

My maternity notes say I should have a heart and lunch check at 14 weeks with the GP. When I turned up for my appointment the doctor didnt know what the check was???

Oh my gosh!! I am finally on the phone to someone who makes sense!! I have an appointment with a locum so I can get referred for a community midwife. Now did it need to be so long and difficult???!

aww thats good! my MW is at my docs every thurs so i just see her thankfully! although she is a community MW too so when i go into labour she wont be there at the hospital, it will be an unfamiliar face! x

Has anyone had problems getting a midwife? I mean I see midwives at my hospital but am I supposed to have a midwife who is assigned to me?

I needed help with pains the weekend and had to go around the houses before getting someone at the hospital to see me.

The NHS Direct guy told me that I should have a local midwife that I can contact and who should be checking up on me.

Phoned my GP and they told me that they dont do that??? I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall!

When i go to the hospital i am supposed to meet all the midwifes because just one doesn't get assigned and you never know who you'll be with. Was supposed to meet another one today- but i have jury duty instead :growlmad: so i my normal appt is now NEXT week.

i hate that. Here i go. :(

I'm still getting used to what professionals I am supposed to see and what services are availble to me. I mean I knew that the hospital midwives will always be different because it depends on who is on shift at that time but when I got pains the weekend everyone was telling me to go to my local midwife but I was never referred for one. It makes me so mad that I wasn't made aware of all of this!

Just to bore you some more with baby pictures. Here are one of 3d and one 2d of my little man taken last night. I have to say the scan was amazing but the quality of the pictures are not as good as our NHS ones. We got a free DVD of it as well which is great.

Attachments

• baby 16 weeks.jpg
    baby 16 weeks.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Baby 3d 16 weeks.jpg
    Baby 3d 16 weeks.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 7
thank you!!!

Bit tmi but does anyone have realllllly bad incontinence! i was sat on my bed this morning just woken up and stood up and there was a wet patch on the bed! i didnt even feel it! my OH just laughed but its so annoying!!!!!! i dont think i coughed or sneezed either so it just happened and i didnt know about it!!! grr! x
Just reading back and saw this! I went to a couple of rugby matches last weekend and whilst getting all excited and cheering on the team I VERY nearly had an accident! So now my getting-ready-for-rugby-match ritual has to include putting on some 'protective' sanitarywear in case of overexcitement! I'm also a bit cautious when I sneeze... :wacko:

thank you!!!

Bit tmi but does anyone have realllllly bad incontinence! i was sat on my bed this morning just woken up and stood up and there was a wet patch on the bed! i didnt even feel it! my OH just laughed but its so annoying!!!!!! i dont think i coughed or sneezed either so it just happened and i didnt know about it!!! grr! x
Just reading back and saw this! I went to a couple of rugby matches last weekend and whilst getting all excited and cheering on the team I VERY nearly had an accident! So now my getting-ready-for-rugby-match ritual has to include putting on some 'protective' sanitarywear in case of overexcitement! I'm also a bit cautious when I sneeze... :wacko:

I try to close my legs very tightly when sneezing!

Good morning! :) our little babys first name is Silas, we haven't picked a middle name or sure yet! I love Amelia, very pretty! I have finally started calling him by his name and sing it when I sing to him! Apparently the singing puts him to sleep bc I sing to him on the way home from work. Work is very high paced and a little stressful so I sing to him
on our 30 min ride home ESP when I work late til 9 or 10 pm. Well I got straight into bed Saturday night after work and he wasn't moving around like normal, so I got out my Doppler and his little heart was thumping away but I couldn't hear movement like normal, so I figured he must be sleeping! :)

Love the 3D pic miniwilf!

Yasmin that's so frustrating! I am glad we are not on a National Healthcare System (at least not yet) in the US. I book my Appts with the dr (ob midwife whatever you want to call it) of my choice. I see her everytime & if she isn't "on call" to deliver my baby it will be one of the other dr's from her practice (there are 4 women at mine) I have a 24 hour number That I can call anytime bc one of them is on call at all times & they have my records and can answer questions or anything I need. The u/s machine is in the office so I just walk down the hall for that if one is needed for any reason, never have to wait days etc. I can't imagine what you all go through calling so many different people and never knowing who you'll end up with or when! I schedule everything and every appt for when I want down to the hour of day!

DH made me laugh last night, he asked if he could have a copy of the picture of our baby pointing at his boy parts to hang in his locker at work lol I told him he could have the picture .... He was excited to show off his son being 100% boy and pointing at his boy parts! Lol

Less than one week til my next scan! I can't wait to see little Silas again!!

Krystal your hubby is proud! We didn't get a potty shot, my older sister actually asked the sonographer for one when she had her lil boy :)

Oh I dont know if this helps anyone planning to buy a Britax carseat from Halfords... 10% off code AFFBRX02

Britax Halfords.JPG

Also for anyone planning on doing any shopping this weekend... get 30% off Gap, Gapkids or babyGap with this voucher (expires 13/03/11)

Gap.jpg

Yasmin that's so frustrating! I am glad we are not on a National Healthcare System (at least not yet) in the US. I book my Appts with the dr (ob midwife whatever you want to call it) of my choice. I see her everytime & if she isn't "on call" to deliver my baby it will be one of the other dr's from her practice (there are 4 women at mine) I have a 24 hour number That I can call anytime bc one of them is on call at all times & they have my records and can answer questions or anything I need. The u/s machine is in the office so I just walk down the hall for that if one is needed for any reason, never have to wait days etc. I can't imagine what you all go through calling so many different people and never knowing who you'll end up with or when! I schedule everything and every appt for when I want down to the hour of day!

I'm in the UK too & haven't had any problems, so the NHS isn't all bad! I have a schedule of who I should see when, eg, 16 weeks = midwife, 20 weeks = scan, 25 weeks = doctor. There are two midwives at my doctors surgery, so I see one of them each time, and I have a list of contact phone numbers in case any problems/questions come up in between appointments.

just before i go thought you might want a nosy at my bump pics from 4 weeks to now! been taking them weekly (well sometimes 2 weekly if i forgot hehe)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...251-my-weekly-bumps-4-weeks-now-20-weeks.html

have a good night! im off to the old dears for pancakes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! xxxxxx

That's good to know that it's not all bad xsarahbellax. I just see a lot of negative things. I am sure even here in the US everYones dr is not as great as mine & not all offices are the same. It just seems so much more complex there and like you have less control which seems scary to me!

Yes he is very proud :)

I had half a cup of coffee this morning to try to nix my headache and baby Silas has been crazy active ever since! Maybe next time I should stick to something less caffeinated ! Lol

Btw love the bump pics Samira! My bump is not so gradual! It sort of just popped out! I am bigger than any other pregnant woman I know! Everyone keeps commenting on it ... And it wasn't as if my stomach was large at the beginning ... It just went wham! And got huge!

Im gutted as I don't even have hint of a bump yet. I am slim so it's not like I have lots of fat covering it up. I know baby is fine but I can't even feel my uterus when I lay down. I'm hoping it will pop out soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->