3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Got my 20 week scan tomorrow!! ahhh sooo nervous! wish me luck!! still not felt any movement! anybody else got to this point with no movement?? xxx

Good luck with your scan!! Come and post pics!

I thin it's normal to not feel movement yet, I think I am feeling something but I'm still not sure!

And when did you know for certain that it was the baby kicking?

I am still justa ssuming it is, but not sure!

I started feeling it 2 days ago... thought I felt something a few weeks back but it was just gas. The feeling of him kicking is so different, it's like my stomach has a twitch and sometimes feels like little electric shocks. It's so hard to explain sorry xx

Thankyou, i am really really nervous, not slept in 3 nights panicking about it lol!! will deff come on and post pics! xxx

Oohhh I just realised that my due date is 4 months today! Yay!

Just had the midwife round. Babies heartbeat is still skipping bad, but heart seems nice a strong. She'll be back next week to listen again and then the week later I'll have it checked at the hospital. Midwives keep asking me if I'm drinking too much coffee or tea. I haven't touched it since I got pregnant, so can't understand why this is happening.

Morning!!! How is everyone!?

TTCnumber2 congrats pn the boy confirmation :D i was the same baba was moving so much and i couldn’t feel a thing! Mine was 11oz at 20 weeks so i wouldn’t worry hunni! Just a chunky baby!

OMG i wish my appetite was gone! I eat everything in site! My weight after birth is gon abe a shocker to the system me thinks!

Twilighter don’t worry no movement for me yet either! Well nothing that i can confirm is 100% baby anyways! I cant wait for it though!!!! good luck at scan though cant wait to see pics!

Does anyone else have bad back and hips!? I spoke to my midwife about it yday and she has referred me to get registered on the physio classes they do at the hospital which is fab! Haven’t a clue what they do but she said its group classes to help with the pain so maybe stretches n stuff :S

Has anyone booked their nhs natal classes yet? My book tells me to book at about 20 weeks as they get full quick even though we don’t go to them till past 30 weeks!!! x

Yay for a scan Twighlighter!!!

I feel a lot of movement it moves with where baby is, usually only feel it if I am being still relaxing .... The kicks I feel are mostly when he kicks my bladder bc it's getting full and those kicks sting! Also bc he likes to lay breech sometimes it feels like he is going to kick through my cervix! It always catches me off guard and almost makes me stumble if I am standing bc it feels so odd! I was telling DH his son was kicking me in my cervix & he said "well what do you Want me to do about it" and I said "go in there and poke him back for me til he moves, will ya?" we both got a good laugh :)

Oh and Samira I have leg cramps too sometimes in the middle f the night and sometimes in the morning! They are painful! All I know is don't flex your feet / point your toes this supposedly makes them worse... Drinking lots of water can help and some people say bananas help ...I am on my feet a lot but apparently it is just common this point in pregnancy!

Oh and Samira I have leg cramps too sometimes in the middle f the night and sometimes in the morning! They are painful! All I know is don't flex your feet / point your toes this supposedly makes them worse... Drinking lots of water can help and some people say bananas help ...I am on my feet a lot but apparently it is just common this point in pregnancy!

Bananas can help because leg cramps usually happen when there's a lack of potassium in the body. Best pay to get rid is get someone (if possible) to point your toes back towards you rather than pointing away. My hubby gets them quite alot :wacko: xxxx

I bought my first maternity outfit in my lunch break today. Just need the bump to go in it. Although I have to say I looked more pregnant than I realised when trying it on so perhaps this is the start of beautiful relationship between me and my bump!

ooooh il try that, bananas! i agree with the pointing, this is sometimes the cause of the cramp in the first place, having a stretch and there it goes! ]

yay to maternity clothes!!! i havent got any specific mat clothes yet (well i have some maternity leggings but thats it) but i agree with certain clothes makin u look more pregs! i bought a dress from matalan its quite a whispy one that i got for a meal and it made my stomach look huge! i loved it! and it will fit me all through pregnancy too...let me see if i can find it

https://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/produ.../28341&resultsPerPage=100&attrList=Dept,brand

not everyones taste im sure but its fab with leggings but also long enougght to wear without leggins in the summer! didnt realise it was in black too i may have to order it hehe!

ok typing from my phone so excuse any typos!!! Not easy!

hips have been bad for me too this week- really bad.

to whoever asked- I signed up for birthing classes when I hit 18 weeks.

still no definite kicks here- just a twitch or something that I'm assuming is baby!

to the ladies who had their scans- what was the heartrate and the gender ? Curious if those tales are real! I find out in 2 weeks. Nervous and excited. Feels like it'll never get here!

and I have days where I'm starving but also have days where I don't feel hungry at all. But I'm ALWAYS thirsty. And I still pee constantly. Anyone else like this?

oh! And the tiredness is starting to come back. :growlmad: was just getting moving again. But maybe it's related to the weather getting cold and gross again.

ooooh yay!!!! they replied to my registration already!!!

Session 1: Labour & Birth

Date: Wednesday 18th May 2011
Time: 5 – 8pm

Session 2: Breastfeeding and a Tour of the Maternity Unit

Date: Wednesday 25th May 2011
Time: 5.30 – 8pm

We have pleasure in advising you that you are booked onto the following Relaxation sessions.

Date: 8th, 15th, 22nd June 2011

Time: 10.00 – 11.30

yayyy lots of classes LOL!!!! and time off work wooooop! xx

I'm confused with classes....what do we book on. My midwife mentioned NHS antenatal class but just mentioned it saying i'd be going in June and that was it. Do I have to book these and if so...when and how!!?!?

Also, is it worth going to a set of NCT classes as well. £125 is a lot for me if it's what I'll be getting at the hospital.

Oh...had some lovely news today with regard to my MLU. Been reseaching the type of birth I want and how to go about researching it all...and found some amazing comment on the place I want to go; basically mirrors the idea of labour I want.

Also looking into hypnobirthing classes - but again it's so expensive. Might be naughty and jsut get the book and CD off amazon..

ooooh yay!!!! they replied to my registration already!!!

Session 1: Labour & Birth

Date: Wednesday 18th May 2011
Time: 5 – 8pm

Session 2: Breastfeeding and a Tour of the Maternity Unit

Date: Wednesday 25th May 2011
Time: 5.30 – 8pm

We have pleasure in advising you that you are booked onto the following Relaxation sessions.

Date: 8th, 15th, 22nd June 2011

Time: 10.00 – 11.30

yayyy lots of classes LOL!!!! and time off work wooooop! xx

Just had the midwife round. Babies heartbeat is still skipping bad, but heart seems nice a strong. She'll be back next week to listen again and then the week later I'll have it checked at the hospital. Midwives keep asking me if I'm drinking too much coffee or tea. I haven't touched it since I got pregnant, so can't understand why this is happening.

:hugs:

I've just called my hospital and booked my antenatal classes. Four afternoon sessions from April - May. They have breastfeeding classes too but I might book onto that later.

I'm confused with classes....what do we book on. My midwife mentioned NHS antenatal class but just mentioned it saying i'd be going in June and that was it. Do I have to book these and if so...when and how!!?!?

Also, is it worth going to a set of NCT classes as well. £125 is a lot for me if it's what I'll be getting at the hospital.

Oh...had some lovely news today with regard to my MLU. Been reseaching the type of birth I want and how to go about researching it all...and found some amazing comment on the place I want to go; basically mirrors the idea of labour I want.

Also looking into hypnobirthing classes - but again it's so expensive. Might be naughty and jsut get the book and CD off amazon..

dont know why my post went twice!!!

i would ask your midwife hunni! i think your meant to book them so best to check rather then spend out the cash! xx

I've just called my hospital and booked my antenatal classes. Four afternoon sessions from April - May. They have breastfeeding classes too but I might book onto that later.

yay! im looking forward to the relaxation classes! what do we do just lay there and relaxxxxxxxxxx hehe! xx

is anyone buying baby scales? my MIL works for a charity and theres a charity site she uses which she has kindly given me her log in too! it has EVERYTHING from household goods to baby stuff on there which is donated to the site and then they sell it to charities real cheap! ive already got a graco travel cot for £25 when its usually 70 at toys r us and just got a designer changing bag for £9 and they now have some baby scales on there for £15 and ive had a look about at these ones online and they are usually over £100 but i dont know if i should bother!!! i keep thinking its only £15, but its 15 i could spend elsewhere!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->