3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Today- i have off so i have a few errands and things and then meeting a friend and taking the dogs for a lovely walk. :) Very glad to be doing that!

Can't wait til our scan tomorrow! So excited to find out what team we are!!!!

Samira- what a dilemma!!! I know you probably want to be nice, but at the end of the day you have to think about you and your family first! However, I don't really think it matters too much where you live with a newborn because all they do is sleep and eat anyway- doesn't matter much if you're in a mansion or a trailer!!!

I have a car dilemma as well. When I was pregnant with my first son I got a Volvo V70 (the station wagon), and I LOVE it!!! It fits the dog in the back and it has all the features you could ever want! However, we have come to the conclusion it is too small- DH wants me to get a Tahoe. I don't want to give up the car I love, but I guess I have to be realistic- we can't fit two kids, a dog, and cargo in a station wagon- boo hoo!!

yea its not so much the space the baby takes up, its more the baby things!! i mean we dont even have room for a cot in our bedroom and the dogs are in the living room at the mo so nothing can go there either :S

ahhh ditto on car dilemmas! i love my mini hes my baby but he ghas to go sob sob!!!!

I too have to get up really early in the morning. But most of the time I'm awake at 4.00am anyway because I can't go back to sleep from needing to pee lol.
Samira- I hope things go easily for you and you make the right decision, I know it's a difficult position to be in and hope your scan goes well Daretodream.
Congrats to those who are 21- 24 weeks!!! Yay! I'm 19 weeks today. Looking forward to the third trimester already, even though it's a long way yet.

Aw Samir. That's such a difficult situation! ;( I am sorry it would be hard for me too!

glad im not the only one! im going to try and be hard and do something for us for once. im just praying the tenants are understanding and dont take it to heart coz we really like them lol! thats life though i guess! xx

Today- i have off so i have a few errands and things and then meeting a friend and taking the dogs for a lovely walk. :) Very glad to be doing that!

Can't wait til our scan tomorrow! So excited to find out what team we are!!!!

good luck hunni!!!!!!!!!! x

Aw Samira, it's a tough one!

You seem to be leaning towards giving them notice to leave now, and I totally understand why, however, here's another way of looking at it…

The baby can sleep in a moses basket for up to 6 months - I know you said there isn't room for a cot in your room, but is there room for a moses basket?

If your tenants move out, lets say, end of September, your baby will still only be 8 weeks old & they don't really need much "stuff" at that age.

You'll be on maternity leave (I assume) & can go & sort out the nursery in your house, which will be freshly done when your baby is ready to move in to it :)

Plus, you'll have made an extra £5700 in rent, between now & September!!

Xx

Aw Samira, it's a tough one!

You seem to be leaning towards giving them notice to leave now, and I totally understand why, however, here's another way of looking at it…

The baby can sleep in a moses basket for up to 6 months - I know you said there isn't room for a cot in your room, but is there room for a moses basket?

If your tenants move out, lets say, end of September, your baby will still only be 8 weeks old & they don't really need much "stuff" at that age.

You'll be on maternity leave (I assume) & can go & sort out the nursery in your house, which will be freshly done when your baby is ready to move in to it :)

Plus, you'll have made an extra £5700 in rent, between now & September!!

Xx

yea that is one thing which is the downfall! if we givce the notice now and they moved out say..end april, we would lose out on may, june, july and aug rent which is £2000 free cash to us!

you are right i am pretty swayed to move home but theres all these things which make it that much harder to do! i think me and OH need to sit down and have a long chat tonight and see what we can do :S x thank you xx

Awww samira!!!! Thats a tough one!!! As much as u want to help them out I think u will have to put u and your new family first!! They are your priority now!!!! I'm sure these people will understand!!!! Hard to do I know!! I would tell them sooner rather than later so they have a chance to find somewhere and if u help them and recommend them to a future renter and maybe with your recommendation they can rent for less than the usual 6 months?! If that makes sense?? Xx

Xx

only thing I would say about having nursery all fresh etc is I've been told you want to have decorating and new carpets and things like that done 8 weeks before baby comes cos of fumes and dust and risk of cotdeath etc!!

..... I started feeling movement with Little Man not so long ago but gee wiz since yesterday he has been having a real party in there .. :haha::haha: .. I Love the kicks because it is so reassuring :happydance:

Last night I got woken up a few times because I cant sleep on my left hand side as my leg cramps up on me and it is so painful :cry::cry: so I sleep on my right hand side and then my back hurts so i turn on my back and well Smartie doesnt like it so then I get kicked awake :haha::haha::haha: .. such a little mover too because at the moment he is kicking into my bladder sending me to the loo every 5 minutes :wacko::wacko:

BUT what a great feeling .. :happydance: .. who knows if i will still feel like that when they get really hard :haha::haha:

Xx

only thing I would say about having nursery all fresh etc is I've been told you want to have decorating and new carpets and things like that done 8 weeks before baby comes cos of fumes and dust and risk of cotdeath etc!!

I heard that too - but then babs would still be in your room for another few months (if you're going to try for six months) to let it settle and it would only be for changing/feeding/clothes you went in there...so maybe not too much of a problem?

thats is a tough situation samira and I would feel bad as well, but I would probably lean to give them notice and get you sorted out and comfortable before baby comes, If where you are now is cramped etc, it will just be added stress with a newborn.
Also if you end up having delayed recovery, a c -section or anything like that you will want to be comfortable and in your own home x

Xx

I heard that too - but then babs would still be in your room for another few months (if you're going to try for six months) to let it settle and it would only be for changing/feeding/clothes you went in there...so maybe not too much of a problem?

My thoughts exactly!

good luck daretodream!!!!!!!!!!!!! im thinking blue :D

i decided to give the notice to the tenants! i wrote them a really nice email explaining everything and telling them we will do everything to help them find a new place etc! just hope they understand our situation (they should do they have an 8month old boy)

ive told them that we are willing to move in on the 1st july so that gives them so much time to organise alternative accomodation! and then gives me appx 2/3 weeks to move in and get sorted for new baba :S at least il be on maternity to be able to move us back in! well il unpack boxes, chris can do all the moving lol x

Samira I'm sure they will understand. I'm also looking to move now too. Living in my parents house whilst they are abroad but I don't want to have to leave moving to the last minute. My dad is annoyed as he thinks I'm just wasting my money on rent, when I can live there rent free but I want to be settled in before the baby arrrives.

DaretoDream- Sooo exciting, I can't wait to hear- I'm feeling blue vibes too!!!

Samira- I'm sure you feel a weight off your shoulders making the decision, it will be nice to be settled in your home before baby comes!!!

Not much going on here, it seems like the sun will never come out and I'm sooo over winter, I'm ready to put away the coats and get out the flip-flops- come on summer!!!

Can't wait to hear daretodream!!!

Samira I am sure they will understand! That's lots of notice anyways!

Our lease is up April 1st, so we are trying to be out and in our new house by them but it's been a bugger! They are getting painting done now then floors... The air conditioning system will get put in after we move in.... I feel terrible though DH is worn out! He is going on 3 weeks of 4 hours of sleep and 18 hour days between his job and our new house! I can't do much, one day I went and swept up dust from the Sheetrock and felt sick the next day so they won't let me do much, but I've gotta get our house packed up! :-/ it's crazy right now! We eat dinner at 10 pm every night! Hopefully we can get in and catch a break soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->