3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

awesome i am so glad u are feeling better!!! do u think you are over the worst of it all now?!

awesome i am so glad u are feeling better!!! do u think you are over the worst of it all now?!

I think so, I'm feeling much more myself and even though I'm still sick it's just morning sickness now :D

My OH is off work for the next 2 weeks too so it's really nice to have someone here with me :D

Aww have u got anything nice planned?
I am so glad your feeling better!!! Is this your first? I hope u continue to feel better!!!!

Aww have u got anything nice planned?
I am so glad your feeling better!!! Is this your first? I hope u continue to feel better!!!!

Yup this will be my first :)
We're not sure yet, we'll probably just chill out for the next 2 weeks... and celebrate valentine's day for once!

Ah, so THIS is where everyone has been! I couldn't figure out why the other thread went so quiet!

To re-introduce myself, DH and I are expecting our 1st on July 22. We're staying Team Yellow all the way!

Just this weekend I felt the baby move for the first time! I got up to pee around 1AM, and when I went back to bed I didn't fall asleep right away. As I lay there I could feel fluttering! I nudged DH and told him, but he was so fast asleep that what I was saying didn't sink in until the next morning! LOL!

Hi :) I've only been to the 2nd tri board a few times but I figured I'd pop in and introduce myself.
I'm due July 24th with my 1st. Not sure on the gender just yet. I'm 20 years old and live in the US.

Hi girlies, can I join too ?? I'm due 21st july will be finding out what I'm having!!! I'm 24 and oh is 27 took me 15 months to concieve after depo injection!!! X x

Hi this is Peewee and I have now officially moved from 1st trimester to 2nd trimester with a new due date of 31st July 2011, expecting my first.

Congratulations to all other mums to be, apparently this trimester is supposed to be the most enjoyable!

:happydance:

Happy Monday everyone!!!! Another week of dreary work then back to a short fast weekend grrr! Plus side to this week ive got my MW appointment on Thursday wooo! It was meant to be on the 10th but im 16 weeks on Friday so i moved it to this week (too impatient!!!!)

Everyone have a good weekend? I will be mostly moving this week after work out of my OH’s parents house (YESSSS) into temporary accommodation until we can move back to our home which will be when i am ready to pop or when i have a new born baba with me so no stress in the summer for me.....

Welcome sweetally and congrats :D

Ahh sequeena i didn’t know UK was 13 weeks so all you 1st tri girls at 13 weeks get over here now hehe! Oh well i officially moved at 14 weeks so was late but i felt more ready at 14 :p

Lea so happy that youve managed real food!!!!!! Im on day 2 of no sickness in the morning which is amazing! On Sat morning i made me and OH scrambled eggs and within 2 mins of finishing it mine came up but sun and mon morning have stayed down woooooooo! Im hoping this is the end of it and not a lucky couple days like ive had before in 12 weeks or so!

Emk – no not moving home home yet! Im moving to temp accommodation as we cannot deal with living at home any more! We live at OH’s parents which is fine, we have a nice big room, ensuite etc but its getting too much now! We need our own space! Plus the cooking / food drives me insane! Before moving there me and OH used to eat really well, plan our meals when shopping for the week etc but there we cant do taht as we eat with them and OH’s mum is quite a big lady and cooks ebvry big stodgy meals! Im always last home from work too so i never get the option to cook! I miss cooking so much!!!!!

Yayyy to everyone getting dopplers! They are amazing! Im a confessed addict and i listen before bed and when i wake up hehe! In the morning i just used water as i don’t want a greasy belly but i still can hear it fine! Its so nice for piece of mine that baba is in there beating away!!! They are quite bad too though i have had one go where it toopk me ages to find the HB and i was getting scared and worried when i knew i shouldn’t!!!!

Welcome over officially love_krystal :D loving so many familiar faces moving over!!!!

And welcome charlie189 & squeeker too! Your Duedates are the same as mine :D wonder who will pop first hehe! I cant wait for this thread to be over in the 3rd tri and were all getting ready to drop and seein pics of all our little babes!!!!!!!

Ooh and more newbies!!! Sorry im going through and writing replies and then seeing more!!!!! Welcome and congrats to MommaBear90, dani86 & PeeWee2010

EEEk theres so many of us on the front page now!!!!!

Hi everyone,

So I went for my ‘heart and lung check’ at the GP on Friday… hmm the GP didn’t know what I was talking about? I explained to him that the midwife at the hospital told me to go to GP for this check and it is in my maternity notes too. He still had no idea what I was talking about!

So anyways for those who don’t know and have GP’s that are clueless, I found this Kings Fund document on the role of the GP in maternity care which states…

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
In case you cant see the pics go to https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/document.rm?id=8734

The pages I selected are 22 and 23 I think...

thanks for that hunni ive printed the 3 pages off! so did you not get the check then?? xx

He took his stethoscope and checked my chest and that was it. He said everything was fine and he doesn't know what else he wants me to do. He then told me that I dont really need to go to the GP because the baby just grows on its own?? :wacko:

I said I'm supposed to have a 22 week check up with the GP and he said it's not needed.

I think some GP's just pass your referral to the hospital and think they dont need to do anything else. My older sister has her own midwife at her family GP I dont even know who the midwife is at mine! I've only seen two from the hospital.

Ive just looked at the pathway and where it says "GP appointment" at my practice its midwife appointments. I have my 16 week appointment with my Midwife on thursday which will be all checks and also review on bloods and other tests etc. and hopefully the stuff that is mentioned in the 13 week midife appointment on that sheet which i didnt get

My GP did say to me when I went to tell them i was pregnant (seems like forever ago!) to keep incontact with her and book appointment to see her just so she can have a check up and see how i am but ive not done that yet :S i need to really as she is lovely! xx

She'll also tell you about the GTT which checks for gestational diabetes. They do that at around 24 weeks... or was it 28? I cant remember but mine is booked for April.

Has anyone ordered some belly bands? I see New Look has a 3 pk for £10, if anyone has them feedback will be great. I'm also unsure about what size to order?

She'll also tell you about the GTT which checks for gestational diabetes. They do that at around 24 weeks... or was it 28? I cant remember but mine is booked for April.

Has anyone ordered some belly bands? I see New Look has a 3 pk for £10, if anyone has them feedback will be great. I'm also unsure about what size to order?

OOh ok! that doesnt sound nice! is that done with bloods?

ive not looked at belly bands yet! i live in leggins at the mo so i dont really need them! im hoping i can live in leggins till it starts to get warm in march / april then i can go shopping for summery stuff and get the white legs out!!!!!!!! x

Yep... you have to fast two hours before your appt time. Then an hour before your appt you drink some Lucozade. They take some blood to test how well your body has processed the glucose.

I need some new trousers!! I'm bursting out of my work clothes and some trousers actually hurt my stomach now :(

I'm taking a long lunch break to go to primark... need to watch the pennies.

Yep... you have to fast two hours before your appt time. Then an hour before your appt you drink some Lucozade. They take some blood to test how well your body has processed the glucose.

I need some new trousers!! I'm bursting out of my work clothes and some trousers actually hurt my stomach now :(

I'm taking a long lunch break to go to primark... need to watch the pennies.

oh wow clever! argh so lucky you have a primani near work! i love the place!!!!! hope you find some goodies :D x

:( Just realised that I cant go... I have a meeting and I dont want to be late for that. However my manager is not in till tomorrow aftenoon so I can still get to Primark and take a long lunch break tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->