3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Aw Daretodream I'm sorry! That's aweful! I pray she comes around with this baby! You keep being strong!

Congrats Tanasha on bday & vday! :) hope it's a great one! :)

We had a really easy time with names ... Not sure why but the week we found out we talked about names and picked a girl and boy name and they stuck! I thought it would be mre difficult since DH is more traditional and old school than I am but he likes names that are different so we easily agreed...

Our little boy is Silas John. Silas is the name we both liked & it's from the Bible & John is my great grandfather & fav uncles name & DH's grandfathers name ... Plus it's very plain so if he grows up and doesn't like having a different name he can always use John a very plain name lol!

awww i love silas!!!!!! its beautiful! ive not heard of it before either :) x

oh and our surname is Moon so we tried to keep it simple and veer away from names that would add to the teasing! Haha I married into the name but my name sounds like a psychic or palm reader here in the us.. "Krystal moon" I get teased about it all the time! :)

Waitingforastork I like all three of your names! :)

awwww! well when me and OH one day get married im going to be a Jones..........zzzzz! so im going to be a magrabi-jones instead to keep my dads name! he has 4 girls so no boy to carry his name so im going to keep it in there.......i think! il probs change my mind by the time i get married lol! samira jones is so rubbish though haha!

i love your name krystal! its so pretty! is it common in america coz i know no-one in england called krystal but 2 in america! my friends sister is called krystal and she is in florida! x

We also struggled with names. DH is dutch, so we wanted a name that is pronounced the same in english and in Dutch. At 1st it was so difficult finding a name that we both like, DH likes all the horrible sounding dutch names and i prefer simple engllish names. But we finally found one we both like. Esme! I think its very pretty.

Thanks Samira! I understand about last names mine was Magni... My dad and his family are Italian. So I wanted to keep it, but Dh would have been offended bc it isn't common here in the southern us to do so unless your a hardcore feminist and it's sort of a blow against a mans ego! Lol so I resigned to the name Moon! Jones is a very common name here!

Krystal is pretty common among people my age... Not so much with the younger generation but my generation has several! Many spellings crystal, krystle, Cristal, etc

TaNasha Esme is lovely! its so different! i love unusual names !!

yea jones is mega common here! along with smith....which funnily enough... my best friend whos dad is also north african....she got married to a smith! so she is now leila smith...and im going to be samira jones.....goddam common english names ;) xxx

ps before anyone gets confused - as i have spoken about my sister before....my sister is also called leila but not talking about her hehe! x

Thanks Krystal- love your name too :)

TaNasha- I think Esme is lovely.

Poor Samira! My surname is quite unusual so that's why we're going for more 'normal' names for bubba. Maybe you should think of something funky and unusual for your little man?

I have another scan on Friday to get a measurement of the spine that we couldn't get at our 20 week scan. I hope to get a potty shot, at our 20 week the technician said if she had to guess our baby is a girl. For the first 20 weeks I was sure it was a boy, now I have accepted maybe it's a girl...we will see what tomorrow brings :) My favorite girl name is Imogene Francis and we will call her Frankie :) Imogene from a mountain pass from our honeymoon, and my FLI is Frank. And he is like Madonna, he only needs a first name lol!

i love the name imogen! my ex's daughter is called it though otherwise i would of had it on my girl list LOL also looove frankie! too cute! xx

me and steve picked out names from before we even started trying with Stephen but this time if it was a girl it would still be the sane as last time - Phoebe Anne and if a boy - Henry Jack. We never really disagreed with names just sometimes I do say to him "what if he doesn't look like a Henry" lol

We also had our names picked before we got pg. We picked in June and then got pg in November- so, yeah they stuck since we still adored them. We narrowed it down and we were so happy. Keeping our boy name (which was our favorite) on the back burner so if we decide to have another we can use that. Can't believe that this sunday, i'll only have 15 weeks left. It hitting anyone else yet?!

Excited!

OH i wanted to share, cant remember if i mentioned this before or not, but there is a beautiful blog, Enjoying the Small Things. Its about a mom, who has two daughters. Her youngest, has downs syndrome. And she didn't know she was going to have it. It's about enjoying every little thing as a mom and the photography is amazing. And its full of such love and peace and it warms my heart when i read it. Hoping you will check it out, and it will create the same feeling for you all as well.

hey all,
me and OH have found name picking really hard also, he wanted a name from his country, I couldn't find any i liked apart from hi sisters name! lol.
if it was upto me i would call her dakota or savannah, I love them names BUT.......

I picked our sons name as we couldn't decide on one together so I really want him to have a say in this babys name.
He told me one he liked and I quite like it - so all going to plan unlesshe changes his mind our little girl will probably be called............ tiana xx

We are having a horrible time picking names!!! Every time we find something we like, someone tells us something bad about it! Our last name is Barton, so its plain and everything goes pretty well with it- we just can't seem to find something that is original enough, but not to off the wall- We had our girls name picked out within 5 minutes, it figures we can't find a boys name we like. Keep posting yours on here, I might have to steal one!!!

We had ours picked out from TTC too! :D

DTD- I follow Kelle Hamptons blog too :) I love it, makes me feel all homely and cosy for some reason :haha:

xxx

We had ours picked out from TTC too! :D

DTD- I follow Kelle Hamptons blog too :) I love it, makes me feel all homely and cosy for some reason :haha:

xxx

It is wonderful! gives such a fantastic feeling after! so glad someone else loves it as i do :)

Ahhh 23 weeks today! :) 1 more week until v-day!! Can't believe how fast it's going - some of you in a couple of weeks will be 3rd tri!!

I'm not that bothered about name stealing - I know the names we choose so if someone else decides to use Henry then that's their choice :) but I do understand why someone might not want people to name steal lol especially when it can take ages to decide upon that perfect name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->