3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

yeah- it wasn't REALLY hard for us but I mean we really did the work to get our name. So- it would upset me greatly if someone took my name. :( I feel they should have to do the work too!

oooooh and it makes it more exciting for your name now.....i want to knmow what it is so habve to wait for your labour day hehe!

im 25 weeks today eeeeeeeeeeeeek! 15 weeks to go!!!!! saw my midwife last night as i didnt feel any movement all day yesterday so she told me to go in to have a check! all is fine! heartbeat nice loud n strong! she also told me i "had a good sized uterus"!! is that a nice way of telling me i have a big bump LOL!

i also had to wait in the birthing pool room as it was past 6pm so waiting room was closed...ive never seen the maternity rooms before and it was so scary sat in there with the bithing pool and the bed and the gas and air tubes on the wall!!!!!!! my stomach felt all butterflied up like i was about to give birth haha!!! i took pics on my phone but i dont know how to get them on here from phone :S x

Eak!! The labour wards sound scary!!! I loved hearing baby's heartbeat again!! Wish was another scan so we could see her again!!!

I am so curious to see what a labour ward looks like! But it does sound scary!!

Tomorrow is my 4D scan, woohoo!

ok what il do is post it on facebook then rip it off n post it on here lol! gimme 5

eeeeeeeeeeek to 4d scan hwo exciting!!!!! cant wait for piccies! xx

https://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4821/birthing1.png

https://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6571/birthing2.png

wasnt as nice as i had visioned in my head but they were nice n spacious! x

Lol they're all pretty basic! Why pay money for rooms that people only stay in for a few hours! :)

Your birthing pool room seems a lot bigger than the ones I've seen before! Do you want a water birth?

They are very spacious!

I would love a waterbirth, but i dont know if ill be able to give birth without an epi! So ill just see how it goes i quess.

Oo it does look a bit scary! I don't know if I'd managed to clamber in and out of the pool whilst in pain and everything but I do quite like the thought of some soothing water. It's exciting to see the little empty cot though awaiting its new guest!

Ooooh looks very clinical! But very spacious!! I don't get to go on a tour of our local maternity unit until 36 weeks! (It's part of our NHS antenatal class) I need to arrange to go see the midwife lead centre, which they recommend doing around 34 weeks. Seems so far away still!

i 100% want a water birth! i hope its free when i go into labour!! theres 2 at my hosp so fingers crossed!

yea i get a tour at my 2nd antenatal class! i only saw this room as i got to the mat unit after 6 for a checkup - bean hadnt moved all day so she told me to go in to check x

Do you feel him move now?

I have had a few scares aswell, but luckily I have a doppler so I know all is ok.

I still have not had any real hard kicks yet :-( and whenever DH puts his hand on my bump she stops kicking!

My bean has been pretty quiet too, I hope it is because of my generous uterus and anterior placenta. I have a check up today and I am sure all is well. I am wondering how I am going to start counting kicks in a few weeks if I can't feel them???

I have a dr appt this morning just the routine check! ...some day I feel a ton of movement and others not as much!

Wow that's a hardcore tub for a waterbirth! Here they use a blowup pool in one side of the room.... But the rooms are a lot less clinical, all of the cords and equipment is housed in cabinets that make it look more home-y

Oooo I couldn't do a water birth, have a bit of a phobia of things like swimming pools lol!!
Although I like the idea of baby having a quick clean before I hold!! Lol!!!!
I wish I could feel more movement damn u anterior placenta!!! Lol

I'm hoping for a water birth too!

Still haven't felt any movement, not even flutters. My placenta is at the top, so it's not that. Trying not to be concerned just yet though.

They asked me if I wanted a water birth first time around to relax me as I was fighting my contractions . . . But I chose pethidine so wasn't allowed then! :) but a warm bath did nothing for my contractions so I doubt being in a big pool would relax me! Plus OH would have been upset he couldn't see Stephen being born! He wants to see this one born too so again no water birth hah!

Are water births done in the hospital in the UK? I don't think that's an option here in the US (at least not where I live), I love the idea of it, I just don't know where I would go to have that option.

Yeah I think in most uk hospitals they have birthing pool rooms so of you do want one then it's possible - but it's usually restricted to two pool rooms I think so it's just taking that chance 2 other women haven't got there first :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->