3rd Times a Charm***Round 3 of Clomid (TTC#1)

Hey ya'll! I am new to this board.

I'm only on Cycle 1 of Clomid 50 mg. I took it on CD 5-9 and I'm now on CD 14. I think for the first time in my life I can actually feel myself ovulating! My husband and I have BD'd on CD 7, 10, 13 and we plan to tonight. He's a happy boy! :headspin: Haha! I'm doing the whole legs in the air for 30 min after Bding (not attractive!!) and I'm taking Robitussin for CM.

I haven't really had bad side effects from Clomid. I think the worst thing was that my eyes were REALLY dry. I had to wear my glasses for a few days. I also had some hot flashes and a little moodiness, but not too bad.

Good luck you guys!!:dust:

Hey beachbum have you thought of trying out softcups. I was doing the legs in the air thing and after a while it gets aggravating. but with the softcups it holds on the lil swimmers right there at the cervix.

To everyone else. I start my 3rd round of clomid last night and honestly am not looking forward to this week. But I was offered to adopt a friend of mines baby (she just found out she was preg) and just 2 mo ago she got a hysterectomy (partial) so were not sure if she will be able to carry. we find out tomorrow. but being as we will still be TTC and seeing Dr. after Dr. I would love to have some opinions! What really worries me is she is somewhat of a partier and being pregnant only slows her down a lil and im worried that if she can carry will i be adopting a baby with health issues bc she is doing things she shouldnt while preg.

Good luck, Tyme! Where did you get softcups? I put a pillow under my butt and lay there for 30 min after dtd but that gets really old...

walmart actually... and they were real cheap you get a box of 14 for 7 dollars!!

Thanks! I'll have to try that. I've never heard of those before.

Hey ladies....been away trying not to stress over my first TWW. Right now I don't feel like we are preggo. Not having the usual cramps more like A LOT of pressure in my lower ab. I did take a HPT on 7 and 9dpo and both were BFN.

Guess that means I must wait to be disappointed. OH well still happy we finally ovulated. Wishing babydust and sticky vibes to all you beautiful ladies.

Hi ladies...how is everyone? We got to Spain yesterday so I am still adjusting to the time change lol. I am also concerned that we missed a crucial day of bding due to our flight. I really hope we are still in the game. We dtd the days leading up to and on the day of o, but because of the time change and flight, I reLly hope missing the day after wasn't a game changer. Time will tell I guess.

Fx and :dust: hope! I'm on CD12 and waiting to o. I have a scan on Fri.

Hey Ladies, I got my 7DPO Progesterone results back this afternoon and its sitting at an incredible 148.6, or 44 in Aud measurements, Im worried that this is too high and confused because usually if I have high progesterone levels my BB's hurt, but I don't even have a twinge in my BB's? I've had light cramping on both sides since 5dpo but nothing major. Has anyone else had a progesterone level this high? Is it ok to have such a high level?

Thanks stayhopeful and good luck with your scan. Clomid gave me my surge on cd15 this cycle and last...is it staying consistent with you?

Mamafajane, I would think the higher your progesterone levels, the better...but I am no expert so maybe the other ladies will be better help. :) all I know is that if the number is 10+ unmedicated and 15+ medicated, then that's a good sign! :thumbup:

Thanks stayhopeful and good luck with your scan. Clomid gave me my surge on cd15 this cycle and last...is it staying consistent with you?

Mamafajane, I would think the higher your progesterone levels, the better...but I am no expert so maybe the other ladies will be better help. :) all I know is that if the number is 10+ unmedicated and 15+ medicated, then that's a good sign! :thumbup:

Thanks! Fingers crossed its a very good sign, been Googling a bit and have found out my levels are equivalent to progesterone levels in the 1st trimester, it's not a reliable test as there can be other reasons for high progesterone, but it's a good sign. Yayness, can't wait to test on Sat/Sun!

My surge was day 16 both of my last rounds, but I dropped down to 25mg this cycle so it's hard to know. I started opks today so now I just have to wait...

My scan today showed the lower dose of Clomid is still working! I have 2 mature follicles, one on each side. I still have a thin lining (4mm) but it's day 14 and I haven't been o'ing until day 18, so hopefully it will thicken some more before I o. I'm just so relieved I have mature follicles, I was so scared the lower dose of Clomid wouldn't be enough.

Hey Ladies, I got my 7DPO Progesterone results back this afternoon and its sitting at an incredible 148.6, or 44 in Aud measurements, Im worried that this is too high and confused because usually if I have high progesterone levels my BB's hurt, but I don't even have a twinge in my BB's? I've had light cramping on both sides since 5dpo but nothing major. Has anyone else had a progesterone level this high? Is it ok to have such a high level?

My progesterone levels were 4.06 first month on clomid (50mg), second mont 100mg, I o'd and my level was 62...my temps stayed high and I had glimmer of hope which of course was crushed by :af: …my LH phase was 19 days...this month I will not know until I go for blood work…I will keep you posted…however I hope your high progesterone means BFP…o yea I before clomid I would get positive opk’s, on clomid I am yet to get positive opk and I use digital…so I have decided to stop doing opk’s… lots and lots and lots of baby dust…

Hey girls...it has been a while since I got on here to post...I was just waiting to ovulate...I had to use temp corrector for past three days because I kept waking up at 5am to go to the bathroom so I took temps then instead of 6am....so I have no idea if I ovulated yet or not...we are trying to bd every other day..so far so good however I practically had to make hd to do it..I hope my hd is up to it tonight...he landscapes and it is 90 degrees today so when he gets home tonight he will be super tired …just like he was past week...I have been so frustrated with it this month...I tell myself I will not cry and make him feel bad however that does not work...ugh..it also does not help that I have attended 2 baby showers and 1 year old birthday party this past couple of weeks…

Anyhow…just wanted to say hey to all and lots and lots and lots of baby dust…

I got my smiley this morning, which is different. The past 2 clomid cycles I got them on CD17, I took Clomid CD3-7. I use opks in the morning and in the late afternoon/ early evening, usually I get a smiley in the afternoon and then again the next morning, by the evening my surge is over. This time I took Clomid CD 5-9 and it was a lower dose, 25mg instead of 50. My OPK last night was neg so I was surprised to see a positive one this morning. We dtd on Cd 10, 12, and 15 so hopefully if we dtd again tonight we'll catch it. :wacko:

Hi ladies,
Hope you dont mind me popping in, but thought you experienced clomid users may be able to help me :)
I am on first round of clomid, taking last pill this evening. I haven't had any symptoms yet, e.g. hot flushes etc.
Do the symptoms happen whilst you're taking the clomid pills or during the rest of the cycle?
Just wondering if no symptoms may mean, it isnt working? I am on 50mg.

Also, any of you take EPO with clomid? Read on here this afternoon it's a big no,no and it scared me as i been taking 3000mg of it for last 4 days?

Hey Stella...I had headaches last day of taking a pill...other symptoms started afterwards and they were hot flashes at night, bloating and emotional...that was on 50mg...and I did not O...I had less hot flashes on 100mg but still had some headaches and bloating before O....o yea and I continue to be emotional however that could be because ttc is very emotional time..I have read that some women do not have any symptoms and some have more that they can handle...are you going to have CD21 progesterone level checked...that will tell you if you o'd or not...

Question for all...ever since I have been on clomid it feels like when we bd it is very uncomfortable, it almost hurts...anyone else experienced that?

Thanks Sasha!
No, not having checks. I have only been ttc for 6months but have pcos. Doc was a little reluctant to do anything for me yet, but my last cycle was 10wks long and so I said i just want to regulate my cycles so that we CAN ttc. Seems like we sort of stopped as it seemed pointless, had no idea when/if i was ovulating.

When you didnt O on 50mg, did you go straight back to doc? I am worried that he thinks i'm being neurotic and worried about going back after 1 mnth if no ovulation happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->