3rd trimester cloth nappy/diaper addicts?

I really like the Frugi rainbow spots and strawberry ones although not sure if I will get both or I will be at risk of having too many easyfits. I don't mind too much about gendered nappies if I really like them, the first cloth nappy DS1 was in and the first DS2 will be in will be pink....there seems to be something about getting great deals on pink newborn nappies. I like the look of teenyfits and lil joeys but I will only get newborn nappies that have a very good deal because they fit for such a short time.

I am just sort of assuming I should get a good fit with the Itti Bitti's because I am sure he will be tall since both DH and DS1 are very tall and I'll be BF'ing again so expect another skinny baby. I am not sure about the totsbots easyfits though because I have heard they fit chunkier babies better. But I got a few brands to see what works for that reason I guess.

The really sad part is that I have looked through DS1's old stash photos to compare them. :haha: I like this collection a lot more!

I used them religiously with my son (now almost 13) but the choices back then were so limited. its kinda made me go a little crazy now, there were certainly no minky fabrics back then so i've gone a little mad for for the fluffy ones :dohh:

Attachments

• Nappies.jpg
    Nappies.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Nappies2.jpg
    Nappies2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 15
Gosh you all have some HUGE collections going there!

Stardust1, my son is almost 3 and I am shocked at how much they have changed since I last bought them.

Kintenda :shock: whoa! Your stash is beyond beautiful, it brings a tear to my eye!! :haha:

I'm so jealous ladies, you all have so many beautiful bits already! I've been restraining myself, and can't wait to build up a bit more!

I need to prewash the rest of my LL this week :)

Any opinions on the bambino mio miosolo range of all in ones?

Any opinions on the bambino mio miosolo range of all in ones?

I got a free mio solo and not a fan of it at first glance.

Of course it might work wonderfully but it just seems so big and bulky, don't think it'll fit for ages.

I haven't got any mio miosolo, I thought they looked a little bulky too. Although I think Easyfits look bulky on too and I have bought a few of them.

Anyone started buying boosters yet? I am thinking of making some out of Zorb or Zorb 2 so I have ones that are really absorbent but not bulky.

I have a few that I've collected that are hemp and bamboo. And the MF ones that come with pockets. Also bought 6 bamboo boosters from an eBay Chinese seller.

Where do you get zorb from?

Fabric shops. https://www.plushaddict.co.uk/absorbent-fabric-153-c.asp

I have read some great reviews about it and thought it might be nice to try it out as boosters. DS1 was a heavy wetter so I want to be prepared in case DS2 is but want to keep the nappies as trim as possible. I though about trying to make a few newborn nappies and use it but I won't get the chance.

Whats zorb? Not heard of that before, I've bought some close parent night time boosters that look really good.
Have any if you guys made your own washable wipes? What did you use?

Fabric shops. https://www.plushaddict.co.uk/absorbent-fabric-153-c.asp

I have read some great reviews about it and thought it might be nice to try it out as boosters. DS1 was a heavy wetter so I want to be prepared in case DS2 is but want to keep the nappies as trim as possible. I though about trying to make a few newborn nappies and use it but I won't get the chance.

Ooh that stuff sounds great!

Yes I've made wipes.

They're all double sided (jut cut squares and sewed round in zig zag stitch.

I've done some fleece & brushed cotton. Some fleece & old t-shirts (pretty patterned ones I don't wear anymore as are super soft from being old) and some old t-shirt and brushed cotton.

All feel lovely and soft and the couple I've washed have washed well.

I thought zorb sounded pretty good too and people who have used them say it is great.

I am planning on buying the packs of wash cloths from Ikea as wipes. However some people say they are great as wipes and others think they feel a little rough so I am going to wait and see what they feel like when we go buy the nursery before making a final decision about them. If they don't look good then i might go for the OsoCozy unbleached flannel wipes.

I have some of the ikea facecloth ones and they really aren't the softest of fabric even after I've washed them, I did get a pack of 12 little baby washcloth things from TKmaxx that are a lot thinner but really soft and only about 10" square, I was thinking of backing them with fleece.

I have over 50 nappies for this wee one already! I have 15 more coming and ill be buying some rumparoos and bum genius too.

I might have to see what the OsoCozy ones are like. I know I don't want tiny ones and I want a fabric that is soft enough for the baby but tough enough to wipe the explosions up. The close parent pop-in wipes look nice but you really don't get much for the money.

Wow 50 is amazing! I am only aiming for around 35-40, not including the newborn ones.

I think I might have to bite the bullet and just buy some wipes as I'm being induced on Friday so I'm not sure I'm going to have a lot of free time to make any now.

Oh my gosh Friday is so soon! :happydance: Your lo will be here and a cloth bummed boy before you know it!

You could always buy a few to tide you over, then when you have more time make your own?

(You can probably tell by that last comment I currently have no children as it implies there is time for anything once a baby gets here, which experienced mommas may tell me I am delusional about! :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->