3rd trimester cloth nappy/diaper addicts?

Not long left for you now at all!

I can't see myself getting time to make the things I'd like to, I am a full time mature student struggling to keep up with my dissertation and although I finish early May and am due late May I can't see my soon to be 3 year old giving me the chance either.

I got the 3 newborn nappies I was expecting today which was nice and now I am waiting on the 6 V2 easyfits and 3 wraps.

I am just sort of assuming I should get a good fit with the Itti Bitti's because I am sure he will be tall since both DH and DS1 are very tall and I'll be BF'ing again so expect another skinny baby. I am not sure about the totsbots easyfits though because I have heard they fit chunkier babies better. But I got a few brands to see what works for that reason I guess.

DS is 75th centile for height and 9th for weight (was the 2nd), we didn't get a good fit with Itti's (too small) but get a great fit with easy fits :).

Super excited. Had a long discussion with dh about wanting to use cloth nappies and he's finally agreed with a couple of conditions.
He wants to wait until baby is 3mnths and in the one size nappies because he wants time to get used to having a baby without the added extra of using cloth and also we plan to be abroad for the whole of August and would rather use disposable whilst we are away. I've agreed to this as he's probably right and for us it will take a but of time to adjust and would be a nightmare doing cloth abroad plus it gives me extra time to build a stash.
I've put together a list of brands that I'd like to take a look at and then will buy in bulk once we've worked out any kinks.
I've decided to but one of each-
Tots bots easy fit v3
Tots bots bamboozle stretch size 2
Bumgenius 4.0
Bambino miosolo
And fuzzibunz elite
So I think if I've got it right I've got a mixture of pocket and aios all with pretty good reviews.
Do you guys think these are good ones to start with?
Excite to get them ordered :)

Just joining. I haven't read everything but read through some. I am a little addicted. I am using softbums echos and omnis as my main stash and they are putting out a new print every month called a calender bum so it makes it hard for my stash to feel complete! haha. They are one size all in twos (with the option of pocket with omnis). I originally wanted to do all in ones for the ease of them but since you can't adjust the absorbency I decided against them except for my newborn diapers. I didn't really need them because softbums get small enough for newborns but I got an amazing deal and thought they'd just be easier for the super tiring newborn stage. My hubby is 100% on board and in fact when I found out I was having twins I thought about not doing cloth but he said no we should still go with cloth. He just loves how much softer they are and the quality of them over disposables, not to mention the savings!

My diaper changing station with my newborn diapers on the shelf. Once we are out of those the softbums will come out of the closet and go up there. The picture of the pods (inserts) is OLD and I have WAY more now and the drawers are full! haha.

Attachments

• diaperstation1.jpg
    diaperstation1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 9
  • softbums.jpg
    softbums.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 10
  • pods.jpg
    pods.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 8
Not long left for you now at all!

I can't see myself getting time to make the things I'd like to, I am a full time mature student struggling to keep up with my dissertation and although I finish early May and am due late May I can't see my soon to be 3 year old giving me the chance either.

I got the 3 newborn nappies I was expecting today which was nice and now I am waiting on the 6 V2 easyfits and 3 wraps.

I am in my final year of paed nurse training and I was hoping to finish my research proposal before baby popped out - however with all the extra appointments for GD and chiropractic care I am just about going to finish my management assignment for next week. I wanted to have it done so that I have less to finish off next year when I go back, but it's not happening now! Wishing you luck with your dissertation lovely - it is really hard work, especially at this stage of pregnancy - I know that my brain is not what it used to be!! Xx

DS is 75th centile for height and 9th for weight (was the 2nd), we didn't get a good fit with Itti's (too small) but get a great fit with easy fits :).

Hopefully we will get a good fit with easyfits too since DH can work them out better. DS1 was on 25th for both but quickly went up to 99th for height and 95th for weight and nothing seemed to fit at all. Every cloth nappy leaked and in the end we gave up using them. So this time I will be getting some flat nappies too in case DS2 won't fit anything. Plus, I am getting lot of different brands to try. :thumbup:

Zfbaby, I think getting a mix to start with is a very good idea so you can see what does and does not work.

ttc1soon, your stash is looking great. It must be nice buying for a twin boy and girl.

Thanks, kintenda. These last few weeks of Uni are tough. I feel so achy by the end of the day but thankfully only have classes one day a week. The hard bit is trying to get the work done with a toddler and no childcare though. Sorry your having a rough pregnancy, I had a high-risk one last time and had appointments twice a week and was in and out of hospital for a few days at a time. This time I currently just see the midwife every other week which makes things easier. The small gap between finishing Uni and my due date is going to be filled with rest one way or another though. :haha:

My 6 pre-loved V2 easyfits and 2 totsbots wraps arrived today and I got the newborn nappies I was expecting yesterday. :happydance: I was going to take a photo of what I have so far tonight but I have broke my phone so can't. :dohh:

I have bought a nappy kit of Little Lamb Bamboo - 20 cloth nappies, fleece liners, wraps, paper liners, wipes & a nappy bin. I will start with this & see how we go.

Quick q for uk based ladies - I saw on ttc1soon's photos she has some softbums. Does anyone know if we can get those in the UK? I love the look of them.

How many cloth nappies does everyone have? I only have 20, but sure I will need more than this?

Quick q for uk based ladies - I saw on ttc1soon's photos she has some softbums. Does anyone know if we can get those in the UK? I love the look of them.

They only sell them in the US and a few retailers in Canada but you may be able to get them shipped to you. I LOVE them because they are one side without the snap rise! Because of the sizing system they are a true one size system and really do fit newborns. I can't wait to start using them.

How many cloth nappies does everyone have? I only have 20, but sure I will need more than this?

It depends on the type you have. I am doing an all in two system and so I have 14 shells per baby because they shells can be used over and over unless they get soiled and then 26 inserts each (not including the mini ones that are good for doublers/boosters and the newborn stage, I have a ton of those)

It really depends on how often you want to wash as far as how many you will need.

I plan on washing every 1-2 days but really want to know that should I get a really bad case of mastitis or something that the washing can wait a day so I am planning around 26-32 in the newborn stage although 10 of those will be size 1 and after the newborn stage it is a bit of a case of feeling like I have all the ones I want but it may be around the 35-40 mark.

I have not seen softbums in the UK, maybe they can be imported though?

I've actually not counted how many I have.

I'm just going to start using them and see how it goes (I won't wait until I'm all out of disposables and will probably always keep a pack of the right size just in case of emergency etc)

Then once we know if we we'd more, if there's nappies I want more of, or some I don't like that I want to sell/swap I'll do that.

Here is my current stash photo. We are getting more but are waiting until real nappy week to try and grab some bargains. I have seen a offer on 3 bum genius nappies I want to get but I don't think DH will go for it.

The bottom row are the newborn sizes. Oh and I know the yellow and leopard print one is bad taste but it is inspired by a UK comedian called Keith Lemon (although I'm not sure you can make out what is says on the back).
View attachment 582339

I actually just came on this morning to ask thi question. I watched a couple of reviews on the omni and I'd like to try them. I'll let you know if I find anywhere that sells them to the uk.

Also quick q for those already using the omni. I get that it has the poppers insert so you can reuse the shell but I'm confused by the added pocket. Is this just so you can prestuff it and babys bottom sits directly on the shell or is this just so you can add extra absorbency and you always use the insert poppers in too. Sorry still working it all out.
We've found a shop that is really close to us that sells bum genius, itti bitti, fuzzibunz etc so I'm hoping to phone them today and go and see all the ranges in person.

Silly question, but how do you clean soiled nappies? Do you scrape it into the toilet & flush & then machine wash?

Sorry, seems like such a stupid question, but I have no idea!

Once a baby has weaned and has solid poos you can either tip it in the toilet or use disposable liners. I found disposable liners less than useless with BF'ed baby poo though.

Silly question, but how do you clean soiled nappies? Do you scrape it into the toilet & flush & then machine wash?

Sorry, seems like such a stupid question, but I have no idea!

If baby is breastfed you can just chuck the soiled nappy into the bucket and was as it is. When baby is doing more solid poos (they tend to firm up quicker with ff babies and then once baby is on solid food) you chuck the poo down the toilet- either use flushable liners which you just flush away or fleece liners which you shake to poo off into the toilet :)

They only sell them in the US and a few retailers in Canada but you may be able to get them shipped to you. I LOVE them because they are one side without the snap rise! Because of the sizing system they are a true one size system and really do fit newborns. I can't wait to start using them.

Thanks, I will definitely look into international shipping (and maybe eBay) as I do love the look of them, and have only read good things - including what you said!

And thanks zfbaby! I'll be really interested to know about any uk sellers, fingers crossed!

I cloth diapered with a very little stash. Right now I'm cloth diapering my 21 month old and we just use prefolds with covers. It's the cheapest thing. I have a couple fitteds but not many. For baby I only have 6 fitteds and 2 covers so far. I will be washing constantly until I can get some prefolds to put into rotation. I will have 2 in cloth diapers for a while. I've also been buying flannel and cutting it up and sewing the edges for cloth wipes. I LOVE cloth wipes. I just now switched over with my 21 month old. They are so easy to use with a spray solution!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->