3rd trimester cloth nappy/diaper addicts?

I have 6 pre-loved nappies because I liked a discontinued print. I think it is fine if they are unstained and any Velcro, poppers and elastic is still in good condition.

I've got some amazing deals from Cloth Nappy Tree. Especially on Newborn/small nappies as babies are in those such a short time.

No grosser to me than they'll be after my baby has pooped in them once and I've watched them.

I only buy them if there's a photo and they look good, and as soon as I get them I give them a wash, then I have no issue.

Thanks, I have some brand new Little Lamb one's, but they are so expensive to keep buying new & there are some cute colours online that I can't buy direct anymore. Might have another look around :)

Which brands do you all recommend?

If it's fitteds you like then my favourites are Motherease Bamboo Sandies, so soft and look like they'll be a lovely fit and good for containment:

https://www.mother-ease.com/cms/editor1/images/sandysbamboo400px.jpg

Also if you do want to buy new then I loooove my Bamboo A Mama Knows nappies. They're made by a lady at home adn I got mine for £6 each - she sells on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/AMamaKnows

Come in adorable colours too!

https://moohouse.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/AMamaKnowsFitted.jpg

If you like pockets/all in ones, then there aren't too many cheap options but I do have a few ebay cheapies/alva baby. And the Bumgenius flip system gets good reviews and isn't too pricey. But thye're even better to buy pre-loved - I got amazing deals on some of my flips.

Well, I think it just depends on what fits your baby best. Generally speaking I like Totsbots for 2 part nappies and I found brands like Motherease Sandies a little too thin...although DS1 was a very heavy wetter so maybe that could be why. :shrug: I used the old style totsbots with DS1 (along with other brands and systems) and have bought some flexitos this time which look even better and I will be getting strechies too. For AIO's and pockets I think it really is a case of trial and error as to what fits your baby the best. I like the look of my bum genius and itti bittis the most but since I have never used them I can't really properly recommend them.

What are people's thoughts on buying 2nd hand nappies? I have seen some great deals online (ebay & such), but am more than a little grossed out at buying them 2nd hand...

All the nappies I currently own are secondhand. No visible stains. I have 6 pockets in a larger one size, and 8 infant prefolds (one of which I made into a prefitted). I made 5 fleece soakers to cover the prefolds. I am picky about my preloveds, I want to look at them first, but if they look good and in good shape I will buy, especially natural fibers like the prefolds because they will be easier to get good and clean (or it seems like that to me!)

What are people's thoughts on buying 2nd hand nappies? I have seen some great deals online (ebay & such), but am more than a little grossed out at buying them 2nd hand...

Wen I first started thinking about cloth I was thinking "second hand? That is so disgusting, why would any one do that?" Then I bought a stack of preloved tots bots off eBay as they were a bargain (around 30 nappies in sie 1 and 2 for £80 :thumbup:) and when they came they smelt weird...but it was just musty. After a strip wash and regular wash they are fine, not stained at all and although not as soft as new ones they are super!!

Also, little lamb are having a sale in the next few days - keep an eye out in the website and like them on Facebook for more info!!!

Fluff heaven have up to 50% off Little Lamb - just got an email. :)

Cupcake that's amazing my stash is 17 as of now all alva baby and my moms making about 12 more so I Just need to find A way to stash them

I have found that fluff heaven have a lot of really good deals!

Hi all!

I have posted a photo of my cloth nappy stash - they are all sooo cute! These ones are all pocket nappies. Over here in NZ our local councils fund a workshop by 'The Nappy Lady' and it only costs NZ$20 (about 10 pounds) to attend and you get 3 cloth nappies for free worth $100. Cloth nappies here are very expensive - up to $45 (23-ish pounds) each for ONE nappy. So I bought all of these in the pic from Alva Baby (online) - I was a bit dubious because they are from China, but I received exactly what I ordered at my front door less than 2 weeks after placing the order. From what I can see they are really good quality and feel like they'll be a lot softer on baby's skin compared to some of the more expensive ones available here. In my first order I got 24 nappies delivered for only $170 (85-ish pounds). In fact, in one of the stores here I have seen a nappy exactly like one of my Alva Baby nappies but the store has thrown their own label onto it and doubled the price.

So far I have 20 one size fits all (they look quite big though, I doubt they'd fit until 2 or 3 months) and 9 newborn size. I've ordered extra inserts too because I'm not sure how it all works yet until I can put it into practice! I know I probably shouldn't have bought so many without making sure they fit the baby first, but hey they were so cheap I can just sell them if they don't fit. And the way I look at it, if they do fit properly/work well I've just saved myself about NZ $700 for not paying NZ retail prices! :)

So many people have made comments about how 'I won't last a week' using cloth nappies because it's too much work, so now I'm even more convinced I'm going to use them to prove these people wrong lol! :) :)

Attachments

• IMAG0082.jpg
    IMAG0082.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 8
uk ladies, mothercare have a 3for2 offer on cloth nappies!

Little Lambs online sale -

25% OFF Everything!

Click on the 25% Off app at the top of the LittleLamb Nappies Facebook page to get the special discount code.

The new server isn't on line until next week now so if you get problems come back - you have until the end of the month.

Anyone added anything new and interesting to their stash?

I just bought 5 pre-loved bum genius pockets in the artist print. I can't wait for them to get here because I loved the artist print and was struggling to find someone selling them. :happydance:

Oh where did you get the preloved? I can never find any good preloved that I want :(

Just used the little lamb sale to get 3 osfa and some boosters :)

I'm going to get some terries, probably bright bots ones as I love the colours. :)

Got some great pre loved off ebay (some had been washed but never used & some that had minimal use & no stains) - Tots Bots & Little Lamb.

There are some great Facebook groups that people use to sell nappies - I'm a member of 3 and have got some great bargains.

They're private but if you PM me with your facebook details I'll happily invite you. :)

I got them on a facebook group. They were not especially cheap but those prints never are and they look to be in great condition. I got the V2 totsbots prints I wanted off eBay but the quality never seems as good when bought from there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/256920634329397/?fref=ts

CupcakeBaby, I think the bright bots are cute too. Although I am having second thoughts about getting some flat nappies now since totsbots flexitots and strechies should fit from 6lbs. I had the old style totsbots bamboozles with DS1 which I didn't like much but the flexitot ones I got seem much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->