3rd trimester cloth nappy/diaper addicts?

Quick q for uk based ladies - I saw on ttc1soon's photos she has some softbums. Does anyone know if we can get those in the UK? I love the look of them.

They only sell them in the US and a few retailers in Canada but you may be able to get them shipped to you. I LOVE them because they are one side without the snap rise! Because of the sizing system they are a true one size system and really do fit newborns. I can't wait to start using them.

Thanks, I will definitely look into international shipping (and maybe eBay) as I do love the look of them, and have only read good things - including what you said!

And thanks zfbaby! I'll be really interested to know about any uk sellers, fingers crossed!

Nikisdiapers.com ship softbums internationally! That's the good news, bad news is they are currently out of stock of the omni (they do have the echo). I've put myself on the waiting list and I'll let you know when they are back in stock or you can pop yourself on ye list too :)

Yay email back from softbums official website, they ship internationally too!

One of the things I've noticed in the Internet is just how many brands there are. Looking at amazon or eBay there seems to be millions. Other than the price being much lower is there a way to pick out the "Internet cheapies" from the decent ones and are all Internet cheapies rubbish and a wate of time. I've found reviews for Alva and yellow bloom nappies that give quite high praise but they seem too cheap to be true. Is that the general rule, cheaper it is the worse it is?

Zfbaby. I don't have any Alva nappies anymore but I used to for ds2 and found them as good as any other nappy really.

Some people use only Alvas/cheapies and love them.

I do have quite a few Alvas as to be honest when compared to so other pockets there aren't loads of differences and some of the prints are so adorable that for £3 it's worth a go! Also - with a pocket it's most about what you stuff it with than anything. So I have Alvas (which will start as for home use just in case they are crap) but have got bamboo and hemp inserts to back up the cheapy inserts they come with.

Some of my Alvas are bumGenius prints so it makes me think they're the same factory.

I think the difference is really in how they hold up to lots of washing and I don't expect the cheap ones to last years and years. But again I can get 6 of then for the price of 1 BG so again it doesn't bother me much.

Some people have great success with internet cheapies and others hate them. :shrug: Like with any other brand it is best not to buy a huge lot in one go in case they don't work for you.

I had a couple of IC's called 'naughty baby' for DS1 and hated them; they shrank in the wash, they leaked even more than my branded ones (which was saying a lot), and the quality just generally didn't seem as good. I said this time I wouldn't buy any but have decided to get some cool baby prints imported at some point to try out. I am also going to try 2-3 baba & boo nappies which are a good price and get decent reviews and they seem like they bridge the gap between IC's and more expensive brands.

I definitely plan on getting a few alvas for my parents to use, and as pp said I will get some better quality inserts to go with them, and maybe use some prefolds with them too depending on how well they work. They are super cute prints!

Sounds like its a good idea to get 1-2 to compare to the others. I really like the giraffe minky I found and it was about £4 I think

Some people have great success with internet cheapies and others hate them. :shrug: Like with any other brand it is best not to buy a huge lot in one go in case they don't work for you.

I had a couple of IC's called 'naughty baby' for DS1 and hated them; they shrank in the wash, they leaked even more than my branded ones (which was saying a lot), and the quality just generally didn't seem as good. I said this time I wouldn't buy any but have decided to get some cool baby prints imported at some point to try out. I am also going to try 2-3 baba & boo nappies which are a good price and get decent reviews and they seem like they bridge the gap between IC's and more expensive brands.

I've got them on my list of ones to sample too. As well as little bloom and papoose (?) they seem to get good reviews and seem very cheap compared to the bigger brands

Here is my stash so far, hoping to get about ~15 more. It's a mix of Thirsties duo AIO, bumGenius AIO, 2 newborn bumGenius AIO (SO ADORABLE!!) and 1 Kushie's reusable (the duck one, it's huge! For 10-22lb infants).
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/Bryanna666/IMG_0097_zpsb39be505.jpg

Quick question about boosting and newborns: do you just play it by eat and start boosting/adding inserts when they are needed? Like when they start soaking through the nappy in the time you would normally expect them to last?

This is probably a really stupid question :blush:

Got a call from that local cloth nappy shop near us yesterday and have an appt for a private demo in a couple of weeks. They sell most of the brands so we can have a proper look at them and ask loads of questions on a one to one setting. So excited. I know most of you ladies know what tour doung but is anyone dows have any questions let me know and I'll ask. I'm making a lot of all the silly questions I have so I can get it clear once and for all.
Doggy- ill ask about the newborn thing.

Nice stash TTCBean. I love the newborn BG AIO's too.

doggylover, I will be just seeing how it goes to start with. The newborn stage doesn't last long anyway so it will probably depend on if I have another heavy wetter or not.

Zfbaby, I hope you have fun!

Thanks omi and zfbaby :)

I'm jealous zfbaby of that shop near you! I would love something like that but there doesn't seem to be anywhere here that actually sells anything more than a terry towel!

Where is the shop zfbaby?

It's in wroughton near Swindon. The lady is set up at the old raf hospital which is cool because that's where my dh was born :)

I was surprised there was somewhere near us especially as I couldn't find any incentives or info for real nappies from our council.

P.s sorry for all the typos on the pp, stupid iPhone!

Yeah we don't have any incentives from the council either, which sucks. And that is cool about the shop being in the same place that dh was born!! Circle of life...

What are people's thoughts on buying 2nd hand nappies? I have seen some great deals online (ebay & such), but am more than a little grossed out at buying them 2nd hand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->