4 and 3 -- Graduating class of WTTer's

Kerry how exciting! I can't believe she is crawling already. Holy cow time flies.

We had a great time at our baby shower yesterday. It was coed so it was basically like a big family and friend party to celebrate baby Sam and it was so fun. We also were so blessed by all the gifts, I mean we made out like bandits! We got our pack and play, gym, video baby monitor, swing, two boppies (the nurser and the lounger), tons of car seat accessories, a diaper dude diaper bag, a bouncer, four sets of crib sheets etc, etc. One thing missing was clothes. Thank goodness too, because we have 4 huge boxes of gifted clothes. It was amazing and has taken so much financial pressure off as we only have 3 or 4 big ticket items left.

Overall, everyone said they had a great time and it was the best baby shower they'd ever been to. I think it was because it was coed, so everyone had someone they were with and no one was left out. Also, John and I kind of took two different groups of guests to ensure everyone was attended. It was so fun. Here are some pictures (PS I'm the pregnant one ;) ).

Attachments

• shower1.jpg
    shower1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3
  • shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 3
  • shower6.jpg
    shower6.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
  • shower7.jpg
    shower7.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2
  • shower5.jpg
    shower5.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 7
Congrats in the shower Jess - you look adorable and so happy -- glowing!!!

I'm jealous Kaylee has teeth, Summer still doesn't have any! She just gums her food so definitely still hard to feed her! She sort of crawls (hasn't quite figured out her legs can help her....she mostly just drags them behind!) what she really loves doing is walking! She can do it on her own along the furniture or if we hold her hands. She's very good and will be walking on her own well before her 1 year birthday I think!
Jess and puppy, how are you handling the Summer heat?

Oh, and as for baby fever, it was temporary!!! CJ and I have agreed to try for #2 next May/June :)

So glad everyone is doing well - all the little ladies are growing up so quickly! Jess, looks like you did well at the shower, and you're looking great as well! How are you feeling?

I had my glucose test this morning, so we'll see how the results of those are when they are available. I also had a regular checkup and everything seems to be on schedule! I always feel when my doctor is feeling around to see what position the baby is in that it's getting poked in the eyes... haha, I know, I think of the weirdest things! I can't believe I am almost in the 3rd trimester!

Oh my gosh, ladies, I've been really lazy with keeping you all updated (actually I've been really lazy keeping anyone updated lately, even my poor mom I barely talk to some weeks!). Look at all those cute girlies! Summer and Kaylee are looking so adorable and so BIG! Where has all the time gone?

Kerry, are you back at work yet? Are you planning to go back if you aren't? I'm just starting to look at nurseries now, which is both exciting and sort of terrifying! Josie has only ever been left with grandma once for 2 hours. Otherwise, she's been with us since she was born. It feels weird (and so grown up of her!) to leave her somewhere random with a stranger. Jen, so glad you decided to reduce your work week. That sounds like such a better arrangement! I'll be going back very slowly. I work from home anyway and at the moment, don't even have any research funding to pay myself a salary (not ideal!), so it's just going to be a few afternoons a week of work to begin until I get in a better situation and can take on more work.

How is weaning going? Josie will be 6 months next week (WHAT?!?), so we'll be starting her with solids then. We're doing BLW, so we're just going to give it a go and see what she does. We're off to the beach for a few days next week, so then we'll start officially after we get back. She's grabbed a piece of banana and some bread already and really seems to enjoy trying to gum it, so it should be fun. Still no teeth here either, Jen! I'm so jealous of babies with teeth. I really want teeth. I'm like the only one of my friends who is actually looking forward to this. :dohh:

We're now going swimming once a week. We went for one swimming lesson, but now the term has ended, so we'll start up with formal lessons in September, but for now just doing it for fun. Josie seems to mildly enjoy it, though I'm not sure she knows what's going on. She mostly just looks confused and concerned the whole time we're in the pool. Hopefully she eventually starts to like it. If nothing else, it's just a good time to be around other babies being social.

I forget when I last talked to you all, but my husband left his old job and started up a business as a blacksmith. It's going fantastically. I really didn't think it would be as easy as it's been. But he's doing so well and has gotten so much work and a lot of great feedback on his work. He's been mainly doing a lot of outdoor cooking/bushcraft gear, but also some decorative work. He's so much happier and it's so nice to have the flexibility, for instance, if I'm sick, he can take a day off or if Josie has a class he could take her and spend time with her while making up the working hours later. It's made such a difference. He has a massive event he's selling his work at this weekend, so it's been super stressful and he's been pulling long, like 16 hour days, prepping for it and building up enough stock. But I'm really excited for it and I think it's going to go so well for him (and we're really looking forward to him having time off next week so we can relax and see each other again).

As for me, I'm just starting to think about starting up my research work again. I do try to answer some emails and do some reading on things I need to write about, but I don't get much more than that done during nap times. I'm thinking of changing my research focus to make the work I'm doing a bit more compatible with life at the moment (new focus means less overseas travel in the short-term). But I really won't get back to doing much work til Josie is in nursery in October/November. I'm glad I'm home with her now, but it's also nice to start thinking about grown-up things again too.

Preggo ladies, how are you both doing? Jess, you and your bump are adorable. Looks like you had a fantastic baby shower. I like the coed thing so much. I think that makes it much more fun and it's just nice to get everyone together before you have a baby. You won't have as much time in the first few months for seeing friends and family or at least not as often as you'd like, so it's so nice to get it in now. Puppy, how did your scan go? did you find out the sex?

Here's some photos of Josie since I realise I never post any. Just a few of her being cute at home, then one from her first trip to the beach (she loves it when daddy buries her in pebbles) and also one of her in her wrap which is her favourite place to be. Actually, that's where she is right now. :thumbup:

Oh gosh, someone's awake now. Must go. Sorry, I know I'm forgetting a few ladies. How are you all?

Attachments

• P1010038.jpg
    P1010038.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010063.jpg
    P1010063.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010145.jpg
    P1010145.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010218.jpg
    P1010218.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 5
Puppy I hope your glucose test results were good. Are you still team yellow?

Karen I'm glad everything is going well. Josie is so cute. Its so interesting how babies develop differently.

Still waiting for the blood test results - or just hoping I don't get a call, as that's how it works in our doctor's office. No news means nothing to worry about!

And yes, still team yellow for now! We're almost ready to paint the nursery now, and then begin decorating it and setting it up. I am thinking that once the baby is born I can add some pink or blue accents... although that's assuming I'll have extra time :)

How are you feeling, Jess? I keep forgetting you're less than 2 weeks ahead of me.

Does anyone here have a SSC like an Ergo or a Boba? I would like one, but haven't decided yet which. I am leaning toward the Boba 3G, but have read pros and cons of each. Like the Ergo will be outgrown earlier, but the padding on the Boba straps isn't long enough for some people, etc. Maybe I should just wait until baby is here and decide then!

Oh my goodness - Josie buried in the pebbles is more adorable-news than I can handle!

I had to go back to work much earlier than some of you girls, and it is hard...but I looove socializing again and using my brain for the good of the world. I promise that you girls, being so naturally intelligent, will get a lot out of starting up a bit of work again. It's invigorating!
Mind - your hubby's business sounds fantastic - I'm so glad he is getting a lot of work! And the flexibility is amazing -- my DH is such an involved dad because he can make his own hours!
Jess and Puppy -- more bump pics, please! Are you both tolerating the summer heat? Any names picked out Puppy?

Summer and I are awesome. She is a constant source of entertainment and I love how busy she keeps me. She keeps getting closer and closer to walking, and is rarely happy to sit and play with toys anymore (except outdoors, where she is much more calm). I love discovering all the little traits I passed onto her: sneezing when she looks at the Sun, turning red easily because of the pink undertones of our pale skin, the calm she feels when surrounded by nature...I am so excited that she is coming along on her first annual Oregon Coast beach trip with DHs family this year. It will be cool enough that she can enjoy the beach without getting heat stroke (last time we went we had to leave quickly as she was way over-heating). I'm sure she will be hogged by CJ's mom (who is driving me nuts with 'suggestions' about how to care for my child...which shoes to buy, commenting on how she deliberately bought a padded ottoman instead of a coffee table like we have because it's much safer, etc). The woman is coming dangerously close to a reminder about just WHO is in charge of raising this child. But that's for another day.
Anyhow--thinking of you all and so excited for our growing families :)

Still waiting for the blood test results - or just hoping I don't get a call, as that's how it works in our doctor's office. No news means nothing to worry about!

And yes, still team yellow for now! We're almost ready to paint the nursery now, and then begin decorating it and setting it up. I am thinking that once the baby is born I can add some pink or blue accents... although that's assuming I'll have extra time :)

How are you feeling, Jess? I keep forgetting you're less than 2 weeks ahead of me.

Does anyone here have a SSC like an Ergo or a Boba? I would like one, but haven't decided yet which. I am leaning toward the Boba 3G, but have read pros and cons of each. Like the Ergo will be outgrown earlier, but the padding on the Boba straps isn't long enough for some people, etc. Maybe I should just wait until baby is here and decide then!

We have an Ergo. It's great for use outside, like for long walks when you need lots of back and shoulder support, especially as baby gets bigger. You can use them with toddlers (unless you have a massive heavy toddler who is over the weight limit). I don't know much about Boba but I've heard good things about them and they look nice.

The only thing I'd say about any of the SSC is that they aren't as handy for babies under about 5 or 6 months. Not sure about Boba, but Ergo you can get an infant insert for, which means your baby can fit in it before they are able to have their legs out. All babies up to about 3-4 months should have their legs inside (frog legs) rather than outside dangling down (if that makes sense). If you go to the Ergo website and watch the video for how to use it with a new baby with the insert, you'll see what I mean. That's fine and you can use the insert, but we found it a bit bulky and awkward and it's too hot for use in the summer (though you'll have a winter baby, so doesn't matter!).

Now that Josie is 6 months, we use the Ergo more because she's big enough to fit it without the insert, but I didn't like it as much when she was small. It's a lot of carrier and padding for a small baby. Our Moby wrap was the best thing up until she was about 4 months and now I have a woven wrap, which I still like better than the Ergo for around the house or going to the supermarket, etc. I'd say definitely still get the SSC, but maybe plan to also get a Moby if you really want to use it when LO is young. It's a lot easier that way and Moby's aren't that expensive.

Yeah, I have picked up a used Boba wrap (similar to the Moby, I believe) in barely used condition, so am excited to use that. The Boba carrier now allows infants to be carried, without an additional insert, but I am not concerned about that at all, because I'll just use the wrap. I will probably wait and see until the baby is born, and then go to the store to decide which SSC to get. I want one mainly for outdoor excursions on trails, etc. where it's not so convenient to be pusing a stroller!

Hello preggos and mamas! Any updates?

Miss Summer took her first steps last week!!! She is still mostly holding on to things to cruise around but is certainly getting more confident! She also is starting to say a few words! She's been saying Dada for a while, but is starting to understand Dada is DH. She made her first attempt at mama last night and CJ heard it too :) she also shakes her head no, and uses it A LOT to express her displeasure. She is sooooooo feisty. Very mischievous and knows what she likes. She is also very musical and will stand on her tip toes to play the piano! And only 10 months old today...it blows my mind.
I still waffle between wanting another baby NOW and waiting, but I do know in my mind the best time to get pregnant again is next Summer.

OMG...I'm WTT again!

I'm doing well. Sitting at the doctor now for another 2 week check up. One more than I'm on to weekly's. I'm starting to get shooting pains in my cervix as Sam dropped last night. He has found my ribs but he isn't up there much unless I'm laying down. No one thinks I'm going to make it full term except me but now I'm not so sure. We've purchased everything we need we just have it all sitting in a spare room which isn't good. I have a lot of work to do.

You'll get it all done, Jess! We have larger items like our crib, stroller, play pen, etc. all sitting in a spare room as well. Hoping to get things together soon, but because our nursery was completely renovated, it's taking little longer. We still have to buy a new dresser. We were going to use an old one, but decided it's pretty well done, so are going to just toss it and start fresh for baby.

I have caught the cold that the kiddos have been bringing in lately, and am not enjoying it! I hope to rest up a ton this weekend and be feeling better by Monday. Fingers crosses! Stuffed up sinuses and a sore throat are not fun.

We still don't have everything - we need more clothes for sure, but have showers coming up. Once those are over with, we'll go out and get the last minute things! I feel like I'm needing them now, though, so I can be fully prepared!

I'm so excited for us I can't believe how close our due dates are. Sam's nursery is done we are just waiting on a recliner and it will be delivered Wednesday. Everything is washed and put away or organized into boxes or bins so that's a relief. We just need to pull the car seat out and install it and pack my hospital bag and we're ready.

We are down in Florida now. DH mom was moved into hospice so we are checking on her then going back up to Georgia to wait for the funeral.

You're ahead of me! I hope to have the crib set up next week, but we still need to get a rug, blinds, a dresser, and put everything away! Sounds like a lot, but we'll get it done in a weekend I am sure. I have been thinking about getting the carseat base installed soon, too... you just never know!

Sorry to hear about your MIL, thinking of you.

Jess and Puppy, how are you both? Jess, so sorry to hear about your MIL. Hope that whatever happens, that it's peaceful as much as it can be. Any feeling that babies are close to being here? I had a real gut feeling from very early on that I wouldn't make it to my due date (Josie arrived 37+5 or 37+1 depending on whose due date you believe).

Will have to do a proper update soon, but just felt I should check in tonight and see how those babies were doing. Josie is just over 8 months now. She's crawling and starting to pull up to try and stand now. She has her first two teeth and I think is probably starting to teethe for the top two as well (she also has her second cold of the past few weeks, so she's just generally grumpy, so hard to tell really!). We are starting our first visits to her nursery (daycare) on Tuesday. We're just going for 45 minutes so she can play and meet the other babies, so it's not like I'm leaving her yet, but seems like she is growing up so quickly. She'll be starting nursery officially in a couple weeks (but just 2-3 mornings a week until I need more time to work). She's so funny though and I can't believe how fast the past 8 months have gone!!

Glad to hear you and Josie are doing well!

I think he's coming soon but I don't want to get my hopes up so I'm trying to keep it off my mind. If he's late I could still have 4 weeks left. Just want my little guy here so I can snuggle him. :)

I am kind of feeling the same as Jess - definitely feeling changes in my body in the past week. No rush though, I still have a lot to get done at work before I'll feel comfortable being off! Once that is done, anytime would be welcome!

He's here! Here is my birth story! So I went to the doctor at 8:30. I was dilated to 4 cm but no contractions. Doc said I could wait until Monday to be induced and he did a sweep then put me on the fetal monitor for an nst. Sam's heart rate looked great but I thought I was having contractions about ten minutes apart. Doc said yeah but we both agreed that it was probably a result of the sweep and it would stop. So we left the doctor at about 11 and got some breakfast. When we got home I started timing them and they were 5 minutes apart. So I started walking and bouncing on the ball. At about 2:30 they started coming at about 2 minutes apart and lasting a minute long. I hung out at the house until about 3:30 and they got so intense I started freaking out. I called my mom and she said I needed to go to the hospital. So I got checked again at 4pm and I was only a 5. I was really disappointed but stayed at the hospital and walked the halls and bounced. I felt like I was having good contractions and they were getting even worse. I was having a ton of bloody show and I felt like I must be dilating really well. At about 7 the contractions were getting really hard to get through and I asked to be checked again. I was only at a 6. So from 10:30-7 I had only dilated 2 cm. I was gutted and decided to get the epidural for a few reasons. One was the nurse said that I wasn't dilating because you have to relax completely during contractions and it was really hard to do. The other was my mom told me it would only get worse. Plus I was so tired and I just wanted to rest. I was afraid if I kept going like this that when it came time to push I would be to tired and end up with a section.

Man epidurals are amazing! It didn't hurt to get it, the iv hurt worse. I also liked it because I had it turned down where I could still move and feel my legs. So I got the epidural at about 8pm and I went from a 6 to a 10 in about 2 1/2 hours. It was fantastic. Even pushing wasn't that bad and I got him out in about 45 minutes with a second degree tear.

He was born at 11:25 on Halloween at 8lb 10 oz measuring 20.5 inches and he is perfect I'm every way. He is such a good baby and is very alert but sleeps and eats really well. We are having some struggles latching but we are getting through them and he is eating really well.

I am so in love! I'm also so pleased with my birth experience and would do it all over again.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
OH WOW WOW WOW!

Completely perfect x So glad you are both doing well x

Congratulations, Jess! He looks absolutely perfect! You'll have to keep us posted on how the latch comes along - are you getting some help with that?

I had an appointment this morning, and was offered a sweep, but because I am still 4 days before my due date, I said I'd wait for now and see if it happens naturally. Just finished my last day of work as well, so am ready for baby anytime now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->