4 Ladies Makin' Babies!

Nothing interesting going on in Hawaii.

A little over a week before I start looking for OV. I'm not going to start temping till next week, I just needed a break.

2 wks before vacation! Let the count down begin!

Hola Lilly! Ah. Not all weekends are fab. Mine was actually pretty mellow. I had a very unusual terrible headache Saturday, and it ruined everything. (Because I of course still went out, with a headache). Sunday we actually had a performance, so I am incredibly swore today because I hadn't done one in weeks, and presentations are like 150%- lightning speed. I have to admit, Oscars and bread pudding was the highlight of the weekend. Lame.

Ok. SO. I have a super dumb question that I know y'all will know the answer to, or at the least: direct me towards the answer....

How long does it take for an egg to 'land' in your uterus? And, once it does land, is it just too late?

I'm kinda just not getting that part. And I most clearly don't know BD proper terms enough to research the question.

(yes. i know. i'm terribly behind with my info)(stop judging me)

Not a dumb question.. I had to look this up, too, once I started ttc.

So your ovulation day, the egg busts out of the ovary, right. The end of the fallopian tube is sorta attached near the end of the ovary, and does these rhythmic contractions that pull the egg down into it. They are also lined with cilia (little fingerlike protrusions) that "wave" with the motion of the tube, and propel the egg down into the uterus.

THAT being said, it takes something like 5 days for the egg to journey down the tube, and another one or two to implant. That's why if you look at charts that show an "implantation dip", that dip usually occurs between 7 (fast egg) to 10 (slow egg) days post-O. The dip is caused by a brief estrogen surge that results from the egg implanting. It is also partially caused by the slow decrease in progesterone (makes your temps rise), as the corpus luteum (leftover egg follicle) stops producing it somewhere around the end of your luteal phase. Your temps stay high with a conception cycle because the implanted embryo starts producing its own progesterone and eventually hCG.

*whew*

Also: I enjoy that I am the bitchy devil smiley :haha:

EDIT: sorry, I forgot the second part of your question. The egg only has about 24 hours to get fertilized, or else it kind of dies. So, you can BD up until 1 or 2 days post-O, but after that you're pretty much out of luck. Even if the egg makes its way to your uterus, and there's sperm there, it needs to be fertilized right when it pops out or no dice. Similarly, there's not much you can do to "encourage" a fertilized egg to implant. Sometimes, it implants in a less than optimal spot (in the tube, on your cervix, etc) and that usually leads to a miscarriage. Nothing at all you do can influence that. So yeah, if you BD after 2dpo, it's usually just for fun at that point. :)

How long does it take for an egg to 'land' in your uterus? And, once it does land, is it just too late?

I'm kinda just not getting that part. And I most clearly don't know BD proper terms enough to research the question.

(yes. i know. i'm terribly behind with my info)(stop judging me)

I'm more of a visual person

:dohh: geez that sounds like SO much work. if my mans sperm is anything like him..., they'll 1) get lost/forget where they are going, or 2) 'think about it' while they visit and investigate my uterus, and ultimately get lost/forget why they're there. :dohh:

pitty.

SO: why do you want a longer luteal phase? it would seem that has no barring on the baby-matter..?

note: Since Texas found that deer she's been MIA.... I have a suspicion that the deer is no longer with us :gun:

note: Since Texas found that deer she's been MIA.... I have a suspicion that the deer is no longer with us :gun:

Well she IS from Texas.. all cute critters are food to Texans, apparently. :haha:

Well, the reason you want your luteal phase to be at least 10 days long is because you need the progesterone from the corpus luteum to last long enough to support the endometrial lining. When the CL stops making progesterone, your lining starts to shed, and bingo-bango you get your period. SO, if your luteal phase is too short, you could in theory lose a perfectly good fertilized egg because the lining is already shedding. You want to give the egg those 10 days to implant and get comfy and start making its own progesterone, so it can stick.

Sooooo, Thayet, when are you testing?

I am going to freely admit that I tested yesterday, only to rule things out in case FF got my date wrong. But since I put in my "almost positive" OPK, it seems to have made up its mind.

I'm going to test on Sunday (since my LP is usually 12 days long). Unless AF shows up first, in which case it's pointless. I am not getting excited about this - too much other stuff happening to worry about!

You should be O'ing soon, yes? You girls with your short cycles.. ! :growlmad:

You know what.. I was totally re-reading Texas' TTC journal, and I'm kinda gettign the deal with the Vitex stuff.

She noted that her luteal phase was LONGER the previous cycle, AF was a day later, AND that she OVd sooner than usual as well. I'm thinking that CD15 might not be the case this time. I should aim at CD13... Which also means I should be MAJOR BD'ing right now. Shoot. Regards luteal, I was days late this past cycle, remember?

Ugh. I need to pull out my calendar and charts. Wah. There went sleeping soundly tonight.

Regards your week, I am totally cheering for Canada- that's a first. I will say, that the most prominent happenings announcing pregnancies thus far have been totally random and DIFFERENT cycles. SO, I am watching you like a HAWK right now! :shock:

I was not killing/eating any cute movie critters. (I did kill a spider after it landed on me in traffic. I normally throw bugs out the window, but all bets are off if they land on me.)

I have just been :sleep: (or thinking about sleeping). Or eating.

You guys are good at explaining things.

I was not killing/eating any cute movie critters. (I did kill a spider after it landed on me in traffic. I normally throw bugs out the window, but all bets are off if they land on me.)

I have just been :sleep: (or thinking about sleeping). Or eating.

You guys are good at explaining things.

Ugh.. one time I was exercising at home (I know, this was before I got lazy) and went to take a drink from my water bottle, that I had left on the elliptical. A huge ass spider (that was residing happily inside the straw) hit the back of my throat and I spewed water EVERYWHERE and hadn't exercised since (until this morning). GROSS right?

Anyways I am glad to hear you're doing well, tx, and not eating adorable forest creatures :D

@Snackimals: :sex:!!!

WOW.
You and Lil are like TTC Sesame Street. Thanks!

:haha:

Ugh.. one time I was exercising at home (I know, this was before I got lazy) and went to take a drink from my water bottle, that I had left on the elliptical. A huge ass spider (that was residing happily inside the straw) hit the back of my throat and I spewed water EVERYWHERE and hadn't exercised since (until this morning). GROSS right?

OOOOOMG! I would never drink out of a straw again after that! :argh:

Have either of you, Lil or Thayet started any new vitex, fertilaid, etc, type of supplement? Or prenatal?

Have either of you, Lil or Thayet started any new vitex, fertilaid, etc, type of supplement? Or prenatal?

I tried evening primrose oil to help with EWCM, but I ended up feeling like I had swallowed a hard boiled egg and it was stuck between my boobs and upper stomach. That lasted 2 days and it hurt! So I've decided not to take any more and just stick to upping my water intake and maybe try a different cough medicine. I was using Mucinex (expectorant, so yes, right kind) but didn't really see a difference. Thinking about trying Robitussin.

I've been on my prenatal since November.

I've thought about trying vitex or fertilaid but with everyone saying it changes the length of their cycle, i don't want to do that right now. I just want to see if my cycle will regulate on it's own, naturally, first. Gonna give it 6 months at least.

Yeah I don't know if my current cycle is longer because of the Vitex or not.. I take a daily prenatal, nothing fancy, and 800mg of Vitex. Cough syrup makes me loopy, so I might avoid that, but I'm using Preseed to make up for any ewcm shortages that might happen. I did up my water intake significantly and that's helped.

I was chatting with one of my friends on Saturday.. I know they've been trying to have a kid for a few years now. She has Chrons disease, which complicates things, but apparently her cervix is also very narrow and twisty (this is a thing?) and his sperms have low motility. Talk about a basketful of issues.. I feel badly for her.

I was just wondering. Thought I could ask y'all about that, and what you're dealing with. (I'm going to try Robitussin)

I had no idea that cycles were often not 28ish days. Mine are so crampy and horrible, I just never thought a good thing about it.

I'm not very well on what doses of what are in my Fertilaid. Mind you, I have taken the tags/labels off my containers, so I can carry them in my purse. I have to take it 3 times a day, so I don't need that rolling out and showing up somewhere :nope:

On a side note: I feel like the 'bump watch' is totally ON in my social life. Good God. Everywhere I go I get harassed about 'Maybe your pregnant?' 'Hows the baby making?' So, when is there going to be a junior?' , people that know me- obviously. But really, I just came back from the gym... this bodybuilder dude that manages the place or something, greets me and says 'You look tired today!' I responded that I've had a crap time sleeping a few nights, he replies 'Ohhh! Maybe its a baby!' UGH!!! Seriously! A dude! A TOTAL dude! :dohh: I'm starting to just want to hide out in big baggy clothes, cuz I wont tell you how bumping in to my seamstress went on Friday night... lets just say, good thing it wasnt a fat day and my underwear were normal.

Well, I guess that's the good thing about being pudgy...people don't DARE ask you if you are pregnant lmao...no one wants to be wrong and seem like they are just calling you fat! You skinny girls...people look at all the other "clues" and figure it's a 50/50 chance.

But I know I wont be safe when we go home and are around family! :dohh: It's BECAUSE of the extra weight that I've put on that I'm SURE they are going to ask. And my aunt is the type that will KEEP asking even if I say no! She'll keep going "are you suuuure?" And by the 3rd time I will probably strangle her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->