4 Ladies Makin' Babies!

Today is my late day...
I am stuck at work for another 2 hours. And I got this horrible egg-salad sandwich for lunch. So, I am starving- because I never eat food I don't actually enjoy and I have no time to seek alternatives. Apple and a lemonade will have to do. I'm gunna be so grumpy by 7! It's gunna be dominatrix status tonight! Rawwwrr!!!!

Ugh, spreadsheets. Pizza gets my vote. 1-Pizza, 0-Spreadsheet.

Man, Texas has become VERY popular with her Prego Journal! Wow.

Where is Lilly today? :(

I am lurking ladies. It's been a busy day at work and now I'm in a meeting. Tonight i will have to study for a midterm I'm taking tomorrow.

I am lurking ladies. It's been a busy day at work and now I'm in a meeting. Tonight i will have to study for a midterm I'm taking tomorrow.

Boo exams. When I wrote my last exam ever, I went out and got really, really drunk. Such a great feeling.

I feel like I'm missing a lot of the chatting that goes on in the journal area.. I'm not able to keep up with more than one or two threads at once on this board thing. You ladies are a LOT OF WORK. :coffee:

@Thayet: After what you did for Costco Bride, we are cake :cake:

So, when are you testing again? I forgot.

... aaaand I just almost posted something snarky about the pregnancy journal section, and didn't, because I realized it would probably offend someone.

You guys, this is going to sound so incredibly self-centered, but I think I delete more than I post in here lately, at least about ttc stuff. I think it might be time to maybe step back a bit and try not to be the asshole who is incapable of being happy for anyone else. :shrug:

I think you are being crazy! What's in that pizza anyways?!

I'm sure I am just as bit an asshole as you are, trust me :) We just have our moments. So what.

Rant:
Yesterday I got a totally random text from a girlfriend. I've known her since we were in 4th grade, so she has a lot of seniority in my life.

She kinda, (kinda means A LOT), pissed me off for Christmas when she bailed on my highly anticipated and very organized and planned Fem-Fiesta I host every year. She bailed hours before it started. And, she came up with excuses that made no sense, and didn't even 'coincide' with each other. Basically, I knew she had never intended to make it. I have to really limit my invites because I have games and prices, and a $35 gift exchange game (white elephant), so her absence was a major burn. And, I kinda new her new man wasn't going to let her come, he is clearly really controlling. Shes changed a LOT since they wed a year ago. Hadn't heard from her since.

She text and just says 'Hey. How's married life? Guess what?'
I think we can all guess 'what' and we can agree that she's not the least bit interested in how I am doing, but rather wants to show me 'what she can do'... Ugh.

I had every mind to tell her "I dont want to guess, and clearly: I know. And, wait for it... I dont care."

I tried to convince myself of everything possible, to be nice. I thought, wait maybe this is cool, maybe I can ask her how long they were trying or gosh maybe she knows some trick or has some cool method she can share, we can be friends at a totally new level...

Of course not. She followed the Guess What with: "I'm 9 weeks! Totally unplanned. LOL. We were going to wait another year."

KILL ME. Seriously, shoot me!

Am I to really believe that no one on this God forsaken earth plans the birth of any human being walking on its surface!!??? Like, EVER! All my fucken friends, relatives, neighbors, all impregnated thru the miracles of God, even if they are the worst people ever! Ugh!!! Why cant people just be honest! (i was seriously cussing her out with my man).

Reality, she TOLD me early last year that she was having to reconsider her plans to have no more children (she has 2 from a previous marriage) because her neo-husband wants his own biological kids (plus, she married a kid a decade younger than her). I was surprised because she sure had talked a lot of crap about how she wuold never have more kids because her daughters were everything... bla bla bla...
So, in my book: they've been trying, and she knows it.

The combination of her stupid sudden text & the actual news really ruined my evening....

I finally got it together enough, 1 hour later, and after sexytime, to text: Congrats! From both of us. I know you'll have really hot babies, you guys are gorgeous (the last part is true.)

So there. I get crazy. I take my time, I don't lie- I never said I was happy or anything, then I just move on. I'm too busy and cool to care really, that's kinda the sum total. I care about me, but not about me in comparison to anyone else.

Right now, I just hate that everyone lies so much about the topic. EVERYONE.

And, added note, being on here with Texas really helps me... she is the only NORMAL pregnant woman I have ever met. And she admits it, and we talk about it, and shes supportive. I might be more bitter if she had been different. Shout out to Team Texas! Woot Woot!

Seriously. Your post just said EVERYTHING I was feeling. All at once.

I think I love you. <3

That's why ttc drives you crazy - anything else in the world, LITERALLY almost everything else, you can obtain or achieve through sheer force of will and hard work. BUT NOT THIS. :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

PS: your stupid friend and my stupid Costco friend could totally flake out together. She told me about her pregnancy pretty much the exact same way - after a long, extended absence full of ditching plans. Neato! EDIT: her husband sounds like a total douchebag.

lmao you guys are hilarious! and i can relate on soooo many levels! when my old school buddy told me she was preggo i sure thought maybe we could connnect on the ttc level but she trumped that idea with a quick "oh you just make a "deposit" at the right time". i just thought yea, well all of us cant be so lucky because ive had "deposits" made at the ''right'' time and nothing! So i just said my congrats and moved on. My one saving grace from completely not hating her is that she said they've had one miscarriage.

You guys! Tonight OH and I (somewhat begrudgingly) met a friend out at a comedy club (one if the smaller venues in town). Tig Notaro (one of my favorite comedians) did a surprise show! :cloud9: I have never in my life been at the right place at the right time for something like that. (Well, I did technically accidentally kept OH from seeing a surprise Metallica show at a tiny venue because I said there was no way it was really happening, but that's another story...) It was so awesome. :thumbup:

Anyway. Sorry to interrupt. Back to your regularly scheduled programming!

You know Texas, I am also a die hard Metallica fan... Our first dance, at both weddings, was Nothing Else Matters. I don't know how much I like your behavior right now :sulk::sulk:

Wait...Snack what are you doing on here? Shouldn't you be somewhere with your legs up?

All done :)
Got home after 7. Took my syrup, waited an hour... Barabing baraboom. I'm currently waiting for my tea to steep, and maybe I can convince my man to make me some tacos.

You people and your tacos. I eat tacos like... maybe twice a year? We do have this one friend who is SUPER into Mexican food, and he has us all over for dinner every cinco de mayo. The first year he made everything so spicy we could hardly eat it. :wacko:

How's everyone doing today?

:flower:
Hola!
Tacos (and burritos) are just so practical. You can roll anything up in a tortilla and chow down, no utensils needed. Plus, at my house, there's always 'extras', like homemade salsa, Mexican sour cream, avocado, chopped up onion and cilantro... You can make any meal a fiesta :happydance: (im such a foody)

Today is ok thus far. I went with Chai, although I am aware that the caffeine in that is not that much less than coffee. But, hey I'm trying. I had awful sleep again last night, so I need something. I will compensate with 60oz of water. For reals.

TTC updates: I had some mild cramping on my right side (ovary) late last night. I didn't test this morning because if it is a straight positive, I'm gunna get anxious and there's nothing I'm going 'to do' about the positive at the moment. BD after work today, either way.

I'm feeling pretty cool about this cycle. It's actually exciting to just know the Fertilaid is doing its job, and that for the next cycle I can count on an earlier O day.

Thayet, what's your update? (Cycle wise)

@thayet:
I just chart-stalked you... you could be testing you know. I'm just saying.

:flower:
Hola!
Tacos (and burritos) are just so practical. You can roll anything up in a tortilla and chow down, no utensils needed. Plus, at my house, there's always 'extras', like homemade salsa, Mexican sour cream, avocado, chopped up onion and cilantro... You can make any meal a fiesta :happydance: (im such a foody)

This sounds like a Olde El Paso commercial or something! We *do* like tacos, but we rarely have all the stuff to make 'em with. Plus, since I basically stopped eating most dairy.. just not the same. :cry:

9dpo for me today. Waiting until Sunday to test - no temp drop yet but last month my temp didn't drop until 11dpo. Not feeling super optimistic. :shrug: Plus, now we're talking about building a house, and if I got a bfp the house would totally be on hold.

I honestly don't think caffeine will do much to hurt you, especially if you're not in the 2ww already. It's the whole "keep doing what you're doing" theory, right? If you exercise, keep doing that. If you eat healthy, keep doing that. I figure caffeine fits into there somewhere (at least some).. the only exceptions being maybe smoking and drinking.

Gosh. I just cant give up dairy, or eggs... I have tried. And failed royally. Kudos to you. I actually don't eat red meats, and generally run an animal meat free diet, but I do not identify as vegetarian, because I will have turkey or chicken or fish on occasion. I dunno, I just have this respect for animals- especially if they have vaginas and give birth like I would, so its not like I'm trying to be cool. I hate people that flaunt being veggie or vegan. Ugh. Bite me.

I'm cheering you ON for testing this weekend!! AHHH! You kinda just crept up on me with your cycle! Cant wait to hear the verdict, regardless of the outcome, really... But of course hoping for the best!

*SEE!? I respect you! I wont push testing sooner!

Gosh. I just cant give up dairy, or eggs... I have tried. And failed royally. Kudos to you. I actually don't eat red meats, and generally run an animal meat free diet, but I do not identify as vegetarian, because I will have turkey or chicken or fish on occasion. I dunno, I just have this respect for animals- especially if they have vaginas and give birth like I would, so its not like I'm trying to be cool. I hate people that flaunt being veggie or vegan. Ugh. Bite me.

I'm cheering you ON for testing this weekend!! AHHH! You kinda just crept up on me with your cycle! Cant wait to hear the verdict, regardless of the outcome, really... But of course hoping for the best!

*SEE!? I respect you! I wont push testing sooner!

:haha:

Oh see, I can give up dairy no problem.. but take away my cow meat, and I will stab you with a fork. All meats, really, are delicious. I make a triple-meat spaghetti sauce (ground beef, smoked sausage and bacon) that I swear is the reason DH married me. One time, we ordered a pizza, and the guy on the phone was like "what do you want on it?" and DH goes, without missing a beat, "everything that used to have a face and a mom". :blush: Needless to say, vegetables don't make it onto our pizzas..

I'm so blah right now! I just feel like I don't have anything to talk about because it's another week before I start using my OPKs. Plus I'm working hard at work :thumbup: With vacation coming up there are things I need to wrap up and not fall behind on. I don't want to leave any loose ends while I'm gone, so that's another reason why I'm not on much right now.

Snack - your timing really seems on point this month, very promising :thumbup:

thayet - the longer we go through this, the less I push people to test early...but that don't mean I'm going to wait! lol...if it wasn't for vacation, I'd probably start testing way early again this cycle, but I've promised myself I'm not going to take my test with me *biting my nails*. Anyway, can't wait till Sunday to see your results, FX'd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->