4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

ooo dilek we started at the same time!!! hows the down regg going? are you doing anything special with this ivf or any advice for me.....i really want it to work this month and am taking my vits...tryingto exercise...are you going gym?

Hope it works for you too! fingers crossed all the way.

Just wanting to pop in to say hi to everyone and to wish you all luck with your IVf, ICSI journey.

2010 is going to be your year ladies:happydance::happydance:

My thoughts are with each and everyone of you :hugs::hugs:

Hey Brooklyn - how are you? Hope you had a good holiday - did you go away?

I've been down regging for 2 weeks now, was hoping it would only be two weeks but been bleeding for 7 days now, they say this can happen but gonna phone clinic tomorrow because I've got a really dull ache in my tummy and feeling very bloated, also my fingers and legs keep turning blue that might be because it's so cold here though :dohh:. Started down regging on cycle day 21 - looks like different clinics start it on different cycle days.

We get one free full ICSI cycle on NHS also they will fund treatment with any sucessful embryos until all used as they will only put one back at a time, fingers crossed I'll have plenty.

Trying4ever and Dilek- I'm hopefully startings stims on Wednesday next week - have down regging scan on Tuesday next week - looks like theres a few of us at almost the same stage x

Hi Caline - how did it go today? Hope all is well. How was the hotel - that was a great idea x :flower:

Hi MisMonty
Just thought I'd pop in and say that on both my cycles I have had to DR for two and a half weeks. I also bled for over 7 days - much heavier than my usual 2 days period - and I also felt crap with bloating, headaches and general 'blah'. But when I rang the clicnic they said it was nothign to worry about - and it seems I just take a bit longer than other girls to stop my body form working (which is bloody ironic!!).
At both supressed scans I still had some fluid so they made me carry on with DR for a few more dyas before starting stimms.

Its crap to drag it on further - cos I know the headaches are a killer - and I really hope that you will be able to start stimms straight away hun - but if not - its nothing to worry about sweetie.

Crossing fingers all goes well with you - just wanted to put your mind at rest that its normal.

bx x x x :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

ps Miss Dilek - so this is where you have been hiding - I miss you over in journals!!!:hugs::hugs:

Hi Beckic, thanks so much for that - I have been worrying and feeling very negative at the mo, felt really poorly today but dragged myself into work, my regular AF only lasts 3 days at the most. You've defo put my mind at rest - thank you x :hugs:

I have to say ladies i think i must be abnormal cos i feel totally fine on DR drugs, i did last time too. Have teaken syneral in june and suprecur this time. I think i must be very lucky, only thing i hate it the injection in the leg which seems to hurt most times, i preferin the tummy :)

ooo dilek we started at the same time!!! hows the down regg going? are you doing anything special with this ivf or any advice for me.....i really want it to work this month and am taking my vits...tryingto exercise...are you going gym?

Hope it works for you too! fingers crossed all the way.

Are you still sticking with Homerton or have u changed clinics?
Im just taking Pregnacare and ive cut out caffeine out of my diet.
DH is on Wellmans

Im still at the gym and going hard at it, cause i know how much weight i put on last time and im still trying to lose the weight i gained from my surgery.

Good luck

Sorry Beckic ive been hiding, I finally got rid of DH today and ive got me time. I do feel guilty sending him out on the ice.

News with me is that, i was on cd2 when i started my 1st downregg injection and the nurse said to me that my period might be heavier or last longer. Well it didnt and it was gone in 3 days and now she is back. Its only been 5 days since she left. Quite bazare that i havnt had a period for a year and shes in full force twice in 2 weeks.

I have noticed im getting snappy and ive had one or 2 hot flushes. It is hard to pierce through my tummy to inject.

Sorry if this post is all over the place ive been up since 6am trying to get Travelodge bargains.

Ohh I should be stimming on wednesday as well. I wont be having a downregg scan. Lucky me

Hi, Just wondering for those that started DR on CD21, how long after starting DR did you get your bleed. Is it in line with a normal cycle? I know its a longer bleed but just wondered roughly when it will start. I started DR on Saturday and I would usuallly expect the bled this weekend (kinda hope it waits til Sunday/Monday though as I have plans for Saturday :winkwink:)

Hi everyone!

Time for an update.......

I had my egg collection and the outcome was good. They got 20 eggs! The procedure wasn't too great. The sedation wasn't enough and I could feel it. I was drowsy and kept on saying that it hurt, and they just carried on. I spoke to the nurse that was in the room afterwards and she said that the anaesthatist increased the infusion that was sedating me, and after a few more very painful stabs I must have drifted off. I don't want to scare people and I am sure this doesn't normally happen but it wasn't nice and I feel quite upset and angry about it. The egg collection was the bit I had been dreading and everyone had reassured me that I wouldn't feel a thing and I feel really let down.

On the up side, we had a call from the clinic about an hour or so ago and 17 eggs have fertilised!! We had ICSI in the end as the sperm were looking lazy, and they injected 17 eggs (as 3 were immature), and all of them fertilised!!! We are looking at sat or monday for the transfer.

Had to start putting the suppositries up my bum this morning and that was non too pleasant!! Lol.

Thats great caline..
i have donated eggs before and i asked everytime for them to increase my dosage as i had nightmares about waking up or feeling stuff during the procedure.

next time you can let them know to give you a higher dose from the beginning

good luck for transfer

caline, that's great news! so many fertilized eggs, it's fantastic.
Dilek- they told me today at the clinic that having a second bleed soon after starting to down regg is a really good sign.

I went to the clinic today- day 2 to start the down regging. Looks like I have to take something called aygestin for a week as well- the nurse said it's a form of progesterone that prevents cysts while down regging. Anyway, i take that for two days alone and then add the Lupron, which is an injectible down regulator, on Saturday. I'm scared for the injections and of course the side effects of it. Has anyone had insomnia while down regging? Ugh, that's never fun.

Caline thats great news hope all goes well with transfer.

Im wth you chocci with the no side effects on down reg, well the only thing i have noticed is on a night i cant sleep with covers bit strange seem as though its -5 on a night.

im waiting for af to turn up so i can ring hospital to go fro bloods etc, to hopefully start stims really thought af would of been here today has anyone else found that it was delayed when dr???

That's great news Caline, and glad that the weather didn't affect you.

Caline... thats fantastic news.... looking good! Not long to go now... for hopefully a BFP!!!

Thanks Girls. I must admit I am very pleased with things so far, although I never get my hopes up, I try and be very realistic so to avoid too much upset if it all goes to pot.

Tonight I feel quite bloated. I understand being bloated is normal to a certain degree but they told us that I am at greater risk of hyperstimulation due to the abount of follicles. Not sure when bloatedness reaches the point where I should tell them. I feel ok and am drinking loads. No nausea, but I do have more discomfort in my tummy this evening.

Hmmm, not sure. Guess I'll see how I feel in the morning. I am feeling very windy so maybe this I the cause of feeling bloated. Anyone else had this day after egg collection?

brooklyn, I did have disturbed sleep while down regging. More like waking up at 3am and not being able to get back to sleep til 6!

rosie-come on AF!!! The only time we like to see the :witch:!!! Lol

Hi Dilek, havent been referred to the homerton...nhs os so slow! We decided to have a private cycle whilst waiting for nhs. I had heard from a friend that she had to wait 10 months before her treatment at homerton from the time that she was referred...thats crazy.

Side effects of buserelin...apart from headaches...i am really trying to drink loads of water...taking cordial top work cos i get bored of water....i also noticed am not sleeping too well......am really tired...sometimes cant wake up in the morning but also wake up in the middle of the night...have had a few nightmares....i have to say i hardly ever dream but this week twice at least i woke up to a bad dream :( cant rem details...just know i was scared!

I'm blaming it on the drugs.

Caline, I am so excited for you. I have my fingers crossed and quietly holding my breath that all goes well for you. I feel so anxious for you. Are you going back to work tomorrow or have you taken time off? Really awful about the EC....its good of you to share experience cos not many peopel talk about bad experiences as i didnt think that could happen...so i'll def tell them to up my dose!

MissMonty and Dilek.....seems like we are around the same stage of IVF! We all started on cd2 for DR? Hopefully will be stimm next week but depends on the scan for me........

Congratulations on the great fertility report Caline :yipee:. Sorry to hear the EC wasn't very pleasant, sounds terrible. With the amount of fertilised eggs you have, you wont need to go through that again. Keep up your fluids and hope you feel better soon! Are you getting 2/3 day transfer or 5 day? Best of luck, not long until you're PUPO now :dust:

Good luck to all you lovely strong ladies in your varying stages of treatment and IVF. Wishing you all lots of sticky dust :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->