4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Caline, great news about the fertilisation. Are you guys going to blasto stage or just a day 3 transfer. Im so happy for you. Those suppositories are fun aint they. I had to switch to vagina cause it was causing diaherria for me. But then the other way u get loads of it discharging out. They are sooo gross.

Tryingforever- waiting time at homerton depends if you live in hackney and city. I do so i dont get a wait time. Im sorry about that, dont know why its like that. But its nhs for you isnt it.

Brooklyn - thank you for reassuring me, I didnt bother calling the nurses i just thought it should be ok. But it does seem like af has gone really light.

Chocci- did Af turn up girl? She better have.

Rosie - I also am really hot at night, and Dh loves it cause im his radiator in bed.

Tryingforever-I am of now until a week on sat, so another week. My GP gave me a sick note to cover collection and transfer. Be very careful about haivng a private cycle before NHS treatment, as I am pretty sure you won't get the NHS funded if you've have prevuously funded a cycle yourself.

Doodar, I am going to try and discuss my experience with someone when I go back. If the anaesthatist had come in to apologise to me then I'd feel better about it. I don't want to kick up any fuss as we may have to have further treatment there, but I think they should know about it.

Lioness, we get a call in the morning on day 3 to tell us if we're haivng a 3 or 5 day transfer, so we won't know til sat. Obviously the 5 day is what they aim for but all depends on quality of the embies (assuming they all make it that far). What is PUPO? Sorry to be thick!

Dilek, the supps are horrible! A lady shouldn't have to put her finger up there!!!! I have some disposable gloves and some KY which makes it a bit more comfortable, but look forward to being able to put them up the other!

I am still very bloated and have some aching in my abdomen higher upunder my ribs. It is uncomfortable. I think I am going to have to call the clinic later just to make sure its all normal.

We are stressing out again about getting back to the clinic. It is snowing where we are again this morning. We live up a massive hill and won't be able to get out if it snows too much. We could really do with out this added stress!!!

Thanks Noddysgirl :D. PUPO = Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise!!! :hugs:

he he, thats funny.

Update today is that we have 13 grade A embies and 1 grade B. Also 3 others, 2 of which seem to have maybe stopped dividing at 4 cells, and 1 at 5.

Well chuffed and we are looking at day 5 transfer at the moment!!! All good.

Ah, thanks Doodar. We ar chuffed but obviously there's a slight element of risk to wait til day 5, so fingers crossed XX

How's things going with you?

Hey caline, thats really good news! Fingers crossed for you x

Anyone else? Hows the DR going? I still hate doing it every morning....I have a little tantrum then get it over and done with. I get OH to inject sometimes but sometimes he does it slowly and that hurts even more! I tell him just to jab it in...but then he doesnt cos i'm saying 'ouch' before the needle goes in and he says he doesnt want to hurt me so hes doing it gently! AArgh..... bless. Then other times i'll jab it myself and then let him press the drug in if you know what i mean. I did it in tummy the first time and got quite an allergic reaction! I though that was it but then i did it in leg ...got a reaction but less and less and now finally i dont think i get one...maybe my bodys got used to it?

Tryingforever, I'd recommend tummy over leg. I found it far less painful. Everyones different though, but I have heard other people saying the same.

Hi ladies - I hope everyone is ok.

Great news Caline :happydance: sounds like everything is going well, how exciting :happydance: sorry to hear about EC, how horrible for you :hugs:

I feel like I've been down regging forever!! I've finally stopped bleeding after 10 days, phoned clinic in the week, they told me it was a good sign, that when your body has down regulated it can often bleed for longer that usual. So finger crossed all is ok. Got next appointment on Tuesday so find out then when I will start stimming.

Hi Trying4ever - DH has been doing all my injections in my leg, I've been putting some ice on my leg for a while first and it hasn't been too bad, I've had no reactions other than it has bleed a few times, clinic advised us to do the injection at the top of the leg and told us for stimming we had to do injections in top of the leg rather than tummy x

hey everyone,
I've done two down regg injections so far, and no major side effects yet, I just feel very tired and out of it. When did you start getting the hot flashes, headaches, etc? I'm waiting for it to start, but hoping that it might not...
how's everyone else doing?
Caline, when do you have your ET?

brooklyn, I didn't really get the hot flushes n stuff until towards the end. Christmas Day was the worst! lol. Once I started stimming they stopped.

MissMonty, glad the bleeding has stopped. So do you get a blood test today to make sure you have down regged, then when will you start stimming?

The transfer went well yesterday. We had one very good quality blastocycst put back. The embryologist said that just before the blasto implants it kind of collapses a bit, and that this one was at that stage. We have some others but she seemed very confident that this one would stick, so went for one.

I am waiting for a call this morning to tell us how many wehave to freeze. She said maybe about 4 or 5. People say thats really good, but what happened to my other top 7?!? Lol.

I still have the terrible bloating and pain, but she said my ovarys are huge and that I am still at increased risk of hyperstimulation. Well, I already have it mildy but she said its vital for me to just rest and drink loads.

A question for you girlies who have been through cycles, is it normal to feel totally and absoulutely shattered??

caline great news about the blast. 7 is a great number to freeze. i guess the otehrs have died.
the reason why you get so tired is because of the drugs and your body has been working time producing all these eggs

i really hope you get your bfp this month, hopefully 2 weeks will fly by..

Thanks Doodar and Muncho! Got a call from the clinic today saying that we have 3 more embies to freeze, which makes 7 in total :wohoo: The last 3 are not quite as good as the first 4 but she said they are still good and totally worth freezing!

Well, I look 6 months pregnant today according to my Sis. I am drinking tons but not peeing as much so am getting a bit concerned now. I am hugely bloated! Unless I get breathlessness the clinic don't want to know!

I am still off work, but sick note runs out tomorrow. I am not due back at work til Saturday but have to tell them tomorrow if I am 'fit for duty'. Mmm, not sure what to do about that.

Doodar, we just got a 'kit' from DH's GP for the SA and just had to phone the local hospital and book a slot to take the sample in. It seems a long winded process with your Drs?! Is it the GP you are going through?

Caline

i donated my eggs a few years ago for my sis ( 3 times) and each time my tummy was really really bloated/swollen. Once iu had to ring the clinic because as you said i look preg. thye said it was normal and to wait a few more days as it should get go back to normal. It was uncomfortable to walk - are you the same?

hope you feel better soon and great news about your other 3 embryos. Will you be resting after transfer? if so youll need to extend your sick note wont you ?

woohoo 7 thats brilliant. Yep I agree with muncho, get that sick note extended and rest rest rest. Think I would give work a miss at least until you are feeling more comfortable and less bloated.
Yes hubbys SA is through our gp they gave us the forms over a month ago but he said we had to contact path lab to get the pot from them so when I did yesterday, they said they couldn't release one without a referral letter from the gp. Anyone would think I was asking for gold, all I wanted was a bloody plastic pot. Anyway nothing I can do now except wait AGAIN!!! getting used to it now.x

OMG!! Can't believe that. I have worked in GP surgeries and they always have specimen pots! DH used the same kind as for a urine sample. If I were you I'd phone the GP surgery and tell them you just need the pot and can you go and pick one up? If I was working I'd be more than happy to post you one, but as I'm off sick I can't. I am frustrated for you!!!! I've never heard anything so stupid. Unless the lab think you are just doing it without GP's go ahead?

How frustratingly pathetic Doodar! They have pots on the desk at my GPs surgery ready to take! I can get hold of one, I would too post it to you if u wanted! Probably be a darn sight quicker than this farce which is your PCT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->