4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

just wanted to wish u luck Caline... yes.. u will feel tired so take it easy... also please watch the OHSS.. rest and drink lots and if gets worse go to doc...

all the best and hope to see your BFP soon!:hugs:

YAY Caline - thats great :happydance: wishing you lots of luck, make sure you take it easy and only go back to work when your ready :hugs:

Had appointment today and I'm fully down regulated :happydance: had a scan to confirm this and also they did trial ET today too, starting stims tomorrow and have next appointment on Monday next week. Starting to feel nervous about the whole process now.

Hope everyone is ok :hugs:

Hi - just wondered what time of day did people use menopur? Morning or evening? Really confused at the moment - the paper details we have tell us to injection this in the evening but nurse today told me it is ok to injection in the morning at the same time as burserlin. Probably worrying over nothing and I'm sure if nurse said this is ok it must be, just wondered what others did x

Doodar, I am certain you can just get a pot from the GP. Maybe call and just speak to a receptionist. Sometimes they know more about these things than the GP's!

Lilly123, thanks for the luck, and also massive thanks for starting this thread. It is great to be able to share each step with others that are doing the exact same thing. So, thanks. I am drinking tons as they said that was all I could do to stop it worsening. I am averaging 3 1/2 litres a day!

MissMonty, thats greats news!!!:happydance::happydance: Well done!! On to the next step now, yay! Try not to be nervous, you'll be fine. Just think about the step you are at now, and not too far along. Thats what my clinic told me and that really helped. They don't really discuss the next step in too much detail and that helps as you can just focus on the task at hand!

Just seen your post about menupur. I had Gonal F and as long as it was once a day at about the same time it could be anytime. I did it in the eve as this is what clinic suggested.

Thanks caline, we'll be doing the injections in the morning, we've both got a few commitments in the evening this week and next with work. I haven't told work and it has been a little difficult at time. Don't really like the idea of doing two lots of injections and then rushing off to work.

I hope the next two weeks go quickly for you and you start to feel better very soon x

Hey Caline thats great news about the ET. Fingers crossed for your 2ww. Def try to take the two weeks of sick.

MissMonty great news about your baseline scan too.

I had my baseline scan yest and it wasnt good. I feel so depressed about it...didnt want to talk about it but I will now that I am here. My lining was too thick at 10mm.....they think I havent responded to buserelin and my lining has started to grow as normal.....have to carry on taking buserelin and also take provera....this is sooooo messing up my cycle....if my body has ignored the buserelin then why couldnt they just have gone with my normal cycle and just give stimms after my normal AF??? Of course by 2 weeks lining will get thicker!!!!!! I am soo annoyed at having to continue DR for another 2 weeks. I'm going back 6 steps.....everyone that started after me will have had their IVF and BFP even before I start at this rate :( I dont have a good feeling about this IVF for some reason.

Hun dont worry about anyone elses cycle, it will do your head in. Ive heard of ladies downregging longer, and im sure usual down reg is 3 weeks but the min can be 2 weeks. So hopefully by next week you might have responded.

Im sure your clinic might be able to do something about it, a switch of drugs maybe?

Welcome to IVF torture as i call it, we all have to be strong cause every part of our body is analysed and it can make us go mental.

I have been downregging for 2 weeks for nothing, my body was already downregged 2 weeks ago but cause of the labs being shut im having to do inject suprefact. We can never know or plan these IVFs... it all changes all the time.

I think its quite common not to down reg that fast. We were told about the possibility of having to carry on for longer.

It must be frustrating but they really know what they are doing and it is their job to give you the best chances of this working for you. Try and stay positive and think that this extra bit of time spent on this stage will hopefully give you a better outcome of the cycle.

I have phoned in fot for duty for saturday. I just have to see how this OHSS goes. I could be loads better or I could be worse. There's just no telling. Had made a GP appt for this morning but decided just to see how it goes. Only thing is, sat is a night shift, so 11 hours normally on my feet with no break. Mmmm, not sure I'll be good for that!

Hi everyone

i was wondering if you could help me. i just had my drugs delivered and was hoping you can confirm if i have the following storage details correct:

menopur: room temp
ovitrielle (HCG injection) - FRIDGE
cycolgest: room temp
busrelin injection: room temp

Have i got this right??

Thanks

Caline, congrats on being PUPO! It's so amazing that you have all of those frozen embies.
Missmonty, good luck starting the stims. It's exciting.
Dilek, are you also starting stims today?
Trying4ever, they also told me that I could be down regging for 3 weeks at least if I'm not fully there by two weeks. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for that although I know it will be tough.
Muncho, when do you start the buserelin, or have you already started?

As for me, I'm just in the down regging holding pattern. I've done four injections so far, and no noticeable side effects as of yet, which is good. I actually felt really good yesterday.
I've been trying to get in the habit of drinking lots of water every day because it sounds like that's going to be important during stims and EC/ET time. I'm also trying to cut back on coffee, though it's hard. I'm down to a cup a day, but I'd love to cut it out entirely once I start stims. Has anyone else cut out caffeine? What do the doctors say about in in the UK?

Caline, congrats on being PUPO! It's so amazing that you have all of those frozen embies.
Missmonty, good luck starting the stims. It's exciting.
Dilek, are you also starting stims today?
Trying4ever, they also told me that I could be down regging for 3 weeks at least if I'm not fully there by two weeks. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for that although I know it will be tough.
Muncho, when do you start the buserelin, or have you already started?

As for me, I'm just in the down regging holding pattern. I've done four injections so far, and no noticeable side effects as of yet, which is good. I actually felt really good yesterday.
I've been trying to get in the habit of drinking lots of water every day because it sounds like that's going to be important during stims and EC/ET time. I'm also trying to cut back on coffee, though it's hard. I'm down to a cup a day, but I'd love to cut it out entirely once I start stims. Has anyone else cut out caffeine? What do the doctors say about in in the UK?

I am starting on Monday and yes the docs here say the same about caffine and water. good to hear you havent got any side affects yet xx

Hi ladies

Hi Trying4ever, this IVF business is so difficult and full of mixed feelings and emotions. Please try not to get disheartened :hugs: I was down regging for 3 weeks before starting stims, I had to wait longer as although AF was only one day late the bleeding lasted for 10 days so this delayed things for me. Everyone reacts differently to the meds, I hope everything will work out for you and I'm sure all will be ok by your next appointment :hugs:

Hi girls

I had baseline scan and i am down regged, no suprise there as i was ready 2 weeks ago. BUT my right ovary is swollen. Recons its from my surgery 7 weeks ago, as my surgeon looked at right ovary at the time and it was normal. They think now i prob wont respond well there. I really need to respond cause last time we got 6 eggs,5 were thrown out and we were left with 1 good egg to fertilise.

Im going to remain positive, cant let it defeat me already.

I do have the option to start stimms tonight or keep downregg and pray the swelling goes down. My consultant wants me to start stimming tonight. Im lost.

Hi ladies...

Caline... so happy for you! Absolutely great about the 7 embies to freeze!!! Fantastic!!

Dilek... i really feel for you... sending you 'anti-swelling' thoughts... hang in there!

Brooklyn1 - i have done 3 injections on down regg so far and no side effects as well. have also been told will most prob be down regg for 3 weeks! Just trying not to think of a whole 3 weeks and thinking more one week at a time!

MissMonty, good luck for stimming!!!

Hey Muncho...did you not have a baseline scan? Good luck for the stimms on monday x

MissMonty great you can start stimms!

Dilek....that is an awful dilemma.....but does the dr REALLY know you...your body? I can see what you all are saying about down regging for longer and I have bought myself round that maybe it will help the cycle better.

The nurse at the clinic called me to take provera for 5 days and then when I stop I will start bleeding so shed that extra lining so we get back to baseline....I'm sure in 2 weeks I would have automatically started my usual AF and then be to 'baseline' again...form the lining point of view. But have to carry on with the Buserelin injections...still hate...I really cant seem to get used to it :( The other problem that I have is this cyst on my Right ovary....I had about 5 follicles/cysts on each ovary but the right had a BIG cyst...abit confusing ...but anyway, the clinic told me to have the trigger injection tonight and that will burst the cyst (!) so since I took that tonight...I predict I will have a painful Friday :(

So in summary the trigger will get rid of cysts, the provera will make me bleed prob next week so in 2 weeks time from yesterday, I will have to have taken buserelin for 4 weeks (!) I will fingers crosed go for my baseline scan again and THEN start stimms if all well.....I wonder what will happen if its still not right? Will I carry on DR or just go ahead with stimm and IVF?

Brooklyn/ Breeze I hope the DR is going well for you both. When do you go for your baseline scans? I havent cut out caffeine completely....I have about 2 cups of tea a day. Not really strong.....just feel like a hot drink in this cold weather!

You got the pot!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

At last! Think you should make a point of letting someone know about your experience with the lab.
Hope your headache gets better and works not too tiring.

Tryingforever, it does sound like they are trying to speed things along by getting you back to baseline. Will they increase the buserelin dose given that it didn't work on this cycle? It does all sound a bit confusing but there Drs really know their stuff.

This 2ww is turning out to be a weird time. Its strange knowing that I have an embryo inside of me (hopefully it hasn't fallen out), and that it could be doing its thing. The OHSS symptoms have been better today which doesn't reassure me, as they did say if I got pregnant it was likely to worsen.

Does any one know when I'd start producing pregnancy hormones? I mean I've skipped the 7-10 DPO that it takes the ferililsed egg to travel from tubes to uterus. IN my mind it might be 7-10 days after ET?

Caline, I think you need to wait til 10 days after the trigger shot as that could give you a false positive. FX for you!
Did you clinic give you a test date?

The 23rd is my test date. I am not going to do a test before then.
Just thinkin the OHSS symptoms going is a negative sign, thats all. I'd feel more reassured if I was still extreemley bloated and in lots of pain!!

Hi girls

FX for you caline hope your feeling ok wih the ohss.

doodar your dr's seem strange what a waste of money???:shrug:

this is were im at....:witch: arrived on friday so phoned hospital and got booked in for baseline scan on monday and blood test, had a bit of a trauma, between 2 nurses and 4 attempts they could not get any blood out of me? so had to go back wed, had baseline im hoping you girls can help with this..... my lining was 3.5mm....is this good?? but i had 15 follicles on left ovary less than 5mm and 18 on right less than 5mm drs didnt tell me what this meant, i got told to start stimms that night, but the nurse rang me to ask if i was taking metformin when i said no she said normally with my ultrasoud results i should be on it but it gives me really bad side effects so she said its ok dont bother wih it, ive worried all mon and tues about this and have decided to take it.

What side effects did you get when on menpur? i spent all day yesterday crying for no apparent reason is this normal??

sorry for the long post girls xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->