4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

hi ladies,
Missmonty, I'm crossing my fingers for your embie. Definitely enjoy this week, and remember, even if you're not feeling like you're sick, it is important to rest and relax, so you deserve to take full advantage of the week.

Breeze, good luck at your scan tomorrow, you're about ready to start Stims!

Muncho, I can't wait to hear about your scan tomorrow. Fingers crossed there's lots of follicles.

Caline, I hope you're doing ok and looking ahead to the FET. It's so hard, but it's great you don't have to go through the whole process again.

Lynseyology, now that they know you need the short protocol, things should be much smoother next cycle. It will be here before you know it.

I had my last scan before EC today. I am so ready for EC- feeling a little bloated, but more so just sore and achy in the ovary area. I know they told me I won't ovulate on my own, but I'm freaked out about it because I feel pain like ovulation and today I had tons of EWCM...I guess that's normal? Anyway, EC on Wednesday, and they counted about 10 follicles over 16mm today. We'll see how many are actually in there. Tonight we do the big, scary needle in the butt trigger shot.

hello ladies

had to come and say goodbye as my ivf/fet journey is over for now at least. I phoned up 2 weeks ago after working myself up all day, about using my last 2 frozen embryos when they nicely told me i have to pay (so wish they had told me after my miscarrage that i wasnt allowed anymore NHS treatment). i lost my job just before christmas so really cant afford it at the moment. we are going to pay to keep them in storage for a year and see how our finances are hopefully i can get a job soon as what little savings we do have are going fast.

I want to say thanks to everyone for all the support you've given me. It really helped a lot to talk to people going through the same as me because non of my friends really understand.

i will be checking in once in a while to see how your all getting on and will be around the site as a friend has offered to be a donor so may try a few home insemination (not defo yet a lot of talking needs to be done first)

want to wish you all best for your treatments and hope to see many more :bfps: from this thread :dust::hug::hugs: xoxoxoxoxox

hi ladies,
Missmonty, I'm crossing my fingers for your embie. Definitely enjoy this week, and remember, even if you're not feeling like you're sick, it is important to rest and relax, so you deserve to take full advantage of the week.

Breeze, good luck at your scan tomorrow, you're about ready to start Stims!

Muncho, I can't wait to hear about your scan tomorrow. Fingers crossed there's lots of follicles.

Caline, I hope you're doing ok and looking ahead to the FET. It's so hard, but it's great you don't have to go through the whole process again.

Lynseyology, now that they know you need the short protocol, things should be much smoother next cycle. It will be here before you know it.

I had my last scan before EC today. I am so ready for EC- feeling a little bloated, but more so just sore and achy in the ovary area. I know they told me I won't ovulate on my own, but I'm freaked out about it because I feel pain like ovulation and today I had tons of EWCM...I guess that's normal? Anyway, EC on Wednesday, and they counted about 10 follicles over 16mm today. We'll see how many are actually in there. Tonight we do the big, scary needle in the butt trigger shot.

Sending lots of good luck to you xxx

Hey Brooklyn, I hope all goes well on Wednesday - wishing you lots of luck. I was really worried about the trigger shot, we got the vials out the fridge 15 mins before and good job we did as it took DH that long to prepare it - not because its difficult to prepare but because he was so nervous about spilling any, but all was fine. Actually I was really surprised as it was not too bad at all, many of the stimming jabs were worse!! I hope all goes well x

Wrightywales - I'm sorry things have been put on hold for you - wishing you lots of luck foe the future :hugs:

hello ladies

had to come and say goodbye as my ivf/fet journey is over for now at least. I phoned up 2 weeks ago after working myself up all day, about using my last 2 frozen embryos when they nicely told me i have to pay (so wish they had told me after my miscarrage that i wasnt allowed anymore NHS treatment). i lost my job just before christmas so really cant afford it at the moment. we are going to pay to keep them in storage for a year and see how our finances are hopefully i can get a job soon as what little savings we do have are going fast.

I want to say thanks to everyone for all the support you've given me. It really helped a lot to talk to people going through the same as me because non of my friends really understand.

i will be checking in once in a while to see how your all getting on and will be around the site as a friend has offered to be a donor so may try a few home insemination (not defo yet a lot of talking needs to be done first)

want to wish you all best for your treatments and hope to see many more :bfps: from this thread :dust::hug::hugs: xoxoxoxoxox

Thanks writy for your best wishes, we went through our 1st cycle back in May last year. God doesnt time fly by, but it always feels like its dragging. I hope you can save real quick and be reunited with your FETs.:kiss:

hello ladies

Thanks writy for your best wishes, we went through our 1st cycle back in May last year. God doesnt time fly by, but it always feels like its dragging. I hope you can save real quick and be reunited with your FETs.:kiss:

thanks hun. yes time does fly and a lot has happened to us both since then. its been a crazy journey that i hope i can continue which ever way we decide to go about it but for now its just me and hubby enjoying life as we did before. i do wish u all the best and will check your journal to see how your getting on
:kiss::hug::hugs:

Hi ladies.. i desperately need some advice... well i had my scan today to check if i was ready to start stimm... and alls well so the nurse gives me info for stimming. Im on Fostimon. Nurse did not mention anything about storage. Got back into my car and put the boxes on the seat next to me... passenger seat. However, as i drove home, one box fell to the floor under the feet compartment. I didnt think anything of it and had the heating on. About 20 mins later i got home, picked up the box and noticed that it was really warm.... and then read the print that said store below 25 degrees... i paniked... ran inside to fetch my temp gauge... and took the temp of the box... considering that i had left the hot car into the cold outside, the temp was 22degrees. I opened an inside box and took the temp of this and it was 18 degrees. So now im paniking that the temp of the box could have been over 25 degrees!!! any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like a real idiot!!! ive totally lost me head!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!!!

hi breeze, is the Fostimon a tablet that you dissolve? If so, I'm sure it's fine if it was in a higher temp for an hour or less. I think the ones that need refrigeration are more sensitive- the tablet ones they probably mean that you shouldn't store in a really hot room for an extended period. Maybe call a pharmacy to make sure?

We did our trigger shot last night- ouch, it kind of hurt. But it's fine now, and I've just got to wait until tomorrow's EC. Can't wait for this part to be done.

Thanks for your reply Brooklyn1...Ive got the tablet type that dissolves in water given in the box.... is it just me or does common sense just seem to vanish when on ivf!! Good luck for EC tomorrow!!! Ive got everything crossed that hopefully you will have some good eggs!

Don't panic! I think it will be fine. From my nursing/midwifery experience if a drug is to be refridgerated, it is ok out of the fridge for a short period of time, and some drugs are ok for like 28 days out of the fridge. I think the main thing is, NOT to freeze them! I think that can damage the drugs.

I would give the clinic a bell tomorrow just to reassure yourself, but I am sure it won't be a problem.

MissMonty, hope your 2ww is going ok, and you're nice and chilled.

Brooklyn, good luck for tomorrow. How was you trigger shot? I got lots of side effects, but mainly sore boobs, and diet adversions (sweet stuff and tea). Hope you are feeling well and ready for big day tomorrow.

I am feeling a bit more cheerful today. I have been reading about FET. I am interested to know what drugs are used, and if they have any side effects. Think I will get cyclogest again, and possibly some oral oestrogen too? Bad news is we have to wait 3 bleeds before we can even book it. Then I will have to down regulate befrore, so am probably looking at April before I get my blastie put back. Thats tooo long :growlmad:

My consultation is not until March 1st! I could have had an earlier one, but the March one is with a very good Dr (so the receptionist said). I may call and try and speak with a nurse just to clarify the wait time.

Hi all, well we went to the hospital for a scan and blood test to see if I had responded to the upping of the stim drugs but unfortunately things had not progressed as they should, although things had got bigger and the womb lining was thicker we were told it had not come on enough and therefore the treatment has ended. The Doctor informed me that i need to wait for another period and then start the short protocol but this was not confirmed and I have to book a review appointment. I am very disappointed but trying to look at this as a 'false start' and they just got the dose wrong. :cry:

hi really sorry to hear this..what drug and dose were you taking if you dont mind me asking?

Hi ladies

Caline - Iis great you're feeling a bit better, you can focus on your appointment now, I think I would like to start sooner too although remember that February is a short month and after the end of this week you've only got a few weeks to wait for your next appointment :hugs:

Brooklyn - wishing you all the best for today I really hope all goes well :hugs:

I'm still sitting in bed!! Feel so lazy. Can't believe EC was this time last week, I feel its gone really quickly, lets hope the next couple of weeks fly by too!

Hope everyone is ok :flower:

Hi,

Well i guess im back here... we had IVF last year which was successful but unfortunately lost her at 24 weeks due to Hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain)

We had two frozen embryos from the first round of IVF which I think must be to blast stage since at day 3 they said they would check them the next day or the day after to see how they were doing since they were a bit slower than then rest of the embryos (that we had put back in). They said they would only freeze them if they were excellent and were lucky enough to receive a letter 2 weeks later to say two had been frozen so I guess they are really good. We have an appointment on 8th Feb to go back to the clinic and talk about having these thawed and put back in (FET) (depending if they thaw ok of course)

I gave birth on 10th Jan and i'm still waiting for my period which if on time I guess will be due around 6th Feb?

Can i ask a few questions?

Is it possible to have your first period after birth 28 days after?

When would they put the frosties back in... around ovulation time?

What medication do you have to take and for how long before FET?

What meds do you have to take after FET, progesterone?

Do you have to have had a period before they can do FET?

Would you do a fresh IVF cycle or try the FET?

If FET doesnt work, how long after can you start a fresh IVF cycle?

I would very much appreciate ANY help and advice... I know plenty about IVF but little about FET having never been through it!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies...

Thanks to Brooklyn1 and Caline for reassurance about medication. i rang clinic and they said its should be ok! Had my first stimm injection today... quite fiddly with mixing etc... but hope that it should get easier as the days go by. Got scan on monday to see how i respond!

Brooklyn1, thinking of u today and hope that EC went well!

MissMonty.. wow its been a week already for EC for you! That has gone quickly. How are u feeling now? is it 5 days post ET for you?

Caline... i agree with MissMonty, Feb is a short month, it will already be mid month next week!

Sammy2009, so sorry, cannot give any info on FET, but im curious as well so any info that gets given to you will be interesting to loads of people! So sorry to hear about the loss of ur lil one!

Ok ladies... another question for you...

Its about having sex during ivf protocols.... during down regg... well with the loss in libido, tiredness etc, no chance of bd happening.

Was looking at some research on the net and came across a study that encouraged bding during post ET, saying that exposure to seminal fluid actually made embies stay... and i quote
'the proportion of transferred embryos that were viable at 6–8 weeks was significantly higher in women exposed to semen compared to those who abstained'... just wanted to ask if anyone had heard of this before??
link is https://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/15/12/2653

i heard this too but i dont know if its true. I dont know anyone who has bd after transfer

will be good to see what people think..

Hi,

Well i guess im back here... we had IVF last year which was successful but unfortunately lost her at 24 weeks due to Hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain)

We had two frozen embryos from the first round of IVF which I think must be to blast stage since at day 3 they said they would check them the next day or the day after to see how they were doing since they were a bit slower than then rest of the embryos (that we had put back in). They said they would only freeze them if they were excellent and were lucky enough to receive a letter 2 weeks later to say two had been frozen so I guess they are really good. We have an appointment on 8th Feb to go back to the clinic and talk about having these thawed and put back in (FET) (depending if they thaw ok of course)

I gave birth on 10th Jan and i'm still waiting for my period which if on time I guess will be due around 6th Feb?

I would very much appreciate ANY help and advice... I know plenty about IVF but little about FET having never been through it!

hi

so sorry to hear your news :hug::hugs::kiss:

i had FET on a natural cycle so had no drugs before or after transfer. i got a + opk on the wednesday and they transfered 2 embryos on the saturday. i did get pregnant but miscarried at 5+1 so i think it is well worth a try. i have 2 frozen embryos left and will be having FET again as soon as i can afford it.

xxxxxx

Hi,

hi

i had FET on a natural cycle so had no drugs before or after transfer. i got a + opk on the wednesday and they transfered 2 embryos on the saturday. i did get pregnant but miscarried at 5+1 so i think it is well worth a try. i have 2 frozen embryos left and will be having FET again as soon as i can afford it.

xxxxxx

Thanks hun... it does seem to be the case that quite a few of these FET's that I have read end in MC sadly. Its worth a try like you say... as long as you know there is a chance of this happening then at least you are a little bit prepared. I am not taking meds at the moment and testing with OPK's just in case. Do you think then that there wont be any meds? Do they not give you any to change the thickness of your uterus? I have read this so now im confused... I guess many countries are different with their methods :hugs:

hi ladies,
back from my EC. It went well- got 10 eggs! I'm still feeling out of it because of the anesthesia. It was strange being under for 10 minutes- it felt like going into a really deep sleep. I'm trying to drink loads of water now to prevent OHSS, although they didn't mention that I'm at risk for it. Now I wait until tomorrow to hear the fertilization results and ET should be either saturday or monday.

breeze, glad you got an answer from your clinic about the meds. It does get easier doing the mixing. That first night Dh and I were a mess, but we got a lot better by the third night.

That's strange about BD-ing during the tww...my clinic definitely says no sex until the blood test. I think it's because they don't want to risk an infection during that time.

Sammy, sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck with the FET.

Hi,

hi

xxxxxx

Thanks hun... it does seem to be the case that quite a few of these FET's that I have read end in MC sadly. Its worth a try like you say... as long as you know there is a chance of this happening then at least you are a little bit prepared. I am not taking meds at the moment and testing with OPK's just in case. Do you think then that there wont be any meds? Do they not give you any to change the thickness of your uterus? I have read this so now im confused... I guess many countries are different with their methods :hugs:

no they gave me nothing but there is nothing wrong with me its all MF. i have heard some1 on here say they had a medicated FET but cant think who.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->