4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Breeze i'm so sorry to hear AF showed up :cry: I think our luck has run out on this thread :cry: I did a 2 tests today and they are both :bfn:

Caline, the estrace is an estrogen medication in tablet form. According to the nurse I spoke to, studies have shown that an additional estrogen during the luteal phase (after ET) improves the pregnancy rate. Good luck on your appointment tomorrow!

Do you get any side effects from it? I imagine this is what I will have for FET? I take some kind of oestrogen tablets instead of stimming. Just a bit worried about side effects as its something I haven't had before. Thanks.

Tryingforever, so sorry to hear you have BFN's. Was today your official test date?

Trying4ever,pls dont lose hope yet.... Im not going to hang up the towel just yet!! It aint over till its friday and the blood test!! Ive still got some spotting but its getting lighter! Yay... I think! Anyways, ive decided to wait till friday for the blood test! I think doing a test and seeing a BFN would be a nitemare so im just gonna hang in there till the blood test or till af hits me full blown! Trying4ever you hang in there with me girl!!! It aint over till its af over!!

Breeze and Trying4ever, I'm thinking about you both and crossing my fingers that it's just spotting!

Breeze said:
Milana welcome to 2ww!! Peartree,how far are u with down regg? I also found injecting myself mentally easier than hubby doing it, i think for me its having more thinkinh about the process rather than the needle going in!
I'm on Day 20 of down-regs. Gosh - it's actually gone by quite quickly! I have my baseline scan on Thu, and start stimming on Fri if all goes well.

I hope the spotting is a good sign for you. It's still early days yet! :dust:

Trying4ever - sorry to hear it's a BFN. When is your actual testing date? Don't lost hope! :dust:

Millana - welcome!

Hi, im an old member of 4 leaf clovers, we had IVF which worked and then at 20 weeks the baby was diagnosed with Hydro so we had to terminate at 24 weeks.... :cry:

We have to go for an appointment on 29th March to have a scan and start a new plan but I can't wait that long... ovulation will be around 19th March so we are going to miss it by over a week and won't be able to start the new plan until April.

Does anyone know when in your cycle you can have an FET? We have two embies on ice and i just want to get it over and done with.

The waiting is killing me....

Sammy, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

Could you have a natural cycle of FET on this period? If you were to have medicated then you would have to wait anyway, for down reg etc. I would give your clinic a call and speak to a nurse and explain that you would really like to try on this cycle.

We have been told that our clinic is researching whether FET is more sucessful with meds of without, as no one really knows. What clinic are you at? Only ask as Oxford are running a trial on it. You don't pay for the meds but then you don't know if what you are taking are the actual drugs or placeebo's.

We had appointment yesterday and everything has gone back to normal after OHSS. We are booked for medicated FET and I start down regging on 15th March. We opted out of the trial as I don't have much faith in my body's own hormones etc and feel more confident about taking the drugs and having it all controlled for me.

We have also opted for SET. We had decided that we would have 2 transferred but the consultant said we have a 30% chance of twins as our frosties are blastos. We decided we would rather have a few rounds, if necessary, to hopefully get a singleton pregnancy, rather than take that risk of twins.

Here we go again.....

Caline, the estrace is an estrogen medication in tablet form. According to the nurse I spoke to, studies have shown that an additional estrogen during the luteal phase (after ET) improves the pregnancy rate. Good luck on your appointment tomorrow!

Do you get any side effects from it? I imagine this is what I will have for FET? I take some kind of oestrogen tablets instead of stimming. Just a bit worried about side effects as its something I haven't had before. Thanks.

Tryingforever, so sorry to hear you have BFN's. Was today your official test date?

Hi Caline,

I personally have not experience any effects since taking it. But it would be worth researching. How was your appointment?

Trying, I am so sorry about your BFN.

Sammy, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

Could you have a natural cycle of FET on this period? If you were to have medicated then you would have to wait anyway, for down reg etc. I would give your clinic a call and speak to a nurse and explain that you would really like to try on this cycle.

We have been told that our clinic is researching whether FET is more sucessful with meds of without, as no one really knows. What clinic are you at? Only ask as Oxford are running a trial on it. You don't pay for the meds but then you don't know if what you are taking are the actual drugs or placeebo's.

We had appointment yesterday and everything has gone back to normal after OHSS. We are booked for medicated FET and I start down regging on 15th March. We opted out of the trial as I don't have much faith in my body's own hormones etc and feel more confident about taking the drugs and having it all controlled for me.

We have also opted for SET. We had decided that we would have 2 transferred but the consultant said we have a 30% chance of twins as our frosties are blastos. We decided we would rather have a few rounds, if necessary, to hopefully get a singleton pregnancy, rather than take that risk of twins.

Here we go again.....

hi hun and thanks for replying.... its nice to know someone else is about to go through this as well.

We live in Holland since i moved from the UK several years ago so you wont know the clinic but they gave us IVF and were pretty good. I was on the 10 day protocol and they do things very different here... i was always calling them to say things like "ìn the UK people stay on progesterone suppositories until the first trimester... la la la" and they were always telling me that this is how its done here... well it seemed it worked i suppose.

OH has called them again today and we have to call back Monday to ask the doctor if he can squeeze us in sooner... we wont know anything more til then. I dont know if we can do medicated or not but they will have a way that they consider best and so i will have to go along with whatever it is... i will take their advice if i have the option on what they think is best... probably medicated though i reckon... nobody wants to take that risk even if its only a little lower.

We have two blasts on ice as well... at the 3 day mark when i had the transfer they said that the others were a little behind and that they would monitor them and check them again on the 4th day to see how they were going and that they write to us to tell us if any made it to freeze. They did say that they would only freeze if they were of a very high standard, virtually perfect so we never expected any to make it... 2 did though so now we know these are great embies. That doesnt mean it will work though... i ahve read people before having fab embies and it failing and others slightly fragmented and they have taken so there is no telling. It depends of course how they thaw out in the first place. This worries me....

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Very positive that you have 2 blasties on ice Sammy. They do only freeze the very high quality ones so I have faith that they will thaw ok and be suitable for transfer.

Have been thinking of you - hope you are doing ok. Sounds like things are moving forward which is great.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Very positive that you have 2 blasties on ice Sammy. They do only freeze the very high quality ones so I have faith that they will thaw ok and be suitable for transfer.

Have been thinking of you - hope you are doing ok. Sounds like things are moving forward which is great.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi Cuppy!!!

Things are a bit better now... allan has just about come out of his depression and we are busy doing some home improvements for the first time since Shaylee was born. I think we need to also focus on this and get things moving with both the house and the baby. We still need to collect Shaylees ashes, nobody ever mentions it. Sometimes I think that i dont want to either in case everything goes depressive again but i know we have to soon.

I am praying the blasts make the big thaw! All this again... i cant believe our bad luck really!

How are you... are you in the process of IVF again hun, i havent been on here for a few weeks so i am a bit behind with things... :hugs:

I just love your cat... its gorgeous... is it a Siamese? We have a seal point Siamese called Ziggy.

Well ladies i caved in and did a test.... it was negative!!! I have been spotting slightly on the weekend and yest. It stopped last night. Tested this morning and its a negative. Ive got my blood test on friday... so im trying to hang in till then but my hope is dwindling fast!!! im on day 14 post EC... my af should technically be due today. Ive had a 5 day blasto transfer so im only 9 days post ET. Caline, you had a 5 day transfer, when did u have ur first faint positive?

has anyone else had 5 day blasto tansfer... how many days post transfer did you get your positive???

Sammy, I know what you mean about having to go with the flow of your particlular clinic. Oxford only give progesterone supps up until test date but are adamant that they don't do anything after this time, only delay the inevitable. I hope the clinic can fit you in asap. You're chances are good with the blastos, so stay positive. :thumbup:

My sis went through a loss similar to yours. Her little girl had Down's and she lost her at 22 weeks. When they finally went to collect her ashes they had a little ceremony (about 6 months after her funeral), and sis now says it was good to do as she was so numb at the funeral. I know everyone grieves differently and you just have to do whats is right for you and your DH :hugs:

Breeze, I am very sorry that you got bfn. Thats just rubbish and I really feel for you. I got faint positive 9 days post transfer (14 days post EC). What kind of test did you use? I got bfn on internet cheapies and clearblue digital, and got thr faint bfp on First response early result. Then by 12 days after transfer got positive on the digital and cheapie. I swear by FRER! I personally wouldn't rule anything out until I had done one of those, and use first urine of the day.

Thanks for your response Caline... i used a First response test... it didnt say anything about early detection on it... i think it was just a standard first response test. is there such thing as that?
i think im just expecting the impossible now and clutching at straws! Its a negative!!! cant do much about that!!! im so sad.

The FRER ones are more sensitive that normal early response. Normally boots sell them.

Sending lots of :hugs::hugs: It is so rubbish to have to go through all this for it not to work. Sooooo rubbish, but you will pick yourself up from this and be ready for another go, it will just take a bit of time. :hugs::hugs:

AF came late this morning... heavy and painful! Thats it... an official end to my ivf cycle! i just wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful ladies on this thread... your support through all of this has been amazing! I will be back for my next round when i have recovered from this cycle... until that time i think im gonna have a break from baby n bump. I wish each of you success in your cycles and a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->