4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

ihavefaith, whats a SiS scan? Will this be your first cycle?

HevTT, how's the stimming going?

Hey HevTT - welcome. OMG - your ex - what a twat! :growlmad: I'm glad you've found your soulmate now. :hugs: Ooo...think we're quite close in our cycles - I started stimming last Friday, and EC is scheduled for next Wed!

Lynsyology - I'm glad you're starting another cycle - I hope all goes well for you this time. Been tracking your journey through your hubbie's thread. :hugs:

Hi Caline... Are you starting your meds tomorrow? What protocol are you going to be on? I was on a short 10 days protocol with my last IVF. Do you think it will be the same with the FET? We havent got our appointment to talk to the clinic about this until 29th March so there has not been much point coming on here much.

HevTT, OMG, Can't believe your ex did that!! Why when you were in hospital??? What a t**t!!!! Anyway, these things happen for a reason.

Let us know how its all going? Fingers crossed for you X :flower:

Thank you all for your kind words :thumbup:

Things are doing ok for me just now....I have egg collection in the morning (I've to be at the hospital for 7.30am!!!!).

The scan on Wednesday showed that my womb lining was 12mm, my left ovary had 4 follies and my right had 3 (most being around 15mm but a couple a little bit bigger). When I went back on Friday, the lining had gone up to 18mm, one follie was 22mm, another 20.5mm, another 18mm and the rest have kinda stopped growing. I had my last stimms injection on Friday night and my follow-up last night. So it looks like we'll get maybe 4 follies and I'm hoping to get some eggs from that....kinda disappointed that there was not more but then again, it only takes one!

I'm not really nervous or worried and surprisingly I am not excited either....it feels like it is not happening to me....almost like I am going through the motions but it is not really me....very strange!

Still have no idea when embie transfer will be, but then again, that is dependant on whether I get eggs to fertilise in the first place :/

Hev x

HevTT, OMG, Can't believe your ex did that!! Why when you were in hospital??? What a t**t!!!! Anyway, these things happen for a reason.

Let us know how its all going? Fingers crossed for you X :flower:

Thank you all for your kind words :thumbup:

Things are doing ok for me just now....I have egg collection in the morning (I've to be at the hospital for 7.30am!!!!).

The scan on Wednesday showed that my womb lining was 12mm, my left ovary had 4 follies and my right had 3 (most being around 15mm but a couple a little bit bigger). When I went back on Friday, the lining had gone up to 18mm, one follie was 22mm, another 20.5mm, another 18mm and the rest have kinda stopped growing. I had my last stimms injection on Friday night and my follow-up last night. So it looks like we'll get maybe 4 follies and I'm hoping to get some eggs from that....kinda disappointed that there was not more but then again, it only takes one!

I'm not really nervous or worried and surprisingly I am not excited either....it feels like it is not happening to me....almost like I am going through the motions but it is not really me....very strange!

Still have no idea when embie transfer will be, but then again, that is dependant on whether I get eggs to fertilise in the first place :/

Hev x

Hi Hev, don't worry too much about not having more follies for retrieval. Sometimes, the quality suffers when they go for the quantity. The sizes of your follies look great and I am sure of best quality as well. Good luck!!

Hi Sammy, I started down regging today. I am on a long protocol, so down reg for about 3 weeks, then oestrogen pills for about 2 weeks, then transfer.

Not long now until your appointment. I hope you can start straight away. Wating is horrible and frustrating. :flower:

HevTT, thinking of you today, how did it go?

Hi Lovely Ladies

I'm gutted :cry:

Egg collection yesterday went really well......we had 9 follies that had 7 eggs. dIt wasn't the most comfortable procedure for me since one of my ovaries is not very accessible. When I was home last night, I was getting really sore - felt like a really bad period cramp but constantly there (only allowed to take paracetamol for it)....I suspect it was probably bruising inside.

This morning I am still a bit sore but it is insignificant in comparison.....just had a call from the clinic to tell me that none of my eggs fertilised (out of 7, not even 1). They have no idea as to what as gone wrong...it looks like the eggs are immature and yet the scans and retrieval indicated that everything was doing well. I was in too much shock/anguish to ask any questions, we have an appointment in the morning to discuss things...I just fell lke I'm in a trance just now :cry:

I dunno what happens now :nope:

Hev x

a SIS is the u/s where they put the saline inside the womb to make sure theres no fibroids etc,...and dont end up cancelling the cycle. :)
We just received our timeline in the mail, and got a call for our meds. First u/s is for april 1st and start meds april2nd! woohoo! if all goes well april14th is ER.:happydance:

oh HevTT I am soooooo sorry :( that is awful. I hope in the morning they can give you some answers. Such a terrible upset for you, words won't help but I hope you will get a BFP soon on your next treatment xx

Hi Lovely Ladies

I'm gutted :cry:

Egg collection yesterday went really well......we had 9 follies that had 7 eggs. dIt wasn't the most comfortable procedure for me since one of my ovaries is not very accessible. When I was home last night, I was getting really sore - felt like a really bad period cramp but constantly there (only allowed to take paracetamol for it)....I suspect it was probably bruising inside.

This morning I am still a bit sore but it is insignificant in comparison.....just had a call from the clinic to tell me that none of my eggs fertilised (out of 7, not even 1). They have no idea as to what as gone wrong...it looks like the eggs are immature and yet the scans and retrieval indicated that everything was doing well. I was in too much shock/anguish to ask any questions, we have an appointment in the morning to discuss things...I just fell lke I'm in a trance just now :cry:

I dunno what happens now :nope:

Hev x

Hev - I just wanted to say how sorry I was about your fertilisation outcome .. I know how devastating it is to have it all suddenly stop and no one can give you an answer as to why its happened.
It does not necessarily mean you will get the same outcome again if you try another cycle. I had nothing in my first cycle :shrug: yet I had 26 eggs and 18 fertilise in my 2nd cycle.
Have faith Hev and take some time to yourself and just recover from this.
:hug:

HevTT, I am gutted for you, you must be feeling devastated. :hugs:

I think the scans can only see the follicles and until they collect the eggs they can't see if there are any there or what condition they are in.

Hopefully it was a med thing which can be adjusted for you next time. You need an explanation from the clinic to be able to get your head round this.

Let us know what they say :flower:

Well, been for a quick face-to-face with my clinic this morning (they'll do a proper follow-up later but they didn't want to leave us as things were). They have no explanation as to why things didn't happen. The eggs were just not mature....even though everything was followed to the letter - they mixed the sperm and eggs in a dish (not ICSI) but no matter what way they did it, we would have still the same result. The only thing they can suggest is to do the egg collection a little longer after the trigger shot (ie 38 hours instead of 36 hours beforehand).

So we can continue with another try but she'd like me to have had 2 periods before then - the first should turn up in approximately 2 weeks time - and I'm dreading it since I've not bled since November :nope:)

We are still heartbroken...nothing can prepare you for this kind of news - at least when the time comes to doing a pregnancy test, I'm used to seeing negative results, but at this stage it is completely out of the blue. When I'm on my own, I burst into tears without any warning...I'm dreading going back to work in the morning but the longer I put it off, the harder it will be. We're both feeling numb and empty but itching to start again.

Thank you all so much for your kind words of support and I sincerely wish you all every success in your own paths :hugs:

Hev x

Well, been for a quick face-to-face with my clinic this morning (they'll do a proper follow-up later but they didn't want to leave us as things were). They have no explanation as to why things didn't happen. The eggs were just not mature....even though everything was followed to the letter - they mixed the sperm and eggs in a dish (not ICSI) but no matter what way they did it, we would have still the same result. The only thing they can suggest is to do the egg collection a little longer after the trigger shot (ie 38 hours instead of 36 hours beforehand).

So we can continue with another try but she'd like me to have had 2 periods before then - the first should turn up in approximately 2 weeks time - and I'm dreading it since I've not bled since November :nope:)

We are still heartbroken...nothing can prepare you for this kind of news - at least when the time comes to doing a pregnancy test, I'm used to seeing negative results, but at this stage it is completely out of the blue. When I'm on my own, I burst into tears without any warning...I'm dreading going back to work in the morning but the longer I put it off, the harder it will be. We're both feeling numb and empty but itching to start again.

Thank you all so much for your kind words of support and I sincerely wish you all every success in your own paths :hugs:

Hev x

Im so sorry hun :hugs::hugs:

I know it easier said than done but keep the faith and u will have your dream.

Take care of u and DH :hugs::hugs:

Oh HevTT I am so sorry. That must be so hard to hear and to have to wait another 2 periods but be extremely difficult. I can understand how much you want to get going again! We women seem to spend our lives waiting for each stage!

perhaps u can get away for a few days with OH so it takes your mind off it a bit and have some relaxing time together.

I wish you all the best and hope your return to work tomo is not too bad. i hope the time passes quickly for you until you can try again! :) xxxx :hugs:

Hi Girls

I've finally got the all-clear to start ICSI (I had two abnormal smear tests and had to have a colposcopy so we've been delaying since November!).

I've got to take another packet of the BCP as our clinic can't fit us in if we start DR this cycle so I should be starting on Buserelin on 20th April. Provisional date for EC is 12th May with ET sometime around 14th-17th May (the 17th will be our 2nd wedding anniversary!)

HevTT, I hope you get some better news soon, I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Caline, I've got my fingers crossed that things work out for you this time.

Hi all :flower:

So sorry to hear your news het, it is so unfair hun. We are all here for you. :hugs:

Caline, great to hear you're starting again. FFXX!!

MrsR, not long now!

:hugs: and lots of clover positivity to all

xx

Hi ladies

Im updating our front page... please pm me any new dates or updates..

good luck to all :hugs::hugs:

January / February / March 2010 Outcome

Caline - :flow::angel:

Muncho - :flow::angel:

Rosie06 - :flow::angel:

Chocci - :yipee::baby:

Cupcake - :flow::angel:

MissMonty - :flow::angel:

Noddysgirl - ttc on hold

Brooklyn1 - :yipee::baby:

Peartree - start down regg 9 Feb

Mrs R- :yipee::baby:

Jojo- :yipee::baby:

Breeze - :flow::angel:

Cupcake - :flow::angel:

Hev - cycle cancelled

Dilek - :yipee::baby: 1 HB seen at 6 week scan

Millana - :yipee::baby:

Trying4Ever - :flow::angel:

Beckic - PUPO [-o<

Oneday - Start down regg 24 Feb

Aphrodite - started down regg 15 March

Caline - down regging for FET

MrsR32 - start down regg 20 April

Rachelle1975 - to start BCP

ihavefaith - waiting to start

MummyIwanabe - starting ICSI April

WishtobMama - start IVF 25 April 2010

Doodar - on IVF waiting list

Hi Ladies,
Well, I can officially join I think! Baseline set for 2nd of May! A week later than I thought... but still soon! Already on BCPs.

Hi Sammy, I started down regging today. I am on a long protocol, so down reg for about 3 weeks, then oestrogen pills for about 2 weeks, then transfer.

Not long now until your appointment. I hope you can start straight away. Wating is horrible and frustrating. :flower:

HevTT, thinking of you today, how did it go?

Hi Caline, hope its all going well? I think if its my choice i will choose the medicated FET anyway, i dont want to risk anything but i have full trust for my clinic that they know/think (lol) whats best for me.

Do you start the meds on CD 1 like normal? If so then our apt is on 29th March and AF due 2nd April so not long to wait to start down reg (they had better start that god damn protocol that cycle then or i'll go mental!)

If we did start the protocol and it was 10 days (short protocol) what date do you think ET would be? I don't know the time limits for FET. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->