4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Hi all

Welcome to the new lovelies!!

Welcome back Wrighty :flower:

Hi Sammy, how are you hun?

On the dregging thing, you can dreg for as long as they need you to, it has no effect on your treatment. I ended up dregging for about a month. I guess, like you say it is to do with the length of your protocol and also their diaries and when they can fit you in!

xx

Hi Ladies,
Can I join you. We have our appointment for the assisted unit next month. I have PCOS but DH has a low count so we have been referred for ICSI.

Can anyone tell me what to expect what the process is like? Any advice would be appreciated

xx

Hi and welcome. I will be brutally honest as I think you would prefer me to be. After the final injection when i was due for EC my ovaries felt like the size of footballs, it was uncomfortable to walk and I was in pain quite a lot.

The egg collection was awful but thats because they keep you awake here in Holland and in the UK they sedate you. Had they sedated me I think it would have been a walk in the park but I was awake all the time and felt every hard forceful jab as they stabbed my ovaries and follicles (didnt help that the needle used to collect the eggs failed as well!!!) It hurt like hell and I could feel everything. It was worse than childbirth...

On the egg transfer... well some people suffer pain with this and some dont, personally I thought it was great! Nice and relaxed, talked me through everything... I could not feel a thing as they did the ET and watched it all on the screen, it was lovely. I have had amnios and all sorts and never bothered or complained as all have been pain free but for me egg collection was something I would never want to go through again and thats why we are doing an FET this time.

sammy2009 - Thank you for being honest. Did they start you on the injections straight away? I'm unsure how it all works, all the FS told us was that he was sending us to the assisted unit for ICSI and that was it.

I've had a HSG (fine), internal ultra sound (confirmed PCOS) bloods taken and DH SA (Low). I was in alot of pain with my HSG though so I would opt for sedation on anything I could

sammy2009 - Thank you for being honest. Did they start you on the injections straight away? I'm unsure how it all works, all the FS told us was that he was sending us to the assisted unit for ICSI and that was it.

I've had a HSG (fine), internal ultra sound (confirmed PCOS) bloods taken and DH SA (Low). I was in alot of pain with my HSG though so I would opt for sedation on anything I could

We had all the tests and then they gave me the meds when OH was diagnosed with low sperm count (there were a lot of tests and it took a few weeks to get the results) which i started on CD1. I took these for 10 days and then the final big progesterone injection which boosts your ovaries and to which you go back to the hospital 24 hours later (or was it 36 hours later?) and then they do egg retrieval. I have a journal on here that explains everything in indepth detail from beginning to end... day by day its in the long assisted fertility section, LTTTC Journals and then page 3 about a third of the way down and this will explain everything that you need to know. :hugs:

https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-ac-journals/167016-sammy-s-ivf-icsi-diary.html

Hi Wrighty, thats good that you don't need a re referal. Will you be having one of your frosties put back, or a fresh cycle this time? I had a similar experience to you with ICSI in Jan, got to 5 weeks then miscarried. Its very hard. I wish you sucess in this cycle :flower:

Sammy, your EC sounds awful. Can you request sedation? Mine was not completely painless, as the sedation was not heavy enough at the start, and I was quite upset afterwards as I had been reassured that I wouldn't feel a thing, which was not the case. It was very painful when they were stabbing at my ovaries, but luckily I only felt 4 or 5 stabs before they increased my sedation.

Aclio, your exact regieme will depend on your clinic, but with my ICSI I dregged (he he, thanks Mrs G for that abbreviation :thumbup:), for about 2 and a hlaf weeks, then injected for another 12 days or so, then took the HCG shot 35 hours before EC. Then had 5 day transfer, which was a bit like a smear. Bit uncomfortable with the speculum, but generally painless. You may have to wait a few weeks to actually start your cycle, and that will vary from clinic to clinic.

hi every1

thanks for the welcome

sammy and caline - not sure what i'm going to do. i was thinking of having the fresh cycle 1st and keep my 2 frosties for now just incase we dont get any to freeze for fet. but hopefully i wont need them

MrsG - hi hun hows everything with you? hope all is going well with you and bump xxx

welcome aclio and good luck with your treatment

:dust::hug::hugs:

Eek some of these EC's sound awful. My clinic says they put me completely out so I won't know a thing! at first I was nervous as I've never been out before and scared I wouldn't come round but they don't use much and i'd rather be out than feeling those horribles pains during the procedure!!

xxx

My EC was fine - a few puffs of gas then woke up half an hour later with dribble down my face and the most enormous sanitary towel between my legs!!! :blush:

xx

My EC procedure was fine also....when I woke out of sedation I was in a bit of pain and discomfort though, nothing that a bit of light pain relief didn't settle :).

For ET, it was like having a pap smear done, just uncomfortable with the speculum. I was on progesterone support after EC and they had to remove the build up to reach my cervix for ET. That was also uncomfortable. But all in all, it wasn't too bad, just uncomfortable at times and having to take your undies off alot throughout the whole IVF cycle :D

Hahahaha! :haha:

I'm not laughing at you Mrs G but you're comment just made me lol at my screen! :) teehee! So good that you didn't feel much, I would imagine I'd be like that! xxxx

My EC was fine - general anaesthetic and didn't seem like there was much blood. I don't do well on general anaesthetic though, so the symptoms from that was far worse than the EC itself. There's a bit of pain afterwards, but disappears after two days.

I didn't really have any symptoms during down reg or stims, other than dry throat. Didn't feel any discomfort until the 7th day of stimming, when my ovaries felt really heavy and I was really bloated. But I was ok to work right up to EC day.

Lol. Mrs G - that sanitary towel reminded me of the ones I used when I first started my periods, when sanitary towel technology was more cotton = more absorption. I think I was walking like a duck that day. :rofl:

Hi all

On the dregging thing, you can dreg for as long as they need you to, it has no effect on your treatment. I ended up dregging for about a month. I guess, like you say it is to do with the length of your protocol and also their diaries and when they can fit you in!

xx

Hi hun, hope you and bubs are doing fine!

Well, we were all ready to go for our appointment on Monday but now....Its looks like we might not have to? Taken this morning at 9 dpo. What do you think ladies?

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 11
omg sammy can defo see a line

congrats :hug::hugs:xx

I nearly fell over in shock!!! My lines were not that prominent with Shaylee at 9 dpo!!!

The only thing i did different this month was put my legs up against the wall for 20 mins after BD'ing.

I felt nauseus the other night and the next night but failed to see it as a symptom since I am not a great symptom spotter enthusiast so try not to do it... also had some headaches as well which is unlike me...

I did test a couple of days previous and could have sworn i could see the most faintest of lines on an EC and OH could just about see it as well but the next morning it didnt really appear to be there so i discarded it. I took two today though and both brought up lines although the CB Digi wont but i am not due AF til 2nd April so it might be a bit early for that (I hope) :wacko:

Hi all

xx

Hi hun, hope you and bubs are doing fine!

Well, we were all ready to go for our appointment on Monday but now....Its looks like we might not have to? Taken this morning at 9 dpo. What do you think ladies?

That looks like a BFP to me!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I nearly fell over in shock!!! My lines were not that prominent with Shaylee at 9 dpo!!!

The only thing i did different this month was put my legs up against the wall for 20 mins after BD'ing.

I felt nauseus the other night and the next night but failed to see it as a symptom since I am not a great symptom spotter enthusiast so try not to do it... also had some headaches as well which is unlike me...

I did test a couple of days previous and could have sworn i could see the most faintest of lines on an EC and OH could just about see it as well but the next morning it didnt really appear to be there so i discarded it. I took two today though and both brought up lines although the CB Digi wont but i am not due AF til 2nd April so it might be a bit early for that (I hope) :wacko:

:happydance::happydance: im so excited 4 u fx it sticks hun you so deserve it after everything you've gone through xx

:happydance::happydance: im so excited 4 u fx it sticks hun you so deserve it after everything you've gone through xx

Thanks hun... yeah we have been on the rollercoaster to hell and back for the last few months and now I WANNA GET OFF!!!

We were told we could never conceive naturally by one clinic and the other said its not impossible but it is unlikely... I nailed OV this month though with OH abstaining for a good 5 days before and then we BD'd the day we got the full positive on the OV test and the night after... but then we have done this for months previously and nothing happened naturally. God i just hope it is a BFP and it sticks because we dont deserve any more bad luck surely?

Sammy, you definately don't deserve anything other than the best news - I've got a grin on my face from your post, I'm keeping everything crossed for you, keep us posted!

I really hope this is it for u Sammy!!! You deserve it so much!:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->