4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

hi hayz

your very welcome to join

congrats on being PUPO and fx u get your :bfp:
https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o189/bethswk/Blinkies/babydust5.gif

Hi hayz!

As Lilly is a bit busy atm, I am hoping the mods will let me take over this thread so I can do updates. If so I'll add you to the list as soon as I can.

Good luck

xx

Mrs G cant believe you've only got 10 weeks left that has gone so quick hope everything is ok with you and baby :hug::hugs: xxxxxx

Mrs G cant believe you've only got 10 weeks left that has gone so quick hope everything is ok with you and baby :hug::hugs: xxxxxx

I know, it's scary that Lilly and Mendy have had theirs, I remember their treatment was not that far before mine!! My ticker is according to my treatment dates but my MW is insisting I am due a week before cos baby measure big on 12 week scan. I know with most people conception dates is a bit hit and miss but come on I know EXACTLY!!!

Are you doing medicated or natural FET this time? FX you wont need it though. :hug:

xx

i dont know yet still waiting to hear from hospital. im not going to be 1st on their list as i'm 29 so just in limbo at the moment don't mind though at least i know it is going to happen just don't know when lol

i wouldn't take no notice of your MW your know when shes due exactly now weather she comes on time or not is another story good luck with it all hun. i will have to pop over to you pregnancy journal and have a read. xxxx

Congratulations Lilly and Mendy! W00t for IVF babies!

Sammy I'm in Sweden and I think our NHS situation is the same. It's really nasty that they use no sedation for EC and that they insist on using the frozen ones first! That frankly terrified me, they could freeze 4 or 5 and with how they only do two or three cycles a year between their many vacations at the clinic, we could be doing this first cycle with ONE embie back and 10% chances on each FET uselessly till the cows come home and before they even consider doing the second fresh cycle! That sounds like a terrible thought to contemplate, I am 32 not the reverse FFS! :(

Hi ladies

Thanks for the well wishes.. all going well so far and pics and birth story in my pregnancy diary :cloud9:

Wishing u ladies lots and lots of luck with your treatments! :hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies

Thanks for the well wishes.. all going well so far and pics and birth story in my pregnancy diary :cloud9:

Wishing u ladies lots and lots of luck with your treatments! :hugs::hugs:

Huge Congratulations hun!!! well done!!! :hugs:

How are you Sammy? Whats your next step?

Hi Caline...

We have an apt next Thursday to take in and talk about Shaylee's test results (biopsy after she was born) DEPENDING on the results we can then go back 15th May and get the new protocol. He said they will implant near to ovulation depending how far along the frosties are so probably 4 days after (rough guess) and i guess he is just going to sling them in by the sounds of things! :growlmad: BUT then i have read about 50/50 positive results on both medicated and non medicated so i am not too worried about that... they would not do natural cycle if it proved to not work as well as a medicated cycle surely? Oh well its not counted as one of our 3 tries so we are still entitled to another 2 IVF for free and as many FET's as we have frozen embies for. I am going to have both embies put back in purely because i dont care if its twins and at my age (38) i havent got a few years to mess around, i will probably be too old before they free tries run out! :haha:

OK, so are they checking that what Shaylee had is not congenital and likely to reoccur?
I think you're right about the natural v's medicated FET. They want to keep their stats up so wouldn't do natural if it was not as reliable. I wanted medicated purely coz I had a cancelled IUI round due to by body not doing the right thing. I wanted to make sure we got to transfer, and not get cancelled before we get that far.
Will they get you to do ovulation sticks then time it in with that?
They are generous on their allowances with the tries, and as many FETs as you get embryos is great!
We're similar ages so I know what you mean about not having time to mess with. We are having SET because I don't want twins, but everyone feels differently about that.
Let me know how Thurs goes. Good luck.

OK, so are they checking that what Shaylee had is not congenital and likely to reoccur?
I think you're right about the natural v's medicated FET. They want to keep their stats up so wouldn't do natural if it was not as reliable. I wanted medicated purely coz I had a cancelled IUI round due to by body not doing the right thing. I wanted to make sure we got to transfer, and not get cancelled before we get that far.
Will they get you to do ovulation sticks then time it in with that?
They are generous on their allowances with the tries, and as many FETs as you get embryos is great!
We're similar ages so I know what you mean about not having time to mess with. We are having SET because I don't want twins, but everyone feels differently about that.
Let me know how Thurs goes. Good luck.

Yes it checks for genetic problems like if we were not compatible with each other, both carried the same defect gene, hidden chromo problems although we have had a check for this but this check is more indepth. We should get the results this week, OH is calling today again...

Its a good job i wanted the FET otherwise i would not have much choice and im not really bothered about the non medicated FET since it will be quick (and im really impatient - my 10 day protocol last time was FAR too long :haha:) and if it doesnt work then I can move onto a fresh cycle quite quickley since there were no drugs involved. I remember with my fresh cycle i kept calling them and saying everyone else was on Progesterone until the end of the 1st Tri and they took me off it after about 2 weeks BUT they knew what they were doing and explained all it will do is prolong the inevitable, if you are going to miscarry then its going to happen as soon as you come off Progesterone anyway... 12 days is long enough... and it was, it was a successful pregnancy (well until 20 weeks anyway) I trust they know what they are doing although they do my head in sometimes with informing you on things you need to know and they fail to tell you! If it wasnt for this forum then i think i would have cocked up the last fresh cycle :dohh:

I am lucky as I have a 27 day cycle, always bang on time and I ovulate normally on CD 12-13. I always get a strong result on ebay cheapies and I can feel ovulation as well with a couple of sharp pains so I am confident enough to be able to detect OV quite precisely... i guess this is what they will ask me to do.

I have my pos and neg thoughts about putting two back... the clinic dont like it, they said because of my age i am putting myself under a lot of pressure bodywise, that twin pregnancies can cause all sorts of problems and some of them near fatal. I also worry as i see so many twin pregnancies go wrong, i.e. vanishing twin syndrome, one growing more than the other, miscarriages of one twin... I will be a little relieved if its one but twins is something that I have always been interested in. Now my daughter is coming up for 12 this month, i dont have a small child to look after and she can help me with some things and in the end babysit! :haha: If i was starting out and having one baby and then possible another one within two years then I wouldnt want to have two put back in... This will be the last time i'm pregnant though as two children would complete our family (if its twins then its twins, ill take what i can) I also worry about the cost... my oldest is expensive now with school trips, labelled trainers and all that... hobbies... i dont want to end up bankrupt! :wacko: BUT there is a chance it wont work either, i dont want to have another FET after this one before i try another fresh cycle so if we put two back (we only have two snow babies on ice) then we will be able to start a fresh cycle is the worst comes to the worst and none of them stick!

So where are you up to hun with downregging? Have you nearly finished? When is your transfer and test date? Exciting stuff... hope it is super successful! xxx

Good luck with the results, and I hope its nothing thats likely to impact on another pregnancy.

My clinic is the same with progesterone, they say it won't stop a failing pregnancy, and would only prolong the inevitable, so they only keep you on it up until the test day. When I had MC at 5 wks I blamed it on stopping the progesterone but have since been reassures that it could not have been down to that, and would have happened once I'd stopped the progesterone anyway.

The decision about having one or 2 back is so hard. You're not increasing or decreasing the chances of each embryo if you have them put back at the same time, so you could have 2 FET's and each embryo has the same chance, it just takes longer, if that makes sense. Thats why we are having FET. I would rather have to have a few cycles and come away with (hopefully) a singleton pregnancy, than risk twins, but its a very individual choice.

I am taking the prognova now, which is oestrogen to thicken my lining, and I continue to sniff the synarel for the time being. I have a scan on Thurs, then I will have an idea of when transfer might be, hopefully the following week.

Good luch for the results :flower:

hello ladies

hope every1 is well

i phoned my clinic today just to see what was happening with the funding as it was ment to start on the 1st of april. the lady i spoke to called debbie said yes they are taking bookings now for the 2nd cycles and that i am on the list and should hear something in the next few days im so excited lol :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: i am still expecting a little wait as some people have been told to phone up on their next cycle but i haven't so fx i have a letter through my door soon. i will give them a few weeks cos i know what that hospital are like. im still waiting for a phone call from me phoning the nursing staff at 9 am this morning and it closed over half hour ago so just shows how great they are

anita x

That's fantastic news, Wrightywales! I hope the dates come through very quickly for you. :hugs:

brilliant news Wrighty, not long til you try again :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"