4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Sounds like a good plan Brumbar. I'm glad they listened to your concern and are going to test you. :)

Wow what a mammoth thread!
Please may I join you? Me and DH are starting IVF very soon - i'm starting sniffing next month. :)

xx

Welcome starbright.
let me know your dates and I'll add you to the front page.

Hope everyone is ok.
Happy weekend!

xx

could someone give me a quick breakdown on how the long protocol works drug-wise

my understanding is that you start DR, then stims... my Q is : do you take anything else whilst stimming????Is it just the stim injection or are you still continuing with the D/R stuff?
on a short protocol you go straight to stims and you add the antagonist when leading follie at 13-14mm....

Had a single perfect 3 day embryo transferred today. Its 'twin', a further perfect eight cell embryo is being frozen. There are also twelve others that are being looked at until Tuesday to see if any can be kept as frozen blastos (I was told thirteen had fertilised; actually, fifteen had, with one 'perishing' overnight) but I'm not hopeful about that, really.

Again, I was told that only perfect, multi celled embryos are frozen. I had 22 eggs (the most this hospital will accept before freezing EVERYTHING and making a couple wait three months for a FET), fifteen of which fertilised, twelve of which are still multiplying in the lab, now. It may well be that only 1 is frozen. All were kept out to identify the 'front runners' and the one that was implanted was one of two front runners. I am so happy I have a back up of one perfect eight celled embryo.

The embryologist recommended one embryo. After last time I was happy with that. I could have had two replaced if I wanted because both were 'beautiful' but I'd rather not go through the sneaking suspicions that one 'dead' implanted embryo mucked up the growing embryo last year, causing both to be lost.

I don't want twins anyway.

That's fantastic news Curly Sue. I hope you have at least one to freeze as well then you can have a little brother or sister for this one in a few years time x I'm really rooting for you :hugs:

Congrats Curly Sue! Hope 2ww goes quick 4 you.... What was the theory about one wmbie affecting the other? Xxx

Congratulations on being PUPO curlysue :happydance: Have a relaxed 2ww :flower:

Brum, my long protocol was:

down reg from CD 21.
Start stimming once down regged (about 15 days)
Keep sniffing the down reg nose spray (to supress ovulation)
Once follies are ready, stop sniffing and take trigger (HCG) shot 36 hrs before ec.
Start progesterone pessaries day of EC.

Hope that helps. Will you be on a long protocol this time? My clinic doesn't seem to do short protocols, or its never been suggested to me.

We had the consultant appt (posted in my journal). Bit of a waste of time, but he didn't seem to think it would be better to go for a fresh cycle of the FET fails. He reckoned plod on with the FETS while we have the frosties.
I may take part in a study looking at natural v's medicated FET but not decided yet. Waiting for call back from the clinic with some more info.

Congrats Curly Sue! Hope 2ww goes quick 4 you.... What was the theory about one wmbie affecting the other? Xxx

It's just something I had discussed with a friend. He's a highly qualified doctor and has ties with CARE fertility in Sheffield. He was kind of my 'unofficial consultant' for long periods, last year. I had one blighted ovum (definite) and one which may or may not have contained a fetal pole at one point or another. I saw nothing so put it down to a twin blighted ovum but at one point, one one scan, they did indicate a possible fetal pole.

When I had scans before my D&C the fetal sac on the blighted ovum was measuring almost 13 weeks. I was only 10 weeks. The other sac was measuring no more than 5. Simon (consultant friend) put forward the possibility that the blighted ovum was 'stealing' all of the nutrients and goodness from the other implanted embryo. The sac was measuring three weeks ahead of its time, meaning something had gone wrong, there. If the other one HAD once contained a possible baby then he suggested it may well have been that the abnormal embryo was taking up so much of what I was putting into my body to sustain the pregnancy that the other one didn't stand a chance.

It was all speculation and possibility, though. It did leave me thinking, though.

Welcome starbright.
let me know your dates and I'll add you to the front page.

Hope everyone is ok.
Happy weekend!

xx

Going to start down reg towards end of June (20th or 21st). So it's JUne/July time
:hugs:

It's official!!!

I got my bfn on my iui cycle today. As soon as af gets here IVF/ICSI here we come!!!

CD 21 - begin DR - will be around June 21-23 (depending on af)

So sorry blue :hugs:
Can you start your IVF on the next cycle? Thats not too long to wait.

Starbright, I'll be down regging pretty much the same week as you. I am due AF any day, so will be 3 weeks from then. The initial down regging is the only bit that makes me feel ill, so I'll be glad to get that out of the way!

blue12 - so sorry to hear that iui was unsucessful :hugs::hugs:. good luck with your IVF cycle xx

starbright - welcome good luck with your cycle xx

curlysue - congrats on being PUPO everything crossed for you hun https://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/reiki1.gifhttps://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/reiki1.gifxx

The :witch: is due in 12 days and not even excited about it. maybe when i get closer to the FET i will but really dont feel like i have anything to get excited about. havent heard anything bk yet from my MP but hope to soon. going to phone the hospital again tomorrow have a few question that need answering hopefully get more answers as to why im not entittled to a fresh cycle

Morning all

Just wanted to let you know I may not be around for a while. Lily is breech and atm we have a C section booked for tomorrow morning. So unless she turns today, there will be another 4 leaf clover baby arriving some time tomorrow!! :cloud9:

Also just wanted to say that this thread gave me such support and you are all a fantastic bunch of ladies. There is nothing just or fair about what we have all been through/are going through but miracles DO happen and people like you all deserve them. So keep the clover luck flowing, am sending loads of :dust: to you all. And never stop believing.

Kath
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"