4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

curlysue- Do you live in Sheffield? Are you having treatment at Care? I'm currently under Jessops for ICSI. Congratulation on being PUPO xxxxxx

Morning all

Just wanted to let you know I may not be around for a while. Lily is breech and atm we have a C section booked for tomorrow morning. So unless she turns today, there will be another 4 leaf clover baby arriving some time tomorrow!! :cloud9:

Also just wanted to say that this thread gave me such support and you are all a fantastic bunch of ladies. There is nothing just or fair about what we have all been through/are going through but miracles DO happen and people like you all deserve them. So keep the clover luck flowing, am sending loads of :dust: to you all. And never stop believing.

Kath
xx

good luck with it hun hope it all goes ok and cant wait to see pic of lily :hugs::hugs::hugs:

We are debating whether to sign up to a trial. Its looking at medicated FET V's natural. Basically, we sign up, pay £400 then either get assigned to the natural or medicated branch.

If medicated, we get what we would have gone for anyway, but save about £450. If natural then I'll have a transfer on this cycle, so in about 3 weeks. If the transfer fails then I could start down regging on the failure period for a medicated transfer (at full price, not part of the trial).

I'd have to go for one extra scan and would also get 3D pelvic ultrasound as part of the trial, which could be interesting.

I would really appreciate peoples views on this, as I have to decide as soon as AF arrives (next few days). Has anyone else done anything similar?

Hi all,

Gonna update while i can... our laptop is screwed and its not easy to update from work with a bright purple webpage saying Baby and Bump on it and IVF and all that stuff when work dont know i am having treatment!

Well this cycle failed as i understimmed. I decided to cancel the cycle myself with only two follies of 20 and 22mm on the right ovary and not much happening on the left (think that one passed out due to pressure! :haha:) It was not worth continuing with two follies and we all know the fert rate and then two transferred and then one or two do not work... la la la. So we have been offered a free IUI (i class this as compensation for the fact that i tried) The sperm will be washed and spun and the best inserted back into me right near the eggs this Friday. Therefore the sperm will not have to travel and will be where they should be. I was told there is a chance of twins since I have two large follies and I will ovulate naturally. Normally people only produce one follie when they naturally ovulate but because I have been stimmed there are two (or more normally) The eggs of course will not now be taken out they will pop out during ovulation and the sperm will be right there waiting for them :thumbup: By Friday I should be in the 2WW again.

If this doesnt work then they will start a new protocol with increased meds and Menopur added on my next bleed (they dont believe in messing around waiting in this hospital it seems!) so i have been given a new protocol and prescription in case this does not work and I call them on the first day of bleed.... as normal.

I am not sure at this stage whether I will or will not go straight into the fresh cycle since we have a two week holiday booked in Cyprus at the end of August and its a bit close to all that. I may give myself a break and start the new protocol September, I dont know... i am unsure. I think i will just see if this IUI works first.

So ladies... one time in my life i was asking for advice on IVF, then FET and now IUI.... will be a bloody expert on all this one day!

Anyone had IUI and its worked lol? (you gotta laugh havent you? All this Bulls**t is just not normal in order to have a baby! :dohh:

I'm going to have to repost this in another thread so if you read it then try not to fall asleep... i have updated my Diary with a few extra details if anyone wants a read... Good luck everyone :hugs:

I'm sorry Sammy.. I don't anything about IUI.. :hugs: I'm glad to hear it's going to be free though.

I just wanted to update, I got my :bfp: ! My beta was 270 today, my next test is on friday. I really hope they double. I really, really, really hope they do.

I'm sorry Sammy.. I don't anything about IUI.. :hugs: I'm glad to hear it's going to be free though.

I just wanted to update, I got my :bfp: ! My beta was 270 today, my next test is on friday. I really hope they double. I really, really, really hope they do.

great news hun... all the best and good luck. cant post much more cos lappy is about to keel over but YAYYYYY! :happydance:

congrats :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats to wish2bmama!!!

Sammy I did an iui - but obviously it didn't work. SJ22 (I think that is her name) had a successful iui, and there were a few other people - hayley etc.. You can read through the thread called something like ------- something something something iui odds. Sorry I cannot remember the whole title right now. I'll be right back lol.

https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/253805-can-anyone-shed-some-light-iui-odds.html

Can anyone shed some light on iui odds?

https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/253805-can-anyone-shed-some-light-iui-odds.html

Can anyone shed some light on iui odds?

Thanks Blue... im off to read that!

I Have just had IUI this morning after the understimmed IVF protocol was cancelled so at least there is a little bit of compensation for this cycle! :happydance:

The sperm count was good at 90 million, some were a little lazy :sleep: but after having solution threw at them, slapped around a little and spun at 200 miles an hour they soon woke up! :haha:

Ovulation should be today (i think?) and my ovaries are BULGING!

Congrats Wish2bmama and good luck MrsG
Good luck Sammy for your IUI

Hope everyone's well (((big hugs)))
xx

Good luck in the tww Sammy. It would be so nice for this to work and not have to go through ivf again. If you don't mind me asking, how come u are using ivf/ ac? Your partners count is so good and you have a couple of great follies despite the meds understimming u? How do u feel about the iui? Surely with 90 million the odds are pretty good?

Good luck in the tww Sammy. It would be so nice for this to work and not have to go through ivf again. If you don't mind me asking, how come u are using ivf/ ac? Your partners count is so good and you have a couple of great follies despite the meds understimming u? How do u feel about the iui? Surely with 90 million the odds are pretty good?

Hi and thanks hun...

OH is 29 years old and I am 38 years old. We initially went to a clinic in Spain (where we lived) and they said that his count was 1 million and we would never conceive naturally. We then moved to Holland and went to a clinic and the SA was 1 million and then 0 million and the doctor thought that OH had a blockage and there was no sperm getting through at all. They said that they will put us forward for ICSI and there was no guarantee that we could have this cos if there was no sperm its just not possible. They said they would do another SA and if this was the same then we would have to go to Belgium and have his testes "drilled" to get the sperm out. He was most uphappy about this... A third test gave us a count of 39 million and IVF progressed and was successful. The sample he gave on the day was excellent they said. I think his problme now is that some are lazy although the sheer fact that his count has improved really helps matters!

Today his count was 90 million although after the washing it drops slightly so i think it was 70 million afterwards but then that means that all the dead sperm and rubbish has been removed. She said that he did have "some" lazy ones in there but after the spin they were bright and alert and raring to go! ha ha. She was really funny although we were not in a good mood, i tried to laugh along with her. While the hospital are offering us IVF/IUI/ICSI then i am for sure not going to suggest we try naturally.... I think we got pregnant a couple of months ago as the test was positive but ended in a chemical and this was after 3 years of trying. I do not have the time at 38.5 to try for another 3 years sadly so I guess we progress with the treatment leaning on the fact that OH has some lazy sperm and need a bit of help! ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->