4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Good for you Brumbar doing so much research. Anything that we can do to help our situations is so important and so empowering. Looking forward to your next steps Brumbar.

Hey ladies ! Hope all is well and you are keeping yourselves busy.... Good luck at the trial caline.... The 3d scan was able to see my blood vessels and beasure the blood supply to the follies and the uterus.... Take a piccie or two:)
Natp, wellcome and good luck!
.... I went to do some of the immune tests on the NHS last wednesday and instructed the clinic to get the results for me.... I wonder what they are going to show... Regardless of rhe outcome (and because I'm not being tested for NK cells) I would like to go on Prednisolone and clexane ... I read a dozen of research papers about endo and implantationa and autoimmune bodies and implantation and it seems that it helps. In one of the studies the difference betwen the two groups sufferers was as high as 25% for those taking the drugs and no difference was noted in the two groups of fertile women regardless of whether they were on drugs or not. I hate taking drugs, and I totally understand that there are sideeffects but I want to give myself a better chance. Lets wait first and see what the tests say....

You have been doing a good bit of research so if your tests come back showing anything (which hopefully they won't) you'll have good basis on which to ask for treatment. I had some blood taken for tests yesterday. I was a bit sneaky and asked my GP to write me a card for tests that the clinic wanted me to have! (thanks Zita West). Not totally the case, lol. Anyway, I got tested for:-

antiphospholipid antibodies
lupus anticoagulant
anti cardiolipin
factor V leiden
protein S deficiency
protein C deficiency
prothrombin gene mutation

And I added vitamin B and folate. :rofl: Is this the same as you Brumbar? Did I miss anything? lol.

I have been allocated to the medicated cycle group which I was disappointed with, but we will save £500 and are going to use that money for a holiday! Yay!

The 3D scan was all a bit dull. I could see the red blood flow but couldn't make head or tail of the scan even though she was explaining it! I get 2 more of those, once at the down regging blood test appt and one before transfer. Can't wait!

Sooooo, I start down regging in 2 and a half weeks. Just a bit more waiting to add to the weeks and weeks I've waiting already :growlmad:

Wrighty, are you on medicated FET? We might be cycling together if thats the case. :happydance:

hello ladies

hope your all ok

sammy - hi hun how are you. when do u test??? xxx

caline - good luck with the trial hun. pity you didnt get into the natural side but great that your saving some money and the extra scans on top. going anywhere nice on your hols. im on a natural FET hun af due anytime so hopefully should only be a few weeks to wait. think i had transfer on cycle day 20 last time but then that depends on when i ov xxx

brumbar - hope test results come back ok and great on doing the research least you will be prepared xxx

well nothing much happening with me. AF due anytime so hopefully make the call next week then it will be ov test from cycle day 14 then when + i phone and find when transfer will be. still not really excited it

hello ladies

hope your all ok

sammy - hi hun how are you. when do u test??? xxx

caline - good luck with the trial hun. pity you didnt get into the natural side but great that your saving some money and the extra scans on top. going anywhere nice on your hols. im on a natural FET hun af due anytime so hopefully should only be a few weeks to wait. think i had transfer on cycle day 20 last time but then that depends on when i ov xxx

brumbar - hope test results come back ok and great on doing the research least you will be prepared xxx

well nothing much happening with me. AF due anytime so hopefully make the call next week then it will be ov test from cycle day 14 then when + i phone and find when transfer will be. still not really excited it

Hey... we got a new laptop now so i am back online!!! :happydance:

I havent got any tests! I decided after last time not to buy anymore ebay cheapies and then at the last minute just to buy a few but they havent come in the post yet. I did pee on a OPK and it came up with a line and i know these can be used as a HPT but they are not reliable so i will just have to wait, hopefully they will be here tomorrow? I will be 10dpo tomorrow.

Hows you? :hugs:

Hello Lovely Ladys

I recently went for a open evening for IVF/ICSI treatment at Liverpool Womens Hospital. I found it helpful but they didnt explain alot.....I wonder if anyone can answer the following questions plssssssssssss:

On the NHS they say we can have 2 go's of IVF/ICSI.....if after my 2 go's on the nhs and I have some frozen embros left,would defrosting them and putting them back into me be classed as a full cycle......I didnt think it would be because they wouldnt have to harvest eggs and mix the sperm and the eggs iykwim? Just trying to plan for future private treatment costs.....could anyone explain how it works

Also what stage do they give you the drugs to turn your hormones off,is it the first day of your period or can it be anytime?

Also I think they told me I would take a 2 week course of tabs to turn my hormones off,was this the case for you?

After I have taken the tablets to switch off my hornmones ,how long after do I start my injections?
I think they said it would be for 11 days,is that what happened with you?

At what stage did they scan you during the treatment?,they did mension I would have 2 scans during the process but didnt quite understand when and why

I am feeling very anxious as it seems to of moved alot quicker than I thought which would be fab any other time but it looks like its gonna clash with my SIL wedding abroad 27th July.....looks like we wont be able to go if I have understood the treatment process .

Sorry for all the questions

thanks
Nat xxx

Hello Lovely Ladys

I recently went for a open evening for IVF/ICSI treatment at Liverpool Womens Hospital. I found it helpful but they didnt explain alot.....I wonder if anyone can answer the following questions plssssssssssss:

1-On the NHS they say we can have 2 go's of IVF/ICSI.....if after my 2 go's on the nhs and I have some frozen embros left,would defrosting them and putting them back into me be classed as a full cycle......I didnt think it would be because they wouldnt have to harvest eggs and mix the sperm and the eggs iykwim? Just trying to plan for future private treatment costs.....could anyone explain how it works

2-Also what stage do they give you the drugs to turn your hormones off,is it the first day of your period or can it be anytime?

3-Also I think they told me I would take a 2 week course of tabs to turn my hormones off,was this the case for you?

4-After I have taken the tablets to switch off my hornmones ,how long after do I start my injections?

5-At what stage did they scan you during the treatment?,they did mension I would have 2 scans during the process but didnt quite understand when and why

I am feeling very anxious as it seems to of moved alot quicker than I thought which would be fab any other time but it looks like its gonna clash with my SIL wedding abroad 27th July.....looks like we wont be able to go if I have understood the treatment process .

thanks
Nat xxx

hi hun

1- 1 full cycle is 1 fresh 1 frozen but may be different for you as you live in england you can ask the consultant when you see him.

2, 3 and 4 - i didnt have tablets i had injections to down reg from day 21 or 23 cant remember which for about 3 weeks then in injection to stim for 12 days

5 - i had about 5 scans during my treatment 1 to check the lining of the womb and to make sure my oravies had shut down then 4 at different times to check the progress of the follies growing ready for collection

you will get chance to see a consultant so you can ask him all the question so you get the right information for you and right your questions down so you dont forget to ask them

sorry cant help you with all your questions xx

Hello Lovely Ladys

1-On the NHS they say we can have 2 go's of IVF/ICSI.....if after my 2 go's on the nhs and I have some frozen embros left,would defrosting them and putting them back into me be classed as a full cycle......I didnt think it would be because they wouldnt have to harvest eggs and mix the sperm and the eggs iykwim? Just trying to plan for future private treatment costs.....could anyone explain how it works

2-Also what stage do they give you the drugs to turn your hormones off,is it the first day of your period or can it be anytime?

3-Also I think they told me I would take a 2 week course of tabs to turn my hormones off,was this the case for you?

4-After I have taken the tablets to switch off my hornmones ,how long after do I start my injections?

5-At what stage did they scan you during the treatment?,they did mension I would have 2 scans during the process but didnt quite understand when and why

thanks
Nat xxx

hi hun

1- 1 full cycle is 1 fresh 1 frozen but may be different for you as you live in england you can ask the consultant when you see him.

2, 3 and 4 - i didnt have tablets i had injections to down reg from day 21 or 23 cant remember which for about 3 weeks then in injection to stim for 12 days

5 - i had about 5 scans during my treatment 1 to check the lining of the womb and to make sure my oravies had shut down then 4 at different times to check the progress of the follies growing ready for collection

you will get chance to see a consultant so you can ask him all the question so you get the right information for you and right your questions down so you dont forget to ask them

Hey Wrighty!!!!

I have to laugh sometimes at how different things are in other countries, here this is how it is:-

1. We have 3 free attempts at IVF and as many FET's as we like/have frozen embies for.

2. They don't down reg you here its the short protocol of 10 days of stimms starting from CD1

3. doesnt apply

4. doesnt apply

5. I have one scan on CD10 to check the growth of the follicles and then EC is arranged for 3 days later if all is ok. There is no other scan unless you are pregnant and thats at 8 weeks i think.

Ha ha....another thing was that Porgesterone is only given for 12 days after ET and not for longer like the UK.

Its a good job they do pay for a lot of treatment cos the way things are going with us we are going to end up using it ALL!!!! :dohh:

Sammy that sounds like pretty good news. Fxd. :hugs:

I'm very pessimistic about it all... to be honest i dont think its worked. I'm used to disappointment by now though!

I am so tired today... i feel worn out with all the drugs. We have done an unmedicated FET then the start of IVF and all the stimms, cancelled IVF and had IUI and now straight into another IVF.... 3 back to back procedures. If this doesnt work im taking a couple of months off, going on holiday and im going to relax before I go through all this crap again. :growlmad:

Caline - good luck with the trial, i guess at some stage i will be having FET's again and it would be nice to see a successful one in this thread this month.

Good luck to everyone and anyone I have missed!

did you get your sticks and test Sammy?

Hi Gumb... NO!!! I am so surprised with fertility plan they normally get them here super quick. I was ahving a mardy after last month cos of all the evaps on the EC's so i never bought anymore and then realised that I only had CB Digis to test with and they are not very sensitive! :dohh:

I am not at work today.... the drugs have worn me out and I have worked everyday through them and even went into work after the IUI cos they were short staffed that day. Today I have spent most of the day asleep... whacked out. I may take tomorrow off as well, some of my colleagues (two faced bitches) at work are talking behind my back, i dont know what about but its upsetting me a little and what with the IUI results looming over me i dont know if its best to go in while tired, on meds and nervous about the test. Personally i dont think its worked but you never know eh? :hugs:

Hello Lovely Ladys

thanks
Nat xxx

hi hun

Hey Wrighty!!!!

I have to laugh sometimes at how different things are in other countries, here this is how it is:-

1. We have 3 free attempts at IVF and as many FET's as we like/have frozen embies for.

2. They don't down reg you here its the short protocol of 10 days of stimms starting from CD1

3. doesnt apply

4. doesnt apply

5. I have one scan on CD10 to check the growth of the follicles and then EC is arranged for 3 days later if all is ok. There is no other scan unless you are pregnant and thats at 8 weeks i think.

Ha ha....another thing was that Porgesterone is only given for 12 days after ET and not for longer like the UK.

Its a good job they do pay for a lot of treatment cos the way things are going with us we are going to end up using it ALL!!!! :dohh:

hi sammy

it funny how different it can be within the UK itself let alone the rest of the world. some get none some get the full 3 cycle. i do feel lucky that i get a second chance.

i only had enough progesterone for 14 days when i had my fresh cycle but did get told about a trial that if i got my bfp could of taken part in.

good luck with testing hun :dust: xx

did you get your sticks and test Sammy?

Hi Gumb... NO!!! I am so surprised with fertility plan they normally get them here super quick. I was ahving a mardy after last month cos of all the evaps on the EC's so i never bought anymore and then realised that I only had CB Digis to test with and they are not very sensitive! :dohh:

I am not at work today.... the drugs have worn me out and I have worked everyday through them and even went into work after the IUI cos they were short staffed that day. Today I have spent most of the day asleep... whacked out. I may take tomorrow off as well, some of my colleagues (two faced bitches) at work are talking behind my back, i dont know what about but its upsetting me a little and what with the IUI results looming over me i dont know if its best to go in while tired, on meds and nervous about the test. Personally i dont think its worked but you never know eh? :hugs:

take as much time off as you need :hugs:
do you want me to sort out the bitches at your work for you :grr:

One cycle in my PCT is just that, no frozen etc afterwards, stingey b******ds!

Sammy, glad you're back with us. Have you got those cheapies yet?

I get the drugs tomorrow, but still 12 days before I start! What a drag!!! :growlmad:

Caline - I am supposed to pick my drugs up tonight - thank goodness you reminded me - I probably would have forgotten. Yikes! 7 days for me wahoo!

:hugs:

Good luck Sammy.

hi all

caline - it is a pain having to wait but good luck with your fet hun xxx

sammy - how r u today hun? xxx

well its always the same u want the :witch: to show but nope she decided to hide for a few extra days hope she shows up soon
so i can make the call

hope everyone else is ok xxxxx

blue we must of been writing at the same time lol 7 day for you good luck hun xx

Wrighty - My hospital told me that I could take as much as i wanted but if it hadnt stuck by 12 days after ET then it wasnt going to basically and so there was no point. I can see the logic!!!

Gumb - Ahh thats very sweet of you hun, i wish. Thing is i have already confronted one of the two faced bitches face to face in an office alone before i was pregnant and she denied everything. I KNEW she had said the stuff i heard because nobody else would have known about it. I hate people that are all happy to slag you off behind your back and then completely lie and deny when it comes to being confronted. After all I have been through i really just want a quiet life at work.... :growlmad:

Caline - hi hun, how you doing? Thanks for the well wishes

Blue - Same to you, hows things? Hope your well.

UPDATE ON ME: well the cheapies never arrived so i took a CB Digital and it was..... drum roll...... BFN! No surprise there then. I knew it would be. AF is due Thursday and I am never late so two days before AF would show a proper result so i'm out. We have another script for another IVF here... this will be the last now until October time. I cant do this much longer i'm really the end of my tether. I'm going to stop the progesterone now 2 days early because its giving me bad Cystitus and i'm not pregnant anyway so there is no point really. I must admit i'm pissed off that i have to go through IVF again.... I am not sure if mentally or physically i can to be honest but we go on holiday end of August so i dont want to be doing this near to then otherwise i wont know if we can BD/drink/avoid certain foods.. etc etc. I want it out the way and to know i am either BFN or BFP by the time that i go. Either i stop now and its a 4 month break (way too long) or i continue and then break for the months of August/September and part of October.

Good luck Sammy! :dust:

Thanks Tans and all the other ladies in their quest for a BFP.... God this is a long rollercoaster... somehow i never remembered the ones at Alton Towers lasting this long! :dohh:

hello ladies

:happydance:https://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/pompom.gifhttps://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/banana.gif the :witch: has arrived :happydance:https://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/pompom.gifhttps://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/banana.gif

i phoned the hospital an omg what a pain. they said they would get a nurse to phone me bk which she did only to tell me that she though i would only get a frozen cycle. i explained that i had spoke to a lady called debbie and that she said i would get both fresh and frozen the nurse said "i dont think thats right i will have to go check and i will ring you back" i was in tears yet again and not for the first time today. i was thinking that debbie had told me the wrong information. 3 hours later the nurse phoned back to tell me that debbie was right :happydance: and i do get both fresh and frozen which i already knew seems i know more than the nurses in the hospital. so should ov in about 15 days and fet will be 3 - 4 days after. so in 20 i will hopefully be PUPO fx my embies make it through the big thaw.

sammy - i also see why they only do it for 12 days after trasfer as it could just be delaying the inevitable. how long til you test?? https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o189/bethswk/Blinkies/babydust5.gifxxx

blue - 6 days and counting lol good luck hun xxx

caline - hows things with you hun? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back