4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

i heard pinapple is supposed to be good for implantation, but then i also heard the chemical in it causes the cervix to soften and can cause early labour.
maybe ask the clinic xx

I didn't know that. I had heard that it isn't good during the first part of a cycle becuase the acidity affects cervical mucus, but it was ok to take around implantation time.

i was reading it in one of the journals, that women were freaking out after eating it.
i did eat pineapple after i ovulated, loads of it i think as i had heard it was good.
now i'm trying to avoid it like the plague and i've not done any proper research on it.
xxxx

Fresh pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain (only small amount) which is believed to induce labour, although there is no scientific proof of this (you'd have to eat alot of fresh pineapples for this to happen I think !!!)
However, during the process of juicing/canning etc the enzyme is destroyed so "processed" pineapple should be fine (although everything in moderation !)
Pineapple also contains selenium which is one of the things that helps build up a healthy endometrium - which is what you want for implantation & to sustain a pregnancy.

There's so many conflicting stories about the pineapple that I decided it was not worth risking. I have read some where about dandelion tea which is supposed to be great for bloating and its full of vitamins. They recommend it through pregnancy aswell. The problem is I just don't dare trying anything in case it casues problems. I've been waiting too long to have ago at ICSI xx

I don't blame you Gumb. I'd probably stay away from it too!

Wrighty, only a few days left. Good luck with the FET!

Aclio, how are you feeling?

I've been shattered today. I didn't end up going back to work after going to the clinic for my scan. DH sent me home to bed. I've got lots eggies cooking but alot of them need to get bigger. I've got around 14 on my left and around 12 on my right. The left has the biggest one measuring about 12 and smaller ones, the left has 3 10's and smaller ones. I'm back again sat for another scan. Oh and my bloods are ok, they where worried about my levels with having so many eggies but its ok.

hello ladies

ACLIO - good luck with your scan tomorrow xx

BizyBee - when do you start your cycle? xx

well my last two embryos have made it through the thaw :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: i was very suprised when the nurse told me they both had made it so thats 1 hurdle out the way just hope they are both perfect for transfer tomorrow at 11.15am. the nurse said they will only call me if they have nothing to tranfer so fx-ed i have no call tomorrow xx

Hope you feel better after relaxing Aclio! Glad you have lots of eggs.

Wrighty, good luck with your transfer.

I will start as soon as :witch: arrives. I hope it's soon!

great news Wrighty. hope you don't get the phone call tomorrow.

Wrighty-Good luck for tomorrow, make sure you keep us updated xxxxxxx

Wrighty - hoping for you today!

I got af today - that means I have my baseline scan on Monday and will get to start stims!!!

Hope everyone else is well!

hello ladies

well im officially PUPO with 2 embryos on board. i cant believe they made it to transfer they arent perfect 1 4 cell 1 six cell for 3 day embies isnt very good at all but you never know. i havent been that positive about this anyway so at least if it doesnt work i wont be really disappointed so test date is 17th july hope it goes quick.

blue good luck with your scan and starting stims hun xxx

hope every1 else is doing ok xxxxxx

wrighty - good luck, I hope there nice and sticky xxxxx

Well done Wrighty, keeping everything croseed for you :flower:

Yay for being PUPO wrighty! Wish you loads of luck. xx

Still waiting for :witch: to arrive! ugh...

hello ladies

thanks a lot everyone. getting a little bored of doing nothing and its only been 2 days. i am quite enjoying hubby running around after me. been for a gentle walk today to visit friends which was nice but other than that i have done absolutely NOTHING hubby even shouted at me for carrying a tub of butter lol like that is too heavy for me but nice to know hes thinking about me.

BizyBee - hope AF shows soon so you can get the ball rolling xxxx

caline - hows the down regging going? xxxx

ACLIO - hows everything with you? xxxx

gumb - cant believe your nearly 20 weeks whens your nxt scan? are you going to find out the sex? xxxxx

hope everyone else is doing well xxxxxxxxx

Hi Anita, our next scan is next tuesday. We are going to stay on team yellow xx

glad to hear you are taking it nice and easy. x

hello ladies

well im officially PUPO with 2 embryos on board. i cant believe they made it to transfer they arent perfect 1 4 cell 1 six cell for 3 day embies isnt very good at all but you never know. i havent been that positive about this anyway so at least if it doesnt work i wont be really disappointed so test date is 17th july hope it goes quick.

blue good luck with your scan and starting stims hun xxx

hope every1 else is doing ok xxxxxx

good luck hun!! fingers crossed!! just remember there is always hope.. zoe was a 2 cell embryo on day 2 and she made it!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->