4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

gumb69 - As far as I'm aware down reggin is an injection that brings your system down so that the clinic can then control it through the stimms...I think :blush:

thanks angelcakes,oh and your profile pic is very cute.

Usually your down reg meds also are given during stimms to prevent premature ovulation.

angelcakes, those are my favourite two things as well. last christmas i made my husband a grotto, i cut out santa's feet all the way from the chimney and down the hall,and snow on the ground and got a santa that climbs in and out of a chimney.
i love it!! can't wait til we have our own kids.

vineyard- twins!! that's great. how are you feeling.

Sammy - Well how did the injection go? I got mine today also and she has left one hell of a bruise. Since I've been on similar injections for 3 months due to my endo, then I'll not get a period so have to go back next Tuesday to start the stimms - woohoo!!!

Mendy - Well how is the new house, love it? How are the early stages of pregnancy then?

Tanya - 977 thats fab news. When will you get your next scan?

Kelly9 - Welcome welcome :hugs:

Brambletess - Oh I also panick about swine flu, wonder what would happen if you caught it whilst being preggers...hhmm!!!

MaryB - Well how did the job go, when will you find out? How did the ultrasound go?

MrsG - Hey lady not long to wait now. You'll be getting that :bfp: sooner than you thought :happydance:

All - For those of you that have gone through the IVF process, how long were you on the stimms for and what were your side effects?

Hi, it was fine.... Allan gave me the injection and the needle was so fine i never even felt it. I doubt i would have any side effects so early but even if i did then the "already" headache, stomach pains, bloatedness, tiredness would have masked it anyway! :wacko: I feel terrible today. AF is really giving me some grief and i feel like death. Other than that... all is well! :winkwink:

hello ladies

Well isn't it busy in here now

hello and welcome to all the new ladies

Tanya - so glad you used my idea with the the name seems very popular now and thanks for adding me to September update will let you know dates and outcome as soon as i do. 977 what great numbers congrats again :hug::hugs: xxxxxx

brambletess - Glad to hear your looking forward to your cycle good luck:hug::hugs: xxxxxx

I hopefully will be having my FET in about 6 weeks still waiting for 2nd AF since my BFN shes now 2 days late. Hate it when you what her to show and shes never on time. so unpredictable

Good luck to everyone at what ever stage you are at fx we get lots more :bfp: (me included hopefuly) sending you all lots of :dust: :hug: :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxx

angelcakes, those are my favourite two things as well. last christmas i made my husband a grotto, i cut out santa's feet all the way from the chimney and down the hall,and snow on the ground and got a santa that climbs in and out of a chimney.
i love it!! can't wait til we have our own kids.

vineyard- twins!! that's great. how are you feeling.

Tired a lot of the time. But, otherwise, I feel great!!! Thanks for asking!!

Sammy that is great you have started! That's great!!

I too was confused about what downregging means. I have nasal spray that i have to start taking from CD2 for a little while (2 weeks I think) and then I start on injections. NOt sure really - I know things are done a bit different in Australia

I think it is so they can control your cycle, they need to dictate when you are oving so it fits in with the timings for the treatment. I'm not sure why some clinics do long d/reg and some short though??

x

Well, the news isn't great from my first ultrasound. The little guy is over a week behind in development. Yesterday, July 28, I was 5 weeks 5 days gestational age and exactly 4 weeks fetal age. The doctor said the ultrasound only shows four and a half weeks gestational age, so almost a week and a half behind. :?

Makes sense given my age, I guess. Suppose that's why I didn't want to get too excited about the BFP because of this risk (and so many others down the road). I go next week for another ultrasound -- maybe we've got a late bloomer! It was tough to see it on the monitor though, it was small compared to other images I'd seen on line; and it looking so vulnerable makes you want to protect it all the more.

Thanks for all the support. :hugs: We'll see what happens next week, but I'm not optimistic. I'll talk with the ladies on the miscarriage thread, see what their experience is.

Well, the news isn't great from my first ultrasound. The little guy is over a week behind in development. Yesterday, July 28, I was 5 weeks 5 days gestational age and exactly 4 weeks fetal age. The doctor said the ultrasound only shows four and a half weeks gestational age, so almost a week and a half behind. :?

Makes sense given my age, I guess. Suppose that's why I didn't want to get too excited about the BFP because of this risk (and so many others down the road). I go next week for another ultrasound -- maybe we've got a late bloomer! It was tough to see it on the monitor though, it was small compared to other images I'd seen on line; and it looking so vulnerable makes you want to protect it all the more.

Thanks for all the support. :hugs: We'll see what happens next week, but I'm not optimistic. I'll talk with the ladies on the miscarriage thread, see what their experience is.

Im sorry hun but i hope it is a latestarter and u will have good news next week :hugs::kiss:

Sending you and LO lots of good thoughts and :hugs:
Don't give up hope, talk to bean, tell him how much he's loved and I reckon he'll have a growth spurt before next week.

Kath xx

Hey my lovelies, just thought I'd share this with you.

This is what I'm gonna be singing (actually probably playing, don't wanna scare them away!!) to my little embies when I get them very soon.

Enjoy!

Kath xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzmTFBPMhk8

So sorry to hear your news MaryB!!! But don't give up hope yet!!! Maybe he's just a little behind and like Mrs G said, he'll grow over the next week and will be developing nicely next time you see him!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mary I'm praying that your little bean will catch up in size. :dust:

Mary... i hope all works out for you, try not to worry hes probably just a little behind. Wishing you all the luck :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mary everyone is different. I’m sure your little one will catch up :kiss:

Thanks for the messages. Sure helps. We'll see what happens!

But enough about that...I read that Susan Boyle will be doing a Rolling Stones song on her album. Dying to know which one!

Wow lots to read, thanks for welcoming me! Our down regging (as you call it) here is three weeks of high dose then when you start stimms it is 2 or 3 week of half the dose or something. I won't be starting IVF till the new year like Feb or March but I will be starting IUI in oct/nov. I am really hoping the IUI works cause I read the procedure for IVF and it is scary! Is the egg retrieval painful? They said they give you conscious sedation where I will be going but a needle through the vaginal wall into the ovary does not sound like a picnic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->