4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Morning girls,

Tanya - thankyou for putting me in for October - now its official!! - cant wait to get back in the saddle.

Hope everyone is doing OK -

wrighty lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs:to you hunni - crossing everything she turns up for you - the wait is bad enough without the witch adding to the frustration.

MrsG - i know its scary - but exciting too - you've been waiting for this for so long hun - it'll all feel so much better once you're started - after that first little injection it all goes so fast. :hugs::hugs::hugs:to you.

Angel - good luck with the stimms hun and keep us posted when you can.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:to everyone.

Bx x x

Am being a bit dumb but know you girls won't laugh at me (much!):haha:

What are the pos/neg of blast transfer compared to 2 day embie?? Our only option at current clinic is 2 day transfer but was wondering if there are benefits in going to blast stage?

xx

Hey Mrs G

Apparently blast increases chances according to our clinic. I think naturally that is when embie implants - so if you have a blasted embie - it has more chance of sticking? It's different here in Australia where I think it is the norm for them to take it to blasting phase. Have not really heard of anyone having transfer at 2 days.

Not all clinics offer blasts atm. As far as I know it allows them to see which embryos are the front runners. If they get blastocyst stage they are more likely to suceed in the long run, that's why they will only put one back in as the chances of it taking are higher than 2 day ones. Bristol are offering it to people who have a good amount of fertilsed eggs. That is why we are undecided will prob wait until fertilised before we thrash out the decision. If you can only have day 2, are you going for one or two?

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck on their meds arriving and the start of a really exciting time... im sorry i have not had time to read everyones diary in indepth detail but there is so much happening in here i cant remember what everyone is doing all the time!!!! Its because we are moving house and ive not had as much time as I would have liked to take it all the information but i wish you all the best of luck with everything and i hope it all ends up positive and BFP for us all!!!! Good luck ladies xxxx

Hi all.... scan went well today, 6 follies which they are really pleased with. They prefer to have 6 rather than 15 as its easier for egg retrieval and say that the quality is usually better than if i had loads. Egg retrieval is Sunday 9th Aug along with hubby's sperm sample and then 3 days later the embryos will be implanted back inside me. Then they say 18 days to wait to see if i am pregnant and to take a test. I dont know why its 18 days and not 14? They said after 18 days I can do a pregnancy test and call them. If the witch shows then its not worked basically!!!! A worrying time right now for us....

Not all clinics offer blasts atm. As far as I know it allows them to see which embryos are the front runners. If they get blastocyst stage they are more likely to suceed in the long run, that's why they will only put one back in as the chances of it taking are higher than 2 day ones. Bristol are offering it to people who have a good amount of fertilsed eggs. That is why we are undecided will prob wait until fertilised before we thrash out the decision. If you can only have day 2, are you going for one or two?

I think we will prob only go for one, assuming we have the perfect embie obviously! The risks associated with multiple births are too scary to think about atm. It is only our first go, but we will see what the embryologist recommends.

Sammy, EC on Sunday, wow you are a fast mover!! Lots of luck hun and keep us posted.

xx

Mrs G

i had a 2 day transfer and it took!

Good luck with whatever decision u have to make

xxx:hugs:

Hi all.... scan went well today, 6 follies which they are really pleased with. They prefer to have 6 rather than 15 as its easier for egg retrieval and say that the quality is usually better than if i had loads. Egg retrieval is Sunday 9th Aug along with hubby's sperm sample and then 3 days later the embryos will be implanted back inside me. Then they say 18 days to wait to see if i am pregnant and to take a test. I dont know why its 18 days and not 14? They said after 18 days I can do a pregnancy test and call them. If the witch shows then its not worked basically!!!! A worrying time right now for us....

You should be able to test 14 days after retrieval!

That's what I thought, I've got bloods booked on 16dp e/c and they've advised me not to test before......YEAH RIGHT!!!

Those lovely ladies with :bfp: how long did you leave it to test and when did you get your :bfp:?? xx

hello ladies

hope your all well

Still no sign of AF yet. 13 days and counting. Bloody body wish it would sort itself out. It really is doing my head in now. Ive never been this late ever feels really strange

:hug::hugs:xxxxxxxxxx to everyone

That's what I thought, I've got bloods booked on 16dp e/c and they've advised me not to test before......YEAH RIGHT!!!

Those lovely ladies with :bfp: how long did you leave it to test and when did you get your :bfp:?? xx

Hi, everyone. This is my schedule so far:

June 30: egg retrieval
July 3: embryo transfer (day 3; six embryos transferred, due to my age)
July 14: blood test (47, low, almost wish we'd waited a couple more days!)
July 18: blood test (137, low, but more than a doubling; we'll take it)
July 28: 1st ultrasound (just a wee sac that's *a week and half behind*)
August 7: 2nd ultrasound (still small but with - drumroll - identical twins!!!)

So that answers the question....now...can I hijack the conversation for two seconds? Twins!!! :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

After what the doctor said last week, I swear I thought I had a blighted ovum. (And, honest, I'm no drama queen.) Well, and I'm still not out of the woods quite yet -- they couldn't tell if the little guys were sharing a sac or each had their own, because they are so close to each other. We will find out next week (most likely on my 44th birthday). So, it could be serious if it is one sac or two very small sacs, but I've decided I'll be a bad mom if I can't celebrate a little excitement!!!

Thanks for the support here. I thought I'd be confiding all this to my friend who was 42 when she did IVF but her house had a really bad fire (yes, really) so I looked and found you guys. I got very, very lucky, thanks.

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

So that answers the question....now...can I hijack the conversation for two seconds? Twins!!! :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

After what the doctor said last week, I swear I thought I had a blighted ovum. (And, honest, I'm no drama queen.) Well, and I'm still not out of the woods quite yet -- they couldn't tell if the little guys were sharing a sac or each had their own, because they are so close to each other. We will find out next week (most likely on my 44th birthday). So, it could be serious if it is one sac or two very small sacs, but I've decided I'll be a bad mom if I can't celebrate a little excitement!!!

Thanks for the support here. I thought I'd be confiding all this to my friend who was 42 when she did IVF but her house had a really bad fire (yes, really) so I looked and found you guys. I got very, very lucky, thanks.

Congrats on the twins! Welcome to the IVF twin club. :happydance:

:happydance: congrats on TWINS :hugs::hugs:xxxxxxxxx

Mary B, my clinic did my blood test 11DPO (post retrieval) and again at 13 DPO. I got a BFP on a stick at 12DPO.

11DPO= 15
13DPO= 70
23DPO= 5500

Mary B, my clinic did my blood test 11DPO (post retrieval) and again at 13 DPO. I got a BFP on a stick at 12DPO.

11DPO= 15
13DPO= 70
23DPO= 5500

Wow, so you started low too! I'm beginning to think 18dpt is best, but it would be really hard to wait that long.

Wow Mary!!!! That is wonderful, awesome news!!!! You must be sooooo excited!!!! :thumbup: :hugs: :happydance:

Hi, Amos! Nice to see you. O:) Yeah, amazed at the turn around. We'll see how it goes next week, but for now, pretty darn psyched.

Will you be updating the flaky DH/OH theme thread or posting somewhere in TTC? Let me know. :hugs:

Tanya, You can change the first page emoticon for me. Still apprehensive, but I need to get myself out of limboland! Hope you are well.

Thats such fab fab news Mary!!! I am so so happy for u!!! :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

Good luck and I will update your profile :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"