4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Hi all,

i have been following this thread for some time now... didnt posted in t because was not sure when i will start my IVF. met FS last week and im starting down regulation in September around 22nd-23rd.. i have went throu all the screening tests and DH is going for SA tommorow to determine if we need ICSI or simple IVF will do.
I wont go into my introduction/ details as it will make a long post.. i have a journal if any one wants to read a bit of background about me,

when i went to see nurses and counseelor last week they told me that it m ight not work first go but then i read stories here about you wonderful girls and for some of you it has worked.. it gave me so much hope..

so ladies is there a spot for one more?

:hi: Welcome and good luck on your upcoming cycle!!!

Hi all,

i have been following this thread for some time now... didnt posted in t because was not sure when i will start my IVF. met FS last week and im starting down regulation in September around 22nd-23rd.. i have went throu all the screening tests and DH is going for SA tommorow to determine if we need ICSI or simple IVF will do.
I wont go into my introduction/ details as it will make a long post.. i have a journal if any one wants to read a bit of background about me,

when i went to see nurses and counseelor last week they told me that it m ight not work first go but then i read stories here about you wonderful girls and for some of you it has worked.. it gave me so much hope..

welcome hun - wishing u all the best... :kiss::hugs:

Hi all,

Welcome hun and I wish you all the very best for your IVF-ICSI. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey aussie, welcome back. :flower: Glad to hear you've got a date.

Hope everyone else is ok. :hugs: Hope all goes well tomorow cupcake. Angelcakes how's the 2ww?

Have not bothered updating for a few days. Unless you hear differently, I'm STILL down regging!!

:hugs:

Hey aussie, welcome back. :flower: Glad to hear you've got a date.

Hope everyone else is ok. :hugs: Hope all goes well tomorow cupcake. Angelcakes how's the 2ww?

Have not bothered updating for a few days. Unless you hear differently, I'm STILL down regging!!

:hugs:

I wondered where you were.... ahhh it will soon pass and you will be going through that egg collection and egg transfer before you know it!!!! Happy stabbing! :hugs:

Hi Girls,

Just thought I'd stop by - I'm sure to have a million questions when our procedures begin.

xox

We have our first FS appointment with our Dr on Nov 12th. But we've been told they may be able to get us in sooner.

In the mean time I need to have a Pap smear done.
And Hubby has to travel 2 hours for a Semen Trial Wash.

Then I guess we take it from there.
I'm nervous about the appt. but excited at the same time.

14 days until my appointment, all my blood tests have been done now and OH has his SA on Thursday so all being well we should be able to get started!!

Welcome to the newbies - Eager Aussie - nice to see another Aussie on here!

Well my news for Day 3 of my embies is not so good. :cry:

From the 13 embies that fertilised - all had 'fragmentation' problems. What this means - I am not really sure - but basically they are not developing properly and there are cell fragments. So there are 5 that they think they can do a genetic test on - the other 8 are unlikely to make it to blastocyst stage.

So I told them to go ahead with biopsy/genetic test anyway (althought it's $2000 up front not claimable on insurance or no rebate from gov't). They said that the cells may not be suitable to actually get a result (so may be paying $'s for nothing).

So whilst I am booked in for ET on Weds - there is unlikely to be anything to transfer. :sad2:

I am gutted. I have been crying all night - talking to DH about our future without kids. Where to from here? What do we do with our lives if no kids?

We need to save up to outlay $9000 again to try again. Don't think we can afford it right now.

Cupcake queen I am so sorry to hear that, how many tries have you had?

This is my first time. We were very hopeful given number of eggs that fertilised. But it's going to be hard to keep going financially and health wise. I haven't recovered well from operation/EC - hard to walk and very bloated. Ovaries very painful

This is my first time. We were very hopeful given number of eggs that fertilised. But it's going to be hard to keep going financially and health wise. I haven't recovered well from operation/EC - hard to walk and very bloated. Ovaries very painful

How did you find the EC? Did you get put under local anaesthetic?

cupcake- i'm sorry. maybe some of them will be ok. i don't really understand the whole IVF process, so sorry if i seem ignorant. maybe the other ladies can tell you more xx
i will have to start researching it though as i reckon that is our next stage in the pursuit of a baby.

that is terrible that you are pain, you are going through enough trauma as it is, you don't need pain on top. can i ask a personal question, what happens whilst you go thorugh the IVF process, do you keep working then take time off after you have had the ET. or do you just keep working and try and pretend everything is "normal" or are you advised to do nothing and rest.
i hope tomorrow goes ok for you and you can have a transfer.

Oh, I'm so sorry about your news Cupcake!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:
There is still hope, though, right? Not all is lost yet! I'm keeping everything crossed that everything will go well and that you will have some embies ready for transfer or freezing on Weds. :hugs::hugs::hugs: Thinking positive thoughts for a positive outcome for you!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Welcome aneageraussie :wave:

Cupcake - I'm so sorry to hear of your news. Is it definite that your embies will not work for ET? I pray that your embies will make it to ET. Lots of :hugs:

Cupcake :hugs: Hoping and praying for those embies. Like the others said, it's not over yet. Try to keep positive hun.

xxx

cupcake - i am so sorry.. i really hope 1 will hold on till wednesday - fingers crossed and please look after yourself.. you could have OHSS.. rest and drink lots of fluids..

:hugs::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->