4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Hey girls hope you dont mind me dropping in, i am currently going through FET after a failed fresh ICSI cycle in June. Hoping to transfer next Tues!! Needed a bit of the 4 leaf clover luck :) hope you dont mind me joining hehe

Cupcake, i wrote on your journal but want to re-iterate, sometimes people worry too much about the quality of their embies, i have heard of loads of people getting preggers from embies that were classed as "low quality" truth is they dont know what makes a baby making embie, if they did then all the supposedly "top quality" embies would work right? :) Fingers crossed you will get to transfer hun XX

Sorry to hear things are not looking good Cupcake ... try to remember that it does only take one though.

I know only too well the heartache and upset of collecting lots of lovely eggs and having a poor chance come ET day ... Our first cycle, we got 11 eggs and only 4 embies the following day. Second cycle, we got 15 eggs and only 3 embies the following day. It does only take one healthy one though - so fingers crossed for you.

xx

Thanks girls.

I know it isn't over yet - but I was just expecting everything to work first time I suppose - especially given number of eggs I have.

And yes I am still going to work and pretending everything is 'normal'. Only one close friend at work knows what we are going through so had a good talk to her yesterday when we found out about 5 embies.

Sammy - yes I was under anaesthetic during EC - but sooooo much pain in my ovaries and bloated. I think Tanya is right and I have OHSS - can't eat much as I can't literally keep food down and it's hard to walk. BUt I still have to get up and go to work as no one knows what we're up to and I'm not in a job where I can just take time off. I took day of EC off 'sick' and tomorrow if we have ET I will do that again - but I can't just take a week off or anything to get over OHSS.

Went acupuncture last night which was sooo painful as well - especially ovary points. I'm just not coping well. Physical pain doesn't help with keeping my mind off things.

Thanks girls.

I know it isn't over yet - but I was just expecting everything to work first time I suppose - especially given number of eggs I have.

And yes I am still going to work and pretending everything is 'normal'. Only one close friend at work knows what we are going through so had a good talk to her yesterday when we found out about 5 embies.

Sammy - yes I was under anaesthetic during EC - but sooooo much pain in my ovaries and bloated. I think Tanya is right and I have OHSS - can't eat much as I can't literally keep food down and it's hard to walk. BUt I still have to get up and go to work as no one knows what we're up to and I'm not in a job where I can just take time off. I took day of EC off 'sick' and tomorrow if we have ET I will do that again - but I can't just take a week off or anything to get over OHSS.

Went acupuncture last night which was sooo painful as well - especially ovary points. I'm just not coping well. Physical pain doesn't help with keeping my mind off things.

Hey hun, please keep an eye on those pain levels and get in touch with hospital if it gets much worse. xx

Cupcake, just wanted to give you some encouragement. We started with 16 eggs, 11 fertilized, on day 3 we had 8 still doing really well. However, by day 5 they told us we only had 1 blast and the other 2 were mediocre quality. We put back all 3 and are now prego with twins. So, clearly one of the mediocre quality ones implanted. So, as mentioned in a previous post, sometimes I think there is too much emphasis placed on quality.

Hang in there. Take care of yourself and I'm crossing fingers that you make it to transfer!

:hugs:

Hey all! I got my fertility apt!!!!! Sept 24th! And AF is just PERFECT! I will get it a day or so before or the day of which means no waiting for IUI!!!! I can start clomid at the end of sept as long as all goes well which it should! EEEkkkK!!!!!!! Yippee! I am so over the moon right now!

Thanks girls.

Hun.. I would get your doctor to book you off. you can just say its gynae problems.. OHSS is very serious and you need bed rest.. trust me.. do not take this lightly.. please my friend or at least ask the nurses at clinic...

Hugs

Tanya

I'm with Tanya ... If your work is funny about you taking time off, get your doctor to sign you off. You need bedrest if you've got OHSS otherwise you could be in a worse position than you are already.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

xx

Cupcake, just wanted to give you some encouragement. We started with 16 eggs, 11 fertilized, on day 3 we had 8 still doing really well. However, by day 5 they told us we only had 1 blast and the other 2 were mediocre quality. We put back all 3 and are now prego with twins. So, clearly one of the mediocre quality ones implanted. So, as mentioned in a previous post, sometimes I think there is too much emphasis placed on quality.

Hang in there. Take care of yourself and I'm crossing fingers that you make it to transfer!

:hugs:

Just want to emphasis that point also, see i had only one put back cos they said my embies were "top of the range" haha AND it failed so it just goes to prove (and docs have told me this also) that they truely dont really know what a baby making embie looks like, they just "think" that those that look less fragmented and even cells are more likely to implant, to be frank i have read more on the internet from others who thought they had no chance cos they had "low quality embies" and they got preggers!! Its not over yet hun, and also remember when they take embies to blast you do loose a lot of them, this is the chance they take taking embies to blast as they think they are better in mummies womb, HOWEVER, if an embie gets to blast its a strong little bugger and they say the chances are a lot higher for pregnancy :)

Let us know how you getting on hun, and my fingers and toes are crossed for at least one blast to transfer XXX

Just wanted to send you some hugs cupcake - am thinking of you.

Bx x x x:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies,
Im not a poster of this thread but I am an avid Stalker :blush:

Im currently in the 2ww after going through my 2nd round of IVF. We had EC on Monday 17th August and ET on Thursday 20th August so its all early days, however my clinic have given me a test date of September 13th ....
I have queried this with the nurse as it seems incredibly long in comparison to everybody else but I was told that if thats what the doctor requests then that is what it should be !! :shrug:

Im loosing my mind all ready so Im really not sure my reolve will last for a further 20 days.

Do any of you girls now if there is a safe time to test without getting a false positive. I injected 5000iu pregnyl on Saturday 15th and am on the cyclogest at present.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Sarahxx

That is true, Cupcake, and I agree with all the others. My first IVF cycle was textbook perfect, and I had 2 perfect grade "A" embryos implanted, and the Dr even gave us a 90% chance it would work, and none took. My second cycle, most of the eggs retrieved were under mature, none fertilized too great, and they put the one best of the worst back, along with 2 "B" graded frozen embryos....and the Dr didn't seem too optimistic as he offered me a third cycle and everything...but, I never got around to using that third cycle, so here I am, 9 weeks pregnant! So it can happen, even when the circumstances don't look all that great! Don't lose hope, we are all rooting for you!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

HI Emerald Sarah - welcome. NOt sure when it is too early to test - I know Sammy tested recently and got her :BFP: Maybe she can shed some light.

For those interested, have just posted in my journal update on embies.

Hi Emerald Sarah, you should wait at least 14 days after your HSG shot of 5000, then it should be safe to test. Not sure why your hospital wnat you to wait so long, sounds a bit odd?? Good luck hun xx Oh and if you are doubting i would just ring the hospital and say its crazy you are asking me to wait so long so i will do a home test so can you tell me how long it takes to go out of system xx

Hi Ladies,
Im not a poster of this thread but I am an avid Stalker :blush:

Im currently in the 2ww after going through my 2nd round of IVF. We had EC on Monday 17th August and ET on Thursday 20th August so its all early days, however my clinic have given me a test date of September 13th ....
I have queried this with the nurse as it seems incredibly long in comparison to everybody else but I was told that if thats what the doctor requests then that is what it should be !! :shrug:

Im loosing my mind all ready so Im really not sure my reolve will last for a further 20 days.

Do any of you girls now if there is a safe time to test without getting a false positive. I injected 5000iu pregnyl on Saturday 15th and am on the cyclogest at present.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Sarahxx

Hi and welcome!

This is the same as my hospital... I had ET on 12th August and told to test on 30th!!!

Originally they said to test 18 days after EC... then after a 3 day transfer they told me to test 12 days later. I did this and called them yesterday and now they have told me to test in 6 days (I was officially due on my period last Sunday but a CB digi has confirmed for ages a BFP!) It does my head in.

I tested from about 4 days after ET mainly so I could see when the HCG injection was out of my system. First I got a faint positive and then BFN's for the next 3 -4 days after that. I knew then that if i got a BFP then it was more than likely to be a legit one. If you read my journal you will see exactly how many days after as i cant remember off hand. Good luck with everything :hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone,

I have been reading and following many of your journies as I have been through my infertility testing. I have been ttc for 3 years and ntnp for another 10 years. I have pcos and I just found out that I have to have both of my tubes removed and that following that ivf will be my only option. I know it will be a while before I start ivf - but wondering if you mind me kind of joining here in the mean time.

Thank you and best wishes.

Hi blue 12

welcome xx the ladies might know more than me, but is both tubes removed necessary??
i have had one tube and one ovary removed due to a ruptured ovarian cyst and earlier this year i had a cyst removed from my remaining ovary. At all costs my consultant was to leave the tube he said only if my life was at risk would he remove my tube.
i'm no doctor so sorry. how do you feel about having both tubes removed. will you receive any hormonal support. x

Hi everyone,

I have been reading and following many of your journies as I have been through my infertility testing. I have been ttc for 3 years and ntnp for another 10 years. I have pcos and I just found out that I have to have both of my tubes removed and that following that ivf will be my only option. I know it will be a while before I start ivf - but wondering if you mind me kind of joining here in the mean time.

Thank you and best wishes.
Hi Blue and welcome!!!! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about you having to have your tubes removed and i hope this doesnt have to happen in the end.... if it does, good luck with the IVF!! :hugs:

Cupcake - hope you are feeling better and managed to take time off work. OHSS is serious so heed advice of doctors and get bed rest. Hope transfer is goes ok x

Chocci - good luck with your transfer too.

I am not feeling very confident about this cycle. Can't seem to feel motivated at all. Just want it to be over but then that means I will be in 2WW and dreading that too. Then its either shitty news or great news - pregnancy but with that the constant worry of a miscarriage again. I don't know what I want anymore. It feels like my life has been on hold for ever and all I can see stretching in front of me is more crappiness. Sorry for being a depressive cow, ignore me. It just helps me to write down how I feel sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->