4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Great news Brambletess!! :happydance: for ET!!

Krissi, glad to hear you've got some dates now, it makes things go so much quicker!

xx

great news bramblettess - i don't really know what it all means but all sounds goodx

good luck Krissi
xx
hope everyone else is doing ok. xx

met with nurse this evening that does charting with me and she said my fs wont 'refer me for IVF i have to refer myself. so i need a bit of advice please, i'll apologise in advance for the long spiel i'm about to give, but really would appreciate your advice
ok here goes
so only 1 ovary and fallopian tube left, had previous tube and ovary removed 10 years ago due to ruptured cyst. last year had laparoscopy to remove cyst on one remaining side , too many adhesions so couldnt' remove via laparoscopy. earlier this year had laparotomy and removed cyst. 18 months ttc. have low progesterone and estrogen but ovulate. about to start 5th month of fertility drugs, LDN, Femara, aMmoxcyillin, & Pregynl injections (3,5,7,9 post ovulation)
mucus score of 6.3
not done DH SA yet, it is getting done on Friday, but previously fell pregnant last year but miscarried just under 5 weeks. (fell pg with no treatment prior to operations)
nurse said i can keep on current fertility treatment,and mentioned might have to have another lap as last 2 periods heavy and painful as thinks endo might be coming back. 6months have lapsed since laparotomy.
so do i keep on this treatment, need to get sA results first, or do i try IVF.
apparantely its up to me. follow up with fs a week on friday and nurse said to ask him straight out what are my chances. then if i decide to go for IVF i have to go to another clinic for IVF and i know its costly, but it would be so worth it. nurse told me if i go for IVF they wont' give progesterone support, but i know i have low progesterone. So ladies, that got pregnant on IVF were you given progesterone support x
but then again, what's to say IVF will work for me. !! what do i do !!!

Oh hun, I'm not sure I can be much help cos I don't know much about the treatment you're on atm.

The only thing I do know is that I've def got progesterone supps in my box of meds for after ec. I don't know if this is what you mean?

Hope one of the others is more help. Lots of luck and :hugs: xx

Brambletess - great news for your fertilisation rate - glad you've got a couple of healthy looking embies - like Mendy said - hopefully you'll not be PO ... :hugs:

Gumb - Maybe when the nurse said they won't give progesterone support for IVF, she meant that the clinic you're at at the moment won't do it if you're getting treatment elsewhere - who knows! I don't think any IVF clinic would give you treatment without progesterone support for after ET. I think your best chances of getting pregnant are most likely with IVF - I would imagine that if you are missing an ovary then surely your chances of conceiving any other way than with IVF, are halved before you start. Good luck with whatever decision you make ... :hugs:

Good luck to everyone else currently going through IVF. Another couple of weeks and I'll be sending my information sheet off to get started on day 21. So only another 5 weeks to go until I start DRegging ... :yipee: bring on the :baby: or even :baby::baby:

Gumb69 - my opinion on your situation is to give IVF a try if you can afford it. I see you have been TTC for 18 cycles - I think maybe now would be a good time to try another approach. I think your chances with IVF are greater than just continuing as you are.
But that's just my opinion............

hello all

Brambletess - how did ET go yesterday? hope your taking things easy now. fx the 2ww goes fast for you :hug::hugs: xx

Krissi - thats is a perfect amount of weight to loose in a week keep it up:hug::hugs:xxxx

well im doing ok. i cant wait to start testing tomorrow hopefully i will ovulate over the weekend which is a bit gutting as the hospital is only open half day saturday and closed on sunday so will probably end up ringing them monday morning. am getting really excited about it all cant wait lol

hope everyone else is doing ok
sending lots of :dust::hug::hugs: to everyone xxxxxxxx

thanks for all your advice
the more i think about the more i think IVF is the option.
really painful cramps today so AF is def coming. more scar tissue and endo will be forming. dropping DH SA in tomorrow, so should have results back by next friday for next follow up session with FS.
i'll wait for the SA results,i enquired about IVF with a clinic yesterday so they are sending me out a pack and going to arrange an intial meeting.
x
hope everyone else is doing ok x

Great weight loss Krissi!! :thumbup:

So had stims check up scan today and all seems to be going ok. I have 5 follies on the left (plus one under 10mm) and 4 on the right (plus 2 under 10mm) so I am hoping the little ones will catch up in the next few days and I'll be into doule figures by Monday's scan.

Also lining measurement is 13mm which apparently is quite good. So FX everything looks on track for EC Wed.

xxx

FX Mrs G- all sounds good.

Gumb69 - I hope DH's SA turn out all ok!!

Wrightywales - good to hear all going ok

Ooo ladies, some pretty good looking posts in here! :hugs: to everyone going through hard times too

We had our 1st appt. Stim cycle will begin as soon as AF decides to show herself (she's late as usual). Going to be put on Provera..

Biting nails down to the skin in anticipation.......

Wow lots has happened. COngrats Brambles!!!!! and good luck

Mrs G you must be so excited you're almost there!

Hope all is well with you cupcake!

I am 8dpo and waiting for it to be over to start IUI and get on the waiting list for IVF.

Can I ask a personal question to you all, feel free not to answer it of course but I was wondering how couples who don't have a lot of money pay for the costs of IVF? Dh and I are going to be in a difficult position if we need it as it is not covered in Canada and it really worries me...

I have no money to pay for it hun, I am very lucky in the sense that my mum is paying for this go and given us the money to freeze embies if we have any. FET is arounf £700 so we could afford that if we need it xx

NeyNey - hope the :witch: shows soon so you can start stimming.

Thanks Kelly for your well wishes. I am doing ok.

Re your que: Luckily DH and I are in a position where we can afford to pay out of pocket costs (~20%) for IVF in Australia. As of 1 Jan next year, gov't takes that away and we have an up front cost of about $10,000 which we can probably still afford once a year if we scrimp and save. So if we have no luck with the remainder of this year (after 3 cycles), we have to seriously consider whether we continue pouring money into some doctor's retirement fund, for something we have a 10% chance of succeeding at, or whether we just continue to pay our mortgage off with that additional money.

It's a hard one. As much as I want a baby - I don't think I can go into financial ruin for one.

Sorry If I am being dumb Cupcake why do you only have a 10% chance of success xx

Wow lots has happened. COngrats Brambles!!!!! and good luck

Mrs G you must be so excited you're almost there!

Hope all is well with you cupcake!

I am 8dpo and waiting for it to be over to start IUI and get on the waiting list for IVF.

Can I ask a personal question to you all, feel free not to answer it of course but I was wondering how couples who don't have a lot of money pay for the costs of IVF? Dh and I are going to be in a difficult position if we need it as it is not covered in Canada and it really worries me...

I took out a loan. There is a bank here in the US that does low interest loans specifically for fertility treatment. I also qualified for some free medications based on income directly through EMD Serono which is who makes Gonal F. I was part of a study with my clinic that gave me free progesterone and gave me money toward the IVF. Visit with your clinic. They deal with this day in and day out and will have some ideas and suggestions for how to pay for. My clinic also does a 25% discount if your income qualifies you (we got that too). All said and done, we only had to take out a $5000 loan.

do you mind me asking at what stage do you start IVF, is it when AF arrives, in the middle of your cycle, start end?? I've decided well nearly decided that going to stop the programme on at the minute and get referred for IVF. I contacted a clinic and they said once they have received my forms i will get an appointment in 4-6 weeks. so just wondering at what stage do you start is "stimming"

Krissi - according to the doctor - we have 20 % chance overall of a successful/live birth with IVF. that chance is reduced because of the quality of my eggs (ie not so good because I have PCOS).So really we only have about a 10 % chance.

Gumb69 - with IVF you start at the beginning of your cycle - it's different for different clinics/countries. In Australia - you start down reg spray on CD2 and then continue that till EC. You start stimming CD 3 up until day before EC, where you take a trigger to release the eggs.

Ladies - I'm on day 4 of stimming (CD 7) and am having some bleeding - any thoughts? It's only minor bleeding but quite 'fresh' (sorry if TMI) - not dark or spotty.

Hi gumb

For my two previous cycles I had to contact the clinic on CD1 to get booked in, and then started DRegging on CD21. I had a bleed around a week later and then started stimming between 1 - 3 weeks after that. From contacting the clinic with my AF details to getting to HPT took approx 10 weeks. Good luck for your treatment coming round quickly.

Hey everyone, what have your clinics told you was the success rate of IVF for those of you who have mild male factor issues only? If we can ever afford it it would eliminate our problem around conceiving since I am healthy so I am curious... will also ask the doctor on thursday during our IUI and IVF consultation.

I do hope you are right vineyard in that they know of other sources to pay and cut down costs, we could do 5000 with his moms offer to help out. My clinic does have a charity fund called the giving of hope fund or GOH where they help families that can't afford it but the incomes they look at are about 45,000 CAD or under for both people combined. My DH makes 65000, the only thing is we have a rediculously high mortgage payment and another 20,000 in tuition over the next 20 months for my nursing school. They said they consider special circumstances but I am still skeptical that with our track record of luck that we will be funded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->