4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Hey everyone, what have your clinics told you was the success rate of IVF for those of you who have mild male factor issues only? If we can ever afford it it would eliminate our problem around conceiving since I am healthy so I am curious... will also ask the doctor on thursday during our IUI and IVF consultation.

I do hope you are right vineyard in that they know of other sources to pay and cut down costs, we could do 5000 with his moms offer to help out. My clinic does have a charity fund called the giving of hope fund or GOH where they help families that can't afford it but the incomes they look at are about 45,000 CAD or under for both people combined. My DH makes 65000, the only thing is we have a rediculously high mortgage payment and another 20,000 in tuition over the next 20 months for my nursing school. They said they consider special circumstances but I am still skeptical that with our track record of luck that we will be funded.

Success rates vary from clinic to clinic. My clinic has a 60% success rate.

The clinic I've been to has a success rate of around 35%. That is the success rate for all ages and all fertility issues. We have unexplained subfertility and still no success so your issues shouldn't have any reduction on your chances of success.

good luck

Gumb, our protocol was exactly the same as Maz. Our clinic does quite a long down reg of 3 weeks, this does vary from clinic to clinic. All in all, EC will be about 8 weeks from arrival of af.

Kelly, success rates do vary loads in different clinics and also with different procdures.

xx

thanks going to fill out my forms today.
i must look at the success rate of the clinic.
hope you are all doing well.
AF is being a complete biatch to me. painful i really hope the endo isn't back.

i checked out the success rates for the clinic
Female Age ≤ 29 30-34 35-39 40-44 All (avg.)
Clinical Pregnancy / ET 47% 56% 39% 24% 41.5%

what does that rates sound like to you guys. i suppose they mean nothing unless it's you getting the BFP

Success Rates
Sims International Fertility Clinic - Clinical Pregnancy Rates 2008
Sims IVF Cycles using Fresh Embryos (Non-Donor Eggs)

Female Age ≤ 29 30-34 35-39 40-44 All (avg.)
Clinical Pregnancy / ET 47% 56% 39% 24% 41.5%

Reference Group Comparison:

Ireland National Average (Excluding Sims Clinic)* 31.8%

EU Average* 30.3%
Sims Clinic 41.5%

Hello ladies

Hope your all ok

Well day 14 of my cycle and still no +opk. Hope i see the smiley face tomorrow lol. i am getting dead excited now could be PUPO in a week lol

:hug::hugs::dust: xxxxxxx

Hi Kelly

My clinic gave a 30%-35% success rate.

Good luck

xxx:hugs:

Hi gumb

What you also want to try and find out is the clinics pregnancy rate per cycle started, as some patients unfortunately don't get to ET. My clinic said around 35% from cycles started to clinical pregnancy, but once you get your embies transferred your chances increase to around 50% ... Looking back if you get to ET it's either going to work or it's not - there's only two outcomes so 50/50 is a bit of an obvious outcome.

Good luck with your form filling - I hope you get started very soon.

xx

I have new hope for IVF at least. Cause of DH's sperm problems ICSI will eliminate our fertility issues. So hopefully we will be luck and get it on the first go as I think we could pull resources together to pay for one round with maxing out our credit line.

What does subfertility mean? and PUPO?

I am 11dpo today and crampy with crap temperatures... I was holding out for a random BFP before treatment as I haven't really been thinking about ttc with school and all but I think I am out. SO bring on my IUI.

I have new hope for IVF at least. Cause of DH's sperm problems ICSI will eliminate our fertility issues. So hopefully we will be luck and get it on the first go as I think we could pull resources together to pay for one round with maxing out our credit line.

What does subfertility mean? and PUPO?

I am 11dpo today and crampy with crap temperatures... I was holding out for a random BFP before treatment as I haven't really been thinking about ttc with school and all but I think I am out. SO bring on my IUI.

I'm not exactly sure on the definition of sub fertility, I guess it simply means lower than "normal" levels of fertility. PUPO is pregnant until proven otherwise!

So are you having IVF or IUI?
xx

We have seen 4 different consultants during our investigations and treatments to date, and all of them referred to me and my DH as having unexplained subfertility. I guess they think it sounds better than calling it unexplained infertility. I guess it's because we're not totally infertile, just below 'normal' fertility, that we've been categorised as subfertile.

Out of curiousity, if you have MF issues, how come you're doing IUI?

Well IUI if they think it will work IVF is no other option, I am hoping for IUI.

We were told IUI could work since he is mild male factor. So just slightly below normal for motility at about 45% and half the normal sperm count at about 23 million and at about 1/3 less then what he should be for morphology at 10% on a 15% scale. The gyno told us this I don't know what the clinic will tell us.

Well IUI if they think it will work IVF is no other option, I am hoping for IUI.

We were told IUI could work since he is mild male factor. So just slightly below normal for motility at about 45% and half the normal sperm count at about 23 million and at about 1/3 less then what he should be for morphology at 10% on a 15% scale. The gyno told us this I don't know what the clinic will tell us.

We did 2 IUIs. It's used for male factor all the time. DH didn't have many swimmers so we figured we'd try IUI to see if giving them a head start would help!

Yes thats what we were told vineyard. Do you mind me asking what your DH's counts were?

It's amazing the differences between different countries, and even between different hospitals if I'm being fair. We have no issues at all and were told by our FS that IUI was a total waste of time. But who knows? I guess we can only trust these 'experts' and hope they get us pregnant as quickly as possible.

I really hope IUI works for you.

x

Mrs G - Have you had a scan yet? how are you doing? be good to get an update?

Today I had my first injection of Pregnyl! Ouch!! Also took me ages to mix it all up.

I have a scan on Weds to check follicles. Strangely enough - this time I"m not feeling a lot of 'action' down there - no twinges, bloating, I hope it is working.

i hope it doesn't bruise you, rub your finger over the injection point afterwards, sometimes i get a hard lump immediately after injecting, a small rub and viola!!! its gone.x

let's hope this is your cycle xxxx

I need to ask a question please, it's a bit of a dilemma. it might not sound like one but it is! ok, so we have our fs follow up next friday and i think i'm 99.9% going to see if we can do IVF with a different clinic.
So i'm currently on cd 2, all my girlfriends live in different countries and we are planning on meeting for a weekend, which just so happens to fall on my cd 13,14, & 15.
i wouldn't be flying till late on cd 13, so i could dtd in the morning on cd 13. then could on cd 15 when i return, which would be late. Is it better to dtd every day,or does everyother day not matter. it's like a military operation. I really want to see my friends, but i want a baby more. It's just smack in the middle of my fertile window. What do i do?

Go for the weekend or stay at home?? We are all meeting up again a few weeks after the girly weekend as a friend is getting married, so all our partners will be with us. So i will just see them for 1 day the next time. Should i just go and have a girly weekend away, even though its in my window, or stay.!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->