4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Today I had my first injection of Pregnyl! Ouch!! Also took me ages to mix it all up.

I have a scan on Weds to check follicles. Strangely enough - this time I"m not feeling a lot of 'action' down there - no twinges, bloating, I hope it is working.

The Pregnyl is a pain in the ass... did yours come in little glass bottles that you had to crack the top off? OH did ours and he cut all his fingers as the glass smashes and half of the glass went into the solution (what a stoopid bloody idea!!)

Good luck for your scan on Wednesday hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Scan Day @ 8 weeks - Monday 21st September 2009
Copied from my journal today.... (i couldnt be bothered to type it all again!)

Well, we have been waiting for this day for so long now and you could feel the tension and worry in the car on the way to the hospital! There was not much excitement i'm afraid as we were worried what to expect....

After 15 long minutes after our appointment time was due we were called into the office to have a scan. I was told as it was only 8 weeks it would be a transvaginal scan again which i didnt expect but luckily i had pruned my "lady garden" anyway and shaved my legs in case!

The baby was much bigger than i imagined and she showed us the little arms and legs and THE HEARTBEAT!!!

She said the baby looks absolutely great... heart beating away... the measurements are bang on and I have only been brought forward one day so now i'm due May 2nd instead of May 3rd.

Allan was really emotional and started to shed some silent tears which I found really cute and funny since he claims he NEVER cries... it was so nice to see him so happy though. I didn't cry, my voice went funny but I was more relieved than anything and my head was spinning with all the news. The echo lady said that the baby was snuggled deep into my uterus and in a lovely position and everything looked just great!!!

I have to have an amniocentesis because of my age... I can just have the "SAFE" test which is a blood test but this will not tell us for certain about any defects like Downs Syndrome and various diseases. Because of this we have decided to take the test and so the hospital are booking us an appointment. I had this test with my first daughter as my blood results came back as high but thankfully all was clear and ok, so now i know what to expect. Its not a nice test but its nicer than egg collection!!

Maybe after the results of that we can relax a bit and enjoy the pregnancy... I really do want to make sure everything is ok, chromosome wise especially. It will now be a worrying time AGAIN waiting for those results but hey what do you do? Our whole journey has been a worry for each result and believe me there have been a few (understatement of the century!)

We are so pleased everything is ok so far though... i still don't think it has sunk in that I have a little baby in there....

I will scan some pictures soon so you call all see...

YAAAAYYY!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Soooo glad everything is okay for you Sammy!!! :happydance::happydance: It's a relief, but you are right, then you move on to worry about something else, I guess we just never stop worrying! But in the meantime all is great and I'm sooo glad to hear!

:hug: So excited for you!!!

has anyone ever used pre -seed
i'm currently taking fertile CM, has anyone ever tried pre-seed?
i wonder if it will be any good? any body got any thoughts on it.
Also has anyone ever been prescribed "mucodyne" not sure if spelt it correctly. i'm on ammoxycillin (antibiotics) to try and increase cm through days 12-17. there is talk of me now going onto mucodyne, anyone heard of this or used it. x

I use pre-seed as Clomid dries up my cm, i think its great stuff, mind you had no success though lol!

Never heard of mucodyne (sp?) but I have used pre-seed. I found pre-seed to be extremely messy and far too much in each vial. I'm using Zestica instead, which is a lot less messy, much nicer and you can control how much or little you use.

Mrs G - Have you had a scan yet? how are you doing? be good to get an update?

Hi, how are you? Haven't heard from you about ET? How was it?

I'm having a bit of a crap day today. Scan on Thurs was great, load of little follies all with potential to grow. Today was a different story. Left ovary has 4 follies 18mm+. The right one has 2 17's and a 16 that she could see but she had real trouble finding the ovary and after her first go, didn't really bother again! So I don't know if that is it, or if there were more hiding. I'm just banking on the 4 good ones on the left for now and any more is a brucie bonus!

Gotta do trigger shot tonight at 930. Looks like you had a nightmare cupcake. :hugs: Do the little rubber things you use to break the stims saline solution not work on trigger?

xx

has anyone ever used pre -seed
i'm currently taking fertile CM, has anyone ever tried pre-seed?
i wonder if it will be any good? any body got any thoughts on it.
Also has anyone ever been prescribed "mucodyne" not sure if spelt it correctly. i'm on ammoxycillin (antibiotics) to try and increase cm through days 12-17. there is talk of me now going onto mucodyne, anyone heard of this or used it. x

I used it for a bit but also found it a bit of a fuss! I used to take EPO up to OV and also drink grapefruit juice which seemed to increase ewcm.

x

thanks for all advice ladies. so i think i will try the grapefruit juice, zestica and pre seed.
no escaping the eggy this month x

Wow lots of busy bodies in the next week or two! Thats great! I am finally getting more excited about my apt on thursday. Gonna test thursday morning with a cheapie just incase since they do an internal ultrasound. I normally don't test cause it sucks more to see the BFN but certain situations you just need to know.

Did any of you feel pain with egg collection? I am worried it's gonna hurt. I am such a wuss especially with cervix/uterus and vaginal procedures.

hello ladies

well day 15 and no smiley face yet. was a bit gutted when i seen the O. was so hoping to see the smiley face so i can phone the hospital and find out when my FET will be happening

gonna be a bit different as hubby wont be here so will be going on my own. i am gutted about it but nothing i can do about the timing of my cycle. should of had the FET a few weeks ago but 2nd AF after my IVF was 2 weeks late. he would of been here so could of come with me then. so glad i don't have to take any drugs lol

hope everyone else is doing well

:hug::hugs:xxxxxx

hello ladies

seen the :) this morning :happydance::happydance::happydance:

phoned the hospital should have FET friday all being well during thawing. embryologist is going to phone this afternoon to tell me when they are going to take my embies out and will phone me again when they have thawed with info of if and when to go in on friday

fx my embies make it through

Good luck Wrighty! FX for your.

Kelly - I had pain for about 3 days after EC - mainly discomfort from bloating rather than cervical/vaginal pain.

It's amazing the differences between different countries, and even between different hospitals if I'm being fair. We have no issues at all and were told by our FS that IUI was a total waste of time. But who knows? I guess we can only trust these 'experts' and hope they get us pregnant as quickly as possible.

I really hope IUI works for you.

x

I was told he same Maz, for male factor its pretty pointless really. I would rather not waste my money. Suppose it does depend on male factor severtiy but my clinic will only do IUI if the counts are good. Some clinics are pretty much phasing it out since some feel its pointless and does not really work.

Sometimes its best biting the bullet and going for full treatment rather than wasting time and having a whole load more heartache and dashed hope.

XX

Wow, i cant reply to all but looks like a busy thread, for all you cycling at the moment I am sooo hoping it all works for you, all this hard work you all deserve BFPS!!!! :) XXXX

My meds arrive tomorrow woo woo!! Just one quick question last night I came up in a bumpy itchy rash all over my back, neck and shoukders, took some anti-histamines this morning but no help. Do you think it could be the pill doing this or would I have had it before now as have been on it for 7 days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->