4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Kelly9

I'm sorry you're feeling down about IUI and IVF. If you feel that you would be best giving IUI a shot, then go for it. It worked for Arcanegirl on her second cycle, so there's no reason why it mightn't work for you.

:hug:

Dont know whether you have done some googling Kelly9 but i found this on IUI for you:
https://www.drmalpani.com/book/chapter24.html

Its gives you lots of information about IUI, success rates, how they do it etc.
I know how hard it is dealing with infertility I just like to keep hopes to a realistic level. No point people telling me everything will work first time, as thats not the case. I was told that in the begining "oh you have a high chance" all it ment was i was GUTTED and i really do mean GUTTED that it did not work! IVF is a 1 in 3 chance. The average attempts is 3 to get pregnant - that means many have more than 3 attampts sadly! IUI looks like about 3-4 attempt before success. That does not mean it doesnt work first time as it can easily do so. All i wanted to say was when you are paying for treatments sometimes you need to get the best treatment for your infertility and in the UK and my clinic they would not do IUI for me as my hubbies sperm problems are pretty bad, and they tend not to do IUI if there is a male factor, even when all his readings increased they still would not do it (I was not paying at that point either) They still recomended ICSI. Each circumstance is different and your clinic obviously feel you have a chance with IUI or they would never have recomended it, they are the experts. Just try to be realistic about the chance of it working first time, as sometimes it takes a couple more attempts thats all. Fingers crossed it works first time for you :)

XX

Gumb69 - Good luck with appt tomorrow hun. I have been going to acupuncture and been taking chinese herbs (although now with new info on potential toxins, I am not sure sure if I should continue!). I find the greatest benefit from acupuncture is the stress release -so if nothing more - I feel relaxed and good.

Snowdrop and Mrs G- good news girls!! FX for you.

Kelly - Good news that MIL is willing to help financially. I can understand why you wouldn't want to take it but if it she can afford it and it helps you out - why not?! I hope you are feeling a bit better about IUI and IVF. It takes a lot to get your head around, but so many of us have to go through this - you are not alone. It's not fair - but it is what it is. If you can do whatever you can to have a baby - then that is better than not trying at all.

Good luck Brambletess and Wrighty.

Welcome to Jane and Mrs F.

Hospital just rang and out of our 5 good eggs, 4 have fertilised and survived the night and out of the 2 immature ones, 1 has fertilised. So 2 didn't make it :angel: but we have 5 little embies!! :dance:

Thats great news hun fingers crossed, are you hoping to let them go to blasts or transfer day 3?

hello ladies

Mrs G - that is great news good luck with ET tomorrow

i have had 2 phone calls of the hospital today
first saying that they are taking 7 out of the 9 embies out to thaw which leaves 2 so could have another chance if it doesnt work out this time which i think is the best news ever lol thought this was gonna be my last chance and she also told me that my FET would probably be on saturday now not tomorrow
second saying that 6 out of the 7 had made it throught the thaw and my FET will be on saturday at 12pm but she did say they might change it yet til monday

hope everyone else is doing well

:dust::hug::hugs:xxxxxxxxxx

Thats Fantastic news wrighty & Mrs G will have my Fx for both of you.x

That's great news wrighty!! We'll be PUPO together!!

No such luck with blast krissi, our clinic only does 2 day transfer. We're having 2 put back though.

Good luck to all the ladies who are about to do their ET, EC, stims, everything that's going on here in this thread!

Truly hoping and wishing you all get your much deserved BFP's!

I would like to second this!!! Its so hard to keep up with everyone but i wish you all the very best of luck and health and hope you all get preggers really soon!!! Good luck girls!!! :dust::dust::dust:

That's great news wrighty!! We'll be PUPO together!!

No such luck with blast krissi, our clinic only does 2 day transfer. We're having 2 put back though.

ET tomorrow.... shes gonna be PUPO!!!!! Wooo hooo... god i have been waiting so long for this so i dont know how you must feel, seemed like FOREVER! Good luck hun xxxx

Great news Mrs G and Wrighty xxx i really hope you get your BFP'S
Do they give you anything after the ET. (progesterone or anything) i've a hang up about progesterone.x

Kelly- sorry to hear you are feeling down. i hope you feel better and you chose what ever is best for you.

Cupcake- hope all is ok? are you going to change clinics xx

Great news Mrs G and Wrighty xxx i really hope you get your BFP'S
Do they give you anything after the ET. (progesterone or anything) i've a hang up about progesterone.x

Kelly- sorry to hear you are feeling down. i hope you feel better and you chose what ever is best for you.

Cupcake- hope all is ok? are you going to change clinics xx

Progesterone... and loads of it! I had to take 2 vaginal capsules 3 times a day but only for a couple of weeks. I hated the stuff it was messy and slimey and you never felt clean. I was glad to get rid of the stuff so i can sympathise with you. :hugs:

Everything is in my journal if you want to read.

Mrs G and Wrighty good luck today!

Well I mentioned the other day that I have had this rash since taking the pill, so totally fed up last night and after a load of pursuasion from mum and OH I called the clinic and the nurse said they are going to scan me today and see if I can start down regging injections today instead of Tuesday so I can stop the pill. Very nervous!!

Wrightywales - thats fantastic 6 embies made it, the longer they are left to develop the better your chances are for implantation! so fingers crossed for Monday transfer as it will be a blastie then!! have a good feeling for this!!

Mrs G - Good luck for transfer, you will be PUPO like me! :hugs:I only have five more days to go now and hoping the weekend goes fast. Not feeling ever so hopefull as have dodgy bowells today and that often happens before my AF so praying she doesn't show up in a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->