4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Good luck PUPO ladies!!!!!

I am cd8 now i think still waiting for ov.

Way to go cupcake

Good luck girls xoxo. I think I am getting side effects from the Synarel...man...I'm so teary at times and I am only on day 3. Any advice on how to deal with this, I hope this gets better.

Lioness - just keep your fluids up hun - not much more else you can do unfortunately except just know that it is temporary and it will pass.

For those that are interested - update from my journal:
Day 4 Embie Update
We have received some updated information on our embies:

6 embies were suitable for biopsy and genetic testing. Of those 6, three have abnormal chromosomes and are not viable.

Of the 3 remaining, they were unable to get any information on with regards to genetic abnormalities, which is a bit disappointing.

So we will see what is left tomorrow morning for transfer. I am a bit nervous about putting an embie back that hasn't been tested, mainly because of my bad quality eggs which generally have a greater chance of chromosomal abnormalities. I just hope there isn't another m/c on the cards.

On top of this - I am so bloated today! I don't know why, I have been drinking heaps of water and exercising quite a bit. Have had to send DH out on his own tonight to a friend's b'day dinner as none of my freakin' clothes fit!! I swear I have gained 5 kg in 2 days. Feeling like shit right about now.

Good luck for tomorrow Cupcake.

Well started stimming today, double jabs for next 2 weeks yuck, although getting used to them but OMG the mood swings one minute laughing, then crying and grumpy, god I must be a nightmare to be around!!

:hugs: cupcake, fx there will be some little good ones for tomorrow xx

Krissi, ikwym! I was exactly the same. Just think how close you are now though!!!

xx

hello ladies

Cupcake- good luck for tomorrow hope theres a couple of good embies to be put bk :hug::hugs:xxxxx
Snowdrop & Mrs G - hope the 2ww is going ok for you both :dust::hug::hugs:xxx
well i seem to have lost all my PMA today ..... if found please return as it is really needed ..... lol gotta laugh otherwise i think id go mad ..... think its my own fault looking at a tww site and realising im having no symptom yet. I know i might not be getting any yet but i so want to feel something.

:dust::hug::hugs: xxxxxxxxx to everyone xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all, I am Bek. I hope you don't mind me crashing in on your all. I haven't ben able to read all the posts on here as there are just so many LOL.

Hubby and I are starting out first IVF cycle on the 10th of this month, well that is when I start the nasal spray, and to be honest I am a little concerned about the mood swings, I don't want to be horrible to my children and jump down their throats. I told hubby I may start to put the christmas lights up then so it can help keep me busy and focused (they usually take me about a month to get them all up anyway).

I am really scared about the whole process, scared is actually an under statement, so i could use all the support I can get right at the moment.

Thanks

Hi Bek this little group are so supportive its unbelievable so you are in the right place fingers crossed for you xxx

Welcome Bek - I am in Brisbane too! Which clinic are you going to?! I am very excited to see another Brisbanite on here! I am going through Life Fertility in Spring Hill.

best of luck with your cycle. The drugs aren't too bad and generally don't affect moods too much -it is just temporary and a means to an end.

Welcome Bek - I am in Brisbane too! Which clinic are you going to?! I am very excited to see another Brisbanite on here! I am going through Life Fertility in Spring Hill.

best of luck with your cycle. The drugs aren't too bad and generally don't affect moods too much -it is just temporary and a means to an end.

I live in Aspley (near chermside) so on the Northside. We are going through Queensland Fertility Group at the North West hospital, so far they seem very kind and really helpful.
I am happy that I only have to pay one fee and all scans, bloods tests etc are all included in that price. I only have to pay $110 for the nasal spray seperatly and they bill my health fund and medicare for the doctors bill directly and the nurse said my out of pocket would be about $30 for that.
All up my out of pocket should be around $1800 for the first cycle, so that is very exceptable to me.

Geezzzz I hope the government don't change that medicare safety net for IVF on Jan 1st, cause if this round doesn't work, I will be up for alot more money come Jan. They were also considering keeping the safety net for IVF but limiting the rounds you can claim depending on your age, and I think over 35yrs they were going to put in for 3 rounds per year, but anything more than that and the patient has to fort the bill. This could have a huge impact on the standard family.

So where are you at with your IVF cycle? and how are things going? Would this be your first?

Bek

I live in McDowall :) So we are very close. I have been to North West for other procedures and they are really good there. When I finally get my baby - I will go there for the birth.

I am on my 2nd cycle and am actually having embryo transfer tomorrow. First round worked but I miscarried shortly after. I got pregnant naturally last year but also miscarried and had D&C at North West. A summary of our fertility 'issues' are at bottom of my post

Are you seeing Dr Watson?I hear he is very good - he is impossible to get an appt with for gynaeo/obste unless you are one of his IVF patients.

Yeah it sux about Medicare and all that. We have been out of pocket about $3k, but only because we chose to have our embryo's genetically tested as well which is $2k which you don't get back (so saving that for next year's tax return). OVerall cost between clinics is about the same and we thought we'd go straight into another cycle after our last m/c because of things changing inJan 2010. If this one doesn't work we'll just have to dig into our savings to fund future cycles. From what I have worked out, including genetic testing, we will be out of pocket $7K each cycle from Jan 2010.

As for how things are going - it's been a tumultuous ride - check out my journal if you are interested, but there have been a lot of problems.

Happy to talk to you about this in another forum if you ever want to meet up or the like. I know QFG have meetings and gatherings where you can meet others going through the same thing- but I don't have that at my clinic.

Wow good luck with the transfer, I so hope you get your BFP and it sticks. I will say an extra special pray for you tonight.

I am 35 and have 3 children which hubby and I conceived naturally, after my 3rd son (9yrs ago) I had my tubes tied, and regretted it almost staright away, but having 3 BOYS under the age of four, I pushed it behind and got on with my job at hand. In 2007 I had my tubes reversed and we tried to fall with no luck, had a HSG and showed blockage in both tubes. I gave up for a bit as I was gutted, I had this vision of having them reversed and BINGO I would fall pregnant. I went back into hospital begining of this year and my gyno put die through my tubes (while I was under) and my right tube was closed, but my left was open, but still no luck.
Yes I am seeing Dr Watson and he is great, he said that even though my left tube was open, it may not be open enough for an egg to pass or I may have to much scare tissue.
The success with IVF is reduced due to my age, however he said becauce my partner and I don't have a fertility problem as in such, that it is the plumping that doesn't work, that will increase my chances, so that is some positive news.
Once you are feeling better from the transfer, we for sure should meet up one day, that would be great. I am really nervous about the whole process.
I will take the time to read your journal tomorrow, I really hope this is your month, you will have a June bub.

For sure Bek we will meet up soon and I can talk you through my experiences with IVF - it's all quite daunting and can sound scary, but if you've got 3 boys to raise - you are definitely tough enough to get through it! :rofl:

hello ladies

Cupcake- good luck for tomorrow hope theres a couple of good embies to be put bk :hug::hugs:xxxxx
well i seem to have lost all my PMA today ..... if found please return as it is really needed ..... lol gotta laugh otherwise i think id go mad ..... think its my own fault looking at a tww site and realising im having no symptom yet. I know i might not be getting any yet but i so want to feel something.

Oh hun I am exactly the same!! I feel no different whatsoever. Keep imagining symptoms! Keep up that PMA hun. I'm not feeling that positive about it all tbh but like you say we gotta keep smiling!! :hugs:

xxx

hello ladies

Loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh SD, hope you're not too bored hun. I've just sat through the whole box set of Gavin and Stacey!! Very productive!!!

As well as my imaginary boobs today, I've got imaginary tiredness and little imaginary cramps...... :shrug:

Welcome Bek! :hi:

Cupcake: everything crossed for tomorrow, thinking of you :hugs:

Wrighty: sorry you've lost your PMA at the mo. I don't just find I have good and bad days with PMA - I have good and bad nano seconds! It's very exhausting isn't it! Don't beat yourself up about lack of symptoms, you may never get any signs except for the 2 pink lines but that's the most important sign! I do know what you mean about wanting to feel something / anything. FX for you. :hugs:

Krissi: I was exactly the same when I was stimming. I've never cried so much, then laughed, then grumped, then cried, then laughed, then....! :headspin: Not long for you now! :happydance:

Mrs G: Hello PUPO Buddy! :hi:

:hugs: to everyone else :hugs:

Lioness - just keep your fluids up hun - not much more else you can do unfortunately except just know that it is temporary and it will pass.

For those that are interested - update from my journal:
Day 4 Embie Update
We have received some updated information on our embies:

6 embies were suitable for biopsy and genetic testing. Of those 6, three have abnormal chromosomes and are not viable.

Of the 3 remaining, they were unable to get any information on with regards to genetic abnormalities, which is a bit disappointing.

So we will see what is left tomorrow morning for transfer. I am a bit nervous about putting an embie back that hasn't been tested, mainly because of my bad quality eggs which generally have a greater chance of chromosomal abnormalities. I just hope there isn't another m/c on the cards.

On top of this - I am so bloated today! I don't know why, I have been drinking heaps of water and exercising quite a bit. Have had to send DH out on his own tonight to a friend's b'day dinner as none of my freakin' clothes fit!! I swear I have gained 5 kg in 2 days. Feeling like shit right about now.

Hi Hun, well things are definately looking better than last time!!! :happydance:

I was bloated straight the way and have to continued to be like that since so maybe this is a good sign! :thumbup:

is this normal to have that many eggs with chromosomal problems? Im a bit worried now for myself... we have to go for a consultation on Monday to talk about the amnio and then i guess they will book us in to have the procedure done... i really hate waiting for the results of this test as I have had one before. Let us know what happens tomorrow and I hope all goes well for ET, you will be PUPO tomorrow!!!! Yayyy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->